Space Marine Chapter Creation

I'm bored, so lets try making a new space marine chapter. I've got the tables pulled up now, we'll take the first roll on each table and see if we can spin everything together.

First up, chapter origins. Roll 1d10 to determine why the chapter was founded.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rollin dice+1d100

It's d10 on this one actually.

Fuck. Rollin.

dice+1d10

Rolled 5 (1d10)

You type dice+1d10 in the Options field guys.

Counter - The chapter was founded to combat a specific threat. Said threat will be determined later on the Enemies table.

Next up, when was the Chapter founded? Roll 1d100 to find out.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

curesed founding get!

38th Millennium, close but no cigar.

Now, we roll for the chapter's progenitor. Roll d100.

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Salmanders get!

Ultramarines, pretty standard thus far. Salamandars are apparently one of the hardest results to get, they're a 100 on the table.

So, time for gene-seed purity. Is it as clean as the usual Ultramarine stock, or does it delineate a little? Roll 1d10.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

c'mon baby, gimma a 10!

Altered Stock - Gene Seed is altered and some implants are deficient. Looks like the Ultramarines fucked something up when they made this successor chapter.

Roll 1d10 for Gene Seed mutation.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Alright, give me a ten on this one then!

Ouch, Lost Zygote. That's gonna hurt recruitment.

Next up is Chapter Demeanor, roll 1d10.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

No Mercy, No Respite. Looks like this chapter prefers to slaughter the enemy down to the very last.

Now then, Chapter Legends. First we need to roll for our Figure of Legend, roll 1d100 and we'll see what he was.

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Rollan!!

>A Battle-Brother seconded from a previous generation Successor or even the First Founding Legion that provided the new Chapter’s gene-seed. Roll again on this table to determine what type of warrior he was, rerolling if you get this result again.

Alright, so our Figure of Legend was the Ultramarine who started this chapter. Well, now we know who fucked up the Gene Seed. Roll 1d100 again and lets see what he was when he was a normal Ultramarine.

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Rolled 7 (1d100)

Chief Librarian, the chapter's founder was originally the Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines before he did something big enough to deserve a successor chapter.

Speaking of which, Deeds of Legend. What did our founder do to deserve a successor chapter? Roll 1d100 to find out

Rolled 94 (1d100)

>The hero was the first to face some newly discovered alien race, and ultimately responsible for its total destruction. Centuries later, only the Chapter remembers the name of the race, so utterly was it and its works cast down.

Well that works out. The Chapter was established to counter some specific threat, I suppose this alien race was that threat. Plus that works out really well with the Chapter's demeanor of No Mercy, No Respite.

So, now for the chapter's homeworld. Roll 1d100 and lets find out where this chapter lives.

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Feral World, suppose that makes sense if the chapter's out at the edge of the galaxy where the Imperium wouldn't notice a new xenos species.

Now for the terrain, roll 1d100.

Rolled 71 (1d100)

I never fucking understood why the Salamanders have no recorded successors. Yeah, they were too depleted to have any Second Founders sure, but what's stopped them from having third+?
It's not like they have a super-duper special, no-one-else-can-have-this geneseed like the Woofs.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Wasteland planet, looks like the war with the xenos really took it out on the planet. That, or it was like that when we got here. Either way, good material for recruiting new marines, even if it will take forever to build numbers back thanks to our Gene Seed mutation.

Now for Rule of Homeworld, does the chapter rule as the planet's immortal demigod kings, or are they a distant legend that mostly just leaves the people to themselves? Roll 1d10 and lets see.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Maybe it's because of their Gene Seed mutation? Sure, plenty of the other first-founding chapters had mutations, but the Salamanders' was the most immediately obvious. Might be that Terra is just hesitant to replicate obviously flawed Gene Seed, who knows?

Stewardship - Little bit of both, we have a planetary governor in charge of the planet but we still outrank him. He just handles the day-to-day shit while we focus on purging xenos.

Next up is Tactical Organization. The chart recommends that Ultramarine successors have a higher chance of being Codex-Adherent, but fuck it, might be fun having a chapter that's altered tactics to deal with unknown Xenos species. Roll 1d10.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Hopefully something fancy will be rolled.

Just baaaarely Codex Adherent. Although honestly, I really like the idea of the chapter changing it's strategies to deal with new threats the Codex doesn't have anything on. Do we want to try rolling 1d5 to see if the Chapter is Codex-Divergent or Uniquely Structured, or do we want to stick to the original result and move on?

Rolled 3 (1d5)

Guess that answers that then.

So! Now we're Codex-Divergent, we're not wildly off from what the Codex says, but the chapters made some adjustments to account for xenos species the Codex doesn't cover.

Now for special equipment, go ahead and roll 1d100.

Rolled 39 (1d100)

>Beastial Companion: More common among those Chapter’s whose origins come from Feral Worlds, this Chapter prides itself on raising hunting animals to assist in battle. Examples: Fenrisian Wolf, hunting birds.

Alright then, looks like the chapter trains some local beast for battle. We can probably decide what specific creature they tame after the rolling's done, but feel free to discuss possibilities in the meantime.

Now for Chapter Beliefs, roll 1d100 and we'll see what the Chaplains preach.

Big fucking birds

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Honor the Ancestors. That sounds likes very Feral World-y belief, and it fits in with respecting their founder who wiped out the original xenos species they were made to destroy.

And now for chapter strength, which will be doubly important for this chapter thank to their Lost Zygote mutation. Roll 1d10 and lets see how the chapter currently stands.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Nominal - The Chapter is at full strength, not at overstrength nor understrength.

Now for Chapter Relations. Who is the chapter allies with? Roll 1d100.

Rolled 3 (1d100)

Administratum, bit of a boring group to have as an ally but hey, it's good to be friends with the guys who assign supplies.

And now for the chapter's enemies. At this point I feel like the chapter might specialize in cataloguing and exterminating new xenos races, but that doesn't mean they can't fight some of the more standard enemies of Man. Roll 1d100.

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Tyranids. Figures that the Ultramarine successor that specializes in exterminating xenos would hate those.

Alright, that's the last table. One sec and I'll summarize all the results.

bumpin

bumperino

that local beast better be big fucking birds of some kind

Fuck, fell asleep on accident. -Now- I'll post a summary real quick.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Oh, one thing I forgot to call a roll for; Combat Doctrine. I'll go ahead and roll that now while I'm at it.

Thunderhawk Assault, looks like the chapter prefers to bomb the xenos rather than fight them on foot. Makes sense considering they have Lost Zygote, and that could go with Beast Companion if we're sticking to giant birds.

How about armed giant birds?

>Origins - Counter
>Founding - 38th Millennium
>Progenitor - Ultramarines
>Gene Seed Purity - Altered Stock
>Gene Seed Mutation - Lost Zygote
>Chapter Demeanor - No Mercy, No Respite
>Figure of Legend - Former Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines, Chapter Founder
>Deed of Legend - Founder was responsible for exterminating a newly discovered Xenos race. Today, only the chapter remembers it's name
>Homeworld - Wasteland Feral World
>Rule of Homeworld - Stewardship
>Chapter Organization - Codex Divergent
>Special Equipment - Beastial Companion
>Combat Doctrine - Thunderhawk Assault
>Chapter Beliefs - Honor the Ancestors
Chapter Strength - Nominal
>Chapter Ally - Administratum
>Chapter Enemy - The Tyranids

So that's everything we had to roll for, how's the part where we tie it all together and hammer out their fluff. So, let's start with these questions:

1.) What is the chapter's name?
2.) What is the chapter's motto?
3.) What is the chapter's color scheme?

Since it seems like we want their beast companions to be giant birds of some kind, their name should probably involve some type of bird (Falcons, Hawks, Eagles, -bird). After we've got these questions down, we can figure out the specifics of their bird companions. What are they like, how do they tame them, what part they play in the chapter's culture, etc.

>Thunderbirds
>Thunderbirds are go!
>two shades of blue
Shameless bump.

1.) How about "Brazen Hawks"
2.) Death & Annihilation
3.) Grey with red pauldrons. Chapter Symbol is a metallic hawk.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Rolling for a chapter name.

Rolled 93 (1d100)

Whoops, forgot a die.

Alright, tried doing two color schemes, dunno how good they look so just let me know which scheme looks better, and whether stuff should be dark/lighter/whatever.

Here's the blue scheme, didn't know which two shades to go with so I just went with a light and dark shade.

And now the grey/red scheme.

>Crimson Wolves

Sounds cool, but does it fit the theme?

maybe we could change the theme to having wolves with keen senses who excell at uncovering genestealer infestation.

or we stick to the armed/armored birds team and chose a name without rolling.

Eh, I'm partial to the birds honestly. Wolves would feel more like a Space Wolves successor chapter thing.

In any case, do either of these color schemes work out?

How about Crimson Falcons?

Could work. Alternatively, maybe The Firebirds or The Thunderbirds could work?

Laughing Owls

>Ultramarines are space romans
>We're Ultramarine successors
>We should be roman themed
>Eagles are the symbol of Jupiter, chief of the roman gods
>Jupiter likes his lightning storms

We have to be the Storm Eagles, don't we?

Oh hey, Storm Eagles could work yeah. Let's go with that.

So, now for a motto and color scheme. I already posted some a few posts up, do we want to go with one of those or try a different color scheme?

Aren't Storm Eagles already a type of dropship in 40k?

Shit, yeah, just googled it and you're right.

In that case, just to avoid deliberating on it too much, I say we call the chapter The Thunderbirds. No other chapter is called that, and it kinda plays on the fact their tactics include heavy use of Thunderhawks and whatever giant birds they tamed.

Sounds nice. Could you post the random gen tables?

>Chapter motto
FIND THE XENOS
FIX THE XENOS
DESTROY THE XENOS

1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables

There you go. There's other tables as well, for stuff like Chaos Warbands. They're all on 1d4chan.

I like this one as a colour scheme