ITT instant red flags

> I want to play a jedi, but he's not, you know, a simple one. He's a grey jedi! He uses both sides of the Force, and he has a cool red lightsaber that...
I swear it's the fault of the prequels. Probably all this "emotions/love make you evil" and "the jedi are stupid and ineffecient" bullshit from Attack of the Clones, none of it was in the original trilogy.

>game's wizards rip off eastern religion
>wanting to play a character who seeks balance, a major concept in most eastern religions, is a red flag
Choosing the middle ground in a sliding scale is almost always the right choice in real life, why wouldn't you assume so in this case?

>I want to play a [insert any beastfolk race here] but I want it to look more human.

>Character's high concept starts with their sexual preference

>wants to be a grey jedi
>wants to spam force powers
>cares about having a lightsaber
[ANGRY SPACE WITCH NOISES]

Grey Jedi makes a lot of sense in the EU, mostly on the Old Republic. Considering the many doctrines of the Force, and how the Jedi ways are crazy, restricted and inefficient, it is no surprise that the is third kind of regular Force users.

> Rip off eastern religion
In what way? It was a classic good versus evil story. Darth Vader and the Emperor were thoroughly evil bastards. Luke, Obi Wan and Yoda were good people - and they didn't act like emotionless robots either. Yoda goofed around, while Luke often allowed emotions override his reason, but they still were good guys, this is why they represented the Light Side.
Dark Side vs Light Side is not like ying and yang, it's straightforward good versus evil. Seeking balance between good and evil doesn't make you enlightened, it makes you a retard.

Well, yes, and that's why I blame the prequels (and EU that followed their example) for showing the jedi as corrupt, weak, restricted, emotionless, sexless, inefficient. Why do that? The jedi in the original trilogy were none of those things, what's with all this flood of dogmatic incompetents?

Which is why the prequels making the jedi lawful stupid is fucking unforgivable.

>he has a cool red lightsaber
But that's the color of cheap mass-produced khyber crystals, at least in pre-Disney canon.
If he was a real special snowflake, he would pick a rare color or a gradient.

>The jedi in the original trilogy were none of those things
Because there were no jedi to speak of.

>Why do that?

Because no one was around to say no to Lucas' bad ideas.

Not that the current "lets recycle the actually halfway decent material over and over again" is any better.

And the movies were better for that. Jedi&Sith and their squabbles are among the less interesting parts of Star Wars.

Eh, monstergirl fags are better than furries.

You ever noticed that the best EU parts are those where the jedi are nearly wiped out? Like KOTOR 2 and Legacy.

>the jedi are stupid and ineffecient
>not in the OT
The entirety of their order was represented by some old guy in a desert, the local yokel, and Hermit the Frog. Not exactly German MENSA.

That's a lie and you know it.

They wiped out the Empire and brought peace to galaxy. The gigantic jedi order in the prequels was unable to see a sith when he was right in front of them, didn't notice Anakin's obvious descend into the dark side and didn't do shit about it if they did, couldn't be bothered by investigating a convenient clone army and did a lot of other stupid shit.

>I want to fight without armor and bare-knucle but I want to be as good as an armored and weapon weilding knight

No one ever claimed that the Jedi were particularly smart people. But then again given the picture that prequels give of them Anakin could had fucked his wife in the front of the council and they would had still been too oblivious to it figure out.

>he has a cool red lightsaber that...
"-so he's a deluded Sith."
Thank you Disney cannon for making it so much easier to call bullshit on poorly written characters!

>Whatisamonk.jpeg

>They wiped out the Empire and brought peace to galaxy.
If by 'they' you mean 'the Rebels and Darth Vader'. About the only thing the Jedi themselves do is annoy Vader and blow up the Death Star (and Luke wasn't even a Jedi then).

Don't fall for bait, user.

For all of its flaws 3.X managed to convey the power difference classes effectively.
>hit things with your bare hands=worth of absolutely nothing
>hit thing with your sword=worth of absolutely nothing
>rape the laws of physics with your spells=basically a god

...yes, he was. He specifically used the Force to make this shot. As for the others, they've trained Luke and made him into a better jedi, this is what good mentors do.

You're right, thanks user.

>characters description includes penis size.

This is your reminder that Gandalf didn't save Middle Earth, Merlin wasn't the protagonist of king Arthur's mythos and Conan kicked the shit out of evil sorcerers all the time.
DnD is pretty much the only place where warriors < wizards.

If 'uses the Force' is the sole criterion to be a Jedi in the OT, then what is Vader? He's not a Sith (unless you read the books).

Emperor's bitch.

He's a fallen jedi.

And what's the Emperor? Does he even use the Force on-screen? He does the lightning thing, but is it said in the movies that that's the Force?

>Player smells like balls
Without fail, every person I've played with who gave off some sort of stench wound up being That Guy for some reason or another. There are shit players who don't smell but all smelly players are shit.

Druids, ever. Everyone seems to think druid = furfag or zophile. Also if you're playing in anything but AD&D they're somewhat likely to wind up CN.

>none of it was in the original trilogy.
Then why are you angry? Sounds like the guy wants to play a jedi correctly.

He sees the future just like Luke, so yes, we know for a fact that he's a force user. Probably not a jedi, though, since he contemptuously refers to a lightsaber as a "jedi weapon", but who knows?
I mean, now we know that he was a minor politician called Sheev once, but it's just prequels being prequels.

This
Stupid wizard nerds. I bash wizard nerds on a regular basis

>He sees the future
Wait, when was that?

I only ever played one Jedi in a Star Wars RPG, and it was based on the Failed Jedi pre-gen in the 2nd Ed WEG core book.

That character was a LOT of fun. Pathetic, failed alcoholic more afraid of the force than in control of it, but without the passion and drive to *really* turn to the darkside. After making sure there'd be a party that would drag him through the plot (and enjoy it) I played that useless piece of shit to the hilt. Good times.

> Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son!
> Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

The problem with gray Jedi isn't that gray Jedi can't be a thing, it's just that everyone's version of it is "cool force lightning ON THE EDGE! Also I'm a Mandalorian bounty hunter and I made my blood red crystal out of a Sith Lord's heart!"

If instead you are a guy who recognizes that positive emotions are fine and can be used to fuel powers in very specific situations than you can be a totally cool guy like Jolee Bindo

Who is this everyone you're talking about? I question whether they actually exist.

I am exhausted, so I'll give this minimal effort, but I can easily explain all those criticisms of the Jedi:
>unable to see a sith when he was right in front of them
Difficult to see through, the shrouding cloud of the Dark Side is
>didn't notice Anakin's obvious descent into the dark side
The above post, see.

>couldn't be bothered by investigating a convenient clone army
An immediate and desperate war, there was.
Distracted, we were.

>and did a lot of other stupid shit.
As stupid does, stupid is.

Forum games. Not even once. See also using Google to try to find character art. Gray Jedi are basically the Star Wars version of Sonic OCs

Go to bed Felix

Why would you be roleplaying on a forum and expecting anything, but the worst?

>"I'm a Sith"
>brooding angry constantly 1-note

The keyword for sith is PASSION. Power yes, but you are as much at it's whim as vice versa. Yes rage and anger are fairly easy emotions to manufacture, but why limit yourself?

Where are the force-bound lovers, whose love/passion/lust makes them strong but shockingly vulnerable if one or the other is targeted

Where is the sith, for lack of a better term, dragon? whose lust for wealth, his passion for riches empowers him?

and if you must have hate, where is the edge-kun cyborg sith? whose self-hate and wretched condition allows him to wring surprising might from the force

I foresaw Trump winning (not /pol/ btw)
Doesn't mean I literally see the future.

Expanded Universe, please go. Vader and the Emperor were basically nothing like you've described.

Definitely perused one once. Boredom does terrible things to a mortal man as much as a Jedi. Also sometimes people will post art on /swg/ so we can all laugh at it. I shit you not one time it was someone's "ex-Jedi Mandalorian OC" who had a fucking lightscythe. That kid probably tortures animals in his yard

No, he isn't lying. Monstergirlfags are superior than yiffags

>Difficult to see through, the shrouding cloud of the Dark Side is
Also difficult to see through, 100-odd years of complacency and stagnation are.

>Vader
>Not cyborg filled with rage at both the galaxy and himself

Sure

TOR.

Sorry.

Speaking of Star Wars...
> It's "Player wants to play as a sexy twi'lek slave" episode
Happened more than once to me. One time she even had a shock collar. I blame Vette.

The smell is just a side effect of the personality. Shitty people don't take care of themselves or care about social convention.

The word 'sith' literally never appears in the original trilogy, so your entire point is completely irrelevant anyways.

Dooku and Maul were also absolutely nothing like you've described.

But I play a druid...

>whose self-hate and wretched condition allows him to wring surprising might from the force
...kylo ren?

My druid was a half orc hermit who kept bees to make his own mead, carried a hugeass greatclub to protect the hives and sort of followed the "we're not sure if he's a wise excentric or a drunken lunatic" pattern.
where does that fall.

>mfw I insisted on playing a Mandalorian Jedi in a Star Wars freeform when I was 15

I'M SORRY OH MY GOD I'M SORRY.

Oh please, I was playing edgy gray Jedi back in the mid-1990s.

That's nothing, I've played a zabrak sith (who was essentially Darth Maul in every aspect) turned good. I was eleven back then, so I have an excuse.

>player links a picture of what they think the character looks like
>it's from an anime

Would you prefer it to be a photo of them in costume? Or a badly photoshopped picture of them?

They're all red flags, honestly.

It was KOTOR that popularized the retarded sliding scale grey jedi horseshit.

>Shitty people don't take care of themselves or care about social convention.

Thats true to a certain extent. I mean if you rounded up all the meth heads, drunkards, fat slobs etc you would find a lot of shitty people.

Imo the best people are found in the middle between the extremes. If you take alright care of yourself but have a few vices, and you look alright but sometimes just don't give a fuck about social conventions those are the type of people I'd trust far more.

People who are pristine can fuck right off because they are all shifty to the maximum.

Don't be sorry. Be better.

I'm waiting for the red flag

It's one of those shitty animes where they look like some generic weeb.

>not playing a pragmatic Imperial Agent

>monstergirlfags
>yiffags
>different things

>all _____ party

>guardsman

Absolute bottom of the barrel.

>All PDF party

Pre- or post-ISO standardisation?

>implying that doesn't make a shitton more sense than a "balanced" party in a majority of scenarios

>chaotic good paladin with a katana

>All JPEG party

Chi. Yin yang. Taoism.

You are not particularily bright, are you?

When you insult someone for being wrong without explaining why they're wrong, you just look like you're having a temper-tantrum.

Not any of the people in this convo btw

People with 5 second attention span like yourself shouldn't be catered to. It's really fucking obvious why that guy is being insulted if you actually follow the reply chain.

Jolee Bindo was almost entirely light side, going by the game morality.

Not me. I think druids as tree fuckers.

Passion itself isn't the road to the dark side. It's where uninhibited passion leads you. Love turns to jealousy, and then to hate. That kind of thing.

That's why Luke's order didn't forbid relationships and actually taught students to be aware of where passion may lead, rather than to spur it altogether.

So it will be a game about gathering artifacts?

>That's why Luke's order didn't forbid relationships and actually taught students to be aware of where passion may lead, rather than to spur it altogether.
And look where THAT lead.

So you can't actually articulate why the other poster is wrong?

I can, it's just so BLINDINGLY obvious that I shouldn't have to. Seriously, your reading comprehension must be on par with a 6-year-old.

...to success?

Talking about the old canon. I don't know what happened in new canon.

It's literally written in the post he replied to, you fucking moron.

Maybe you shouldn't discuss star wars if you haven't even seen the movies.

We still don't know what's the deal with Kylo Ren, though. You shouldn't blindly assume.

We DO know that Luke's attempt at creating a new jedi order was a failure.

I've seen all the movies. We don't know what happened with Luke's order in the new movies, only that Ren was seduced by the dark side and Snoke.

We don't even know how this version of Luke taught.

Weeewwww lad its like im back in middle school reading this shit