/swg/ Big ol trouble

Its 3am and I'm covered in vomit

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/cm/1469654237881.jpg
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/77/43/7743cdd8-51f8-4ec1-9f2d-8d731a900751/swd_rules_referencecompressed.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexim-Favor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how viable is it in FFG games to have a silhouette 5 home base ship? possibly with some personal fighters/shuttles?

There's two types of Sil 5. Gozanti/Sentinel scale, and Corvette scale, which do you mean.

more like a gozanti or wayfarer that serves as mobile base to the party.

They're strong and (in the case of the Gozanti absurdly) cheap, but not exactly the best since they are sorta a midground between durability and the (By RAW, seriously limited) evasion that Sil4 allows.

Hopefully you're getting a good deal on fuel/supplies/maintenance. Technically you could cruise it with a party, but long-term logistics is a much larger operation that round get out of hand for just a small group.

Sil5's like the CR90 Corvette and Consular are really solid ships, with a hanger mod they can carry fighters too.
Problem's tend to be the crew requirements, cost and they tend to cop a real beating from capital ships, so don't expect to go toe to toe with much.

Thanks guys all noted.

It's for a force and destiny game where the players are about to likely lose their mentor character and most of their allies they've built up to this arc's BBEG, they'll escape because their home an old freighter, is not as old as previously thought.

i.4cdn.org/cm/1469654237881.jpg

Posting over a discovery I made with a misclick.

A hybrid of Dark Forces 1 and Dark Forces 2 Kyle.

May as well revive the thread with a question: what sort of star wars Veeky Forums game that doesn't already exist would you be most interested in seeing?

Star Wars: Trader.

Core book is full of commodities tables and an economic system generator. You're the crew of a trade freighter, dodge pirates, while attempting to make a viable trade empire, all the time cursing at the filthy smugglers undercutting your prices.

>Ground vehicle combat game with separate Rebel and Imperial single player campaigns.

>Capital ship game made like a Silent Hunter game

Damn missed the Veeky Forums thing.

>ground vehicle combat game similar to MechWarrior but using movement and order dials like Armada

>no beard

not the user you are responding to but DF1 Kyle didn't have a beard.

Like I said, it's a hybrid, DF1 smoothface and jacket, DF2 saber.

I want a ground combat game somewhere between X-Wing and Armada Scale, preferably with an objective focus. The kind of thing you could easily integrate multiple eras in, and easily theme campaigns and expansion packs around famous battles.

They merely lacked the technology to render him in his full glory. Jason Court is the one true Katarn.

I like it, though without the beard his jaw kinda reminds me of Thanos depiction in the marvel movies.

And now, on a completely unrelated note, I am wondering how Karl Urban would look as Kyle katarn

I like Jason Court but I also like the voice actor in Outcas/Academy since I started with Outcast.

>And now, on a completely unrelated note, I am wondering how Karl Urban would look as Kyle katarn
You are far from the first to posit Karl Katarn.

Now that I've said this, I can't stop thinking about how easy it would be to package and market.

Start with your battle of Hoth as a core set, Rebels get Rebel Infantry (Cold), a flight of a couple Snow Speeders and some of their fixed gun emplacements. Imperials get Snowtroopers, AT-ST and the AT-AT. Comes with the easiest set-up in the world. Get a little shield generator token - if imperials destroy the token before so many turns pass, they win. If rebels hold out for enough rounds, they win.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is how to handle hero types - should they just be upgrades you slot into a squad, or their own "mini". Maybe a mix of both? You can just drop Commander Skywalker in with any old Alliance Infantry team, but somebody like Sheev shows up on his own with a couple of Royal Guards watching his six.

>>Capital ship game made like a Silent Hunter game

Spacebump

Rochambump

Shadows of the Empire is an interesting re-read

Yeah, you just gotta remember that the narrator takes on the traits of the PoV character without EXPRESSLY stating it's an internal monologue.

He does the same thing in his Aliens vs Predator books.

So I've been playing with a list with an TIE/D and am kinda interest in why they never show up in lists.
Now it could just be that it's just a touch weaker than an option with x7, but I'm wondering if the U-boat weakening and more small ships showing up might make the tractor beam option more viable.

You could easily do this with EotE and maybe some SWN or just a spreadsheet if you wanted. Or just play a star wars themed SWN game

Granted, it's not crappy writing.
Also, why did I unconsciously get the mental picture of Xizor being played by Michael Fassbender?

I've actually found a tractor beam flying with a black crack miniswarm decent
the fighters block denying r1 shots then a i Tractor Beam the ace back into their R1 line of fire after he's missed his chance to shoot point blank and now with the -1 agility.

Post lore questions that keep you up at night

>how did the Empire have rebel heavy tanks?

Yulane Trachta made those tanks for the empire officially and sold them to the rebels under the table.

I'll raise you.

>Why does that X-Wing have its canopy open in mid-flight?

I got the impression that this was the theft of the X-wing prototypes, they're lifting off under fire (which is also why the s-foils are closed).

In a universe where the Force exists and exerts its influence on all people, is there really even free will?

Yes. The Force didn't cause Anakin to fall, it didn't cause Palpatine to be a cackling madman.

People do still have choices. It's not like the Force is actively affecting every single decision every single person makes every single day.

So how is Destiny? That tutorial has me intrigued.

no idea, not out yet. from the game I watched, it looks pretty fun but no one has sat down and worked out the most powerful stuff. I can tell you right now that in all likelihood unless you have a way to cheat out the bigger cards, most decks aren't going to touch many cards above 3. 4 and 5 drops just take too long to get to, and your opponent can punish you too hard for going for them.

>Incom-Seinar QIE-X
>never

Everything about this cracks me up. Especially because Priapulins don't have feet, per say.

This is a really dumb question.

But can you do Heroes vs Heroes or Villains vs Villains in Destiny?

How good are the various RPG supplements? I love Stay on Target, because of how much it opens up for Rogue Squadron style adventures, but how is Forged in Battle and Desperate Allies? And how are the Force and Destiny supplements? I honestly don't see how well they would work, given how comparatively tight the careers are in FaD.

SWN?

I want to see the Grand Tour intro recreated with Baron Fel getting into an X_Wing instead of Clarkson into a Mustang.

Fairly happy with most of them and their content and PC's tend to slobber all over them like fat chicks on a chocolate cake, I tend to get a lot more use out of the region books though.
The additional careers tend to be fine, some of the gear you want to check before cutting it loose. Overall though they just sort of fill out a lot of the SW Galaxy a bit more and that is a lot to fill out so every bit of modern material helps.
Still tend to go digging through the D6, D20/Saga stuff for the more esoteric info though. Wookiepedia is also a great resource for that too

I shudder at how accurately they predicted Kotaku.

I don't watch Rebels at all. How's Thrawn?

There is apparently a Pazaak game for phones, but the issue is the stasis field is face-up only and seems to only fit two cards.

Very nice.

Surprisingly fairly close to the guy we know from the books

Basically the stuff in Rebels that wasn't created for Rebels is good, and the best stuff in the show

So the question on everyone's mind.
How will heroes of the resistance effect HotAC?
Me Han doesn't work. Jess will be the biggest impact in large teams.

I don't see why not, the restrictions are just on you building a deck, right? The game is just sold as Heroes vs Villains, but you couldn't guarantee that in a tournament setting.

I mean in Star Wars X-Wing, Armada and the LCG you have that restriction right?

You can. And it's not that silly of a question - it's even in the FAQ of the rulebook:

>Can I play with my friend if we are both using villain (or hero) decks?
>Yes. You can play against anyone, regardless of what affiliation their deck is. You could even use the same characters they are using!

Page 21: images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/77/43/7743cdd8-51f8-4ec1-9f2d-8d731a900751/swd_rules_referencecompressed.pdf

>Grinkie
>Kanan
>Chopper
>All the Imperial Waifus
user pls

> Star Wars X-Wing

Oh no, you can totally have matches with the same faction in X-Wing. Nothing is more entertaining than watching two flavors of Palp Aces try and out Palp Ace the other guy.

I don't know about Armada or the LCG, so I can't comment. Armada is more objective based though, so I could see why the strict opposition is required. But all I've seen out of Destiny is that you don't necessarily have to play heroes v villains. Hell, Finn's whole schtick is you can also include certain Villain cards in your deck with him on your list.

I'll give you Kanan & Chopper, and I'll add the Shadow Caster because I've got a fetish for heavy fighters.

>>Chopper
Chopper is the original version of R2-D2.

So like everything else in Rebels.

Pretty much!

Hrm, I wanna see an se-14 model with a little stock like this, It would just be cute.

Alright, thanks for the answers.

Did R2 originally have autism too?

I also wonder if a firing se14 prop could be made, cutting down the Rexim-Favor so badly would eliminate what LOOKS LIKE a gas return so you'd get at most one shot. Or maybe it's not gas.

So has anyone played Star Trek Attack wing? The models look like ass and the scaling is all wrong... It looks like a cheap X-Wing knock off.

Oh that's not a gas pipe at all it's a spike bayonet.

I'm about 99% certain that it's a straight blowback gun. I've seen some pretty damn cut down smith 76s, so if you left even like three or four inches of barrel it would probably work

I don't think that this has any barrel left (And is just a plastic/rubber chunk from the look of things)

I refuse to touch it because of the scaling.

I'm aware that the prop doesn't. I was just suggesting that you could do a pretty short barrel if you were building a shooting prop

I believe the Rexim was actually a SW prop gun at some point for the stormies in Ep4, not entirely sure if it actually made it into any final cuts though.

Nope, just the promotional material. It almost certainly WILL be in Rogue One as a sidearm though.

Cool, I dunno if they ever made many of the Favor's. They bayonet seems to almost suggest they wanted to sell it to South Americans where they stuck bayonets on everything :)

Would love to see a star citizen style star wars game set in maybe the original trilogy timeline or maybe in the new movies.

It's literally all there for the game to succeed.
>Will never be a bounty hunter going on some station to haul out some smuggler scum
>Will never be the captain of a star destroyer pulling thrawn level bullshit along with your best buds

Why even live?

>Cool, I dunno if they ever made many of the Favor's
it was pretty limited. they were looking for a big contract that never materialized, and I think they only made the one run, which was sold off IIRC to a bunch of police departments (and prop houses, of course)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexim-Favor
>Similar versions of the prop later made their way into the film itself, being wielded by Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba in the Cantina scene.

A Hex and chit games magazine in the style of S&T/Modern War to simulate military campaigns throughout galactic history.

Derp that's true I'm retarded.

What WOULD a little machine Pistol-to-PDW stock like that DO anyway? (For FFG rules)

good question, because it's not like their equipment chapter crew actually understand something as complicated as recoil, let alone the actual utility of a stock in aiming.
maybe it lets you ignore one black dice when shooting using the stock?

Just a few things I can think of if it was transposed to FFG rules-

>Stock extended
Increase Encumbrance by 1
Increase Range by 1 band

>Stock collapsed
Decrease Encumbrance by 1

Reason being that they where more there for accuracy at longer ranges than you'd normally plink away with, rather than controllability during automatic fire.
The stock helps, but on something like a submachinegun or PDW, they're generally better weighted towards automatic, heavier and mechanically suited to doing that. Pistols tend to run very hot and don't weigh very much so they're never ideal for pretending to be a machinegun, but if you really need to suppress and enemy to keep them behind cover, or hose down a small room at close range its gunna be unhappy times for all concerned.

has FFG said anything about adding clone wars ships to X-wing and/or armada? Seems like a obvious thing to do

>clone wars ships
Aside from the ARC-170, you mean?

precisely

As the other user has said equipment is a bit iffy, I'd actually go so far as to automatically assume the weapons and armour are strictly off limits simply because a lot of them are just core weapons with an adjustment already added. Between that and price balance it's only really worth adding them if they fulfil a thematic purpose (like the Hutt shell armour) though that's obviously a fairly extreme stance and not for everyone.

The later career books (so not dangerous covenants) also add nice rules about how to spend advantage/threat in various situations not covered in the core rulebook. As you know Stay on Target has rules for asteroid fields and the like but the sentinel book for FaD does the same for heavy traffic, foot pursuits and other urban complications. The soldier book for AoR adds rules for making and using fortifications, the diplomat book and EotE's Colonist book add rules for having a home base, Special Modifications and the Guardian book have crafting rules. Obviously these are all really good and they also have useful GM advice like how to run certain types of adventure, how to reward players with things unique to them and exactly how much a character should be paid for their job (very simple, helpful guidelines on the player's cut in the smuggler book for example).

They have expressly said the will not do clone wars factions, but that does not preclude clone wars era ships ending up in the game - doubly proven that both wave 5 ships are straight from CW.

As an Imperial player I am saddened that rebels are more likely to get the CIS surplus while I'll get stuck with the Venator.

I would actually be so hype for a new X Wing Core Set for Clone Wars era (Call it say, Jedi Starfighter rather than X-Wing). You could pitch it like Warmachine/Hordes. Each game is a standalone experience but they're completely compatible with one another. New Galactic Republic and Separatist factions, new rules for Force Sensitive pilots.

I would include a single blue 'Force' dice. Force Sensitive pilots would throw it with any attack or defence they made. It would have a couple of focus results and a special 'Force' icon. The force icon would be treated as focus but then you could have abilities trigger off it. Like say, Mace Windu's pilot ability might be "Once per round, when you roll Force, you may perform a primary weapon attack." Or Count Dooku crew could be "Whenever an enemy ship rolls Force, assign that ship a stress token."

Then you get to do elite talents that are restricted to force sensitive pilots only and neat things like that.

I would buy in so fast to a Jedi Starfighter vs 2 Vulture Droids core set.

As an imperial player I'm pissed that the Rebels are getting republic ships at all. Arcs should still be more common in the empire.

I'm also pissed they get a TIE fighter, are they already out of ideas for them?

>I'm also pissed they get a TIE fighter
It should have been a goddamn Interceptor. Lieutenant Kettch when, FFG?

Pls no
Just give rebels actual rebel ships

I'm pretty shocked the B-Wing Transport from TFA hasn't made it in for Rebels yet. Though with the U-Wing coming out and the HWK-290 already in it'll need to have its own niche.

Pls yes, even if it's just Kettch. Interceptor Wedge would be fun as hell.

Fucking no unless you get us some imperial xwings for fairness

Jess is a great early ability, Snap would be useful on ships without engine upgrade, Nien is boss on damn near anything, Rey is godtier on an arc-locked ship (or an ARC), nuChewie is bad, nuHan might need tweaking to work.

I wouldn't be against that. Prototype T-65s in Imp colors would be pretty cool. It would sort of be like F-15s and F-16s flying with Russian paint jobs.

>'fairness' over fluff
Rebels stole and used a lot of imperial equipment throughout the fluff.
Imps had the mass manufacturing capability, so they made their own ships. Mainly TIEs.

Yes pls

Does anyone remember the gentleman who was putting quite a bit of time into CIS and Republic factions?

He had his own webpage, whatever happened to him?

Murdered by a Disney assassin

I think being banned from the official forms killed motivation