So I'm going to be playing DnD for the first time and I made my first Character, how'd I do?

So I'm going to be playing DnD for the first time and I made my first Character, how'd I do?
Note: It's DnD 3.5e, and the DM wants us to use pathfinder feats with our characters.

Name: Bob Fast
Class: Swiftblade, variant
Race: Quickling
Alignment: Neutral Good
Stats
Strength: 12
Intellect: 12
Dexterity: 17
Wisdom: 12
Constitution: 8
Charisma: 16
HP: 4
Base Speed: 55 feet a turn
Feat: Run (Pathfinder feat which allows multiple bonuses, but at it's core let's me run 4-5 times base speed when running, meaning that when running I'd be going at about 275 feet a turn.)
Items: I don't know, but I rolled 210 gold, which is nice.

My goal was to make a character that was as fast as I could make it, how'd I do?
BTW, if some of the stats seem wrong, that's because the DM nerfed this character because it was a little OP if we just went by the books, which makes sense to me. If you want to know more about the character I'll tell you what I can. Pic related is a quickling, though obviously drawn as a monster rather than a PC.

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Swiftblade,_Variant_(3.5e_Class)
dandwiki.com/wiki/Quicklings_(3.5e_Race)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Class
>Swiftblade

Also you move more than 55 per turn

I know, I said it got nerfed.
DM took one look at where it said 80 and just went "No, that's getting nerfed."

Swiftblade is not a class, is a Prestigue Class which you of course can't take at 1st level.

Also
>Nerfing speed
What's next, nerfing monks?

>DM wants to run 3.x
At what point did you not realize the DM is retarded?

Huh, we used the wiki page, and it didn't say anything about prestige, fuck.
I guess he just didn't want me to be too stronk.
From what he said, one of the players in the session decided to try using a race meant for boss monsters which he had to nerf too.

>So I'm going to be playing DnD for the first time
nigga i dont know shit about whats going on

>wiki page
DnDwiki? that shit is all homebrew untested non official bullshit.

Your game sounds like shit since minute 1. As for nerfing speed, my 9th level char in PF has a speed of 140 ft (if he runs 560 ft) and it literally means shit, sure, flavourful as fuck, I'm fast, but mechanically wise it doesn't give you any benefit unless you want to flee, and casters do it better with teleports that allow them to move hundreds of km, if your GM wants to nerf speed he clearly doesn't know what he's playing, that would be like banning red shoes on the olympics instead of drugs

well fuck
doesn't matter, ill try to have fun anyway

>you're only allowed to play the way I say you should play: the post
wew lad

Yeah, hope you'll have fun, but if the GM is nerfing speed (srly, who nerfs speed??) chances are you won't.

At least is he giving you something for that speed that he's removing?

Holy shit OP, stay away from this game

Find a new DM ASAP. If this is your first time playing a TTRPG, this awful experience is likely going to scar you for life and leave you disinterested forever.

Your DM is giving off red flags equivalent to a man wearing tattered clothes smelling like crack, piss, and liquor and fidgeting asking if you have any money and telling you to follow him to the underpass

You don't belong here

Nice construct made of straws you did there, artificer, lets hope there isn't a scout with swift hunter around.

nope
just plain nerf, because my character was too op I guess. in the end it's to keep everyone equal though
This is the only group in this town, and I don't know anyone well enough in other towns.
I live in the country btw
fuk u

Do you have a link to the class to see how "OP" is?

Class: dandwiki.com/wiki/Swiftblade,_Variant_(3.5e_Class)
Race: dandwiki.com/wiki/Quicklings_(3.5e_Race)
We're going by the wiki, so this is an accurate depiction of what my char would be like.

>LA+7

i dont know what that means

Ah, level adjustment of +7, is that good/bad or something?

Level adjustment
Humans have LA+0, at level 1 they count as a level 1 character, you, at level 1 will count as a level 8 creature and will level up SLOW AS FUCK

This assuming the rest of the group doesn't start at level 8 will you're a level 1 to "balance" effective levels

This thread is hilarious so far, I hope it isn't just bait.

It means you should be 7 levels behind the rest of the party because you took a strong race. It's awful most of the time.

nah m8, just don't know what the fuck I'm doing
So basically level adjustment is a sort of nerf in and of itself?

This, LA is never worth shit.

So it's basically a shitty nerf that doesn't work that well?
Well I think maybe the reason he was nerfing my char was so I wouldn't need a LA of +7?

Is made to "balance" strong races, for example humans get jack shit to their stats, you get (from what I'm seeing) −2 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma on top of other stuff.

basically look at it like this, a lv1 human starts with a +2 to any attribute he wishes

quicklings have -2str +8dex +2chr +2int I think
imagine how much stronger a lv 1 quickling is than a lv 1 human.

so a lv 1 quickling effectively counts as a lv 8 human, however a lv 8 human is much more powerful usually so lol

Ah, so it basically says that my race is equivalent to a level 7 human.
Does that make all the nerfs make more sense?

Does your GM know what he's doing? Because it doesn't sound like it and this looks like it's gonna be a trainwreck and a half.

What nerfs? the only nerft I saw was speed and no, +8 to Dex is nowhere near similar to +25 ft speed

If you ask me I'll always prefer a bonus to stats than a bonus to speed, always

Yeah he's GM'd before. People said he was pretty good, i dunno.
I'm not going to get to use a lot of the abilities that come with the race/class, and the ones I do get to use get nerfed in some way. Like an ability called Extremespeed. From the wiki:
"Extremespeed (Su): At level 1, the Swiftblade can take a full-round action to instantaneously move at their current Land speed in a straight line, making attack rolls on each creature in the squares she passes through. Any extra attacks (i.e. flurry of blows, off-hand attack, or high base attack bonus) are also done. These attacks count as if the target(s) were flanked and have a bonus to the attack roll(s) equal to half the Swiftblade's level (rounded down). Extremespeed only provokes an Attack of Opportunity for enemies if the Swiftblade was in range at the end of the ability."
I don't get to have Extremespeed.

>however a lv 8 human is much more powerful usually so lol
That's because LA is shit

My group gives you your LA in racial dice (lower than classes most of the time), racial BaB (low and at best medium), racial saves (two bad one good) and racial skill ranks (2 skill ranks most of the time) so what you lose is class levels and its features but at least you don't die of one hit and can do stuff.

A 7th level Magus has a spell that basically does that but better, because you're a Magus and your attacks deal way more damage that what your class gets.

But it's at level one, and relies on base speed, which I would have a lot of (If it wasn't nerfed.)
Also Evasion was getting nerfed, though I'm not sure in what way (He didn't say.)

Actually, now I'm a little pissy, since that's the main reason I wanted high base speed, was because then I could do something like this and it would work really well, but nope, fuck me amirite? Dammit, I was happy to finally be playing DnD for the first time soon, and now you guys have got me all pissy and angry about this. dammit

>Evasion
>Nerfed
What? that feature is in rogues, monks and lots of other classes, do your DM actually played this game before? or is he just nerfing stuff randomly using ask the 8 ball?

By level 1 you can only do it one time a day, is ok, might seem powerful but really isn't, by the time you can do it 2 times per day the Magus does it whatever times he wants and deals more damage so his "extreme speed" is way more effective than yours.

You'll deal like 1d6+5 in a straight line? woopidy doo, that's literally nothing, Magus will deal something double or triple that in his worst day.

Aren't you just mad because you realized your concept got screwed by nerfing?

What are the other players playing? maybe, I doubt it though, your GM nerfed everybody to a point you all have similar powerlevel.

The only thing actually good that I see on your class is fly speed, grab a glaive or another weapon with reach and poke people from the relative security of being above.

i dunno, i hope it all works out
and yeah i guess it isn't too op
yeah pretty much
I just wanted a fast character based on high speed low health and avoiding hits rather than tanking them, but i guess the GM didn't want that, so now I'm stuck with a shitty version of a fighter or something.

>You'll deal like 1d6+5 in a straight line?
Meanwhile dragonfire adepts deal 2d6 in a straight like AT WILL, +1d6 every odd level

Well there's a gnome magician/psychic thing, who also has 4 health, and has a high strength and charisma. There's an iron golem I don't know much about other than it's getting hardcore nerfed due to the OP race it is, and the player who plays it is a massive "That guy"
That's all I know, the campaigns in the early stages.

Talk to your GM about nerfing things which aren't at the core of your character concept. Though, really, the only winning move in D&D is not playing at all.

>2 players with 4 HP PCs at level 1
You're all dead, no, really, you're dead, any monster ever deals more than that with any attack

Maybe I will, but He has my char sheet, and I' feel kind of guilty if I fucked him over.
He's married to my sister, and he and I are close, so I'd rather not be mean to him over something so minor.

This, take into account that nomatter your AC you'll get hit from time to time, and with 4 HPs that means death 100% sure.

You're telling me, I had to reroll because my first Constitution roll gave me negative HP. We're kind of fucked, but he did say if I'm too weak he'll buff me to make it more fair.

Play along, but don't have many hopes. Give him 3 sessions, that's what I do, unless they fuck up badly in the 1st one.

Ok, sounds good.