/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

Remember, No Xenos Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

Has your party found any interesting pieces of loot? What's the greatest discovery / loot you have found?

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/13Qv-vFpEhn-5WQM-qXC97XQ2UGuL1yUwAc-g898t1sM/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still think tanks are too difficult to hurt.

Besides, russ on russ combat would only happen if you're fighting traitor forces. Compare the battlecannon against ork, eldar, and chaos vehicles.

So what you're telling me is the vehicles the player uses are purposefully stronger than the vehicles an enemy is expected to use, because protagonist power?

Transport's the most obvious to me. While SM generally have enough ships to get them wherever they need to be, it's entirely possible for their craft to be damaged/lost/etc, or for lone space marines to need to be transported somewhere which would not justify dispatching a whole craft.
For example, a senior officer might be needed back on the homeworld to attend some matter of import, or be needed to adjudicate some dispute between the chapter and another organization. Hitching a ride with a Rogue Trader is something the Chapter would appreciate, perhaps not enough to offer significant service but enough to have a good opinion of the Rogues in question.
Another option is turning over information about newly discovered worlds that could be used as a recruiting ground, or xeno worlds that would be a good target for attack to bring prestige to a chapter.

>Has your party found any interesting pieces of loot? What's the greatest discovery / loot you have found?

The double-headed Chainaxe of a random enemy from a Black Crusade adventure book eventually became my Chem-hunter's Legacy weapon, and in the end, among other things slayed a giant mecha-dragon it barely could scratch as well as a Thunderhawk's worth of Space Marines.

During a mission to recover some STC fragments, the Ordo Chronos Inquisitor told everyone to look for a burnished white arms locker during their mission, and said they could keep whatever is inside because it could be helpful to them. The Inquisitor only wanted the two STC patterns, and didn't care for much else.

Well, after they give the Inquisitor the two STC patterns, the Techmarine takes the box and leaves it with the Inquisitor too, because he forgot he could keep it.

Oh well.

So what was in the box?

He never even bothered to open it, so they have no idea. That's the best part.

Are they spending time in the pain glove for forgetting about it?

Nah. Though that box will never show up for them again, it won't be the last time it appears for the future.

But what if they ask for what was in the box?

If by "Pain Glove" you mean "burlap sack" and "Spending time in it" you mean "Getting beaten with sticks while tied up inside the sack", then...get in the fucking sack

>Has your party found any interesting pieces of loot? What's the greatest discovery / loot you have found?
After rumbling with an Eldar Warlock we managed to get a Singing Spear, but everyone botched their knowledge Xenos rolls and we just figured it was a pimping power spear. So it ended up with our feudal worlder Arch-Militant who used it in combination with a Stormshield to do a one man phalanx kind of thing.

It can't be helped. There are some mysteries the galaxy holds onto tightly.

It was something cool, too.

Reiterating a request from last thread: please give me your homegrown Guard units, crunch and fluff, particularly in PDF format if at all possible. I'm saving regiments to use in an evolving series of Only War games. Thank you very much.

I calculated the loot from an "optimal" play-through of Lure of the Expanse. It goes as follows:
-Net gain of 36 profit factor
-One battleship, repairs in progress
-Ten pieces of unique archaeotech
-Three destroyers
-Whatever ships and loot you can wrest off of the corpses of rival Rogue Traders and those of their crews
-A Best-quality Witch Blade that a human psyker's actually capable of attuning to
-A pet Eldar psychic cat

I'm trying to write a light infantry Regiment, adept at fighting in broken terrain and acting as scout/snipers, flankers, and occasional special operators. They have the long-las and lascannon as their favored weapons, and use a lot of stealth kit.

I'm having a bit of a problem, though. At the moment they seem like a poor man's Tanith First & Only. Does anyone have any idea on how I can make them feel a bit more unique? Their world is very forested and mountainous, kind of like Endor but with more PNW.

Have you tried Maori inspired stuff?

I'd give you what I have but it's mostly in my head. My only truly clever one is the 1st Ledan Nocturnal Droptroops "The Black Swans."

Hit me up, user.

What if I want to play as a Bloodthirster?

No.

Are they even statted?

At least 3 times.

Post them.

Do the work yourself.

Fuck you, I'm not taking 10 minutes out of my day to search the books and Frankenstein a jpg out of screenshots. The books are in the Mega, do it yourself or give me a reason to do it for you. I have valuable wasting-my-existence work to do.

It's approximately
BS 1
WS 800
S 80 (16)
T 80 (16)
Agi 50
Mental Stats: Mid to Low

Skills: General Daemon Shit, Dodge & Parry +50
Talents: All the close combat ones and one where you can't parry or dodge
Traits: Daemonic (8), bunch of blood related shit

Armour: 50
Wounds: 800

Axe of Blood: 3D10+28 Pen 10, Razor Sharp, Warp Weapon, Tearing, Power Field, Daemonic.
Blood of Whip: 2D10+8 Range 30. Warp Weapon, Tearing, Melta, Overheats, VLS, Maximal.

>WS 800
Wait, what?

Are there bonuses for having stats higher than 100? Wouldn't he still fail rolls of 100?

>tfw no way to combine offence, defence, agility, finesse, strength, toughness and weapon skill

I mean, ask your GM. If I were your GM, I'd go "Sure thing, user, those are now your Aptitudes, have fun." And then the game would naturally enter into social and economic challenges and combat with people holding guns and using suppressive fire, and you would be having a very bad time. I'm not even being passive-aggressive here, a mono-combat build always ends up as boring and annoying the second it runs into things outside its comfort zone.

So my DM's been working on a bunch of background packages for DH2, based on bits and pieces of things from the DH1 lore. Would anyone mind having a look, giving their opinion, pointing out if any of them look overpowered or underwhelming?

Go ahead and post it in PDF form, fag, we'll give you feedback. You might not like it, but we'll sure as hell give it.

Is a Gdoc fine?

Has anyone ever played a Ravenwing Veteran in Deathwatch? I'm tempted but it seems like I might not get a chance to do cool motorcycle stuff.

Shit, forgot the link. docs.google.com/document/d/13Qv-vFpEhn-5WQM-qXC97XQ2UGuL1yUwAc-g898t1sM/edit

Once, a player found an archeotech melta-shotgun. It was an ornate, bespoke hunting shotgun in an over/under configuration with the top barrel being an accurate, long ranged shotgun with a fairly long range and the bottom barrel being a razor sharp meltagun. He called it the Tank Fucker.

I've honestly had fun doing last ditch attempts at things that REALLY weren't my characters forte, just to play out how horribly my glorified combat servitor failed at social encounters with his 15ish fellowship.

Then every once in a while, you somehow succeed some forbidden lore out of the blue, and you suddenly end up with something like "I might not know a lot of things, but that's heresy."

Besides, that's only 6 out of an average of 7 aptitudes, so if the last one is fieldcraft or some shit, you could be looking at a sick infiltrator, a decent survivalist and not a bad watch dog either, plus there's also intimidation.

>Nunitorium officer background bonus
Does he know what Inquiry does?

>Veteran of the spinward front
Why is one of the options for the bonus against other Imperial Guard?

>Severan Dominate Secessionist
>That background bonus
Look at me, I invalidate most other social-focused character.

A lot of these 'substitute x bonus for degrees of success' and are a bit much without a fate point expenditure to limit it.

Melee oriented mutant assassin.

Unnatural strength, toughness or agility? Do I get that one extra damage, that bit extra bit of protection or just double down on going fast? 45 agility so far, another 250 experience away from 50 agility.

I'm seriously thinking about just going fast.

Gofast helps a lot, especially when dodging semi/full auto fire and blasts.

Dark age of technology-era Universe class mass conveyor loaded with ten millennia expired foodstuffs that would probably be worth more than the fleet that will guard this one-ship convoy.

A Ramillies class fortress that had a ship yard that can produce a raider in less than a month. The only design it can manufacture currently are Iconoclast destroyers.

Has GW revoked the IP rights from FFG effectively killing the WH 40k RPG?

And on this note, what works best for specialization? This picture seems to indicate assault.

Yes.

Well, balls.

Can we put the answer to this question in the OP?

Should also put a 'read the books before asking a question' line.

If we add enough nobody will ever have to even post here again. Seriously though, anybody got any cool syories from their games recently? Those are always fun.