>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Penitent
frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/war-zone-fenris-wrath-of-magnus-review-dataslates-and-special-rules/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tell us what's coming sooner

>this is taking too long to come out

Pick one.

1st for the greater good

Anyone know a good Dark Angels killteam without bikes? I hate bikes.

I am working on a Militarum Tempestus army and was wondering how you'd build your army 500 points to go up against a Necron force made up mostly of warriors and immortals.

>Wrath of Magnus is taking too fucking long edition

My blue balls are turning to dust.

Nth for disturbing BA successors with cool if retardedly hard to paint color scheme.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Penitent

I don't understand. It's coming out in a week. Is this some sort of new trolling?

Whoops, didn't mean to link your post.

He's annoyed that he's known this is coming for weeks, but can't have it now.

He's too used to old GW's way of only announcing things a week out.

what are the rules for the new tzaangors?

will they just be cultists?

No trolling this is just the sound of every chaos players hopes resounding in the empty hallway

It's also already up for pre-order on the NZ site, and soon to be up for every other country as well.

I get it's hard to wait, but honestly they've been giving us a lot of info in the mean time with that new community site. I especially loved the bit they did on the new Ahriman model.

Any 30k links? i'm thinking about starting a Solar Auxilia army

I just hope they stop fucking whining. But, I know they'll find something to whine about, like their regular bolters not being SD AP1 Shred, Twinlinked, Armorbane, Fleshbane, Melta, Lance.

Shameful display, you know what you have to do now.

Try the horus heresy general

Probably distinctly different, probably more melee based and durable to a slight degree. Cultists would be cheap fodder and I suspect Tzaangors would be fodder+ in melee flavor.

Here

Thanks, Khorne.

My 1850pt Tau army.
Too cheese?
Not enough cheese?

Why has nobody posted the ending ffs. Douche nossle was passing it out on B&C so why isnt it here yet?

thx user

Most definitely, but we have to ask ourselves "What makes Rubrics shit?" in the current game: Expensive, mandatory and useless sorcerer and one-trick-pony expensive marines.

30 points to shorten range to an 8" template in exchange for Ignores Cover might not be ideal. 48 points for a big fucking gun maybe will though, it's a good gun on a survivable unit. The sorcerer will make or break the Rubric marine squads. If they're still shit, the army collapses. It's back to the "Sure they can be good but only in certain situations and 99% of the time they're too expensive either way" argument.

I remain eager, though. It's still better having some special rules that single my dudes out as Thousand Sons instead of "Generic CSM with MoT"

Asked him, waiting on a reply.

Where were you when Castro was kill, Veeky Forums?

Agreed. Driving me nuts that he just gave out 9/10ths and stopped there.

He's offline now. PM that other guy teutonicavenger on page 59.

>It's still better having some special rules that single my dudes out as Thousand Sons instead of "Generic CSM with MoT"
This is legit my biggest gripe about the cult units, in that they always just felt like a name slapped with the mark of a god onto them.

The fluff for Thousand Sons was always great but their crunch really made it painful for people to make an army out of them. I always saw people getting the models and having to run them as regular old Chaos Space Marines.

Forgot the pic.

I meant more than just them. It was a pocket. Lots of countries didn't want to risk it. India, for example, didn't dismiss either side and only became slightly pro-West due to China shit.

Though Wargame video game disagrees, saying that India would, in this theoretical war, have sided with USSR.

apology for poor english

i was sat at home painting dark eldors venim

"castro is kill"

"no"

He's online on Dakka. Don't have a B&C account.

Nice work mang, appreciate it. When he gets back to you remember to use ctrl-s to spoiler for the richfags.

Talking about my groups narrative

Working on a film set with Rosamund Pike and Xaro Xhoan Daxos from GoT.

Reposting this from previous thread to maybe get some (you)s and help me make sense of it. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I'm not entirely sold on the Detachment bonus nor the big formation bonuses we heard about, honestly.

I am still hyped, but I'm just sceptical. The units still appear to be ridiculously expensive and that's fair considering AP3 standard armywide, but holy shit that's going to be even less models than I field right now and I run maybe 28 models, vehicles included? This "need max units to get re-rollable" will almost never be used below 3-4K games which really isn't standard. I'd have preferred something less good but is useful for the general 1.5-2K game range. Current Rubrics are considered utter shit at 23ppm. New ones are going to be even more expensive.

And we still don't know what the fuck is up with the Aspiring Sorcerers. The current ones blow donkey dick and you actually use them as an extra wound for your current rubrics. You never want to be casting with them for fear of perilsing off 57 point model.

And everybody keeps forgetting the big issue here: You still have to roll for powers. You might not get blessings or at least useful ones you want to be casting on them to get that better invuln in the first place.

But we don't know a lot of information yet, so I reserve judgment.

Yeah, his account shows as online, but he hasn't posted in over an hour and hasn't replied to me, so I guess he's not active right now.

Someone message the guy on B&C.

Huh, so that flaming icon of Tzeentch is a separate piece. I kind of assumed it was a head with it attached onto the crest, but is it is actually a different part.

That's actually really neat, since it means it could be used for other shit without slicing it off a rubric's head.

Any chance you could ask the specifics of what is needed for each formation?

>$400 for the limited edition books

How much is that in real money? Because fuck.

120 pounds, 200$, 155 Euro, 240 Canadabucks.

I'm being more or less guilted into buying a Prospero set, but I don't currently play Marines.

What should I do?

I'm a huge thousand sons fan, though. Would anyone object to them being used as the new thousand sons? I already have an old tzeentch daemons army anyway.

Still a lot for books... but better to get now I suppose than having to get 8 different books with all the new shit in them later.

Do we have an ETA on when preorders will be available?

How far do you guys take the your dudes thing? Do you come up with a name for you force and think of a backstory or do you just come up with a reason why they're fighting whoever they're fighting at the moment and move on?

10 gmt in my country

All of the above

>tfw the thing that pisses me off the most about having to wait another week for WoM to drop is that I won't be able to read the fluff for the six warbands they list as existing in the book, so I can't create a suitable background for my dudes yet

ffffffffffff

Post KdK warbands.

That's Britbongland right? What about for your buddies across the pond? Where might I find this information?

Dang it, why can't we get CSM models that look like that?

its the opposite of cheese, that list will get dumpstered pretty fast

9 units, only 2 obsec which need to foot slog, no MC at all, darkstrider is tied up in a 5+ armor save unit which can only ID T4

pathfinders being in 2 large units instead of 3 smaller ones means your markerlights cant be spread out

its also not a legal list, you cant buy 8x haywire grenades for 10x pathfinders, you have to buy them for all pathfinders or none of them, there isnt an inbetween

making 3x units of 5x pathfinders and getting rid of darkstrider would be a decent idea, the grav inhib combo with him is neat, but he's going to get shredded by standard fire regardless

using the spare points to get a 3rd hammerhead in that unit makes a fire team, which makes them BS5 natural and BS6 for longstrike, then you can give longstrike an ion cannon for BS6 reduction on scatter and rerollable gets hot

It's still very far removed from a cheesy list due to no formations whatsoever, people will still call this cheese if they lose to it, because of that miniature fusionblaster deathstar with stealth and shrouded

Because you touch yourself at night.

nah i'm in lelgium so gmt+1
stuff goes up for pre order at 11 here
no idea where you could find out for your country i'm afraid

Well thanks anyway foreignanon.
There's gotta be someone else from McDonaldsland who knows. I'm afraid to go to bed for fear that the orders for the special edition shit will be gone.

I do.

My Tzeentch daemons lead by a power mad Herald calling himself The Great Squiggle who thinks he has far more power than he actually does. However, his followers are many because his followers don't know that. Meanwhile, the Changeling finds it hilarious and often helps out by fueling his cults that have sprung up thinking they're to receive some of his power. Even some traitor warbands believe they too can use the gifts of the Squiggle.

My Sisters are an a subsect of the Argent Shroud called the Martyred Shroud after their Canoness was martyred during the Cleansing of Avex Utarius in which she held off a Hive Tyrant in single combat long enough for her sisters to sweep the area in cleansing fire. Upon her death, her Seraphim honor guard burned the beast to ash in holy fury.

So TS invaded Fenris with Magnus himself and we're about to find out how it ends?

Couple questions:
Who's died so far?
Why is Magnus doing this?
How the fuck did Magnus get brought into realspace?
Are the wolves fucked?

I'm trying to think of a colorscheme for mine. Fluff-wise, they'd be red/black with brass trim, with Characters having extra black on their armor, and the Chaos Lord in all black, as well as lesser daemons having hints of black with red skin, and Greater Daemons completely black.

But then I realized that would mean both my Lord and Characters looking like Black Legion.

An user suggested inverting it, with mostly black and more important members having all red, but I dunno.

>A Hive Tyrant dying to flamers
lol

And fluff-wise, even more lol, considering the large Tyranids have so much tyrgel contained in carapace cysts they are basically fireproof.

>Who's died so far?

Nobody named.

>Why is Magnus doing this?

Maybe he's still a little miffed about getting broken in half over Leman Russ' knee and having his home world burned by the Space Wolves.

>How the fuck did Magnus get brought into realspace?

I guess the same way any other Daemon Prince gets back into realspace?

>Are the wolves fucked?

One can only hope.

I'm sure your homebrew fluff is x10000000 times better

They are your dudes, user.

It is, since it doesn't rely on shitting all over another Faction's fluff to prop itself up.

Hey, it is based on a game that happened all the back in 4th, man. My canoness was rocking a 2++ save that she could keep up constantly because the rest of my army didn't need faith points. Long story short, she separated from the Seraphim and slammed into a Tyrant with her Evicerator and duked it out for 3 turns until I failed my second save (we only had a single EW wound back then).

I know. I just don't know what to do with them. They might just sit unopened for awhile because I have a huge backlog.

Quit flogging your BnC Liber-reject fanfic, user. No one cares.

Put up or shut up.

Also, Sisters characters have done crazy stuff in fluff already, like Celestine murdering a Daemon Prince. In this case, the character might as well have been a Saint, and by fluff would be since most are named as such post death. I can't even use her anymore because canonesses don't have access to jump packs anymore, so it all works out.

>Why is Magnus doing this?
Knowing what fuck ups he and his legion are he was probably trying to make amends to the imperium and become a loyalist legion again and accidentally ended up declaring war on Fenris instead.

Nobody who counts
Because he wants to give SW the Ol' BoP
Warp bullshit
They might lose a named character or two but I'm thinking other SW members will just step up to "named character" tier as a result.

I think the objection was the Tyrant dying to flamers afterwards, not the fight.

How do we know Magnus knows 15 powers?

I know what you mean, I was really excited for them since their models are amazing but the more and more I read I feel like the only unit truly worth bringing will be Magnus and if he ends up being too powerful I feel like I'm going to end up in a horrible situation where I don't want to bring him but the rest of the army relies on him to function.

The new information has kinda pushed me away a little, I'm considering going Eldar or Tzeentch Daemons instead.

Someone quick tell me. Friend wants to know

community site

>implying loyalist legions SHOULDN'T be purging the furry scum

Do we know if Magnus can be fielded in a Daemon force or is it just CSM/TS? I'd love to have him in a more Daemon focused list.

cheers

Don't forget catching Russ' spear in the eye when Ragnar threw it.

Just run him unbound. Anyone looking for a real decent game won't let you use him anyways.

Cool beans. It'd be fascinating if they finally had Logan bite it and have Ragnar take over. Cause that's been hinted at for fucking ever.

How do we know Magnus might be immune to perils?

Oh, well technically it died to not!Rending bolt pistols as well as the flamers because back then Seraphim hand flamers counted as a single normal flamer. My canoness had also dealt quite a bit of damage to it with the Evicerator.

So the fluff was more the canoness finally getting ded, the Seraphim jumping up, then essentially shooting bolter rounds and flamers into its wounds because the faith power was "Divine Guidance" and is described as "shattering armor with contemptuous ease" in the witch hunters book.

>autists who don't acknowledge official rules will sperg out if you try to use him

FTFY

Complaints will be had if the Legion rules are just repackaged Traitor's Hate relics and formations. Or we get new formations loaded to the eyeballs with tax units.
>tfw you just fucking KNOW they're going to force Obits and Mutilators onto the Iron Warriors

Yeah, I agree. I always ran the TS anyway but if all I'm going to field is a handful of new units and throw away what I have right now (cause I literally don't have the points to include them ever), the only "new unit" I'll get is better Terminator rules for my current squad. Those are all-around better in every way for TS. Same for me on Magnus. If you bring him, the rest of your army will be miniscule and fairly toothless.

Also I already have 2 squads of Rubrics, the old box gave 9 total models. You need 10 for a Soulreaper Cannon. REEEEEEEEEE

Are chaos undivided lists any good or do people tend to run mono? I've been thinking about running Tzeentch but I'd like to incorporate some of the other god's units just for the sake of diversity.

>Itching to start roughly planning TSon Army
>Even if it's just a couple merc squads for my warband
>In the fucking dark about rules
>mfw
I know that feel OP, god damn I know it.

Exact feeling man. I'm waiting for the formations to leak so I can plan. Fuckin' SOUL REAPER CANNONS MAN

Tzeentch is the current cheese (sadly), but they all have something going for them. Daemonettes and Seekers are still good, and the bloodletter bomb is funny and scary if they live (max units of Bloodleters in reserved with instruments and icons that pull each other out of reserves). Plaguebearers are still tough as shit so are their fly riders. Pretty much any of the MC HQs are good.

assuming you are talking about CSM and not CD

>berserkers
horribly overcosted. Marine statline. 1 base attack.

>Plague marines
Mediocre. They are durable, but the have just bolters.

>Noise marines
they pay 2 extra points for fealess on top of of the price of mark of slaanesh. They can pay even more points to make their bolters ignore cover. Ok I guess?

>Thousand sons
I really hope the new supplement fixes these guys, because in the base codex they are horribad. Extremely expensive marine statline with no options and an AP3 bolter.

>non god options
>cultists
never put marks on these. Whatever it is you are trying to do, it will always be better value to get more bodies instead of more upgrades for these guys.

>Possessed
I want these guys to be good. S5 is cool. You can't make them good. It isn't possible.

>Chosen
Believe it or not, in 4th ed these guys got infiltrate for free and were the same points cost. They were shit then, and they are a joke now.

>CSM
Tactical squad but without combat squads, chapter tactics, or ATSKNF. Avoid.

>Raptors
Always inferior to bikes. They can take plasma guns which is a really weird choice.

>Bikes
Probably the CSM codex's best unit. Still worse than loyalist bikes.

>in short
Undivided is better than monogod, but none of them are good.

When does the GW website usually update?

10 am for each region

Yeah I was talking about CSM, sorry if 'chaos undivided' isn't a term used for that list. Sorry! Thanks for taking time to write it up anyhow.

Is this new? frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/war-zone-fenris-wrath-of-magnus-review-dataslates-and-special-rules/

Different guy, but if they're all bad, then just pick what you want and have fun being a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

>check site
>only TS stuff

Wait, I thought the traitor legions book was coming out aswell... or is it in WoM?

Don't give a shit about TS, just want muh Word Bearers

>Heralds Anarchic: Chaos Daemons finally get their own broken psyker formation in the form of 3-9 Heralds of Tzeentch which generate one additional warp dice in each psychic phase per model on the battlefield

excuse me?

"chaos undivided" is used for CSM. I don't know if CD uses it too or not, but it is better to specify.

If you just say "Chaos" most people will assume daemons since the marines are bad

Athenaean Scrolls: If the bearer passes a psychic check with two or more of the same number on the dice, the power can’t be stopped by a Deny the Witch roll

hoooooooooooooooooooo boy