WIP

Waiting for Thousand Sons preorders edition!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Threads:
→ (Last)
→ (Before that one)
→ (... And Before That)
→ (Before *That* One)
→ (Getting Down There)

Other urls found in this thread:

acrylicosvallejo.com/es_ES/oro-liquido/familia/11
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsd1GF-yvh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

After over a year of not painting went through with my plan to strip down my entire army and redo things with my own color scheme

This is just a test model for now to see how the scheme looks and to brush up on my painting

Thoughts?

Hey /wip/, I'm thinking of painting some CSM in pic related scheme but I don't know what to use for the orange. I think Vallejo has the paints that I'll need, but I'm not too familiar with their range. Can someone recommend a base and two highlight colors?

I'm being guilted into buying a BoP box and I already have a big backlog, and my other store has a dirt cheap Calth box waiting.

Fuck me, man.

pretty ok, the red is too flat perhaps. also i hope you plan on painting the details.

oh yeah im doing the details, im just trying to decide on whether or not i like the main scheme

red will be shaded and im planning on what symbols to put on the pauldrons

Hell yeah brothar. Finished death rider, one out of 5, difficult as hell to paint

im digging the gold helmet way too much i think. its refreshing to see SM not painted in ceramic armour.

Anyone have the secret santa info? Is it too late?

lighting is a bit off, going to make a light box later

its brass scorpion actually, I think that with a heavy black wash and some silver highlights the model will look a lot better, tomorrow if i got the time ill finalize it

Anybody in Americaland have any idea when the preorders for the new stuff are going up?

Here go

Thanks

Great unclean one

I did the same i February this year brother.

Base
>Vallejo Model Color: 131 (Orange brown)

Highlight 1
>Vallejo Model Color: 022 (Light Orange)

Highlight 2
>Vallejo Model Color: 024 (Bright Orange),

so, I'm starting up a big project. I'm gonna turn all the deathwatch character from the box-set into chaos space marines, of different warbands that already exist. I've begun work on the Cassius model, and I will turn him into a Word bearer. The terminator-dude will be turned into a "Dragon Warrior" as they are quite similar to the Salamanders from the get.go.

Though, I am having some problems with the others, in term of which warbands to strive for. any tips?

Fantastic! Thanks a lot user!

That's a nice papa nito in the background

>tfw still unsure about my krieg's color scheme
>i painted at least 15 of my friend's cadians with my tests
>he now has a full squad of varied guys in cool uniforms while my kriegs are still not even primed

end my misery.

Just post pictures of your test models and we'll criticize.

>Brimstone Horrors are essentially little flames with faces
I was thinking of how I can possibly create some from scratch (thanks to the Wrath of Magnus leaks showing these things are cheap as chips Troop choices).

Silicone caulking left to cure a little bit, then molded a bit like glassblowers do it. Leave to fully cure and voila, wispy flame-like tentacle-ridden buggers with faces. Could mix in glycerin so the silicone cures throughout gradually and can even mix in some paint to make them in funky colours (half-prepainted models, woo!)

God blass the fucker that came up with metallic medium.

12 marines gotten their metallic purple basecoat in the time it normally took me to do one or two with my old technique. Some of them still might get a second coat, but hot dang i finally feel motivated to getting around to finishing my army.

Love royal purple. Is that vallejo metallic medium or another brand?

You the guy that asked for metallic medium a couple of days ago?

Glad to see it worked out for you

buy nurglings, seperate so there is 2 or 3 per base.

then chop off the horns, cut the middle bit out so theyre short spikes. glue them back on.

then greenstuff some more flames with wavy spikes.

Standard acrylic based medium doesn't work with Metallics?

There isn't metallic paint in every color

Yup that's the one.
Been a while since i've last posted, so probably wasnt me.
It's metallic medium to turn a normal acryllic paint metallic looking, not a special medium meant specifically for metallics. Don't know if that's even a thing.

That's a good idea, but I thought of the silicone so I don't have to buy any actual models and make my own for dirt cheap. How many can I reasonably make from a box of nurglings?

Metallic medium is just what the name implies, it turns normal paint metallic. Like how glaze medium makes normal paint a glaze.

heres how many is in 1 whole set.

depends how you wanna set them up i suppose.

Ooooh I'm a retard. Pretty cool though.

Hm. If I use minimum 2 per base and just set the piles on a base themselves, I'm looking at 13 and 1 extra nurgling. With a bit of careful trimming, can easily pop out maybe 4 or 5 extra bases worth. Might be looking at a possible 20-man squad actually. But I'm so shit at greenstuffing, it's ridiculous..

well, it took an entire sleepless night, but my whole dark eldar army is tournament legal for the event I'm going to in 4 hours

operation corks phase 1 complete

To make you feel a little better, there are high quality metallic paints from for example the Vallejo line, which require alcohol as a thinning medium.

acrylicosvallejo.com/es_ES/oro-liquido/familia/11

So after deciding to completely rebuild and repaint my Emperors Children, after them being in stasis sleep for 8 years.

But I felt like the Sonic Weapons look goofy as fuck and decided to fix them myself by making a copy of the Forgeworld Sonic Dreadnought's Doom Siren (so glad I never used that thing) and attaching its head to a sonic blaster.
Still very WIP, but I feel like this will look great. The small head of the Doom Siren will be perfect for the Blastmaster, but first I'll finish this one.

How did you paint the linen of the horse masks?

I've been hoping to do a colour like that on some crusaders for my SoB priest but I'm aparently too stupid to pull it off.

I'm painting up a Custodes in black. Kind of like a executioner to personally deliver the emperors judgement on someone.

What should I paint the Bolter and powered halberd head? The gold ones for reference.

Looks nice and crisp user, good work.

Purple power blade, black body with gold and silver frilly bits.

And for the dark god's sake, use glazing medium for lightning effects.

Protedesu~

Do you guys watch mini painters on twitch?

I just realized there is a whole category for this in creative. wtf.

looks pretty crisp fampai

>tfw finished all my infantry models
feels good man

Get calth, you know you want more heresy

show some discipline and deal with the backlog

seconding this.

2 generic characters and a dread make all the difference.

>I'm being guilted into buying a BoP box and I already have a big backlog, and my other store has a dirt cheap Calth box waiting.

That's what credit cards are for, user!

Any guides for painting heresy era Iron Hands?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nsd1GF-yvh4
how about this?

this works just as well for Iron Hands/Raven Guard/Dark Angels. Just dont do the Red on the kneepad.

Although paint the bolter casing light grey, or white. Because otherwise too much black.

for bare flesh, use Rakarth flesh because its more unhealthy and pale looking.

Anyone? Is it available anywhere in the states yet? I'm on the west coast and GW still doesn't have it up.

Do you have the full guide booklet?

will be up within the next few days, if its not up now, obviously.

the new tzeentch stuff should come up in an hour, usually up at 1 oclock east coast time i find

I hope so user. I might be a sucker but I really just wanna grab that special edition box. Thanks.

its just got 1 page for each legion. its a epub on my ipad, so i cant upload it as a pdf in one go.

but i can screenshot a photo of whatever legion you want.

Sons of Horus and Alpha Legion if its not to much work. Thanks!

no probs.

just warning you, i have no idea whyyyy they painted their sons of horus like this.

most people just use black, and kabalite green for the armour plates

sons of cucumber

Progress on my Ahriman. The metallic red and gold looks a lot better in person but I can't it to show up on camera. Still loads left to do and I'm not keen on the 'glowing' eyes either

All of them are kinda bright in that guide. The Alpha Legion too

can you share the Word bearers one, pretty please?

how did you get that metallic red?

Looks pretty good all around, user. Only complaint would be the eyes. The lighting effect isn't soft enough. Rather than a glow it more just looks like an unsteady hand.

Everything else though, doing good so far!

Base black, leadbelcher, pewter rub 'n' buff, carriburg crimson wash, drybrush 2nd layer of rub n buff, multiple thinned coats of tamiya clear red, 50/50 wash of lahmium medium/carriburg crimson.

A lot of effort but I like the effect it leaves. It would be a damn site easier with an airbrush!

Cheers dude. That was my thinking, I'm not really much good at osl or lighting in general really. Would it look as good if it was all gold with just normal blue eyes?

Im 4 orks away from painting my squad. Im a slow painter and it took me months.

Gonna treat myself on archaon after

basecoat is rakhart flesh, then apply agrax earthshade wash in the greases and folds, then light seraphim sepia wash, followed by highlight with screaming skull.

The thing about your glowing eyes is, the recesses need to be darker.

Looks fucking awesome!

I think I captured the techno-barbarian turned arch-miliitant look. Mind you I was working with a pre-paibted Dark Vengeance cultist I picked up in $1 dollar bin at a FLGS in Portland.

The Kroot mercenary's skin tone looks a lot better IRL in my opinion.

this is my last one for the night. i'll upload the lot into a pdf tomorrow when i have the time.

THOUSAND SONS PREORDERS ARE UP FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW!

Damn, those dice sold out quick. Less than 2 minutes. Jesus.

Ahriman costs fucking 32€..

I'm just going to get him from my chinaman for 5 canada bucks next month.

This. Kharn was already expensive with 29€ for a single character mini.

Going for the silver parts now.

Shaping up really well user, very cool.
Far above my skill level, that's certain.

Yeah they're awfully expensive. I get why they made Magnus $130, because he's a fucking giant, but even the Tzaangors are $45? Jeez.

Also what's this new Space Hulk game that's on the preorder? It looks just like the one they released earlier this year.

I think they replaced some of the genestealer minis with new ones.

its a re-release. dunno if theres anything new.

nice, please don't ruin the model by using the default head.

Is secret Santa user about?

How many people we got this year?

Nothing wrong with the head IMO.

Crotchey old man Lorgar looking 90 years old?

In the last thread he said there were about 40 so far.

I can imagine the crafty fucker giving all 40 people his address

Be inspired and be awesome to each other

tanks user

Yeah, I decided to fuck off the glowing eyes.

Psst :^)

We're at 42.

He's a bald chaos priest dudemarine, of course he looks old. What did you expect him to look like?

The books actually describe him to look like big E before he turned traitor. Handsome, golden skin because of the ink and extremely charismatic.
That changed during the Heresy ofc.

Primarchs are supposed to be beautiful and Aurelian was supposed to mirror the Emperors perfect beautiful human form / face.

They not supposed to look literally (and I literally mean literally) like a withered, sallow cheeked 90yr old man.

The sculptor was shit.