Eclipse Phase General

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q

PLAY AIDS:
things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1PNTgZhYWDfzVoHMFqjIlFguyNPQ4-2ZQVsK1STJJYf8/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=12x8EANwK-I
artstation.com/artist/gui
moonlightorange.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does anyone have *that* interview's PDF?

I need to explain to someone just how radical transhumanity gets.

Are you looking for the classic which started it all?

docs.google.com/document/d/1PNTgZhYWDfzVoHMFqjIlFguyNPQ4-2ZQVsK1STJJYf8/edit

This is the one.

I'm actually tempted to put this in my campaign as an NPC, just to torment my players with it

Question. would a character with a cyberbrain be able to set up their inputs or whatever to have a muse filter out things a character doesn't wanna see? eg. Eldritch horrors.

Maybe.
If you find a way to stop the signal from the eyes on its way to the brain and make a fork to be your muse and order to him "i don't want to see shit that can scare me!"
but he will need to erase or cover up those things and redirect the edited visual in the brain so maybe you would experience some lag in your visual perception.

Until your muse breaks.

You monster.

Yes, altering your sensory input like that is called skinning, and can be unlimited in its scope. The core book also mentions something called a killfile, which does the exact thing you talk of, except for people who are pic related. And it doesn't need a cyberbrain, just basic mesh inserts.

So I can make those face-eating, deformed exsurgents look like little magical girls (or pixelated Doom imps) to me in order to save my sanity? Wouldn't that open up certain vectors of attack, though?

Yes, obviously. It means including something that could theoretically be subverted by even non-TITAN forces. You could end up having the opposite of intended effect, and start seeing everything as an exsurgent.

or you could simply embrace the madness

>So I can make those face-eating, deformed exsurgents look like little magical girls (or pixelated Doom imps) to me in order to save my sanity?
Of course.

However, to do that you either need to be aware of them in some fashion(so by the time you get around to it the damage might be inflicted already)or have a script or AI do it for you(and these can be subverted). The impact of you not actually knowing what you're up against can also bring about some complications.

Why are the jovians generally considered the best faction?

Because Veeky Forums hates what you love and loves what you hate, and fuck you for telling them what to think - they will disregard the shit out of your premise if we can make some memes.

Because anons who got triggered by the writers' leftist bias tend to relapse into the opposite extreme in some misguided attempt to get back at them and the people who actually enjoy the setting.

>Why are the jovians generally considered the best faction?
Because they're an edgy anti-transhumanist faction in a world full of transhumanists, and Veeky Forums is mostly populated with 12-year olds.

Contrarianism mostly. Some people like them because they're more relatable than other factions. Then there's the HFY wankers.

Veeky Forums is to the gaming community what /pol/ is to Veeky Forums

Place your bets for the first faction to build an extrasolar ringworld habitat
>ultimates/rortians 2:1
>consortium 1:1
>autonomist 1:2
>morningstar/LLA 5:1
>extropian 7:1
>jove 50:1

Because they're the lewdest

I'd say Argonauts are, given they have all the super AI waifus, and bleeding edge tech.

Ultimates/Rortians

And they'll find it, rather than make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=12x8EANwK-I

The only way that they could be better as the bastion of humanity would be if they had an extrasolar colonization program. Speaking of which, if there were a Pandora Gate in Jovian orbit, where would it be?

>ringworld habitat
Those need space magic to stay together.

>Those need space magic to stay together.
>Implying there isn't space magic in the Eclipse Phase universe.

The fuck is this shit?

Fuck yes, I am thinking of running a campaign based around this premise.

I was gonna have the Pandora gate be discovered at the bottom of the sea on Europa. It would start magnificent shit.

so its not an active pandora gate?

So, if a Redline race were to be held in the Eclipse Phase universe where do you think it ought to be? The TQZ seems like the obvious choice, but doing it on an exoplanet is also pretty cool. Earth maybe? Or just do the same shit as in the movie and have it run through Jovian space?

with exoplanet the limit is your imagination

>implying the Jovians would treat a Pandora Gate in their territory as anything but a massive security risk

it is a security risk, but with enough nukes, it's not really a problem.

Next you'll say they don't have AI. The Jovian's would be all over a gate, it would just be a state secret.

A gate is incomprehensible TITAN/ETI technology that's second only to exsurgents in terms of sheer SHOULD NOT BE. You really think they'd have no reservations about that?

One thing I do like about Eclipse Phase is how the giant killer robots can also be really nice people.

eheh true

I can totally see a few different ways to explain what's happening in that image, and they would all make complete sense in the game.

i totally agree

>Faster than even your enhanced reflexes can follow the puppy leaps
>It's adorable pink tounge lapping at night the base of your skull
>your team try and free you.
>Tickling it's soft belly and giving it treats but it just snuggles closer
>Finally it cuddles up to your brainstem >the last thing you hear is a delightful yip before everything goes black

Yup, problem solved user, now to liberate Earth

And if they weren't Mexicans.

I mean space magic as in materials that have a higher material strength than chemical bonds allow.

I meant besides the godawful pre-Fall/Fall worldbuiling that the devs shat onto paper.

:^)

I'm thinking of trying to run a mission of EC. What are common mistakes to avoid other helpful tips you can give?

Why are all the machines and AIs evil, again?

AI are seen as dangerous because of what happened with the TITANs

Actually not all the AI only the one most powerfull ones.

The AI of a blender is not usually seen as dangerous, an AGI in a morph is, for some people (mostly Jovians)

Realistically could get the lag to under a millisecond.

i actually did not remembered that there was something similar described in the book, so i was just trying to think to something for that job.

they're jovaboos, they think its the imperium from 40k

Do mechanical augmentations to biological morphs have any place in Eclipse Phase?

Sure, if you don't have a healing vat around, do some heavily experimental shit, or are an edgy fuck. Also when you don't have time to regrow your tragically lost body part so you just plug in a new one.

Material discriminations about organical or mechanical are implied in wound threshold and durability. GM can tweak these values (i do) when confront one organic with inorganic.

The real difference comes to the somatic attr. The moravec's paradox is not averted but ignored.

>organical
Don't you have homework to be doing?

Not really. The biotech level is too high for mechanical augmentation to be as powerful as it is in other cyberpunk settings. That being said, a lot of the classics are still in play: cyberclaws, cyberlimb (as extra limbs), cyberlimb+, hand lasers, hardened skeleton, reflex booster, etc. Replacing a limb with a cyberlimb without adding a hidden weapon is rendered obsolete by healing vats and basic biomods, though.

You can also mimic a lot of sensory and mental augs with cyberware - but typically this is an alternative for Synthmorphs who have no meat to mod.

They can be if you want them to. I've made basic biomods much less potent than they are in the setting; if you lose an arm or leg it ain't growing back, and biomods does NOT give you a blanket immunity to every single conceivable disease in existence that isn't alien shit or artificially made stuff. Also nanotechnology is less widespread in this incarnation of the setting, so it's not a guarantee that you'll have access to a healing vat.

Sometimes i forgot doublecheck with the dic.

> I'm not a robot

Cyberware is for upgrading your existing morph because you can't, for some reason, replace it. I consider it a personal challenge to make my starting morph, that particular body, to be the one I spend the entire game in (circumstances of the game allowing, of course). Cyberware is one of the critical pieces of that self-challenge.

More pics like this?

I don't have anymore of that sorry

Hot diggity, gimme a sauce on that glitchy babe

Most likely from...
artstation.com/artist/gui

There ate also quite a few things that can only be done with cyberware

Fuck you man. It almost as bad as Shadowdragon's shit.

Who even writes this shit?

>I'm pretty sure the Prosperity Group procedurally generated slogans are glitched in some way when I look at their ads
>Oh, they're supposed to come off as strained. something to do with doubled lingua francas and ancient memes.

heres another one for you

moonlightorange.deviantart.com/gallery/