dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/wrath-of-magnus-review-formations-and-detachments/
frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/war-zone-fenris-wrath-of-magnus-review-dataslates-and-special-rules/
youtube.com/watch?v=sXdkbWYZP1g
youtube.com/watch?v=MvuVWJszF_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Chaos

Mostly Lorgar.

First for Grimnar beating Magnus with his bare hands.

Third for OP Pink Horrors.

I'm not buying anything new for 40k until 8th hits
Not after last time

>something good and new actually comes out for chaos marines
>endless cavalcade of crying, whinging and shitposting because it didn't live up to their ridiculously high expectations
4th for 650 points

So I've heard some people around this general mention that Admech are getting some new stuff March 2017.

I googled and I was able to find absolutely zero information regarding that rumor.

Can someone please link a source? Or was it just all bullshit?

So what are the benefits for the T-Sons?
You're an idiot

Fires of Cyraxus.

8th for Khorne

>guys
>hey guys
>what if we took Pink Horrors, already one of the best troop units in the game, and made it so that they split into twice as many units that are almost as good as they are when they die
>and, what if, the newly created models also split into twice as many wounds of lesser models when they too die
Shillposters and retards will still try to claim that things are going to get better.

40K is in its End Times death spiral. All those rumors claiming that we aren't getting Sigmar'ed lied. They won't be fully torpedoing the universe, but the game is going to be the miniature equivalent of go-fish within the year.

So let me get this straight. Khorne considers Logan Grimnar to be his most hated mortal enemy because he enslaved a portion of his power within the Axe of Morkai.

But Khorne was gleefully laughing when Logan cleaved Magnus using the khornate power within the axe.

What the fuck is going on? Magnus and Khorne on the same side. They are allies The pacts between the gods demand corporation.

FFFFFFUCK

Thousand Sons and Scarab Occult are both dog-shit, tax-tier units.

CoolStoryBro.jpg

>wahhhhh GW doesn't pay enough attention to us even though we're the second most updated faction in the game behind Imperials
>wahhhhh our units are only strong instead of OP
>wahhhhhhhhhhhh we can't take hordes of terminators
>wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we're battle brothers with one of the strongest codexes in the game and can also ally with necrons and tau, two other strong codexes

CSM players please end yourselves.

>Magnus and Khorne on the same side.

No they're not. Khorne fucking HATES Tzeentch.

Why did Ahriman not stab Magnus in the back like a real bro.

That's like your opinion, man.

I'm getting pissed off with these people and I play CSM.

Khornedog hates Tzeentch, he likes to see him fail.

Yes, they are. The Chaos Gods for the first time since the HH, united their forces for another go at the galaxy.

Khorne is celebrating the failure of one of his allies!

In the IG regiment generator, what constitudes a siege regiment? What would a guerilla specialized one look like?

So we spam sorcerers, screamers and spawns? Any word on formations?

>What the fuck is going on? Magnus and Khorne on the same side.
ahahahaha what

Much like tzeentch was probably pissing himself laughing at khorne during Armageddon, khorne probably watches the thousand sons fail at everything to relax.

>tfw no bolter option for Tzaangors

lol what even is the great game

How was your weekend lads?

well excuuuuuuuuse me, princess

What did I do? I just told you it's name.

>tfw the armies i like the fluff of, i don't like the gameplay of and vice versa

why live

Pretty good. I played my first game with my Genestealer Cult and it really came down to the wire. I lost the game because one lucky ork was able to survive a whole squad's worth of lasgun fire.

See

Right?
magnus pops into the house and Ahriman just decides to up and leave the webway and come hang out?

AZARIAH KYRAS DISAGREES

IKTFB

Trying to decide on my first army. Constantly flip flopping between Tyranids or Admech.

Educate yourself, bro. Assuming you can stomach nauseating amounts of shilling.

frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/wrath-of-magnus-review-formations-and-detachments/
frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/war-zone-fenris-wrath-of-magnus-review-dataslates-and-special-rules/

>tldr
>none of the formations make Scarab Occult or Thousand Sons into even somewhat viable units
>Sorcerer spam formations bolted onto either KDK or R&H will be the only viable builds coming out of the Thousand Sons half of the book
>Tzeentch Daemons are now fully Eldar tier in terms of just completely disregarding any notion of balance or mutual fun
>ironically, ITC are the chosen fan representatives of GW, despite them clearly still not caring about balance or playtesting
I'm guessing they're trying to bring Frontling Gaming into the fold to try to prevent them from going their own way come 8th edition.

Pics? user now i must see!!

Thousand sons is FUCKIG, DOGSHIT, I can't believe I let myself be hyped up by this release.

It doesn't matter how many updates you get if none of them are anything actually worth buying!

I may as well just finally sell my fucking models over this disappointment, or maybe il just keep using the regular marine codex seeing as it's still better in every single way.

Like I said, he's an idiot

And my game versus tyranids in the original pic was fun as shit too. It was against a long time friend and the guy I played my first game against. Only got to turn two because Tyranid movement phases are long as shit but it was enjoyable. Got more pics if anyone wants to see. Took a whole bunch of them.

>wahhhh my 5th update in two years made my army better but not as good as I wanted it to be wahhhhhhhhhh

No, fuck you. Even under optimal conditions, Thousand Sons and Scarab Occult are extremely overpriced and ineffectual. We already know what the formation/detachment benefits are, and we already know they do fuck-all to help out Rubricae.

If they had at least done ANYTHING to make Thousand Sons semi-viable I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. But they didn't. Instead they buffed Pink Horrors into the stratosphere.

If end times means, i will finally get plastic sisters i will gladly welcome death...

Can I keep complaining if the Chaos God I worship is Slaanesh, so not only it wasn't him/her the one that was updated, but is also the most unlikely one to be updated, if at all?

Hooooly fucking shit, as a TS player I have to vocally apologize. I'm not part of these whiners.

TSons have been firmly entrenched in Shit-tier for over a decade and this book actually made the fucking army fluffy with tons of flavour and fun and able to stand up to mid-tier on its own. If anything I'm now worried I will have to tone it down and self-police my psychic phase for casual play.

People complaining cause the book made us better in every way. Be thankful we didn't get WORSE like what happened to Orks.

So now that TSons are confirmed mid-tier at best, what is the next hope for chaos?

Black Crusade series book 2.

Actually Scarab Occult seem perfectly fine?

Tzeentchminators with better guns for standard Terminator prices... Need to take a 90 point Sorcerer, but he seems a decent enough Sorcerer model.

I didn't take any photos unfortunately, but I'll give you the run down.

We were playing objectives. I drew first blood on a squad of grots and killed off a trukk, boy squad, and some meganobz. However he managed to take out all three of my hybrid squads and my purestrains.

It came down to the wire because although we both ended up getting linebreaker, he had one more objective secured than me, which was guarded by a squad I had whittled down to a single ork. So on the last turn I hit him with about eight lasgun rounds but none of them wounded.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the list, especially the look on my opponent's face every time I challenged his Nob with my Patriarch.

Waiting your fucking turn and letting Orks, SoB, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, and I'm sure another faction or two that I'm forgetting get fixed first.

How do GSC play?

Trying to decide on my first army, trying to decide between alien hybrids or robot hybrids.

>can also ally with necrons and tau, two other strong codexes
wow, you clearly have no fucking idea what CSM complain about.

they don't want to be powergamer wankers like yourself, allying in meme factions just for a power trip even though it makes no sense.

What CSM are bitching about is pretty much the same thing vanilla marines have also been bitching about, that marines themselves are shit now and melt to everything because of powercreep - which is partly why the bitching is eternal. This isn't something GW will ever fix.

Marine statlines being shit now permanantly condemns CSM to being a shit faction and Vanilla marines to only win with bikes/ free vehicles and grav.

CSM also don't seem to understand that a new codex would only mean bad things for the faction.

GW no longer include options for things they don't make models for. Instead of expanding the list of chaos goodies like you want, they'd only either keep it the same or shrink it.

Take Genestealer Cults for instance. If that was a FW dex it would have at least 5 times the options it does because Genestealer cults have a fucking huge toolbox of shit to work with. The GW dex only includes shit they made models for though so it's shallow as fuck.

They aren't T-sons players.

They're generic chaos players that want a codex that lets them masturbate over ork and nid players.

Are you excited, brother? I am

We don't know how many units it takes in the formations to get the full bonuses. For all you know, it may be easy taking combat squads of Rubrics to get re-rolls of 1s easily. Slap a blessing on them and boom, you got 3++ rerolling 1s. Squads of AP4 flamers in Rhinos.

And you're complaining that Scarab Occult are terrible when regular CSM Terminators are cheaper by single-digit amounts yet for that difference you're getting AP3 combi-bolters and assault cannons, 2-shot krak missiles and a sorcerer sergeant? What the fuck did you want them to do, give you a fucking blowjob on a 2+?

>mid-tier
Low tier.

Yet another shitty codex for chaos.

>they don't want to be powergamer wankers like yourself

Yet their newest update makes them mid-tier and they bitch and moan anyway.

u wot m8

CSM generalists vs TSons players.

TSons players are overjoyed here.

lol fucking no

It's official kids, the codex isn't Taudar tier, therefore every Chaos army is basically SoB.

what the fuck are you talking about, for Daemons this is a great book

The fuck do you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=sXdkbWYZP1g
Hell fucking yeah

You have to max out the formation to get the benefits. Have fun taking 9x Scarab Occult and 9x Thousand Sons to get those 1's rerolls.

Regular CSM terminators would suck ass if they had to be taken in 5 man squads as well. Honestly, the Scarab Occult were always going to be fucked. I guess I should just be happy they didn't end up being 71 points.

No seriously, why do people bring up grounding as a tactic against FMCs? Not only is it unreliable, it doesn't actually make them any easier to shoot.

actually they're probably top tier if you let Chaos demons in the TSons book carry you, as always.

Next hope is that they accidentally make some good rules in the new book coming round xmas (or was that just a rumour?).

My bet is they accidentally make Nurgle really good.

Nurgle is always the only thing that can stand against power creep because it's basis is tougher dudes and poisoned weapons.

What, you mean Traitor Legions, out on the 10th?

T-Sons are great and all.

How tall is a Skitarii Dunestrider?

I thought the GW webstore updated at 10 AM. Is the North America site not on Eastern Time?

>tfw wanted to start a tzeentch daemon army
are they only stupid-tier of powergamed? i don't want to massively have to gimp myself but as long as i don't have to field very specific units to be broken i'll deal with it i guess

Don't summon spam and you're fine.

Just leave it here
youtube.com/watch?v=MvuVWJszF_A
Autors about Sparse Dogs are fucked: Wrath of Strawberry.

What army do I play to fuck with people?

My experience with them is kind of limited, i didn't use any of the vehicles because it was only a small game.

I'd say they're good as an infantry based army as long as you can get used to hit and run tactics, because your biggest advantage is getting the drop on an enemy squad and then skipping off board before they can hit back.

If you're getting into Stealer cults then try and build around one or two of the codex formations, I only got as far as I did today because my subterranean uprising let me drop in right on top of objectives without scattering. And for close combat the Patriarch with two familiars was an absolute beast, he had a full squad of 20 stealers with him against a boyz squad and he ended up racking up more than half the kills himself, especially with some great debuff maledictions.

I think GC have a good mix of quick movement with sheer power.

they're only mid tier because of everything in it that ISN'T marines.

Literally, taking actual rubrics is still pointless, daemons still carry you, now you have another troop unit that's way more viable than rubrics - Tzaangors!

Even Scarab termies ruined the one thing that chaos termies are good for - taking combi-meltas and hunting tanks.

In-fact, pink horrors aside, the strongest part of the dex is probably the possibility of using a stronger codex's weapons against them - because they have no fucking strong weapons of their own.

Also, imperial armies can completely counter everything they got with a 40 point inquisitor or just by using some Sisters of Silence.

Tzeentch Daemons. 99 Horror Warp Flame Host, Herald with an Exalted Locus of Creation.

Chaos Demons of Tzeentch.

oh it's that easy? cool

You mean...anti-psyker items are strong against AN ENTIRE ARMY OF PSYKERS?

Unheard of. Just came out of the blue. Jeez.

I don't mean fuck with them in that way.

I mean moving their units for them, debuffing shit, making them hit attack each other, shit like that.

GSC has that.

You could beat this army with a single unit with 2+ armour saves and a 40 point inquisitor

>Even Scarab termies ruined the one thing that chaos termies are good for - taking combi-meltas and hunting tanks.

This is what i mean about waiting to have the codex. The articles did not make any mention of anything stock you can take. for all we know, we can take those options still.

Tzeentch Daemons for power dice, CSM Sorcs for telepathy powers. Includes things like not allowing your opponent to make actions with certain units, making one of your units more or less unkillable and making your opponents units hit themselves.

Geomortis allows you to move a piece of terrain, but is generally weaker and has less fun stuff. Moving a giant piece of terrain could be hilarious though.

The only way Scarab Occult will be good is if they can take Power/Chain Fists and/or non-sword Power Weapons. Otherwise they won't really have any teeth in close combat.

They'll need an HQ with the Jump Book, and be extremely reliant on good buffs to get them stuck in. I figure an Exalted rolling on Biomancy/Telepathy with the relic Daemon Weapon and the squad leader with the Jump Book and also rolling on Biomancy and/or Telepathy should make for a decent deathstar.

Freakshow lists, with a few Death Jesters will do that.

Daemons of Tzeentch(changeling and blue scribes) will fight aboard The Rock, GK and DA will pursue them, meanwhile Magnus will Attack Fenris.

Imperial necron-worshipping techno-cultists.

Enhanced cyborg men who work for their Necron Overlord, who basically keeps them around for the lulz.

Would use the GSC rules, models themselves would be kitbashes of IG heads/GSC bodies/Necron weapons (Neophytes), Skitarii Vanguards/Necrons(Acolytes), Skitarii Ruststalkers/Infiltrators/Necrons(Purestrain Genestealers)

Magus would be cyborg techwizards who got their hands on a Staff of Light

Patriarch would be an eternally pissed-off an super annoyed Necron Lord who the Overlord sent to watch over his pet project ("but you're not allowed to kill the dumb mon'keigh, no matter what they do!") as a punishment.

Death Guard. T5, and T6 shenanigans across the board.

>low tier

not with a character like magnus in it its fucking not

the crimson king makes this book mid tier on his fucking own

>not allowing your opponent to make actions with certain units

What power is this pls?

he can roll of of eleven different tables and he's ML2

Like I said, decent.

Honestly the exact number of tables you can roll on is fairly irrelevant. What matters is if you have at least one good table.

cool

Magnus seems the kind of overpowered model that's not even just unfun to play against, but unfun to play with.

Basically to kill him you need either really good luck and an incompetent opponent, or a Pylon.

(My god, skyfire triple shot D weapon is actually useful for once)

>Tzaangors: ported over form Age of Sigmar, this light infantry unit is pretty cool! Tzeentch armies can be very light on models, and that is where Tzaangors come in. Rocking a Guardsman statline but with WS and T 4, they’re not bad. The 6++ save is a bit rough, but that is not a big deal: they’re cannon fodder and that extra 16.67% of durability does add up with big units. They come stock with either 2 close combat weapons, or with an Autopistol and Chainsword. One of them can be upgraded to a Twistbray (Sarge).

>At 70pts for the unit of 10, and the ability to go up to units of 30, these guys are great for board control, taking objectives and forming the grist of an all Tzeentch Deathstar. With a 6++ and T4, they’re significantly more durable than your average light infantry unit. I think these guys are great for upping your model count and adding some durability to a Tzeentch army. Honestly, these will probably for the default troop choice in most Tzeetch armies that don’t utilize other detachments for that role. Objective Secured is still a tournament winning ability.

yeah, the scarab occult are fine, its just the CSM being massive crybabies as usual

>Magnus the Red

He rocks WS and BS 7, Strength 8, Toughness 7, 7 Wounds and Initiative, 6 Attacks, Leadership 10 and a 4+ save. He also weighs in at 650pts, base, so not cheap. He’s got a host of special rules:

Adamantium Will
Daemon of Tzeentch
Deep Strike
Eternal Warrior
Fearless
Fleet
It Will Not Die
Psyker level 5
Veterans of the Long War
Unearthly Power: harnesses Warp Charge on a 2+
The Lord of Flux Warlord Trait
Omniscient Eye: Magnus has LoS to every model on the table when determining the targets of his psychic powers.

Knows the Gaze of Magnus ability and all of the Tzeentch and Change powers. This is his biggest weakness as the powers he has access to are more limited. Gaze of Magnus will be the go to in most cases, but summoning in more units is always awesome, and a second option for a D shot isn’t bad, either.

His wargear is similarly impressive: The Blade of Magnus is Strength user, AP 2, Force, Soul Blaze and Transmogrify (which can turn models into Chaos Spawn). The Crown of Crimson Kings gives Magnus a 4++ and lets him ignore Perils

we already know, fuck off

They'll be the default troop choice for whiners who don't want to take 1ksons in their 1ksons list and accept being lower end of mid tier.

People actually constructing a semi-fluffy 1ksons list will presumably look at "Shit I've spent nearly 300 on terminators, almost 1000 on rubrics just to get two units of 10 in rhinos and a fuck ton on sorcerers. Plus I obviously can't go without my painstakingly converted rubric dreadnought... Guess I don't really have any points to spend on beakie beastmen."

>freakshow list

pls explain

Is there a generic bike formation for CSM to use with the new T-Sons?

Won't lie I had a small hope for biker rubrics

I don't think there's really any way to simulate Biker Rubrics?

I mean, you could make bikers with a 6++ and regular bolter ammo, but that's not representative in the slightest.

Not those guys, but kill yourself. Not everyone has been refreshing this shitshow of a general for the last few hours and some people might just be waking up in the Western US and might like to not dig through archives to find this shit.

Meanwhile you burn through the posts in this thread because you are a) a useless NEET who has been following this shit since it first leaked. b) a spoiled Imperial player who doesn't give a shit about Chaos releases. c) a butthurt WAACfag CSM player who probably doesn't even care about T-Sons but just wanted to have some power armoured cheese. Or d) an all around whiney faggot.