/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

Old Thread >wtf is kingdom death
A game by a company of the same name, released a few years ago. It has 12 expansions, and the core game is getting a reprint. It is on kickstarter now. kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

>how does shipping work
>how do addons work
>what do I get in each pledge
Check the FAQ on the kickstarter.

Poots rolled a 1, the kickstarter is canceled. Everyone go home.

>3 dudes 2 girls
Pretty underwhelming

how much does the update 1.5 + gamble chest + first hero cost?

gamble is 100 and first hero is 35

>not wanting the glorious afro survivor
fag

Silver Lantern tier. $195.

>tfw someone drops their Satan pledge, so I can go from Twin Satan to the classic version
my autism is very happy about this.

>ripoff rage of bahamut cartoon

I ask how much it cost not how much is the pledge

Why so cheap?

Can someone explain to me why Kingdom Death was able to raise so much money in not only the first day, but the first hour?

Weeaboo aesthetic

very hard to get, well reviewed, expensive product that is in high demand goes on sale for cheap with access to new stuff. And some spots being limited so people will rush in fast.

The core game has been sold out for a while and anyone who didn't get it the first run through has been salivating to get their hands on it ever since.

>tfw no Thief

in high demand for 4 years while being sold out most of the time. i think there are only like a few thousand copies at the moment

First KD was a success.
First KD was a really good investment.
Game is always in short stockage.
Same for expansion.
Game is actually pretty good.
Interesting theme.

I don't understand people who say it's "weeaboo". The artstyle and design is totally western.

What? The pledge cost IS the cost of those items. If you want them as addons, Update is $60, Gamblers is $100, and First Hero is $35. $195 total.

Because its like the Watcher where it probably only has 1 level and no variability from fight to fight. Its literally a replacement for the Tutorial Lion, that instead of starting you at year 1, starts you at year 12 or year 20.

It has been out of print for months, minimal supply for the past year. and he mentioned months in advance that the KS for a reprint would be up on Black Friday, with extra rewards for people who already have the game.

Kickstarter launches with hundreds of people already refreshing the page for it to go live, and there is a pledge level for $1.6k for everything ever released for the game along with everything to be added in this KS, and only 666 open slots for it. It sold out instantly.

Thats $1.1 Million right out the gate, plus all the people who backed at the OTHER tiers.

So is silver lantern is specifically?:
First Hero Expansion
>4 vet survivor models
>First Hero nemesis model
>Weapon/armor set
>Story and Event cards
Hardback v1.5 Rulebook
Gambler's Chest
>At least one innovation (philosophy) card
>Who knows what else?

The First Hero seems to be around a $100 expansion, the rule book maybe another $30-40. Will the gambler chest be worth the additional $50-60?

Anybody have links to the gallery?

You know how sometimes a band can strike just the right combination of quality and hype to sell out a gig on the very same day then announce it?
It's kind of like that except a board game.

Yeah, let not forget the thick woman with unreal tits and ass anime art

Gamblers is $100. Rulebook is part of the $60 1.5 update. First hero is only $35. It has less content than most Nemesis Monsters. Its literally a single encounter.

Gamblers Chest is the big thing. We are about to get a reveal of one of the other things in it.

>The artstyle and design is totally western.
There's definitely some eastern influences to it, see the screaming antelope's promo art.

Like 200$ pled get 400$ core game so
I pledge 195$ and i get exactly 195$, what the point?

And the pinup art, tell me it's not weeb. Also the artist for kd i don't remember his name is a chink otaku

Except the game is going to be getting a price drop. The whole reason for the kickstarter is to fun mass production, instead of limited runs, which reduces the price.

Are you literally 12? How do you not understand economics of scale?

The first run was about 10,000 boxes in total, with more than half going to the original backers (with many people having several copies), so there never were many to sell on the open market.

Okay, i can understand that one.
That's actually more common in western medias (except the all ages ones, but KD isn't all age anyway) than animes.

i mean the face and the expression
>That's actually more common in western medias (except the all ages ones, but KD isn't all age anyway) than animes
You mean these usa fat people? lol no, read some hentai my man, anime is nothing

these guys have never read old comics i guess.

Yeah, Poots is definately a weeb. Hell, he named one of the starting survivors after a character from Fairy Tale.

It doesn't matter. The game is top quality.

which monsters can be hunted at the first few years?

is it the lion, antelope and ram ?

>more common in weatern media
Cape comic?

I pledged 50$ for the upgrade kit since, while I don't have the core game, the quality of the miniatures often puts Forgeworld to shame.
Then I got drunk and decided I may as well get the core set after all with a pinup or the First Hero as an option.

Now sober I remember that between shipping and the pledge it's half a month's rent.
No more Xmas shopping for me.

>Old comics with proportion and jap art style like this
Tell me i'm interest

Forgot img

>Gamblers is $100. Rulebook is part of the $60 1.5 update. First hero is only $35. It has less content than most Nemesis Monsters. Its literally a single encounter.

Alright. $60 for the rulebook seems a bit steep, that's more than most RPG corebooks and the KDM rulebook isn't that thick. Gambler box better have some models/mini-rule book for it's price. Cards won't cut it.

In the core game you'll be fighting the White Lion at the start, then you can fight the Antelope at year 2. After that, the Butcher shows up at year 4, but you won't see him again for a while.

Then it's just Lions and Antelopes until you unlock the Pheonix at year 7.

If you add in expansions you can fight Gorm at year 1, Spidicules at year 2, and Flower Knight at year 4.

>playing a co-operative board game

Why?

>not needing 3 drones to speed up your solo player game.

You can play alone. In fact you should, it's better.

For some reason the smoke knights remind me of dark/demon soul

We know Gambler's Chest comes with some sort of rulebook (working title of Kingdom Death: Monster Advanced). It might be a Variant Rules compilation. There will probably be other things than "Advanced" in the chest, but right now we don't know because we only have one entry revealed.

>People still don't know how this works
its not 60 bucks for a rulebook. Its 60 bucks for a rulebook+new monster+campaign extension+errata

Gamblers box is already worth at least $50 imo, wince it adds advanced character creation rules, as well as a class based advancement system.

Many of the Knights appear to draw inspiration from that particular series, but the Gold Smoke one is the only one getting an actual game use. White Knight (and Heavy variant) and the Storm Knight are still out there without rules.

how long is 1 game?

i was wondering how many years you can do on a game day.

200$ is like one day work

I take about 3 to four hours to do one year, if I'm playing with my girlfriend, about 2 hr/yr

>Its 60 bucks for a rulebook+new monster+campaign extension+errata
I thought Gold Smoke Knight was a stretch goal, and in the universe where KDM 1.5 only squeaked by it's initial goal, he wouldn't be printed.

so with 4 people easy 1 hour Kappa

What do you guys think about the new Kingdom Death manga?

>kappa

>Snu snu orcs with fat guy
It would have been better with shotas desu

>playing with my girlfriend

IME one lantern year is between 90 and 150 minutes, edging up as you get later in the campaign. You might be able to get the first few done at an hour each if you're comfortable with the flow of the game, but one per two hours isn't a bad guesstimate.

Of course, we're not living in that alternate universe.

One week work for those of us that happen to live on the wrong side on former Berlin Wall. Two weeks if we're talking pure disposable income after deducing life expenses.

Your new is showing

Probably 4 or 5 hours for your first few sessions. 2 or 3 once you get the hang of it.

A full campaign lasts 25 years (30 with the 1.5 version)

Nothing related to 1.5 is a stretch goal. The things people keep mistaking for the stretch goals is the changelog, because originally he figured the KS would only make about 1million, and so was going to reveal stuff at various milestones.

Then poots got BTFO, so he revealed the BIG TWIST AT THE END as the first thing. It was meant to be a thing to show on the last day to get all the last minute backers to commit.

Remind me why does the survivors all look so fit despite starvation, sickness and all that ridiculous shit happen?

I think they're not geared enough for the Spidicules fight, but that Greater Gaxe is a good start.

I don't even have to look too far to find a counter-example.

Also
>Focusing on a single trait makes a things weeb.
I guess Margaret Keane makes anime paintings since she likes to draw big eyes.

Nah, it works perfectly fine with the ugly fat guy.
>Wow, by orc standards I'm actually handsome!
was clever plot point (for a hentai at least)

If you need you fix of musclegirls on shota there's always Secret Journey.

Scribe likes 'em with a little meat on their bones, so they're written into reality that way.

When the art shows a survivor who's lost it (not super common. More death is sudden than slow), they can get a good deal more grotesque.

The guys you play as are supposed to be at the peak as far as people in the settlement goes. Why they are all incredibly attractive probably has to do with marketing purposes.

Because they literally aren't human. They are born as fully formed adults ready to hunt, and can move pretty fast even with a leg chopped off.

It's the proportion and simple face, my goodness. This look nothing alike to KD at all. Also nudity and bikini armor is nothing new and that not the kind of anime bug eyes at all

Im still upset nothing cool like Black knight was in the sale

While I'm sure there's one or two of you that has actually played the game, it's funny how there's a general for a game only a handful of anons actually own.

Btw 1666

The horror.

look up Heavy Metal (magazine)

>that pic
>big eyes

What is Tabletop Sim

Honestly, there are probably more people who have played over tabletop simulator, than there are actual existing copies of the game. TTS is hands down the single best advertising he has ever gotten.

Why does they look so attractive and the women all look so thick with stupid anime proportion?

but secret journey is for fapping to that boi ass.

Thicc is life

Are you some kind of thick head?
I mean what wrong with admit it has some sort of jap art and jap inspiration here and there?

Those are the pinups. Literally just fan service by his artist and sculptor that he then sells for actual funds. The actual mini's are pretty normal.

Actually no, it's one of the rare few Po-Ju's works (perhaps the only one?) where you can fap to women. Well, female looking demons, but whatever.

You mean THICC head?

POOTS UPDATE ALREADY.

Is glue required?!?

See? they're all fit and thick. Just look at the screaming armor. They even has Berserk sword and super long folder one thousand times katana

>Kingdom Death manga?
If that's ever a thing, it better be ShindoL.

>no Thief
I need her

Spot the American!

I admit it. it has some japanese inspiration and arts. can't deny it.

But calling it weeaboo when the majority of the drawings and designs like they come from a version of Conan the Barbarian by HR Giger, well, that's just having tunnel vision.

You can keep you miniatures together by the power of prana for all I care. But most people will want to use glue, yes.

Speaking of armor, what's everyone's favorite set?
I personally love the Sunstalker set and the Lantern armor

You know how slow he is making those...
Patience young Padawan, patience.

My personal favourite is Spider Silk, I love the exotic eastern look, and the crystalline weapons are gorgeous.

We said it last kickstarter, we will say it again.
Poots knows his craft, he puts heart into it.
But for the love of deities above and below, he's in desperate need of somebody to handle PR for him.

I don't remember Conan wearing lot of fur with oversized sword, i mean normally he just shirtless with a thong

i wanna sleep

is that from the spider expansion ?

Visually? Phoenix is great but the hats are kinda crazy. Lantern is awesome and Intricate. And I've got a soft spot for the DBK/Rolling armor

Mechanically? The humble rawhide does a great number. Lantern is awesome but impractical. I think I end up getting the most mileage out of Lion and Leather.

Green Knight armor looks badass is super badass but good luck making it.

exactly right.

I bought a 2nd Spider Silk Armour kit sprue on the KS simply because I rather love them, they're gorgeous miniatures.

Yeah. Probably pushes the spider xpac up a few notches. Armor kits rock.

>pinup twilight knight
>pinup twilight knight 1.5
>alison the twilight knight
>alison the twilight knight scifi
>54mm Twilight Knight Pinup
Really tired of this mary sue bitch

Is this the paint job or they upgrade the plastic in 1.5 version?