Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What would it take for your character to dress up in a maid uniform, thigh-high socks, and high heels?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/traits/tools/traits-filter)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What would it take you to hang yourself?

>the end of the last thread
>holy shit actual constructive criticism

Why are those children allowed to serve alcoholic drinks?

I know user, I just wish I got some for my character.

Song Lilin, and yes I know I still haven't posted the full new backstory or sheet.

OP is a fag. But instead of bitching about it I'm going to do something constructive and present a new discussion question.

What is the biggest, nastiest, baddest muthafucka your party has ever fought? How did you beat it, or how did it crush you?

imagine if one day OP wasn't a faggot

They're Belgian?

Then get around to posting your new backstory and sheet, and I'll comment it for you.

We had to fight a big ass giant (CR 14, we were a 5 person party of level 5s) and I (A Strangler Brawler) used my Sleeper Hold ability to knock it out instantly, letting us simply chop off his head. Definitely my proudest moment.

So I'm in a drow campaign as a cleric. What god should i worship? The Demon Lord Treerazer seems cool since hes basically the biggest "fuck you" to elves, and the nascent demon lord Nightripper just plain sounds awesome, though no particular connection to drow.

>looking at my 5 str character more

>can only carry 12 lbs as a light load

BULLIES EVERYWHERE.

>5 STR
Holy shit how I could get 6 or 7, but 5 like holy sweet baby Jesus fucking Christ in the ass (no homo) with some Aunt Jemima lube what the hell

for fun of course.

I really like Horizon Walker. What do people think about it? I am personally thinking of having it for my Fighter.

What traits should I get for Svana? I'm debating on Boar Resilience, but the effects aren't really useful and I don't want to just go with Reactionary or something. Maybe a Survival boost and Acrobatics boost?

Silvia's player here. I'm looking to improve my characte, mostly through the backstory writing and changing her personality to have her be more independent and a bit more easily embarrassed (though prideful).

Any advice on this /pfg/?

honestly its not like low str matters for a mage just bully the fighter into carrying it for you.

or buy some muleback cords

if you're not using strength, it doesn't matter at all :D

>I just dislike the idea of a character running off to something incredibly dangerous like adventuring when they have non-estranged family at home. Especially when it's something like Jade Regent and you are more or less doing it on a whim.

That's exactly why I didn't give him a kid, because being in a caravan on the Path of Aganhei is fucking dangerous and uprooting a child like that is just plain cruel. There are certain things you have to give up for a more harmonious game table, and it felt like a wife or child would have taken more out than it would put in.

Go with stuff that feels fun for your character or provides a skill that "clicks" with them, that's what traits are for! She's a motherly character from a close-knit village that suffered the plague, yeah? Sounds to me like she'd be Hardy, or whatever that heckin' trait is that gives you a +1 to Fortitude.

Here's a tip that I always use when I want to get form and function for a character's traits; go to the Trait Filter on PFSRD (d20pfsrd.com/traits/tools/traits-filter) and above "benefit" type in the skill or boost you want your character to have, and when it gives you the list just imagine which one clicks with your character the most.

How do I skald? I want a punchy skald who goes in, sings a pretty song and comes out with a few magic burned heads he chopped off from monsters with his shiny new axe/sword/pole-arm-if-need-be. Also are any of the archetypes worth the time?

>reducing your access to Advanced Weapon Training?
For what purpose? Unless you're just going in for 3 levels, and that's only if you know you're going to be in essentially the same terrain type all the time.

>mostly through the backstory writing and changing her personality to have her be more independent and a bit more easily embarrassed (though prideful).

She came from a big family that basically ignored her, yeah? Going from that to a huge gaggle of smiling, gregarious faces in service to Shelyn would be quite a shock - so much of a shock that, while she relishes the attention, she'd prefer to be in the corner passively absorbing the good vibrations.

>TFW I made a character for Jade Regent forever ago, specifically to romance Ameiko in a childhood-friend-romantic-comedy way that felt natural over the course of the campaign.
>Abandoned it when someone else came in with "LOL Imma 20 CHA Kitsune Bard who loves everyone".

It's been....5 years? Something like that? I've DMed Jade Regent since then, but never played it.

Probably for the best, I wouldn't want to see another DM butcher it.

The cacterrasque. We pissed off a really, REALLY crazy lich. Turns out when you have thousands of years and near endless boredom, you tend to do some really weird shit. In this case, the motherfucker decided it was a grand idea to transfuse the soul of a living terrasque into a tiny potted cactus, throw in some other insane magical bullshit and suddenly you're dealing with a 14 foot tall invincible cactus golem with a crazed lich playing jockey.

We lost 3 members of the party and the only reason it stopped is because it basically ran out of gas, and THEN we had to fight a particularly grumpy lich with a grab bag of magical items so absurd there was no consistent strategy to counteract them.

The lesson learned that day was that maybe you should just say hi to the lich who hasn't really hurt anyone in a few millenia instead of immediately trying to kill him for his shit.

So I was made aware of the Antagonize feat in the last thread and that got me thinking.

Could I as a crafter make an item that has a intimidate aura combined with the antagonize feat?
And if so.. how?

Rangers with the Warden archetype can add their favored terrain bonuses to allies, so thats good.

But generally im sorry to say Horizon Walker is not for you. Its best for rangers and rogues who already have lots of favored terrains, so that they can continue to build up favored terrain power. You would only have favored terrains from the prestige class, so you wouldn't really be taking advantage of what its supposed to give you. If you must take a prestige class, take a shadowdancer, hellknight, low templar or living monilith, those are cool and will grant you new abilities you can make use of, rather than abilities you will get less bonus out of than your fighter features.

>The cacterrasque.
That sounds positively evil.
So you gonna share the stats or what?

I did kinda want her to try and be a sort of "alpha female". But the general idea is that she's past it, but not really willing to let herself be as much of a wallflower after leaving the family. And I wanted to write in that she's terrified of repeating the mistakes of her mother's infidelity, so she's not comfortable with relationships.

Expanding on this, perhaps this is part of the reason why Silvia was sent to Sandpoint; it's a small, sleepy town where there aren't too many people to trigger her "oh gosh find a quiet place" instinct.

She's a woman that got taken out of a bad place and put in a good one, but *too much* of a good one, so she's getting introduced to the concept of love and openness incrementally.

Rolled 4, 3 + 3 = 10 (2d4 + 3)

Don't mind me, just determining something

I don't know the exact stats, but here's what we did know of it.
>immune to magic
>Deals 40d6 + 72 damage per hit, but is wildly inaccurate
>had more than 35 AC
>Even when its punches and stomps missed everyone within 10 feet of him was knocked prone, DC was probably in the low 30's
>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math

>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math
Holy shit user, treasure your DM.

>and it felt like a wife or child would have taken more out than it would put in.
As much as /pfg/ likes to complain about character's having no living families, this is how I feel a lot of the time. It's just really bloody hard to justify why any "sane" person would run off on a dangerous job like adventuring especially if the stakes where anything short of "the world/out lives as we know it end if noone does this", which they often aren't.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. More so than dead family does even if it is "cliche", but different strokes I guess.

nice size user-chan

I'd say the same, but I need to get off my arse and actually finish Amalia as anything but a really loose concept and get a sheet going.

I just grabbed the chance to try a full alterationist and happen to like veils. Is that so wrong?

Yes. Yes it is

Holy dicks that's horrifying.
I wish I had your DM

Your DM is a fucking god.

>Can see a death or two coming
>It's only the second session
fuck.

Plan to make a stalker/bushi with strong focus on Mithral Current and Elemental Flux (Unorthodox Training). Any advices about wis-based kitsune race and feat selection, /pfguys?

Bah, that fits the mold of a Shelynite Paladin perfectly! Most of them are people who were damaged by toxic relationships, and sent out into the world to mend their own hearts as much as the hearts of others. Write away about her caution towards entering relationships, and perhaps include a bit how Shelynites might encourage her to whittle down that icy heart with friendship, courtly love and other things that can turn into romance.

I quite like how she's scared of entering a relationship because she thinks she might cheat, it adds a bit of a roadblock to overcome between her and whatever guy catches her fancy.

First time DM here. Entire group is experienced players (including me) but nobody here DM's except one dude who's gone for the moment. Planning on running my first adventure soon-ish.

What's a good adventure path/campaign/module/one-shot/whatever that i can pick up of the trove that's good for a beginner DM?

>>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math
New strategy gained.

SEPTUM OCTAVIUS DUO

The Awakened Fractal Tarrasque.

He was Tarrasque's all the way down, and he ruled over BAGWORLD, the place where all the stuff goes when you throw a bag of holding into a portable hole.

I do kinda like that reason to go to Sandpoint, but I don't know how it'd fit with my idea of having her volunteer to see the new temple as a Shelyn representative only as a means to start traveling the world.

Yes. Elemental flux is a lot better with a pool of animus, consider grabbing the first feat in the elemental flux style line for free action element swapping, and kitsunes belong in the fucking trash.

Is it actually possible to play a shapeshifter/character with multiple identities whose true form/identity is kept a secret from the other players, instead of just their characters? Is it a good idea? Nothing malicious mind you, just a shapeshifter who genuinely wants to be whatever it is they're pretending to be. What about if the players are in on it, but their characters aren't, would that work out better? Anyone tried that before? I did it one time and it was fun, but the game died for unrelated reasons shortly after and I've been itching to try it again.

I wonder if I should have focused more on the human Etan, rather than the kitsune Gil. Probably would have been more fun, but it's a little late to do anything fancy now.

>, the place where all the stuff goes when you throw a bag of holding into a portable hole.
I'm guessing be became fractal/awakened from eating all the BBEGs, McGuffins, and Evil Artifacts people have been throwing there for years?

And another question. Can stalker be effective with two-handed weapon and without Brutal Slayer archetype?

>It's just really bloody hard to justify why any "sane" person would run off on a dangerous job like adventuring especially if the stakes where anything short of "the world/out lives as we know it end if noone does this", which they often aren't.

The only time I've managed to pull that off in a really solid way was with Sigmund Caine, a woodsman whose entire reason for adventure was to rescue his daughter from the clutches of an evil dragon that had burned down his village.

How do text games even work? How do you keep it fair so everyone gets a chance to participate?

Text games are more fair than voice, man, people talk over people all the time; I'm a quiet person who doesn't like to interrupt so in voice games half the time I end up doing nothing all session because other people are louder than I am.

Same, I just don't know where to put hooks on Shizuka; I don't want to look too snowflakey or anything, is the thing!

I mean I guess, but why would you want to?
See that works since the goal is saving the family, that might be good for a one shot of if the dragon is the BBEG.

But the criticism about "no family/killed off family" was for a Jade Reagent game. Even the fucking NPC motivation is basically "Fuck, I don't really have much to live for. Let's go on a road trip!".

But sticking with the example, what would he do when the daughter is rescued? He doesn't really have a reason to fight anymore. I mean even if he's best buds with the PC's he still has a child to look after.

A big issue with Skald is that you're running a delayed, slower-progressing self-rage, with the advantage of it being conveyable to the rest of your party.

In a melee heavy party, he's going to be a support that brings some serious extra pain. Though, a standard Bard would be about equivalent. Both granting a +1 to melee attack and damage rolls. (Bard through a direct +1, Skald through +2 Str. So technically I think both should stack.)

However, Skald's hit/damage bonuses don't increase until lv8 and only once more at 16th. while Bard's start going up at 5th, and hits again at 11th and 17th.
On the other hand, Skald's Will bonus is flat, while Bard's is only against Fear and Charm effects. And skald's Will bonus starts at 4, and goes up every 4, while Bard's progresses at the same rate as their other bonus.

The other bonus Skald has over Bard, CON boosting, is there mainly to offset the -1 AC. Also, the standard Rage drawbacks of limitations on skills applies. Where it does not for bard.

The Skald, however, can impart a select few rage abilities through his song. And has two feats to his own that bestow Fast Healing equal to the STR Bonus. Skald's Vigor is for yourself, while at lv10 you can qualify for Greater (10 ranks in Song) which allows you to bestow it on all affected allies. Not much, but if you're going to have it up, a worthwhile consideration. Especially at the end of the day where your party may be wounded from encounters.

The Skald himself, thanks to the 3/4ths BAB and d8 HD isn't going to be the best at direct combat. However, you get scribe scroll as a bonus feat, and Spell Kenning as a class feature, meaning you can pretty well always have a useful spell on hand, even if you don't know it directly. Though, it may take some GM cajoling to use them in tandem.

Essentially, you're a themed bard, not actually a singing barbarian. Though, your rage song does qualify the furious weapon quality iirc.

Wasn't that in Fantasy Craft?

That's partly why Silvia's relationship with her family isn't great. They don't have to be dead, but she doesn't worry about them either. It also gives the option of a forgiveness arc of sorts, which could be neat.

I don't see how. Do you set it up so everyone gets a turn to talk to an NPC in text?

>. It also gives the option of a forgiveness arc of sorts, which could be neat.
How is that even going to happen when you're an entire ocean way? Skype doesn't exist on Golarion yet.

Here's my character concept for RotJR

>Unchained Rogue || Mystic (Knight Chandler)
>Character is the son of a minor Taldan Noble, who fled to Corvosa after some political unpleasantness.
>Grew up helping his parents con/cheat/steal from everyone around them in order to get by, and maintain the semblance of a noble lifestyle.
>Learns to sword fight, in order to have his father's back if a con goes south.
>Pretty damn good at it; they start building up a tiny criminal empire.
>Gets too cocky for his own good, and tries to rob a couple of adventurers.
>Fails, gets beaten within an inch of his life.
>Bailed out by a Don Quixote-esque "knight," who's bearing the crest of a noble house
>Knows the guy is crazy, but also thinks he's a noble, and becomes the knight's "squire" in the hopes of getting closer to the money.
>Spends the next six months sleeping under bridges and tilting at windmills. Despite the fact that the knight is crazy, he legitimately comes to admire the man's idealism.
>Old man dies saving him from an ogre.
>A bit shaken up and confused, he starts the journey home.
>Upon arriving back in Corvosa, he sees someone getting mugged and, without thinking, he leaps to the person's aid, and gets stabbed in the process.
>At that moment, his Soul Candle manifests.
>Lying there, bleeding out in an alley, and staring at the physical manifestation of his soul, he comes to a realization.
>All he really wants to be is a Knight.
>Still bleeding, he limps home, gathers up everything on his father, and turns it into the guard; incriminating himself in the process.
>Flees the city, to find a quest that'll make up for all the shit he's done and ends up in Sandpoint.

Comments? Questions? Pure unfiltered hatred?

>but it's a little late to do anything fancy now.
>Applications don't officially start for little over another month at the least

Nigga, you have plenty of time to fine-tune this shit.

So here's where i'm at

>Ratfolk girl
>Guns n shit along with spells
>lives outside of Sandpoint on her own cause weirdo
>Uses cap of human guise to go into town and sell alchemy stuff when she needs cash
>Completely socially inept, rants and claims she's an insanely powerful witch while she sells stuff, everyone thinks she's just a weirdo but she makes decent alchemy stuff
>I'd like to say she tries to pull off the whole BIG HAT N BROOM witch look but cap of human guise limits
>Actually is all that shit but is completely chuuni about it

I'm feeling I have a good start on this character.

Well I'd be happy with her in my party.

Nah, you just set the scene up with the NPC and let them play their characters; people who want to ask questions ask questions, the NPC responds, usually one by one, occasionally getting annoyed if it would be in characte for the NPC to get annoyed at a bunch of smelly murderhobos yelling at him, that sort of thing.

i need to write up the rest of her but i'm just hammering some bullet point ideas out.

>but why would you want to?
Thematic reasons. Dislike scarred muscle girls.

I guess I just can't see how the flow of conversation would work unless people specifically state that they ask *after* another question is answered.

And what about combat? If you're on roll20, how exactly do you describe combat? Say what you plan to do before moving your token? After?

It's shit like all the rest.

So she traded her oracle curse from haunted to "relationships don't last past the first kid"

Im surprisingly okay with it.

New shenanigans get

How unreasonable is it for an asshole wizard to send a bound outsider a continent away to fuck with his son?

>people talking about family connections
>all I've got is a talking sword
>birth parents will never know the joys of sapience

Feels bad man.

"It's a little too late to do anything fancy" meaning "I can't hide it from the actual players when it's already a thing that's out there and known about". Was still planning on doing plenty of tuning, since that's part of the fun, and having it be something hidden IC would still have plenty of opportunities.

>Questions?
Can your post her charsheet?

Generally, you say what you're doing OOC (I'm used to seperate OOC/IC channels), do the movement/rolling/etc, then fluff everything up at the end in my experience. So you'd go like 'I think I'm gonna move here to flank that gnoll with the rogue--actually, cast shocking grasp before that, then move there and discharge it 'cause I can do that, here's my attack and damage roll' and then you move your token, then IC you go 'Reginald the Wizard curses at his companion's ineptitude and rushes to aid the rogue, hand crackling with lightning. "Would you fools stop letting people ambush us?" He complains as the gnoll feels the fury of his electric fist.' in the IC.

I don't know how JR goes, I've never really played it. The idea was just me spinning my wheels a bit.

Still working on it. Mostly wondering if the concept is even passable before taking the time to put it together.

Jade Regeant as you fucking off to another continent by the end of Book 1. Unless you're an Ulfen or !Asian your family is going to be far, far away.

Alright everyone, I want you all to tell me everything there is to know about Nualia.
I'm designing a character, and would like to know more about Nualia to see if I can put in a connection to my character somehow.

She's a dirty bitch and a massive slut who got mad when her daddy said she wasn't allowed to have boyfriends anymore because of aforementioned massive sluttery.

This is a very biased view of the character.

this is accurate.

Dubm assimaer bitch that couldn't keep her legs closed, she fucked near a magic RAGE artifact and had a miscarriage. She then joined up with the god of grotesque births and wants to burn Sandpoint down.

She's probably very okay with that.

She is really angry if your DM brings her back as a recurring villain and you make constant puns at the fact that her demon arm was removed.

>sticking with the example, what would he do when the daughter is rescued? He doesn't really have a reason to fight anymore. I mean even if he's best buds with the PC's he still has a child to look after.

Friend, we've spent a year covering those loopholes; for one, Sigmund has made it explicitly clear he doesn't give a rat's ass about staying an adventurer, and will leave the business as soon as he was able.

It's just... shit got in the way. Turns out the daughter's mother (implied to be a Hag in my backstory) was a high-power Hamadryad and goddess of the continent (whom my character had some seriously sweet interactions with when we met her) and the daughter herself (by this point 16, Sigmund is 33 at campaign start... noticing a trend for my characters) is a mighty powerful conduit of arcane energy, something the BBEG will stop at nothing to get.

As soon as the BBEG is dead SO will Sigmund's adventuring career, he will find a nice place to retire and relax with his divine waifu (who was slated to die last session until some clutch decisions cost Sigmund the majority of divine power he acquired after helping Iomedae.)

Basically a victim of child abuse who naively believed her boyfriend actually loved her.
Nobody in sandpoint has seen her since she murdered her father.

Alright so for Svanas traits I've decided to go with;
>Righteous Indignation: Must make Will save (10+level) or be forced to take AOO, take -1 on Will saves against spells with (emotion) tag except fear
Svana may have very strong emotions (nice and not so nice ones), but she doesn't have that much control over them hence, she gets easily attached and easily angered
>Militia Veteran:+2 Survival
In Svanas old village everyone protected everyone, nobody was left out of this, the village militia (they never called it a militia however) was made up of every man and woman who could hold a weapon.
>Heirloom Weapon: Masterwork weapon with +1 bonus, proficient with this weapon
This is the fauchard (used to be a glaive, but those 18-20 crits man, plus it doesn't matter that it's exotic) that the Elder gave to her when the village was dying from the plague and told her to go adventure and remember the village (she doesn't actually know that her village died out, she doesn't even know about the plague).

Thoughts? Anything I should change?

That helps a bit.
I know the wiki says she was taken in by the Priest in Sandpoint, so I'm guessing she's adopted.

Was there ever info on her real parents, or no?

>Masterwork weapon with +1 bonus
Meant +1 bonus TO ATTACK, not a +1 bonus, whoops

>Heirloom Weapon
Don't think about take Ancestral Weapon instead?

While that *technically* makes more sense, silver or cold iron bone isn't a thing and I liked the image of it being made from bone.
Also because I'm dumb (not PanzerCreed levels of dumb, but still dumb) I didn't even know Ancestral Weapon was a thing

Well the backstory's there at least. Good lord thank god that's done even if it's tiny.

Quick I need a motivation for a lich to draw people to her lair that ISN'T the super overdone "creating an undead army" thing

Researching a ritual to kill gods.

She's lonely and wants to throw a party.

I thought about having her just be looking for an eternal lover

These party members are technically high enough level to become a lich with enough effort

>Bingo Night
>Kidnapping of someone important
>Forgotten Arcane Lore
>Her CatBear breeding project keeps having escapees into the local forest
>Sent out an invitation to her great great great great great great grandchildren
>Avoiding paying taxes to local rulers for her lair
>Just won't stop sending letters to the local newspaper complaining about the way things are going in town
>Is using a combination of scrying and sending to go full jewish grandma on everyone within a few hundred miles.

>Local Aasimar can't handle the bantz, goes crazy after nega-womb squirts out OP and promptly vows to create MYFAROG

>choosing opposition schools
>divination, enchantment, evocation, necromancy

T-this is fine

Exactly, just use Wiz from Konosuba and you're golden.

Shit I never finished Konosuba pls explain

You took a drawback, which means you get THREE traits.