>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Why is it that the Chaos Space Marines only have access to the Phobos, Proteus and Achilles Land Raider variants? The Crusader and Redeemer patterns have comparatively simple modification that shouldn't be difficult for a Warpsmith to replicate and the Dark Mechanicum should have gotten ahold of at least one of the Prometheus or Helios variants to reverse-engineer through capture, theft or one of the Imperium chapters turning traitor.

Good lord the Taurox looks retarded. Has anybody converted it to look slightly less shit?
On the note of conversion, I had the idea that I'd convert Neophyte Hybrids and a Magus to Chaos Cultists. Think people are gonna fuss over that? If so, good.

First for the Tau did nothing wrong

Dark Mech When?
I want to use my Xana army as proper hellsmiths.

Also, Admech Named Characters when?
Stroika, Arkhan Land, Kelbor Hai, Decima, Scoria, all the rest. Why none for 40k?

>insert bullshit story about how chaos only get access to preheresy tech but not all preheresy tech because the Admech were hiding some tech specially for the loyalists who they never knew were going to be in a civil war.

Tl;Dr because space marines are the favourite ones and naughty chaos get jack shit.

When I get my shit together, that's when.
I reckon I'll have to make something new and hugely retarded to get people's attention.
I have an idea. (picture unrelated)

It wasn't funny when you posted this as the "Excuse me" meme either, user.

The Crusader, Redeemer, Helios and Prometheus were all developed after the Horus Heresy.
I'm just asking an honest question.

Because, like with GSC, GW had no idea how popular these new armies would be, so they gave them limited releases.

Why it's taken them so long to capitalise on the popularity however is another thing.

Fires of Cyraxus Soonish brother

Can Dangles take Stormravens yet?

every chaos marine that isn't from the original legions (i.e. what GW has been focusing on the last 15 years or so) has been a convert from the post heresy era. it makes no fluff sense they don't have all those things,

This is why I'm mixing and matching regular SM stuff with CSM in my work. I get it, Chaos are scroungers who have to cobble together shit that barely works and bind daemons to even get some of the weapons to even fire, let alone hit their targets. They're using decrepit tech and unstable, outmoded materials that nobody would want in their Manufactorum. But then we've got the DarkMech, spiky-brained madmen who are letting their imaginations run wild in places where reality no longer matters.
You want to have twelve meltaguns on your bike? They'll swing that shit.
You want arachnid legs and mind-impulse unit boltguns attached to your shoulders? No problem, famalam.
You want a tank made out of tits and leather? Hit a niggie up, they'll go full Slaneesh on it.
Endless possibilities for GW to release stuff, optional assembly/dual-purpose kits, Forge World niche-fillers and an infinity of conversion ideas. Just go for it.

>Scoria plus 10,000 years of tech heresy

So since I'm a fucking awful player I gotta ask strangers on the internet :

are the new TSons(and termies, and ahriman, and sorcs) decent game-wise? (Not s-ier, mind you, just alright)

and for another 25% the biggest source for equipment is good old looting from loyalists......

Open the bed and put it on a trukk frame

no none knows as their full rules aren't released yet

Seems like tier 2ish~ in scale of S-1-2-3-4.

Then there isn't really an excuse other than "they haven't got round to stealing one" which I suppose due to the ineptitude of how CSM are written could be very valid. Also until the Dark Mech exist on tabletop they're not going to have any real sway over what CSM get

Making a colour scheme for a BA successor is a pain in the ass.

I CAN ONLY COMBINE RED, WHITE, GOLD AND BLACK IN SO MANY COMBINATIONS.

thought they're fully out
what other armies would you put in tier 2?

Tau are clones.

Hmm. Imperial Guard. KDK.

True. Part of me is hoping that the IA14 stuff is just an entire book of Heresy and Dark Mech stuff and then a picture of a stormsurge at the end.

Precisely, I imagine Dark Mech rules to have a lot more options and choices for their units as their doctrine is WAAAY less rigid, but with more risk attached.

Should not want....
But I do. Giant scorpion-magos who can beat the fuck out of Horus powered up as a DarkMech demon.
Also his experimental robots. Arlatax with Khorne buffs and Slaneeshi speed? Fuck yes.

Have you thought of using the new tints user? Silvery red everything, blood red helms and gold trim?

wait for the book and actual requirments and min/maxing of formations.
if the core formations maximum units isnt that bad we got a very, very solid formation with that without having to pay any tax.

It is a paradox that can only be resolved with "daemons don't let people get ahead of themselves" which has been touched upon in fluff with that one Warpsmith that kept binding daemons to his machines constantly until all four Chaos gods got pissed and with a combined effort of daemons wiped him off the planet, but also the concept of either having them be sort of grimy, ratty scroungers doesn't gel all that well with AdMech members that now are unconstrained by the strict dogmas and rules of the Imperium. They can have AI now, for instance. That shit is not getting touched game and model-wise for at least ten more years, you know.

I was going to do silvery-red for my Sanguinary Guard. Keep the metallic armour for them.

I've got a bunch of marines around and I'm a bit bored of 30k for now, what should I do with them? I could paint them as Dork Angels but I haven't played those in a few year. Alternatively, Blood Angels?

Chaos Gods don't want to CSM to win at all costs? Quality writing no wonder they never win anything.

next week saturday user
thoug they'll be in store on the day mail orders coem in so if you've got a bro tier manager at the nearest GW it's quite possible to look into it earlier
expect leaks around that time to

What the hell is "flak armor", Veeky Forums ?
I mean, look at pic related : On the left, you have a Cadian Shock Trooper, who are said to wear "flak armour", and on the right, a Cadian Kasrkin, who is said to wear "Carapace Armour". But it is clearly exactly the same, except the Cadian only has a breastplate while his Kasrkin buddy has a whole suit of it (Speaking of which, why doesn't flak armour protect the belly ? Isn't it a much more vulnerable part of the body than the pectoral area ?).
Also, why does so many of the IG regiments have none of this breastplates things the Cadians have ? Like, Krieg, Armaggeddon, Mordian, Valhallah, they are all said to wear flak armour, but they just seem to wear standard uniforms without any other protection.
And the Catachans don't wear any armour at all and have the same save stats in the crunch as any other guardsmen.

So, in the fluff, and I'm only speaking about the fluff ; Does the Cadians use a carapace breastplate ? Or what is the difference between flak and carapace ?

>Like, Krieg, Armaggeddon, Mordian, Valhallah, they are all said to wear flak armour, but they just seem to wear standard uniforms without any other protection.

the armor is either worn under the clothing, or the flak material is woven into the uniform itself

ref: DH Inq. Handbook

According to Phil "I was the only one that would write for Tau, so you have me to thank for Damocles," Kelly, yes.

I'm afraid we're probably going to get the smaller share of the book, because it''s not like Tau have enough shit already or anything.

I'm hopeful for Magos on Abeyants at the very least, my Magos is just too sexy not to field.

Finger crossed they don't nerf Automata too much "Because they're old". Even in their 30k state they don't match up to the cheese 40k armies get.

CHOO CHOO TRAINS WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN?!

Catachans deflect bullets with their pecs and abs, like real men

Makes sense, I don't know what else to say then buddy does your chapter have anything fluffy in mind to separate them? Maybe something like 1 black arm on their CCW arm, full red armour with gold trim, black arm to represent their uncontrollable rage.

and catachans sick abs count as flak armor
or carapace for the guys who didn't skip leg day

Flak is basically space kevlar whilst carapace is space kevlar with space ceramic plates covering the more vital areas.

The flak is in the fabric stuff, not the plating.

Basically "flak armored" troops have a little bit of carapace armor on them but not enough to constitute a full set crunch-wise. That's the breastplate and such you see. The flak armor is literally the soft jacket underneath.

Yeah, I want Vorax and Ursarax for effective melee, Thanatar because BOOM, Triaros for pain train and some form of assault transport, maybe.

Also, customisable Magi. Dominus is boring as hell.

Flak Armor isn't a single uniform piece of equipment, it's a catch-all term used to describe basic ballistic armor employed by different regiments.

30k Mechanicum is fun and customizable. You should try it.

>The Mad Men made it at SEMA.

dont get your hopes up
chaos gods are a fickle lot

Wrong image

Alright, so, for exemple : A Mordian guardsman, who wears a parade uniform with a flak-fancy parade suit will be able to shrug off shrapnels, but not a direct hit by a weapon ; But a Cadian trooper, who also have a uniform with woven flak tissue, will be able to shrug off, say, a autogun round if it hits his breastplate, who is a carapace breastplate?

I'm only talking about the fluff, not crunch ; I'm not trying to give my cadian regiment a better armor save :^)

That's what we're talking about user, we're comparing 30k Mechanicum to 40k, and guessing at what will transfer over in the new IA book.

If they did nothing wrong, then why were they born Xenos?

Yeah, planning on getting an Ordo Reductor army for Xmas. Myrmidons, Thralls, two Thallax cohorts, a Magos and a converted Scoria, a Lightning, two arty tanks and a Baneblade variant.

Scoria, the guy who builds Ordinatii and provokes Malifica in his robots for fun, a Chaos Spawn? Dream on, he's a beast and a badass, and he has a nifty spider familiar.

>Isn't it a much more vulnerable part of the body than the pectoral area ?

Imperial Logistics.
They only armour the head, torso or arms as a hit there will instantly make a soldier incapable of firing his weapons.

A soldier can still fire back while gutshot or legless.

There now they've save enough material to make two sets of flak.

I always thought CSM should be a SM supplement with rules for marks, deamon engines and deamon allies. It doesn't make sense to me that CSM, with no restrictions on what to use or where to raid have access to less hardware then the loyalists.

One would think that SM would be more rigid with less options to reflect their adhesion to the codex and their status as noobie friendly army. While CSM should have more options with less restrictions since they are, you know, SM of CHAOS.

I think the flak could even catch an autogun round considering it's basically kevlar. The carapace is for heavier stuff like heavy stubber rounds or even bolt shells on a good day.

When it has wheels like in or it actually looks decent.

Catachans used to have 6+ saves, they were the original owner of T-shit saves that now are an Ork staple.

Is it true that everybody hates the eldar?

Hmm. Though the dark mechanicum is unfettered by tradition and has daemons to work with they still have a lot less resources than the admech. They also have build quite a lot of things that the Imperium could never create so perhaps they have a different focus than the Imperium, creating new designs instead of modifying old ones.

>Tfw Tau already has an heavily established aesthetic
>Tfw that means a Tau AT-TE will never be
Why even play.

I don't think Scoria can even be in a Reductor army can he? Your warlord in Reductor needs to be an Archmagos Reductor and Scoria counts as an Archmagos doesn't he?

And then there is the fact that he works best in Cybernetica armies for the Automata buffs, I run him with a Homunculex proxied from a Domitar, two three man Castellax teams, 2 6 man Thallax cohorts, a Thanatar and 2 Krios venetors.

>LGS (I won't call it friendly because most of the staff are dicks if you don't play MTG or Autismclix) is having a Black Friday/Small Business Saturday sale
>GW stuff is 35% off
>Get a Tau SC for 59 burgerbucks
>I paid MSRP for a Fire Warrior box and half of an Etheral and got a squad of Crisis suits free
>mfw

They had another, but I don't have that much money to spend. I'll probably work on it after finishing some of my DE stuff.

>GW stuff is 35% off
Friendlier than mine. Advertised 30% initially, dropped it to 25%, and then in store dropped it to 20%.

Still cheaper than third party.

A big problem is working in the warp, half the reason the Admech lost all their knowledge is from warp fuckery infecting their data. To the point where a lamp, when built following a corrupted design could explode in your hand when you first turn it on. Because the design actually wants to hurt you.

So everything has to be trialed out thousands of times to make sure the machine wont just turn on you and kill you the second it is powered.

I can never get over how this huge walker puts a massive cannon on its back and then has it crewed by a single exposed trooper. Still love its aesthetics, though.

>>Scoria plus 10,000 years of chaotically enchanced religious tech-retardation

No, he can't but my next buy will be two Castellax, so I can add him as an allied detatchment as my "Oh yeah, I have a Primarch too" model in 2.5k games and such.

And the Warlord can be whoever, your first HQ choice must be a Magos or Archmagos Reductor, others can be whatever.

I'm sure if the dark mech had plans they'd have the many CSM warbands raid to gather the necessary stuff, even if the CSM were pissed about it they're gonna accept to get ahead of their competitors in the service of the dark gods.

You want me to raid that planet and bring you back XYZ? What's in it for me? A battalion of super mega tanks that can destroy the false emperor? Sign me up

Yeah, that part is kind of dumb. It would've been better as a remote-controlled turret operated from the inside. But still, most of the Clone Wars-era vehicles look cash.

I would love a transport/tank like this for AdMech, like a transportier version of the Dunecrawler

Its not bad with 3rd party wheels.

Cool conversion. That said, you or he forgot to hide the now inaccesible entrance.

Cadians have a carapace breastplate above their uniform made of flak fiber. It is normal when you think that the Cadians are the first line of defence against Abaddon and his Black Crusade.
But still, the carapace only protects the pecs and the shoulders, whereas the Kasrkins have a full body suit of it ; Which is why the Kasrkins have a better armor save than the guardsmen.

Where do you get the 6-piece wheel sets from, again?

I thought the rules stated that an archmagos MUST be your warlord if you have one in your army, and you can only have a maximum of one archmagos.

So it is then, that's sad.

They are probably pretty decent, yeah. There will be broken deathstar and flying circus builds involving huge numbers of winged daemon princes or sorcerers.

Actual fluffy TSons armies will have lots of AP3 shooting and dedicated flamethrower squads for killing Genestealers, but the models are points-inefficient, it will come down to rolling the right psychic powers. The Terminators can get Psychic Shriek guaranteed on each sergeant which is nice.

The entire army grossly lacks anti-tank firepower outside of whichever sorcerers roll Doombolt, so I suspect combi-meltas are the best upgrade for Rhinos, and Predator Annihilators are the best tanks for these guys. Alternatively, if you have a CAD you can get some bikes with meltaguns and stick them with sorcerers on disks.

The relics are extremely powerful. Giving daemonic flight to one unit within 12" each turn, any doubles on psychic test = power cannot be denied, and an AP2 at-initiative daemon force weapon that can wound anything with a leadership value on a 4+ at worst, are all great and are the real Chaos experience that the main codex fails to include.

Well, at least you can paint them white, and the rest of the army grey and black.

An Archmagos must be, but only in my Primary, since secondary detatchments cant have the Warlord in 30k. As the compulsory Magos Reductor doesn't have to be an Archmagos, I can hand him some basic upgrades and use him to buff tanks while hiding in a servitor unit.

Also tends to surprise people who manage to focus down Scoria and then don't get STW or LoW death points.

Not as much as Tau, even though Eldar are more powerful. Tau are powerful in a faggier way and also tend to draw more annoying players and are bullshit mary sues in the fluff that literally only win because of plot armour.

Not sure I fancy having the soft armour skin tone.

Is that Israels new bulldozer for clearing out the Gaza Strip?

>Limited Edition and 2 Sets of Dice
How was your Saturday, tg?

>since secondary detatchments cant have the Warlord in 30k
This is true in 40k as well. Your Primary Detachment is literally decided by which Detachment has the Warlord.

Flak's fine for stopping autoguns. It's just that most of the armies people play aren't using autoguns.

Blood and skulls, they have a lot of options. I think 1d4chans taurox article links to them. They use an ebay store.

Then why are they wearing it? If it is like made of paper, why don't get rid of the extra weight and divert labor to something more productive?

Fragmentation from explosives is still a legitimate concern. So are autoguns/lasguns from domestic threats, which flak can deal with.

GROSS

you could say that about any armor people have worn throughout history.
>why wear plate armor when crossbows and maces can go through it?
>why wear kevlar when it only stops some bullets?
It might not deal with most threats, but it deals with all the rest, like fragments, smaller arms fire, general injury, shit like that.

True, but as the detatchments are much more rigid in 30k it's a rule worth mentioning.

Because even if, in fiction, you'll see Space Marines and Tau battlesuits and Eldar Rangers, etc... In the fluff, the great majority of wars fought at all times by the Imperium are conflicts of humans vs humans, early state Ork invasions, or minor Xeno races. You could have a world with a local Imperial Guard regiment fighting against the equivalent of the Mass Effect turians, exterminating them for the Emperor, and their flak vests, even without the breastplate the Cadians sports, would do just fine to save their skins.

It's perfectly adequate versus the firepower wielded by orks, lesser tyranids, cultists and flying bits of buildings., the IG's principal enemies.

Working on tau counts as demons to melee mecha.

Would crisis suits be a better as plague drones or bloodcrushers?

>logan doesn't die
>magnus gets his butt kicked and send screaming into the warp by some dogs throwing rocks
chaosfags get btfo

Eldar are more like the punchbag of a lot of races too, so they are not that much hateable

Plague drones are jetpack cav, similar to crisis suits.

Until you get to the shit like "My detachment is a mandatory LoW...with 2 optional LoW....and 1 of them is my Warlord....and that's my entire army"