Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/A9y8v

Previous Thread:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50294296/

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c
discord.gg/BzdxS
discord.gg/y9hKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

Wait, you guys survived?

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

forgot the text:
AMGC Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.
Hint: it's not long.

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for updates and addons.

>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

I wondered where these threads went. They disappeared on the day of Sun/Moon's release so I assumed all the magical girls went into a pokemon-induced coma.

Sounds about right.

That is indeed what happened, yeah.

The SCS Worlds & Wishes supplement, for directly adapting AMGC characters into the SCS, getting advice on GMing, plenty of optional rules, and more. A FAQ is also included for some common questions.

Rolled 5, 14, 17, 2, 14, 17, 8, 9, 9, 13, 1, 6 = 115 (12d20)

Rolled 4, 4, 2, 3, 16, 16, 3, 14, 10, 3, 8, 12 = 95 (12d20)

bump

"dice+11d20"

Dice+11d20 in the options field.

No, not yet. You aren't allowed to die until I tell you why magic is pure cancer.

fuck off tawa

_____No._____

stop yourself tawa

Ever since that post I didn't even do anything Anti-Ma- Shit I complained to my brother about Bloodborne and Arcane Magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c

Oh there you are, Flamy, I thought for a (very short) while you died in a fire or something. Which would be ironic considering your name. How's the Discord?

You think I, the eternal Flamy, would die?

b-baka Discord's doing fine, though

question for all two of you world-builders out there:
What exactly IS the overcity? How did it come into being?

It is the Bar Keep's personal universe. He's the Over God of non-copyrighted Mahou Shoujo.

Its the hub. The worlds are in a great wheel, a gearing of universes twirling around in some great mechanism. The Overcity doesn't create anything, it is barren of anything but motive force. Thus those who have found themselves on it steal from those worlds currently linked to its gearing. They steal land, buildings, people, food, cultures, anything the people need to survive. It is the richest and poorest place in the multiverse; you can find anything within it from infinite worlds but you will never find anything made purely of the Overcity for if you tear away the roads and the subways and the dirt you will find only impossible metal.

A magical city of thieves, squatting at the heart of all the worlds and dreaming themselves the kings and queens of cast-offs.

Whoever or whatever created the Hub and all the worlds is largely irrelevant. The only thing that matters now is that the Hub has become the Overcity by its inheritors.

Some organizations claim to be in service to the Engineer of Creation, or descended from those who once served but no one takes them seriously.

bump

Can confirm that this is exactly what happened.

The Discord was dead outside of idle conversation for most of last week because almost all of our GMs were playing Pokemon.

Still no mahou shojou pokemon other than Sylveon and Misdreavus. Ralts line isn't in SM so you can't even do a 3v3 team.

You forget the Delphox line that goes familiar < magical girl < witch

That's not in the game, either. Can't do Magical Girl Team outside of 2/2 v 2/2 Multi Battles until January, and that's assuming I want to drop the $5 on Bank.

Rolled 1, 18, 13, 15, 13, 9, 10, 8, 3, 20, 16 = 126 (11d20)

Brionne is a magical faggot.

That's alot of chats.
Where do I go for the most active one?

Both. IRC gets more idle chatter, but Discord will have detailed conversations in bursts.

Rolled 20, 20, 19, 1, 6, 16, 12, 19, 16, 17, 15 = 161 (11d20)

Oh, yeah. New link for the Discord:
discord.gg/BzdxS

The IRC is practically dead after the last dramasplosion. It feels like its on it's last legs.

Discord-only user here. The hell happened? Is it the nonsense with Torque?

User of both here. This is a lie, and that man is a shitposter.

I see. Thanks for clarification.

It's an alternate dimension that takes the form of an infinitely large city. It overlaps with other dimensions and forms a sort of hub connecting all of the different parallel universes within the multiverse.

Rolled 16, 17, 19, 12, 13, 11, 1, 7, 16, 6, 12 = 130 (11d20)

I would hope so. There are... some good people there.

Rolled 5, 7, 10, 2, 5, 18, 18, 1, 20, 12, 19 = 117 (11d20)

Whoa hold up there!

>landkek

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Rolled 20, 10, 16, 20, 8, 20, 9, 16, 2, 16, 15 = 152 (11d20)

Natural Ageing Perk

Rolled 7, 17, 5, 13, 4, 20, 4, 13, 17, 15, 9 = 124 (11d20)

Sucks that Nanoha and Fate are completely cut from Vivid Strike. I kinda wanted to see them again. I love Nanoha's antics as a mother.

lets see what my rolls are!

Rolled 2, 6, 1, 5, 10, 10, 11, 9, 7, 9, 1, 13 = 84 (12d20)

what? the dice didn't work. oops

Rolled 12, 3, 20, 8, 18, 6, 4, 18, 20, 3, 17, 17 = 146 (12d20)

Oh snap, this seems cool

discord.gg/y9hKQ Discord link for today.

Designing the augments for making spells into T5 magic.

Give me your most broken spell effects.

Why does STR not give health in SCS but it does in the CYOA?

it does in mgx

I feel like the franchise as a whole could have been handled better.

Balance purposes. What, you WANT Fist users to be some of the highest non-magical DPS and also some of the best tanks?

Yeees? It doesn't have to provide STR x 10 like VIT, STR x 2-5 would feel good to me. It's a nice bump to fluffy builds not just minmaxers.
Then again I've never been a big fan of having to have your weapon stat be your primary. I want my girl to be strong but wield a dinky mystic wand anyway, damn it!

Can confirm, absolutely do. But I recognize that'd be pretty broken. I just want to punch things with impunity.

Trust me, you can be bulky and swing around a wand no problem. Metal and Stone builds are really good at this, but you could technically do it with just about anything. I've seen a Reinforce do it before.

I'll do some testing with low-scaling HP increases for STR, but it seems like it'd add complexity to the game that isn't really needed. I mean, people already complain that the SCS, while pretty deep, is definitely a complicated game to get into.

Maybe an Optional Rule or an Augment. The STR Boosting Gold augment is pretty mediocre, IMO, so maybe that could do it.

Let me give you an insider tip:
Blood Magic + Gifted on a spec/weapon combo that has a variable cost that improves damage. Then just build straight VIT and/or STR.

Test drove this a few weeks ago on a Metal/Melee+Fist and it rode like a dream.

Rolled 3, 15, 15, 18, 2, 11, 16, 10, 8, 8, 19 = 125 (11d20)

Alright, let's see how this HP scaling change works.

Alrighty then.
Origin Death
Age 10
Body OD (+1 STR*)
Spec Water (+1 STR; +2 AGI; +1 MAG)
Weap Fist (+2 STR)
Outf Skimpy (+1 AGI)
Powr Power of Friendship
Perks
Sorcery (+1 MAG*)
Hammerspace Handbag
Get out of Jail
Disguise Artifact
Awareness

STR 4(24)
AGI 3(7)
VIT 3(4)
MAG 4(6)
LUK 3(4)

All coins into STR. No coins spent elsewhere.

EVA +3(+8)
DEF 1(0)
Crit 6%(8%)

HP
v1.7 = 30(40)
+STR = 34(64)
+2xSTR = 38(88)
+3xSTR = 42(112)
+5xSTR = 45(160)

Pros:
>Gives more tankiness to STR-based builds and more durability to STR-granting Specs
>Lessens the impact of going hard-in on exclusively your damage stat for Melee and Fists.

Cons:
>Most of the specs that give STR either also give AGI/LUK, meaning that STR granting HP is also giving more durability to characters that already have decent EVA.
>Lessens the impact of going hard-in on exclusively your damage stat for Melee and Fists.

Definitely wouldn't want this in normal play. It helps lower-end characters scrape up a few extra HP, but helps min-maxed burst characters get WAY too much surviveability AND damage in tandem. The HP improvements for low-end isn't even that great since there's a bunch of different ways for a low-HP character to get ahead, even for casual builds that don't min-max. You could make an argument that Mystics and Ranged characters could use the extra HP, but Mystics have better access to spells that will keep them alive and Ranged has innately higher Evasion (meaning they won't get hit in the first place). Extra HP means virtually nothing to them since most of the time they shouldn't be putting themselves in high-risk situations anyway. Fists get too much damage to justify giving them bulk, and Melee is already the "Tanky Close-Range" option, so more HP doesn't really do anything for them but take out the player choice of "Damage or Durability", which is a choice that needs to exist.

So I'm gonna go with "Not happening" on the verdict here, but I'm willing to take comments.

Rolled 14, 20, 15, 13, 6, 20, 3, 19, 4, 13, 11 = 138 (11d20)

/me spins

How is everyone? Is there anyone who doesn't use either chat but is present in the threads?

There's barely people from the chats in here. I can't imagine this place gets too much actual traffic from the board.