Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Do awooooos make better PCs/cohorts/waifus/husbandos/meidos than fluffy tail kitsune?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11742582
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1021013
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1020058
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/serial-killer-vigilante-archetype
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1020053
dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some day, i dream of getting a non-degenerate OP

today is not that day.

Less Awoos more Nyaas.

Maelshits please go
REMOVE C@S

>was thinking of trying to get a animal-girl cohort
>accidentally memed myself into getting my half-elf's sister instead

On the bright side, at least I was saved from degeneracy, but now my PC has two girls in the party with him and he's not allowed to court either of them.

I tried to be a non-degenerate but it turned out I was too late and someone else sniped the thread creation.

No day will be that day user.

Who would YOU want in your RotJR party?

strawpoll.me/11742582

Vote for yourself if you'd like.

>not courting your sister

bro, walk like an egyptian.

Amalthea's Character sheet.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1021013

Thoughts on the Serial Killer archetype for vigilante?

I'm debating making a gestalt soulknife/serial killer vigilante for RotJR

Rinka's too then yay

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1020058

>Seeing everyone talking about characters
>Want to write up a new character
>Remember I still have a backstory for another character I have to write

Conceptually I love Serial Killer because their Ex Nightmare ability is actually enough that it can kill commoners. Your crime scenes are so scary is an elderly man sees it there is a legitimate chance he dies in his sleep that night.

My main issue is that they're an [evil] class. I think it's not too bad to get them to work as non-evil, but still they're about murder.

conceptually the character would be tracking down and killing the people who she believes were involved with the disappearance/murder of her brother, mostly ebil mages. I think with that there's potential that it could be ran as non-evil

>RotJR
>Angel-kin Aasimar Initiating Paladin/Fighter
>using Immortal Spark
>ended up with
>Str: 18
>Dex: 12
>Con: 14
>Int: 10
>Wis: 13
>Cha: 18

Feels good.

Single mother seeks good man the character.

>his sister is a fullblooded elf
>she was more like a mother-figure than a sister
>the other girl in the party is a motherly, middle-aged elf that has a family back home
>I'm just some loser out looking for adventure and a chance to fool around once my general do-gooding is done
>the only other member of the party is a tiger

these are desperate times

>pretending thats even slightly ok

How the shit is your base fort 2?

Not that user, but what's wrong with it?

Sorry, i combined an untyped bonus somewhere.

Oh, so she's only a half sister? even better!

>>the only other member of the party is a tiger
Are you implying that dating a tiger is not an option?

>Class Archetype literally called Serial Killer.
>Almost as kek worthy as the potential of a class called Murder Hobo.
>Complains about an evil class about doing evil things being Capital-E evil.

That's a whole 'nother level of autism there.

>ignoring age penalties
>ever ok
>not twinking minmaxing bs

I want to make fun of the 100 milk. But i think that's low hanging fruit. Like her boobs

DM said no SLA chart, you have to roll for it later with him.

say goodbye to your bullshit stats

This isn't the SLA chart. It's the alternate class feature.

But how else was I supposed to make kobolds better in 3.x?

Well, if I remember correctly, only the Vigilante Identity needs to be evil. Meaning the social identity can be neutral. I GM'd a mystery in my campaign that involved that archetype, the character believed the only thing people truly understand is fear, and targeted gangs under the guise of "this town is Mine" kinda deal when in his killer identity.

>implying it isn't possible to kill things in sneaky fashion without being evil.

k.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/serial-killer-vigilante-archetype

It's basically sneak attack, studied target, charm hex, death attack and spooky corpses as class features. None of those necessarily mandate being evil.

They aren't low-hanging, they're full enough that they're kept round and pert.

i don't know, maybe jumping off a bridge.

The Jollylante books also have the Unbound Ethics social talent. Makes it so your two identities don't need to be close to each other anymore. So you could have an LG social ID and a CE vig ID.

So completely ignoring the nightmare that would be statting out this character in his entirety, how would you, personally, go about statting out a character that can do what he's doing in this picture?

That seems a bit excessive! I just wanted to play a kobold and not be awful...

Well that's just some temporarily extended reach.

There's precedent for things that only increase reach on your turn, not increasing your threatened area.

TOO BAD PEN PEN

Isn't there an ability in the WMH to let you have range increments for your melee weapon? Just put that on an AoMF or Necklace of Natural Attacks or some such.

Use a different system

Well, if we're doing all the character sheets, here's Agatha.

Changed her from Angelkin to Human (Dual Talented) because I realized she would use next to nothing from Aasimar, so, may as well.

+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Str.

Lose the light sensitivity.

Done.

Ya done goofed, friend.

Aaaand I didn't actually paste in the sheet. myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1020053

Been meaning to ask. Anyone got a pregnancy chart?

So make a custom race? But I was talking about the real kobolds. -4 str, +2 dex, -2 con.

user please, he may have many issues, but an Oedipus complex is not on the agenda.

>mfw my GM agreed to letting me trade a feat or revelation later on to give my tiger the intelligence scaling and such of a familiar
>mfw I only wanted this so I could justify being able to have the tiger perform threat assessment and better assist with keeping watch
>mfw custom magic items are a total possibility, such as one to let an animal take human form

Stop giving me these ideas, I told myself no degeneracy.

>tfw designing comically edgy character for RotJR
>start off with a tiefling
>decide to be a Ravenlord Harbinger for one half focusing on Cursed Razor and Mithral Current
>considering what is a good second half to my edge
>settling on Insinuator Anti-paladin
>problem is Cha/Int split
>Warlord isn't nearly as edgy
Help. I have also figured out a way to transform my arms into katanas.

Does anyone know when the rest of the playtest archetypes are coming out? I really liked talented tactician.

>being unironically this edgy

Rinka would think that you were cool as shit

Try this.

dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0

I've got a quick question if anyone could help me out.

I'm playing a 5th level ninja (unchained) and our group was fighting off a horde of zombies when a shapeshifter attacked me. I went invisible to try and flank but as soon as I went invisible it tried to run. It ran past me provoking an attack of opportunity. I hit but my DM wouldn't allow me to add sneak attack damage to the damage roll which would have killed it. I mean, wouldn't you be caught off guard if some bitch with a sword was somewhere and you had no idea where she was?

Basically my question is, in what instances do I get to roll sneak attack damage?

Imagine the rumors.

Your GM is a cheating whore. You were invisible, you get your sneak attack damage.

>I have also figured out a way to transform my arms into katanas.

So the real question here is this.

Did it have some way of detecting you? Because if it can't then it was flatfooted against your attack. However if it had Blindsense, temorsense, scent, blindsight, or lifesense it knew exactly where you were and was not flatfooted against the sttack.

Creatures are still denied their dex bonus to AC if they can't actually see you though. Blindsense, scent, and temorsense tell you what square a creature is in, but not what they're doing.

It gets worse. I've already taken two Damnation Feats and plan on having them all.

>dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0
Neat

>18 14 14 9 7 18
>not 18 14 14 10 8 17
Why?
Also where is the +9 damage coming from?

user please I don't think he's pic-related levels of desperate yet. He's got enough charisma to score like a normal person.

I also already did this gag with a sorcerer and his Sage familiar once. In that instance, the familiar was smug as fuck because she was smarter than her master.

>being this damned by the darkness

Rinka wishes she could be this cool

That's exactly what I told him. If the enemy can't see me, I automatically get the drop on them.

I don't think it did. It's a pretty scraggly thing that fucked with us while in this fortress. I understand what you're saying is 100% possible though. He was being a bitch about it. I let it go, but that just made me question when I get my sneak dice.

Because I'm obsessed with even numbers in the stats I care about. Though, that does make a bit more sense, I'll think on it.

The +9 is:

+4 Str, +2 Dragon Style, +2 Discipline Focus, +1 Heavy Hitter

???

>Be Warlord
>Have Warning Presence
>Designate yourself as the person who gets to act in the surprise round no matter what.
>Have Warleader
>Have the Lookout feat
>Entire team gets to act in the surprise round if you're ambushed.

Can someone check my logic on this?

>Stating out Bartran Thighfield, the Halfling Questioner | Urban barbarian!
>Skill distribution is a mess

when did PFG turn into this anime waifu shit posting?

>waifu shitposting
Not that much going on in this thread yet

But

>rotjr campaign announced

that one

Probably around the same time they felt the need to section us off to our own thread.

oh please user

We chose this

THIS IS OUR HOLE

I know this image has been around for ages, but I think you're misinterpreting it now. The guy does not want to fuck the cat because he's that desperate to fuck something.
He wants to fuck the girl he like even after she becomes cat. That's not desperation, that's purest love.

>abigcatisfinetoo.jpg

Well, the phrase "fucks like a tiger" exists for a reason...

Never heard of it.

I don't think the recipient of "purest love" says they're done for after the one making the proposal makes their move.

I'm confused, what parts are runelords and what parts are jade regent?

I just realized that neither Urban Barbarian or Urban Bloodrager would allow one to cast while raging.

Bummer, I wanted to make the rage aspect the adrenaline junky part. I may still have a way to make it work, though.

Why does /pfg/ have such a bad reputation on Veeky Forums?

uhhh, Urban Bloodragers DEFINITELY can still cast while raging.

its a core feature of the bloodrager class.

Man, have you even read these threads? It's obvious. We're a containment thread, they should be thanking us for existing.

The first book of Runelords, then straight into the entirety of JR.

have you read us? Its godawful

Yeah they can, but not spells of other classes, like Questioner. Blood Casting specifically forbids it.

rage power moment of clarity

That works well enough.

>teasing consensual tiger vore
how is this Veeky Forums related?

It was a cute story, at least. I recommend Nickelodeon to everyone. The frog one was... disheartening, though.

And this is relevant how?

The picture was in response to inter party relationships. It was to show that not all the party members should be crossed off just because they're a tiger.

Are there any GMs NOT running a weebtrash/magical realm degenerate game?

Hai! I'm running a normal Iron Gods game!

Recruiting? Gamefinder is way too hit and miss with 90% more miss

he is. Its not for me cause of time restrictions but maybe it'll work for you

Its ok if I think Downan is the best living author today in all genres of literature?

No, sorry. I was just running it for IRL friends. I didn't meant to get your hopes up like that. I just wanted to say that some people are running normal games.

Sorry, I must be a different person than who you're thinking of.

Fair enough, I wish you luck with the adventure path man

Voynich was great too! I like their work and art style. It's just that one frog comic from Nickelodeon that really gets me down.

WELL WHAT THE HI-DIDDLY-FUCKIN-HO DO WE HAVE HERE? A FRANKLY MEDIOCRE TROVE UPDATE, ONLY FOUR GODDAMN MONTHS BEHIND SCHEDULE? A HOLY MIRACLE TRULY BLESSES US RIGHT UP OUR COLLECTIVE SPHINCTERS TODAY!

PAIZO - HORROR ADVENTURES
PAIZO - VILLAIN CODEX
PAIZO ADVENTURE PATH - CURSE OF THE CRIMSON THRONE (2016)
PAIZO CAMPAIGN SETTING - PLANES OF POWER
PAIZO PLAYER COMPANION - BLOOD OF BEASTS
PAIZO PLAYER COMPANION - DIVINE ANTHOLOGY
PAIZO PLAYER COMPANION - LEGACY OF DRAGONS

DDS - SHIPS OF SKYBOURNE
DDS - THE PLAYER'S GUIDE TO SKYBOURNE
DDS - VIGILANTES OF SKYBOURNE

DSP - AKASHIC MYSTERIES
DSP - MONSTER CLASSES - SAVAGE RACES 2
DSP - MONSTER CLASSES - GIANTS AND REPTILES
DSP - SOULKNIVES 2
DSP - SOULKNIVES 3

EVERYMAN GAMING - KITSUNE COMPENDIUM

LEGENDARY GAMES - LEGENDARY SWASHBUCKLERS
LEGENDARY GAMES - LEGENDARY VILLAINS: VIGILANTES

PURPLE DUCK GAMES - KINETICISTS OF PORPHYRA 1-3
PURPLE DUCK GAMES - PSYCHIC WARRIORS OF PORPHYRA

Well there we go. Bartran isn't optimised or anything, and he's the opposite of a combat monster, leaving those roles for others. Instead, he's a bit of a jack of all trades, which means he's terrible since this is Pathfinder, but I've figured that it wouldn't harm that much considering how everyone else is building.