We talk about Veeky Forums's demographic

People who are not able to find an enjoyable and/or solid gaming group are the ones who browse Veeky Forums the most.

80% of the visitors here only post if they see something they can complain about.

I don't even play games, I just like hanging around shooting the shit and making things up.

>and making things up
Yep, this is how Veeky Forums feels like.

Why would you just make things up? I don't play games either but I don't go as far as to just make up lies on the internet!

I play every 1-2 weeks, but I like to come here to ask questions about my ideas or to learn about and discuss the ideas of others.

Or just to talk about characters getting fucked in the ass.

Because it's fun and entertaining and realitiy is what you make it.

Also the whole "The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact." thing.

I get to play every 2-3 months for 2 to 4 days in a row since I don't have a LGS near me and got to travel 90 miles to visit a buddy for Magic and 30k in the 3 (yea fucking 3 in an under 20 mile radius) LGSs near him.

I come here to talk about games, lists, whatever the rest of the time since Veeky Forumsing is dead in my area.

I dont play games either I just collect GW and bolt action stuff like a chump. I bought a bolt action set to play with my brother but still not got a game yet

Tbh I'm here for the historic pics, fantasy art and pics of cool models.

Armor doesn't work very well when it's got Chinks in it.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to roleplay, but has a considerably hard time finding groups to play with, especially the games I want to play.

For instance, I had a pain in my ass trying to get a Houses of the Blooded campaign going, as most people hated the idea of a drama-intense game which had it's own culture, one that needed reading up on.
Most people whom I end up RPing with are autistic bastards, total /b/tards, or both.

But, this is Veeky Forums, I suppose...

I have a decently regular weekly IRL game on top of... At this point, five online games with two others due to start up some time soon. I also visit a local board games club and occasionally meet up with friends to play miniatures games.

On the Veeky Forums front, life is pretty good.

But user, hanging around shooting the shit and making things up is probably one of the most traditional games of all!

I like coming by to check out various character art threads that pop up, and interesting questions.

Most of my in-person group is composed of fa/tg/uys, and we get along pretty well. My online group has some rocky moments, but we calm them down.

Generally speaking, I see Veeky Forums as a decent place to get discussions going. A springboard for topics that I then bring up to my party and we all discuss the questions at length. We all take turns GMing, so we take some of the good bits we find on Veeky Forums and bring them in to the games we play and run.

I really like Veeky Forums. Even if you all are a bunch of autists, you're my kind of autists.

It's mostly NARPfags making funny maymay 40k and deendee and LORE posts, probably only a tenth of the board or less actually plays games.

Veeky Forums is basically the neckbeard lounge.

Hanging out with normalfag coworkers all day takes its toll.

I guess I'm a minority here, since I both play and GM. I also had a homebrew phase few years ago, now using all the shit created back then as semi-universal setting.

Said that, I use different threads to both vent out the anger on my different groups and players and ask for advice how to deal with the shit they do, as it's always better to ask other people about opinions rather than try to fix shit yourself when the "do it yourself" obviously doesn't work.

And I like to derail threads about shit I don't like, because I just can't stand certain threads popping out on Veeky Forums and eating out space.

I mainly play board games, and I mainly just come here to shitpost about RPGs. So I guess that supports your hypothesis?

I DM 5E once a week and I am thinking of branching into RT/DH. I have a group that wants to play but I've not got a solid enough grasp of the rules to dm them yet.

I used to play 40k and used to compete in painting contests so I like looking at the WIP/painting threads. I can't draw for toffee but love looking at the drawthreads.

TG is great if you want to find a rulebook or character art.

Overall I only found this place because you guys raided pol a lot. But I am glad I did.

underrated post

I play and hobby as much as I'm able too, but I'm a depressed fuck and this is as close to real human contact as I can get on a regular basis.

I play board games pretty frequently. Every week or two, with the occasional lull when shit gets busy.

RPGs are my favorite, but they're mostly one-to-three session deals a couple of times per year. Long campaigns were mostly a high school thing (dropped in and out of like three ongoing ones) with a little extra between graduating and going to college (ran a campaign for a year or two; it was glorious).

I talk more about RPGs despite getting fewer opportunities to play. Partly because there's a little more meat on that discussion. Partly because it seems like there are a lot of novices here and I picked up a lot of helpful tricks when I played more.

One of these days I hope shit settles down enough and I can find a stable group to refine my homebrew with. Even if it's way the fuck down the road when I've got teenage kids.

>People who are not able to find an enjoyable and/or solid gaming group are the ones who browse Veeky Forums the most.
This is me unfortunately. I started off with D&D 5e about six months ago and had an amazing group that disbanded after a few weeks. After that it's been nothing but fighting tooth and nail to find people that enjoy it as much as I do. I'm not some "all day erry day" autist, I just want to run a two to four hour game once a week. Is that too much to ask? I get so much inspiration from Veeky Forums and spend hours just writing down and stating shit I want to include in my campaign one day but I almost never have a chance to use it.

Storytime because why not.
Three years ago, I was an Army officer cadet at a pretty prestigious school. Majored in History. For almost 2 years, I trained every single day, got noticeably stronger and smarter every single day. Depression hits seemingly overnight. After about 2 months of delinquency and 2 suicide attempts, I'm kicked out of ROTC. Another month goes by and my professors warn the dean that they think I'm in trouble. Get medical leave from my college. Start seeing a therapist and put on a mild antidepressant. Depression is under control but never gone. Now, here I am in bumfuck Jersey after 3 years, living with my parents, at a community college, studying film, going nowhere, getting fatter and shittier every single day.

>People who are not able to find an enjoyable and/or solid gaming group are the ones who browse Veeky Forums the most.

I'm usually in at least one regular game, often two, and usually have a Veeky Forums tab open whenever I'm using a computer. Am I just autistic?

compelling research

I've never played a tabletop game in my life.

I came here from /b/ for civ games years ago, and stay for art dumps and setting discussions

>like complaining all the time
>can't find enjoyable gaming groups
>like making shit up

I present to the court of public opinion that these aforementioned facts lead to one inextricable conclusion:

We are all little girls.

The smug anime face is always right.

Can't argue with that logic.

I come to Veeky Forums to get ideas for homebrew.
I DM and I play.
Don't ever post though.

>>Don't ever post though.
>He stated in his post

I'm just here for /EDHG/, but sometimes there's other shit that's interesting

I mostly hang around for /swg/, since it's a lot better than Reddit or dedicated forums for discussion.I also occasionally get drunk and post my true stories. I tend to post here more often when I'm in between games, but I never ask for advice so much as field ideas and see how people react.

Put effort back into working out and connect with people working out, it helps.

>2 attempts at suicide
>Survived both
How in god's name?

Threw up the pills I took while unconscious one time

Campus Security stopped me from jumping off a parking garage the second time.

>I don't even play games, I just like hanging around shooting the shit and making things up.

Been 10 years since I last larped. about 12-15 since I played a wargame - Necromunda, I think. 20 since I was doing tabletop RPGs.

but fun to indulge in my nostalgia of Battletech and just generally talking about gaming.

Too true

Doesn't sound like you tried very hard to me, don't worry though I'm sure you'll get there some day.

Thanks, user, /r9k/ level emotional support

Op pic obviously want to protect herself from molestation with Vienna Sausages, choose European armor as it reminds her that there are big man size penises some ware on the other side of the world

You and everyone else had made that joke

You're welcome buddy, good luck with the whole dying thing.

you too, my man

I GM for my buddies whenever we all get back in France, doesn't happen very often, like 3 times a year, since we're all spread out around the world.
So I also GM for my uni's RPG society, and I play and paint 40k and 30k. I'm happy with how things are. Slowly making my armies, doing a few games a month, getting crushed almost every time but xe have a good time and I get to learn after each defeat so no biggie.

I have a great group that I never complain about and I spend a ton of time on Veeky Forums.

Thanks mate, here's hoping it's soon and in my sleep!

I've never played tabletop in my life I just enjoy fantasy and discussing random shit here whenever it pops up.

Also love me some character art.

I'd play DnD if i was ever asked but I'm hardcore MtG. I like the unique posts like that succubus repopulate the world one earlier today. Also custom mtg threads. Avoid all the general threads.

I come to Veeky Forums for storythreads (the by-weekly writing ones) world-building, folklore, mythology and general narrative discussions.I write and I have a big interest in fantasy as a genre (I don't like it, but I think it holds at least in theory a lot of potential). I've GM'd a few times in my life, but not frequently enough to make it even worth mentioning.

I do lurk absolute majority of my time here, and really only occasionally butt in on the few, mostly book and writing related subjects. I suppose this is not really the proper board for me, but I still find the discussion around here to be better than nearly anywhere else - at least as long as I stick to subjects that I understand and avoid any history-related discussion (seriously, history related discussions here fucking suck and most people who participate in them need to be shot).

I'm a Forever GM so most of my posts are complaining about my fucking idiot players who can't tell their elbows from their assholes.

I dunno, I like Veeky Forums the most when we're being creative.

The regulars I go here for is /40krpg/ and /wip/, to kill time. That, and whatever otherwise amusing is around. I was thinking of trying my luck on the gamefinder threads, but I've got two IRL groups and would have even more if I had the time, so I don't really feel the need.

Holy shit, how bad were those players at EDH? Like, literally trying to build shit decks or something?

What kinda games do you run?

Mostly just D&D. I used to run Pathfinder, but I got so burned out on it that I nearly quit tabletop altogether. 5e got me back in, but lately I've been looking to broaden my horizons and run a wider variety of games. Been considering something modern with GURPS, kinda wanna do some sorta psychic secret agent conspiracy thing with my group, a little bit Metal Gear Solid-ish, with operators operating operationally and having weird gimmicky powers.

Have you ever thought about taking a break from hack-and-slash kinda games, and more to the theater-and-improv kinds of games/
I used to play/GM D&D and whatnots almost exclusively, but then I started doing World of Darkness games and John Wick's games (Houses of the Blooded, 7th Sea, etc.) and I haven't looked back.

I have a regular and enjoyable gaming group as well as a seperate crappy one. I like to collect potential character art as well as ideas for campaigns to run. Plus I check out the MTG threads occasionally.

I actually really like hack and slash games, both running and playing.

Cool. If you weren't, I could see why you'd grow tired of it. I know I did.

That's fair. My problem isn't the system, it's my idiot players.

I have three stable on going games with three different groups of people.

Does that make me like the neckbeard version of a Chad?

Have you thought about penalizing them?
Like, if they don't know the answer to a particularly question in the rules, to let it slide? Or if they forget a name OOC, don't remind them, forcing them to forget IC?

I've also shared a table with some monumentally shitty players, at which point I just cut them out.

i literally spend all day shitposting and asking how to make an army if i were to stop shitposting

>don't even play tabletop
>mfw threads bitching about SJWs ruining tabletop

Oh wow, that's actually hilarious.
I didn't even notice that until about two weeks ago, when I joined a 5e group. I was going to play a tabaxi rogue, who would replace the liability waiver for the crew he was joining with one that promised "a dozen cans of tuna and use of the first mate's wife", because "someone had to dangle my yarn for me".

The one female saw this, inferred it as a rape joke, and wouldn't shut up about it. After I spoke back against her, she and a white knight who had defended her ragequit and left the group, prompting the GM to dissolve the campaign before it had even started.

I enjoyed my wine that evening.

>we talk about Veeky Forums's demographic

I don't PLAY Veeky Forums-related stuff, but I illustrate and write Veeky Forums-related material, so I really love and appreciate the world building generals and all those other discussion threads talking about fantasy this, trope that- Veeky Forums's creativity is really endearing and refreshing.

I also really like Veeky Forums because most creative discussion whatevers have become echo chambers for the worst, most emotionally unstable, disgusting, opinionated, politically-motivated scum and it's preventing any kind of refreshing or genuine creativity from happening.

It's currently just a hobby for me and I'm happy with that, but one day I'd love to have a modest career in the industry.

I've played a shitload of RPGs over the course of my life but nothing recently as both scheduling and the players in my group have grown more difficult. People aren't as enthusiastic as they were when they were younger, and most of them have gotten increasingly finicky. So the last several games I've run have gone badly and that and the difficulty of making new friends / breaking a bunch of new players in has resulted in an extended dry spell for me. But regardless, I'm always fiddling about with rules, and much of what I post about on Veeky Forums is related to that sort of thing. I'm not here to gripe and moan (any negativity you may detect this post notwithstanding). I'm here to be creative.

>There's a chink in my armor!

Even when I am in a group, I prefer to talk about settings and dragon fetishes here more than about how my game's going.
Because we're all new as fuck to gaming and our most recent encounter was spiders attacking our sleeping party of mostly dragonborn before they got pecked to death by my aarakocra - that is, aside from the one that rolled a one and, according to the DM, "exploded."

I want to talk about neat and interesting things, not just bitch about how the DM is treating 1s and 20s as "oh boy time for impossible things to come true".

I uh. don't fit this demographic.
>Don't have or look for game right now, but I'm most active on Veeky Forums in the generals of game's I'm playing in, running, or planning a campaign for.
>Only play games in meatspace, with people I am friends with, rather than strangers of any kind.
>Post regularly in forums of interest.

Do what we did! Start a social club in your area. Admittedly this has hurdles, but they can be overcome.
>Find 3-5 people to run the club.
>Arrange social events to help prospective gamers meet eachother several times a year.
>Find a way to book/rent gaming space as the club, for people who can't find anywhere to run a game.
>Run a matchmaking service for the gamers in your area.
>Profit (In the form of tons of games in your area).
>Never be dumb enough to move away from your gaming utopia like I did.
I miss london ontario.

Hm. Found the chink in my armour.

I run several groups with varying regularity due to schedule conflicts and just started a new one with a co-worker and some of her friends, I work at a company involved with tabletop gaming so there is always someone wanting to play the new thing or run DnD. I also paint minis on the regular. I mostly come here to check out /wip/ and look for interesting worldbuilding or dm tips to steal for my own use

Nah, a chad is that one player that ninjas the loot, eats all the food and never gives back

I came here for the first time because i was just getting into TTRPG and war gaming and i thought i could learn wisdom here. I did in fact learn some things that were helpful. And saw a lot that wasn't. I stay because....well fuck i don't know why, i just find myself here for some reason.

I DM for a group of 6 people every week. They are my closest group of friends. They begged me to be their DM, and we all have a good time.

I come here to get feedback on some of my plans.

Someone seems to have decided to take the initiative, and help find games for the gameless: I say we help them out.

moar?

Everyone needs a break, man :)

I have Pathfinder sessions with my friends pretty much weekly. Not a perfect system, I know. But we have fun, that's the important part.

I've noticed this, and it's truly deplorable. I literally had to go to /pol/ to ESCAPE the shitposting on Veeky Forums because it had gotten so depressing.

It isn't even good shitposting, it's tedious. Every other thread is about how bad gamers are, how bad they small, awful stories about them, all of this shit that is so clearly fabricated or cherrypicked cases of autism in an otherwise perfectly friendly hobby.

And if you do find a thread about a game that isn't as esoteric as the Pseudoapocrypha of St. Paul you have to swim through endless waves of mindless hostility just to discover the faintest trace of actual discussion about it, unless you're talking about MtG in which case you merely have to be interested in the money sink to end all money sinks with a Dominic Deegan-tier plot and setting(s) that burns the delving lore-loving heart like the acid reflux from a Pastrami and Jalapeno sandwich on two cups of coffee and a sleepless night.

And if you're willing to confine yourself to one of the very few decent threads you will find inevitably that all discussion devolves into either depressing comparisons of waifus or Tripfag dick measuring contests.

Browsing Veeky Forums is like being beaten to death with a wiffle bat, it takes forever, it's increasingly annoying and nobody will believe you when you talk about it.

I don't even play games. I wish I could, but I haven't got a single creative bone in my body. I come here to play vicariously through stories that other people tell about their experiences and the world building threads.

It's sort of like reading a fantasy novel knowing you'll never be a wizard, except it's watching other people pretend to be wizards knowing you'll never have the friends or imagination to do that. A terrible chain of fantasies.

Sounds about right.

You can do it man. Go to your LGS if it's anything like mine i am sure you can find a group. It doesn't take all that much creativity to be a player at first, and you can get better as you go. You are new they will understand

I actively play games and answer about twice a day, whenever I know something about a topic.
I limit shitposting and name calling to a minimum.
I am the one percent.

Sadly I don't even have an LGS. I'm a long haul truck driver and I'm just never going to be in the same place long enough to get to know a group of people or show up to more than one session. I'd be a permanent one time nuisance to every group I encountered. They might be understanding, but I'd never improve beyond perhaps perfecting character creation.

I spend all day on the road dreaming up fantasy worlds, governments, alliances, histories, and religions but I have zero creative power to make characters so it's a moot point anyhow. I'll take what I can get, and that's a glimpse into people having a good time here. It's enough for me.

Just how insecure are you?

....damn. Online maybe? I don't suppose there is any sort of consistency to your schedule at all is there? A home base where your house is or something?

Why does that mermaid have an ass?

I never ever played anything else than single game of AD&D.

I pretend to be expert of different games, basing my entire knowledge on reading Veeky Forums for almost 5 years now.

I've actually learned how 3.PT, GURPS, Fate and Twilight 2000 work without ever playing them.

For me it is easier to find collage/university girls to dress up for me, go to a coffee in said outfit while I teach them calculus or get them to clean my place in a tiny maid outfit.

Than it is to find a proper gaming group. Hell I even try to play a short dark heresy game with said dress up girls. Not the same, fun yes, but not the same.

90% of the people here never played anything in their life and just like the idea of tabletop.

I highly doubt that. And you are one of the worst types of people on this board. At least download the pdfs and read them to make sure you actually know what the rules are.

As to the thread, I'm an oldfag who has been coming here for far too many years, and only in the past year or so have I stopped actually playing tabletop gaming due to my Social Phobia getting pretty bad.

off topic, but that is why you don't joust in a fucking gothic sallet helm.

Seriously look how dented in the bevor (thingie covering the mouth/chin area) is from the hit. He's fucked up.

Autism rant over

Just how high are you?

I play legacy or pauper MTG once or twice a week, have a weekly boardgame night/potluck, and have a semi-biweekly pnp game.
No problems finding people to play with here.

Squats and sea oats.

>At least download the pdfs and read them to make sure you actually know what the rules are.
And what makes you sure I didn't? My entire point is how I've became armchair expert by just reading them and about them, but never playing them.

personally i think Veeky Forums is mostly made up of people who can't resist replying to bait so weak it would be laughed off any other board

just a hunch tho

I'm in a gaming group. We meet every other week at my place. We started playing D&D months ago but we haven't played it in a while.

I don't come here to complain. I like looking at the art threads, taking ideas for a superhero campaign I may never run, and general comfiness.