/kdm/ - Kingdom Death General

Old Thread >wtf is kingdom death
A game by a company of the same name, released a few years ago. It has 12 expansions, and the core game is getting a reprint. It is on kickstarter now. kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

>how does shipping work
Game will ship out in waves, starting in 2017, and ending in 2020. Each wave will have its own pledge manager, and you will pay shipping for it once they are ready to ship that wave.

>how do addons work
Just increase the amount you are pledging by the cost of the add on. For example, if you are backing at the $50 level, and would like the First Hero expansion ($35), you would leave your pledge LEVEL the same, but change the pledge AMOUNT to $85.

>do I need both the core game and the update pack?
The Kickstarter is to fund a new edition of the game. If you get the game through the Kickstarter, it will have the update pack already included. If you already own the core game, you need to by the update pack to make everything compatible.

>do I need the update pack to use new expansions?
We don't know yet, but that may be the case. Other way, there are no levels you can back at that don't include either the update pack, or the updated core game, so any base pledge you get will be compatible with the new expansions either way.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath/comments/5f2esh/visualization_of_the_original_kickstarter_items/
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161127T22&p0=16&font=cursive&csz=1
fddlstyx.com/miniatures/a-complete-miniature-list-for-kingdom-death-monster/
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Lelouch

The fucker are you talking about? It is clearly a JoJo.

reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath/comments/5f2esh/visualization_of_the_original_kickstarter_items/

Is today the 8th anniversary of the Assumption of the Immaculate Noodleman?

He should be awake in about 2 hours, and post the update another 2 after that. Given it's the weekend, it will probably be just a die roll and the new pinup, and that's it.

That's plenty for me to fap to.

Reminder that Black Friday slots are getting closed today. Make sure you are nestled securely in the one you want!

satans are not black friday right ?

i am currently at the 200 pledge so i can get the gamblers chest as add on if i want it and/or just switch to the 750 pledge.

somehow i am still thinking about the satan pledge but thats more because i want all old expansions and new expansions and i dont know yet how much those cost

In what sense? I'm pretty sure I grabbed my BF Deluxe Survivor on the first KS after more than a month or so from a different pledge level. ;)
I doubt he can actually lock them.

No, he can't. He can just change the number available to be the number who currently have it, which means you can only grab it if someone else drops their pledge.

JIBUN WOOOOOO
sekai saemo kaete shimaesouna
Shunkan wa itsumo sugu sobani

Kakusenu iratachi to
Tachitsukusu jibun wo mitsume

Mayoi nagara nayami nagara kuyami nagara
Kimerebaii sa
Kimiga kureta kotoba hitotsu tomadoi wa kiesari

Karappo datta boku no heya ni hikari ga sashita

Miageta oozora ga aoku sumikitte yuku
Tozashita mado wo hiraku koto wo kimeta
Jibun wo sekai saemo kaete shimae souna
Shunkan wa itsumo sugu sobani?

Mitase nu nichijou ni
Aru hazu no kotae wo sagashi te

Asahi ni hitori yawaraka na koe ni furimuke ba

Mabayui hizashi no naka futo kimi ga hohoemu
Tozashi ta mado ga hiraki sou ni naru

Jibun wo sekai sae mo kae te shimae sou na
Sonzai wa boku no me no mae ni?
Miageta oozora ga aoku sumikitte yuku
Tozashita mado wo hiraku koto wo kime ta
Jibun wo sekai sae mo kaete shimae sou na
Shunkan wo kanjiru ima koko ni?
Hikari e to ryoute o nobashi te?

Kokoro wo fukinukeru sora no iro kaoru kaze

Code gay season 3

Would be kinda disappointing if we hit the 5mil milestone with no fanfare. I hope we get more than that.

There will be something. Poots is too much of a showman not to.

i just need to know how much all new expansions will cost.

i am gonna change my 200 back to 750 and then get expansions. if that shit ups to like 1600 i might as well take satan.

>implying satan won't take you first

POOTS WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY

which characters that you can buy are incorporated in the story ?

What story?

Off the top of my head, Fade, White Speaker, Percival (I think), Twilight Knight...

Mostly just expansion figures. But there are a half handful of one-offs that have a story event card with them. But it's just that. A simple story event, and a model to match. They won't be buddy buddy teaming up with you to fight a lion, or anything.

Although you -could- use some of the promo figures as stand ins. If you get a silk surgeon, for example, there's really no reason you couldn't use one of the doctor figures to represent your character. Or a Twilight Knight to stand in for a Twilight Sword wielder.

I don't recommend holding a half handful of Kingdom Death figs in one hand. They're delicate, will get tangled and could ruin a paint job or break. And that would be unfortunate.

>revealed 4 stretch goals
>out of 40+ stretch goals already funded
>possibly more to come
Just take Satan.

If you mean characters that add to the game, currently the Kickstarter has First Hero and Dragon King available.

what is the consensus on the hold expansions. and if they will become rare?

like what if you just back the 927 pledge and then buy the old expansions later.

i can probably loan the money from my brother and pay back in terms but man. that sounds pretty degenerate.

>buy the old expansions later
Some of them are already sold out, though.
Dragon King was for a long time even, guess it is so popular it needed a reprint.
But other than the DK I think Manhunter, Lion and Flower Knight are sold out, too.

i know its been posted already but is there a link to the ratings of all expansions somewhere?

also maybe a thing for the OP

Most of this comes down to taste I guess, but from what I heard many people like the Dragon King, Dung Beetle Knight and Gorm.
And the Lion God is almost always said to be utter shit tier.

Form is only good if you ignore the rules and just get rid of its settlement event entirely.

But the best bang for your buck are the Knight expansions.

I'm still surprised Poots doesn't give a Green Knight bundle.

I need to correct myself, we have almost 50 stretch goals already funded.
I mean, what else you would spend that money on?

50??? I Only see a few pinups and the shattered 1.5 base changes.
I heard with dragon king, you arent supposed to use other expansions in the same campaign for balancing issues. If true then this is probably the only one ill buy.

galaxy trucker. a wii plus remote. backing pantheon. donkey konga 2 plus bongo. a new bloodbowl board. more kickstarter. more nintendo games. the game of thrones LCG from FFG.

From what I hear Gorm, D-king, and Sunstalker are the most popular with honorable mentions to Flower Knight and Dung Beetle while Lion God and Lonely Tree are bottom of the barrel

Bases are just painted as if shattered, it's been said so many times that I don't even

If you are playing the People of the Stars campaign, ye maybe.
But if you only take the DK as a quarry you could mix em with everything I´d say.

>I heard with dragon king, you arent supposed to use other expansions in the same campaign
What? It only affect the settlement

Nonononono user, I meant poots foolishly made the stretch goals for what gets added to 1.5 $100,00-$2,000,000, hence they have been "shattered". I'm not a dumbfuck I understand how paint works.

What about spiderman and slenderman? I never seen anyone talking about them

i want more dancers and use those as survivors.

There's stretch goal every 100k. funding is already nearing 5 million. The stretch goals beyond 400k just weren't announced yet, because nobody expected things to escalate this quickly.

Uhhh... if those are your other options, definitely get the Satan.

Countdown to $5 milloon. Also guesses on update 6? Probably new expansion announced given the milestone.

Uh, in that case, I really need to apologise, it's just that I had a very bad discussion an the subject when the Kickstarter launched.
Poots was never known for careful planning, you are completely right there. He needs to hire someone for that since he keeps fucking up.

REEEEEE

SATAN BACK INCOMING.

i have a 200$ pledge
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161127T22&p0=16&font=cursive&csz=1
for who wants.

anyone here need the 200 pledge?

Dragon King can mix with whatever. People of the Stars, the variant campaign he comes with, can mix with other huntable monsters, but shouldn't be mixed with Nemesis monsters.

>anyone here need the 200 pledge?
I'd fucking love it

for satans pledge. what will we not get?

i am assuming both versions of wet nurse?

How are people STILL asking this when Poots made a specific entry for it on the FAQ?

>There's stretch goal every 100k.
Until 1 million, there was a reveal every 100k. If you have a different source on what later stretch goals were set to be, provide it.

Because people are idiots that need to be spoonfed

I'm pretty sure at this point Stretch goals are just a formality, and Poots will just reveal them whenever he feels like it to keep momentum up for the campaign.

Only stuff funded by both Kickstarters, the Wetnurse is far older than that. ;)

>This does not include any gifts or the Survivor Level reward. These were neither promos or pinups. This also excludes crossover miniatures as I am not the IP holder of these figures.

pretty sure this doesnt tell me whats not included.

y
i just want to take a look at the stuff before the first kickstarter and i dont know where to find that.

>i just want to take a look at the stuff before the first kickstarter and i dont know where to find that.

The trouble with that is that Adam (or someone working for KD) redid the website, so the old character archive is gone. That contained most of the original pre-KS releases.

There are lists of non-KS resin releases online though, but some of those miniatures have been integrated in expansions.

fddlstyx.com/miniatures/a-complete-miniature-list-for-kingdom-death-monster/

il switch pledges when the timer is down.

He has already said that's exactly what happened.

He gave the first pinup a stretch goal, then when he revealed that wasn't the actual pinup, he also revealed that there aren't actual milestones to reach. We already have everything planned.

Actually, hes technically correct. The Dragon King expansion requires certain disorders/techniques for the vamped constellation/character system in its campaign, and if you add all the cards from the other expansions it dilutes the card pool, making it more difficult to get to the end. (The expansion has been tuned specifically for just the base cards)

However, its a different story if you are just planning on adding the dragon as a hunt-able monster.

>pretty sure this doesnt tell me whats not included
What do you even want? Literally everything else which was not mentioned in the wall of text above your quote is not included.

Is there anywhere to get the stone face base inserts anywhere? Is it known that they will be offered in the KS or in the store, or are there any other companies that have decided to make them?

They were on the store a few months ago iirc, who knows when poots will restock things though.

Im sure we'll see them during this campaign.

wait i just noticed.

fade and Percival are not included in satan ?

No, why would they?

They aren't from either Kickstarter, so no. Why would you think they were? The pledge is pretty explicit about what's included in it.

>12 hours until the next update
WHY IS THIS ALLOWED

>poots is awak
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments

Indeed they are not. They're releases separate from the kickstarters, so they're not included.

However, should Percival be part of an expansion that's yet to be revealed, then she will be included, but for now, she will not be.

>Poots girlfriend talked him into adding a free extra miniature to the First Hero expansion
Poots has good taste in ladies it seems.

Re: Peruvians bitching about wanting the Black Knight and paying through the nose for a recast.

Y'all do know that it's already been announced as an upcoming expansion and there's a 99% chance it's going to be one of the expansions in the KS running right now, right?

what are the chances of VAT fees happening?

"Anna DID however talk me into adding a female version of the First Hero to the expansion"

That's pretty hype.

>what if i told you I'm talking to the factory about having 3 in total?
BASED BOOKMARKERS

Depends on your country. If we're talking anywhere within EU, almost certain.

But that would mean no hit in the dick HL card.
What heresy, a Showdown I can´t hit in the dick!

so how would that work. you pay 1000 for this kickstarter and then the government wants you to pay them 200 to receive it ?

I have never heard about this shit.

Clit hit variation? Clam slam?

It could easily be a generic "Groin Strike"

Never buy chink recast i make a mistake of buying 2 recasts from chink and they all look like shit, easy to break, many broken piece and fucking tiny

Cunt punt?

>Backers are responsible for their shipments, that includes taxes or any VAT fees. As a way to potentially avoid VAT, many kickstarter campaigns use a practice of drop-shipping within the EU. However, USA based companies using this method is a grey zone and the way we declare or recover VAT is very different. Expect to pay, I have no interest in pursuing any quasi-legal practices. I will however be fulfilling EU rewards from within the EU.

>The EU badge is a well meaning, but very sketchy prospect. VAT is highly a debatable subject. Not being a VAT expert myself, I 100% stand behind my first answer to this subject. "EU FRIENDLY" is a meaningless badge that gets used on kickstarter all the time. All that people hope that it means, is that their rewards are shipped from within the EU. There is no magical way to make VAT or the reality of taxes vanish. We are a USA based company. Legally speaking your pledge can be seen as a purchase by the EU. If your package arrives with VAT fee's you are 100% responsible for it. I've spent days reading into VAT law and policies its very confusing and while there are experts on the subject that will help us, I must say with 100% clarity that if that fee should appear, the backer is responsible for that fee.

>the lonely tree is an amazing fight. it's also a piece of terrain, that had an entire fight added to it at no extra cost to the backers. It was never intended to be as meaningful as a normal monster based expansion. it is just a cool tree after all.

Kek, ignoring the real question.

i'm using the usps first class for shipping and it doesn't support tracking. How the fuck do i know where my orders suppose to be?

What happen if i add the lonely tree to every showdow and nemesis?

Pain, user, pain happens. Suffering too.

>you know i didnt realize that the "green" kinda corresponds with the 3 affinities until you said it now. it was based mostly on the flower and dung beetle knight whom are both very green in design!
So there isn't going to be a Red Knight or Blue Knight this campaign. Boo.

did you get it ?

also
GOT THE FUCKING NORMAL SATAN PLEDGE KEK.

thx whoever dropped that one when i was looking.

Oh for fucks sake Poots, hire some fucking help that can get you those informations! We are already paying a premium, might as well expect some profesional behaviour from your side.

Awwww yeah

Eh? What did he mean by this really?
Talking about the Green Armor Kit or what?

From the first kickstarter I vaguely remember something about poots saying he'd release pdf scenarios with certain minis(I think Paul was one), did that ever happen?

He's completely right on VAT, though. Several other companies have looked into this and the answer every time is that VAT always applies and you cannot duck it without effectively smuggling your shit into the EU.

how much extra cost does this mean for us europoors?

20%. VAT is always 20%.

when is this even implemented? like do you pay the guy that delivers the package?

do you get a goverment letter with a bill ?

My understanding is that it's on delivery, but I am not a europoor so don't take my word for it.

>tfw gay
>tfw KDM addict
>tfw finally getting some male pinups
I can't be the only one

Varies by country. Somewhere it's on delivery and billed through delivery company, somewhere Border Patrol* takes you package hostage and will not hand it over to delivery service until you pay up.

* they are not actually patrolling borders anymore because Schengen Area, bu we still call them Border Patrol.

That... is actually the exact business model used by every single company that isn't large enough to have multiple locations to base their company in. He is actually being very professional, and in fact totally transparent about why it's the way it is.

A board game designer in New York is not going to be the one to change how Europes import taxes work. That's absurd dude. He is selling a product, as is. You don't go asking for him to foot the bill of the product you are purchasing. That just makes you an asshole. It fucking sucks, but it's not his responsibility.

I am more annoyed with the way he said it. It's as if he never had anyone from EU in the first campaign.

Except he clearly mentions that it happened before and his perspective on it hasn't changed.

Fucking eurotrash, ain't the man's fault your region is a quagmire of opaque legislation.

He DID. He was asked on a LITERALLY daily basis last campaign. That's why he is being so blunt, in multiple locations, about how it is happening and that it isn't changing. Because he has done this before.

His only options at the current size of his company are:
>Pay for VATS out of pocket, and lose money for for every single European sale he makes
>not sell outside of the US at all
>let the customer be responsible for whatever customs charges their country has
As a business, the correct option is PRETTY FUCKING OBVIOUS on that one.

do you think the allison twilight knight in the satan pledge comes with the promo card?

i am looking at the stop and deciding which of the mini;s with additional cards for the game are worth it.

so far definitely
-before the wall
-white speaker
-fade
-percival