In the context of a fantasy setting, what race&class combo would a fedora-tipping cringelord be?

In the context of a fantasy setting, what race&class combo would a fedora-tipping cringelord be?

Human Slayer

Realistically they're just monks. Militant monks, maybe.

Human samurai

The really awful 3.5 version

Human Paladin

Lvl 1 human commoner who found a +1 magical saber?

Whichever one you like playing, OP

It's not so much the race and class that makes a fedora-tipper. It's the disparity between self-image and actual capability.

Take, for example, a level 1 wizard with an int of 12. If he were to go around wearing black robes and swanning on about the burden of power and the foolishness of the non-magical masses, then he would be justly lambasted as a boob. Ditto for a rogue who can just about hold a dagger straight but makes out like he's a master assassin, or a ranger who can barely follow fresh tracks but talks like he's a third-generation mountain man.

And if this is one of those fantasy universes with a sense of cosmic justice, then an actually competent member of one of those classes would come along and publicly humiliate and/or beat the whinging fuckers. But in the mean time, everyone they meet is going to think they're a massive useless wanker. The same way we look at the guy in OP's pic.

tl;dr: The true fedora is in your heart.

I'd say lvl 1 human commoner who found a shitty decorative saber in the trash and is convinced it's a +5 mastersword.

Human commoner, because your typical fedora-tipping cringelord lacks the talent and capacity for learning that would require them to gain levels in any other class, even expert or aristocrat if you consider 3.5's other NPC classes. Human because fedora-tipping cringelords paradoxically buy into HFY shit, even though they talk about being misanthropists.

Human fighter

I'm surprised nobody said Drizzt so far. Too obvious?

A Drizzt clone.

He gets to be edgy, dark and brooding, but still gets to take the moral high ground of being obstensibly chaotic good. He gets to use his katanas, he gets to min-max and powergame... you know the drill.

He also gets to run away from all those domineering women who want to abuse him and control his life.

>not working out, practicing with firearms and hand to hand weapons, and practicing making simple machines

It is like these guys want me to eat them when the police runs out of funding.

Nice mindhive.

>Not getting a dual major in electrical/mechanical engineering and building power armor, tanks, and automated weapons in your spare time
Pshtt, nothing personnel kid, but it's like you want me to kill you and seize your weapons for my improvised autoturrets.

dwarf rogue

>Practicing with firearms
You're aware that actual training has almost no relevant impact on who wins a firefight, right?

You do weigh the odds to your favor as best as you can, user.
Being a good shot doesn't hurt.

But user, you have none of those.

Keep it simple, stupid.

>not dual majoring mechanical/botany and rebuilding society with yourself as the Lord of the Green Fields

Honestly, it's like you want me to make you beg for employment in exchange for some fresh food from my awesome automated farm.

>not simply acquiring a bunch of dogs to be your bros/army
Adorable and deadly

user, I just want you to know, when you called me stupid it kind of hurt my feelings. I think hurting people's feelings is bad wrong and I hope you will try not to do things like this in the future.

>not having football gear, spikes, and a hockey mask
You will all be devoured by lord humongous

While dogs are bros, are they actually reliable soldiers? They seem like it would be hard to train them to use firearms or any sort of battle tactics.

Drizzt is what irl fedoramen want to be, this is edgelords within the setting itself. Besides, it was already determined that Drizzt is autistic.

Tiefling swashbuckler rogue fluffed as a ronin.

I've been wondering for some time, what exactly do they mean by "Blockchain" in this image?

I'm not a native English speaker, and searching about this term has only given me results referencing databases/bitcoin technology and the like, doesn't sound all that useful against barbarians.

It is referring to fighting video games.

It's useful in the sense that a decentralized crypto currency would work in an anarcap society that would inevitably reign if modern society falls.

I see, thank you very much.

Something like that was my initial train of thought actually, but it would still be more fitting if the person in OP image was opposing some sort of Big Brother and not barbarians.

Unless you are talking about the fact that under most situations it's really about who can get a line of sight on the other and fire first, training absolutely does matter so you can hit who you want to hit at range with your weapon of choice.

Yeah I suppose you are right, I never heard of it being a video game thing before, so I just assumed.

I'll just leave this here.

>that image
what?

Oh and the expansion.

I built a fedora character once for 5e.
Name: Trey Neqbierd
Human, Paladin
Can't remember most of his stats, but he had 7 charisma.

No allegiance to any deity, and opposes all religious organisations. Instead devotes himself to protecting the honour of virtuous maidens.
Main weapon is a katana, he also has a +1 fedora of tipping, which gives him a resistance bonus to any attack, influence, or divine power roll made by any deity. Wears a black trenchcoat, cargo shorts, socks with sandals, and carries green health potions labeled "Dew of the Mountain"

It's a meme thing

A troll's-eye-view of anarcho-capitalism. It's silly.

>being an anarchist
>being spooked by the lie we call property rights

>+1 on rolls against deities
I love how utterly inconsequential that is. Well done.

>Someone actually took the time to write a 78 page system for a meme
Why?

Maybe because it was a fun project?

>Fedora the tipping
>not the tippening

Learning the basics is essential. J'Quenerius McBaggypants from Chicago holding his glawk sideways likely couldn't hit the broad side of the moon in a firefight. He also probably wouldn't know how to maintain it properly or clear a jam in a timely manner. There is a reason why "nigger accuracy" is a term thrown around a lot on /k/.

Nah, there must be some sort of reasonable and logical explanation we haven't thought of, let's think a little harder before we resort to using the F word.

Atheist Cleric of any race who channels something he declares to be the raw concentration of his wisdom and intelligence and uses a scythe as a weapon to "reap the foolish masses into the enlightened state of true spiritual freedom" while in truth he is just being manipulated by some dicky deity to use him as a humorous weapon against other religions. But he is really inefficient and rather spends his days chasing some farmer who prayed to a harvest god for a good crop and flinging inefficient curses at them.

In fairness, hitting the moon from Earth with a man-portable weapon would be one hell of a trick.

>Not having a custom made gyrojet carbine with rounds that can reach escape velocity
Come on user, do you even /k/?

Apparently not hard enough, no.

low level human sorcerer/necromancer, I guess?

Can't be any kind of martial class, that's for sure.

Human Kensai

A shame the barbarians are all armed with guns, making his Katana useless.
He should have gone with the times and studied The AK-47

This feels like something civilian neverserved /k/ users desperately try to convince themselves to justify them not having the balls to get proper training.

Try again.

As for class, Warlock. Many neckbeards can't be arsed to learn or train anything so they trade their souls to have magic powers. Not like they were going to use it anyway.

As for race, anything super speshil and marysueish. Almost never something like Human, Dwarf, Halfling or Gnome, but rather Dragonborn, Tiefling, Assimar, or most commonly any flavor of elf. Bonus points if they wank themselves off about "elven superiority" or someshit.

I don't think any actually.
Fedora Tipping twats are pretty shit at most things, they just act like smug pricks because "muh mental superiority"
So they would be commoners with inflated egos.
Or maybe garbage wizards. I dunno, I might be wrong

>those furigana

Manufactured berserker

That's it. I'm sick of all this "M4 carbine" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. AK-47s deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Avtomat Kalashnikova in Russia for 2,400,000,000,000 Rubles (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my drum mag.

Russian gunsmiths spend years working on a single AK-47 and fold it up to a million times to produce the toughest firing mechanisms known to mankind.

AK-47s are thrice as deadly as Western guns and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a modern military carbine can cut through, an AK-47 can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a AK-47 could easily bisect a soldier wearing full Type IV armor and ceramic plate with a simple 3 round burst. .

Ever wonder why Europe never bothered conquering Russia? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Spetznaz and their AK-47s of destruction. Even in World War II, German soldiers targeted the men with the AK-47s first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? AK-47s are simply the best gun that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for AK-47s:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the killing power of AK-47s in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = AK-47s need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

A human NPC with garbage stats, a shitty sword, but is absolutely convinced they can take on that horde of Orcs over there.

They don't last long.

Fedora-tipping cringelords usually play caster classes, just putting that out there

Drow Samurai

level 1 half-orc wizard, who is convinced that they're an elf.

they also have an int score of 5, and a wis score of 6.

AD&D 1e Anti-Paladin.

That's a Chuuni, not a fedorator.

But you guys, what if the atheist wears several hats?

Drizzt actually likes people though and goes through great pains and travails to distance himself from his edgelord native culture.

>While dogs are bros, are they actually reliable soldiers?

>believe in hierarchy
>put a lot of work into keeping the hierarchy stable
>strive to be gud dogs always
>are kind of dumb and will do what you tell them to over and over again just because you tell them to

Yes, you really can't have better soldiers, given that your orders are actually worth shit.

Human very low level warrior who is teaming up with a even lower level caster while following a bunch of jock barbarians

>It's silly.
Right. We got folks like Thiel saying that they'd like to dab in vampirism in the near future IR and the Chinese controlling the production of bitcoins. Whatever shit you can come up with won't be any sillier than reality, really.

God i want Stirnerism to die

Human commoner with black face and crude prosthetic elf ears.

sounds more like a racist

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

NO the warlock is more of an Emo who thinks he is goth,look at the 3E image,he wears all black dyed his hair black and obviously practiced for hours making sneers in the mirror,

Marx is that you?

I refuse to believe those people are real, like it's all a giant hoax or something

Oh they are real. I went through a phase when I was a teenager but grew out of it.

I guess this is what happens when they don't grow out of it.

Fighter, rogue or Paladin

Coincidentally rogue and paladin generally draw the attention of the most cancerous tabletop players (disclaimer I enjoy paladin but 99% of the people drawn to it are irredeemable)

They're very real but their newfound status as a meme and the internet mockery forced them into hiding. Some have disguised themselves as SJWs and some have disguised themselves as normies but they're still there, the fedoras still in their hearts.

Human Imperium Juggernaut

They're a form of chuunibyou.

If it's a race, and that race has a class, it's fedora-tipping

I would argue that neck beard fedora tippers would probably prefer dwarves over anything actually.

Nice trips

To be fair Drizzit is as innocent and cheery as Drow get. Low bar but still

>chuunibyou
?

Some sort of atheist paladin variant.

>Some have disguised themselves as SJWs
that makes a lot of sense actually

I swear it's all the same to you guys: autists, edgelords, es jay dubs.

>Drizzt actually likes people though and goes through great pains and travails to distance himself from his edgelord native culture.

That's part of the cringe, his race looks dark and evil, he looks dark and evil, but he actually is a good guy underneath. He's a snowflake, the only good guy out of his whole race.

Your fedora, trenchcoat, katana wielder cringelord isn't necessarily a bad guy, he looks and sounds edgy and cold on the outside, but has a soft heart on the inside

When you think about it the differences are more or less entirely cosmetic

>detachment from reality
>entitled, self centred worldview
>misanthropic

Your lack of empathy explains a lot of things. Live and let live, guys.

>Drizzt
>Exactly the same time

SHUT IT DOWN

why did i read this