/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 11 (1d18)

Gate of Terra Edition
Build your own super-heavy tank™ sub-edition

Laurie has pretty much read our opinions on (ur) MoM (kek) and we got the worst possible answer, like always we ourselves are torn apart between pro-Emperor and anti-Emperor, but we also talked about superheavy tanks, lists, we got some funny pics, and one day we'll be able to play 30k for real, keep those hopes up /HHG/. All of that and more in the Old thread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Isy86dpWCDo
youtube.com/watch?v=yfpn6WLbAh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting Master of Mankind. Thank you original pdfposter.

Such is the writing talent of the modern GW authors.

But what's wrong woth those weapons being sealed away until the 13th company's return?

>But we're the good guys, right?
we're a bunch of semi-anonymous chucklefucks

If I was rating online 30k communities this would be easily the best, but that is not really an accomplishment considering the competition.

This.

It's weird they didn't see reason to equip the Wulfen with better armour. Or how those weapons were so huge even a terminator couldn't use them. Those wrist blades don't seem to be too hard to use, and the SW already got similar claws on their dreadnoughts.

What breaks the seal, and the wulfen aren't specifically said to be 13th company IIRC, just wulfen

If wulfen were used in wulfen squads before the 13th's return, sure, also give them those weapons. I've never been strong in furry-fu, srry.

I would rate this Veeky Forums general to be better than most other Veeky Forums generals I have been in. Even the shitposting is not a huge bother here.

I don't think they were sealed away. They were hanging on the walls of the Fang as decorations. Apparently nobody bothered to put any thought into them for 10000 years.

>holy roman
>empire
?

>'You are the first Custodian I have ever spoken to.' He said. 'Are all your kind so direct?'
>'Are all your kind so intoxicated with self-pity?' Diocletian looked almost as if he might smile, but his expression was stillborn.

Blood Angel faggots utterly BTFO for all time.

>FUCK FUCK FUCK
>Bloodclaws why are you drinking Magnus is attacking The Fang
>m8 hear me out first, but like why don't we use those giant battle axes as I dunno like weapons
>No you pissbreath, if we wielded them then our palace wouldn't be as AESTHETIC as before

>Diocletian
If ADB didn't make a cabbage joke then I'll strangle him next I meet

>Diocletian looked almost as if he might smile, but his expression was stillborn.

Mechaniucm plastic box when? They could do one for the Xana Incursion, have Dark Angels and Blackshield stuff vs. robots. Or, make it an Iron Hands or Iron Warriors set and use robots as the "set-specific" units like Custodes and the Contemptor.
Include 2 Castellax, 3 Thallax, a Magos/Praevian and maybe a bunch of MK2 to satisfy FW and GW's Marine boner?

Found this on B&C, much better looking than the one user made last bread, might help some with inspiration.

>Mechaniucm plastic box when? They could do one for the Xana Incursion, have Dark Angels and Blackshield stuff vs. robots
:D
>Or, make it an Iron Hands or Iron Warriors set and use robots as the "set-specific" units like Custodes and the Contemptor.
>:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

STOP
T
O
P
it's never going to happen, these kits are designed at selling what people can easily use in 40k first and formost, we are an afterthought, and mechancium will just be seen as toy robots nothing else so shut up FFS

I prefer user's conversion, but this one is much better pained.

He looks nice, but that ain't Dorn. Hair not crazy enough

>pained
Clearly the autocorrect knew it was Dorn. Clever autocorrect.

IA14 is about to be a thing, and if people want to use the robots in 40k just ally in some Cult Mech or something. If the 40k army building restrictions are going to be that damn lax we may as well make use of them.

Also, Castellax can be used by literally every legion in 30k, so that's not a problem.

I wish Cortex Controllers weren't a Legion thing. Isn't the Cybernetica supposed to be secretive and stuff? And why is the Ordo Reductor handing out Thallax as if they were candy?

Fucked if I know, but everyone knows the Mechanicum is a very generous organisation and never ever keeps a single Rhino, Predator or Drop pod that they make for the Mary Sues.

I'm hoping that we either get Legion armour to use or that GW considers the "free robots without any allies restrictions and Legion rules" a good enough justification for some plastic kits.

Mr. Land has new art.

>Google results give me nothing
user, start talking.

>complaining about marines being Mary Sues
>in marines vs marines: the setting

I got it from the Master of Mankind thread. I love the artist, but I really like Land's older art. The goggles do it for me.

>implying google image search is any good after they dumbed it down

I forgot Land going missing was waaaaaaay after the Heresy, and humans get old in a matter of years. But the monkey. Dude, the scorpion monkey! I want an alamonkey!

Dumbed down?
This has to be about racism, isn't it?

I personally like the old black and white art. Colours was a mistake.

Are the Mechanicum good allies for a Imperial Fists force? I'm new to this thing, but I love the aesthetics of both.

Related: youtube.com/watch?v=Isy86dpWCDo

I'LL GET YOU DOCTOR VENTURE

Calm down, Al, that monkey has seen some terrible things in Arkhan's labs.
It really depends for me. I do like colors more.
I can't unseen it.

more or less, yeah

anyways reverse image search is shit now, unless you're looking for larger resolutions of the same image

>No you pissbreath, if we wielded them then our palace wouldn't be as AESTHETIC as before
More like, "Look at this manlet, thinks he's swole enough to wield those stupidly giant axes. I bet he doesn't even lift."

Not really complaining, it's just that when the UM player calls me a toaster-fucker in jest its's nice to have a retort.

>I thought they were decorations
>*Lifts an axe the size of a motorcycle* WOOF WOOF MOTHERFUCKER

Better than Bolter and Chainsword?

Sticking that gigantic aquilla on the back makes it look like the two on the back of the neck are baby eagles.
>ywn see David Attenborough narrate a documentary on the life cycle of Dorn's aquillas

Dunno, those guys actually play :^)
We have all the goods and bads of an anonymous community with fast replies and easy posting of images. It's like asking what's better, a banana or an apple. The answer is tomatoes, obvs.

Not only I didn't notice the sheer amount of aquilas that guy has (srsly, 12 on the front), nor the fact he lacks any IF imagery, but why is he standing before his own severed hand?
Dorn's aquilas will never not be funny

>The legionary nearest to him was still alive. A World Eater, bisected at the waist, was dragging himself closer to where Ra kneeled. His armour was more red than white, signifying some unknown change within his treasonous Legion.

>‘Blood,’ the warrior murmured through a shattered mouth.

>‘I was there,’ Ra tried to growl at him, but the exhausted words were a snarling whisper. ‘I was there the day we saved your mongrel primarch from certain death.’

>‘Blood,’ the World Eater mumbled again. His helm had been crushed, savaging the skull and face within. His eyes were glazed, maddened, the pupils mere pinpricks.

>‘If only we’d left him there.’ The Custodian laughed, feeling his reknitting bones and abused muscles stinging afresh with the squirted application of adrenal elixirs from inside his armour.

>‘Blood…’

>‘If only we’d left him to die in those mountains.’ Ra was smiling now. ‘The one primarch who couldn’t conquer his world. The one primarch who lived as a slave. The one primarch who had to be saved from death.’

>‘Blood!’ The World Eater’s eyes resolved with the ghost of clarity. ‘Blood for the–’

>A spear rammed through the World Eater’s spine, driven down between his shoulder blades. The power pack on his back shorted out and died. The warrior himself went into convulsions. Eyes that had so briefly cleared now rolled back into his broken head.

>Above him, Solon wrenched the weapon left, then right, and finally pulled it free. The Custodian collapsed a breath later, using the World Eater’s corpse as a seat.

SAVAGE

>Angronfags BTFO
Also I'm surprised ADB shittalked a traitor Primarch I thought he had a hard-on for them making them perfectly justifiable individuals that had every reason to rebel and the Emperor ruined their lives

>>‘If only we’d left him to die in those mountains.’ Ra was smiling now. ‘The one primarch who couldn’t conquer his world. The one primarch who lived as a slave. The one primarch who had to be saved from death.’
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

>The one primarch who couldn’t conquer his world
>Who is Mortarion
>Who is Horus
Meanwhile, 7 loyalists conquered one world, and 1 got a star system (Dorn) and 1 got 500 worlds (Guilliman).

Horus hadn't conquered his world? I really don't remember what he was doing when the Emperor arrived

Hey, most were adopted by the planetary ruler, like Dorn, Guilliman, Mortarion and Perturabo. That's a damn fine start.
But Morty did conquer the world twice and he's fine with being a farmer.
Now that Primarchs are getting a novel each, will we have an insight on Mortarion's farming years?

>I really don't remember what he was doing when the Emperor arrived
I think he was signing up to be a space marine when he was discovered.

If he was, I guess he can be excused for not having conquered his world at the age of ~10.

>500 worlds (Guilliman)
how can other priamrchs even compete?

Dorn had an entire star system.

Considering how fast the Primarchs grew up, he was more likely to be ~5.

I still find the mental image of the recruitment line funny.
>12 year old boy
>13 year old boy
>12 year old boy
>15 year old boy
>12 year old boy
>14 year old boy
>8 foot tall, heavily muscled man
>13 year old boy
>12 year old boy
It's proper loony tunes stuff.

>Who is Mortarion
technically mortarion had already conquered his world, and was about the start cracking the last fortress when the emperor arrived and went

>lmao bet you couldn't do it solo, fag

>even fucking lorgar had conquered his planet

HAVE FAITH ANGRON

Maybe it's suppose to be older Land.

It's strange how lacking in bionics he is. Shouldn't someone of his status be crusted in machinery?

>mfw that's what actually happened

Nah, I reckon he looked about 12 when they were recruiting like The looney tunes bit came later, when they opened him up to start implanting organs.
>Hang on, this kid already has two hearts
>Wait, what?
>>You guys don't?
>How are you still awake?
>>Shouldn't I be
>There's enough anesthetic in your body to put down an insectile beast of burden.
>>Huh, weird
>Is this a multi-lung
>>Maybe?
>Why do you have a multi-lung
And so on, until they phone up the Emperor.

In Master of Mankind, Land comments on how the Omnissiah (Emprah) isnt full of augmentics, so why should he strive towards that?

Or they tried to cover it up by sending him back towhere he came from REAL QUICK, and that's the main reason we end up with multiple stories of Horus' finding.

He was probably a gang member-leader, like Thaddeus.

>Arrive before Primarch conquers world
>Continually give him shit about it
It was a work in progress. You don't see Custodes insulting Corax because he'd only conquered a moon prison before the Emperor showed up and told him to just nuke everything.

It's not really shittalking if they're saying the same thing that Angron has been saying for years.

>It was a work in progress
He was on the progress of getting killed, that is. Corax at least was on the road to nuclear victory. That would teach him something about victory and the importance of the means through which you achieve it.

What I want to know is why Emps didn't fight alongside the Twelft on Nuceria, rather than kidnapping him. He could have declared compliant Nuceria to be degenerates for their usage of the Nails and promptly wreck their military alongside Angron.

Iirc, there's a theory that the gladiators started worshipping Khorne, or at least were starting to show signs of it.

Besides, this is 40k, things like Nuceria can be swept under the rug.

Hang on, didn't Corax nuke the planet the day before the Emperor turns up?

Perturabo also hadn't conquered his world. This is actually plot important.

Lion*, Fulgrim, Magnus, and Vulkan ruled by popular acclaim. Lion being the only won to have actually ever fought against humans.

Ferrus neither ruled nor conquered.
Alpharius did who the fuck knows.

Custodes confirmed for not knowing shit.

*Given his taming a death world by hitting it with a sword until it gave up, I guess he kind of did conquer his planet

Oh, too bad. So did Lorgar's dad yet he got made into a space marine
>"You kept that mule Kor Phaeron. Russ kept his kin-friends. The Lion kept Luther. Humans - brothers and foster fathers - saved and raised into Legion ranks. But not me. Not Angron, no. Did the Emperor teleport his gold-wrapped Custodians down to help me and my army? No. Did he free the War Hounds and order them to battle, fight alongside me? No. Did he save my brothers and sisters the way he spared and honoured the Lion's closest kin? The way he honoured Kor Phaeron? No, no and no. No mercy for Angron. Angron the Oathbreaker. Angron the Betrayer."

I think that's what Ra meant, Angron was the only one in route of defeat whilst the others already won, ruled by deeds or just had such a good position that compliance was just a formality

True enough, but they stopped worshipping the Old Gods, as well as fought for the Emperor's side in their civil war. That is, until Monarchia, of course.

Day before the Unification Fleet showed up. Emperor showed up early and spoke with Corax about space things.

>Lion being the only won to have actually ever fought against humans.
Didn't Jagathai went full Gengis on Mundus Planus?
>Ferrus neither ruled nor conquered.
Agreed. He went Skyrim on his world, that's not conquering, still badass.
But Perturabo DID conquer the world. As in, in Lochos' name, he went all Leonardo Da Vinci on his world, but he had no interest in being its ruler. I guess that's the part you're mentioning about being important to the plot? That he did it all as per the terms of his scholarship.

>Emperor showed up early and spoke with Corax about space things.
>You're like my Space Dad?
youtube.com/watch?v=yfpn6WLbAh4

>be Angron
>least successful primarch before heresy
>most successful primarch post heresy
Is Lucas a writer at GW?

>Didn't Jagathai went full Gengis on Mundus Planus?
And Guilliman, I don't think it's mentioned but almost certainly Leman and Dorn too.

Dunno, all Lorgar wanted was to suck some godly dick and write fanfics. He gets to do that 24/7 now. Success!
Yes, Leman was adopted by the king too.

Genghis had the people of several cities "join or die" and the last palace to oppose him killed their leader and gave his head to the Khan as a symbol of submission and loyalty.

Khan had the head in a spike over his tent since then. 6 months later the Emperor arrived saw what Khan did and was "son I'm proud" and gave him the White Scars

I wonder what plastic sets they might do. Rumor had it that a Phall box was ready (multiple boxes were ready before BaC's release), but that would just repeat Mk III armor, wouldn't it? It'd have breachers, maybe rapiers or quad mortars (gods forbid). Dunno, not sure I see it happening.

A Caliban box could give us Mk II and bikes.

Mk V would be nice, but fluffwise that works best with World Eaters. I don't see GW doing the Shadow Crusade because they already gave Ultramarines a box, so maybe Terra? WE vs BA, give the latter plastic assault marines against WE despoilers in plastic Deimos-pattern Rhinos.

Test run on Death Guard. God, why am I building a 30K army.

Whatre you all working on today?

maybe a Thramas box? I could have more stuff for NL including skin-armor and new units for DA

And now they're both dead.

I wonder if they'll throw a DA-WS box called "Fuck it, we know nobody plays the actual boxed game"

for WS it could be a webway racing game of escape from EC and finally arrive on Terra

WS had lots of MkII too.

>that gif
Who needs drugs when you can just stare at that. Holy fuck.

I wouldn't say coughing up your own lungs counts as 'about to crack the last fortress'

Just imagine what a fine organ cloak Horus would have made...

I think daemons have a different definition of succes. So whilst Angron had much military succes, there's little doubt Mortarion has done a splendid job at contaminating everything for example.

>MKII & JETBIKES, THE BUNDLE

F-Zero OST optional

Well, I'm starting a new Dusk Raiders army. First time painting too.

Convince me not to give all my vets CHOOM pistols

pls /hhg/, you're my only hope, I'm poor

>Who needs drugs when you can just stare at that.
(You)
>I wouldn't say coughing up your own lungs counts as 'about to crack the last fortress'
Morty's dad was the last Necromancer in the world, the fortress was surrounded and his army depleted. That's a siege. Mortarion had had difficulties in cracking it for good, but in time he would have made it. No longer than a decade.
But Emps dared him to go solo, lest he was a chicken McFly

Ha! user, this is the CHOOM general. What legion, though?

>WS & EC in MkII
>Yesugei & EC praevian/lucius
>Castellax & Vorax as the boxes special units
>call it "battle to terra" or some other shit like that

Oh my god, I'm hard already, it would be so good

>I wouldn't say coughing up your own lungs counts as 'about to crack the last fortress'
he started coughing up his own lungs because he went solo on the emperor's challenge instead of conquering it with his army like he did the rest of the planet

You can call mort a failure for a lot of reasons, but he did a pretty good job on barbarus until the emperor made him go full retard.

I think the green should be a little lighter and paler, but otherwise it looks good to me.