PACYOA General #124

Mission when? Edition

Hello and welcome to the Power Armor CYOA: Teamwork Edition General!
Post suit builds, discuss fluff, and talk about dedgaem.

Rizon IRC Channels:
#ACHQ for general discussion and banter.
#PACYOA is slightly dead.
#suits_roleplay is up in the air.
#/suits/ was a thing at some point.

Someone else make this thread next time.

Some relevant links:

Blackmarket, Mission Rewards and Fusion Weapons: imgur.com/a/u5HYv

Setting and Lore dump, along with a slightly outdated rundown of the game: the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/PACYOA:TE_Lore_General

the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/PACYOA_Teamwork_Edition

Old threads and Missions archive, now updated courtesy of Eisenstein: the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Thread_History

Other urls found in this thread:

the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_Page_Format_(TE)
imgur.com/a/T5ALI#0
imgur.com/a/15yRR#0
imgur.com/a/MHmTp#0
imgur.com/a/RoluL#0
imgur.com/a/SdnQd#0
imgur.com/a/Tj41X#0
imgur.com/a/4TNwf#0
imgur.com/a/rfqhT#0
youtu.be/YjvTy2u9qxE?list=PLIhkcIGY7AQRl_G1IOEAeYtH1mFh4vZ3X
the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Fyhlen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How to make a wiki page
the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_Page_Format_(TE)
1) Go to the above URL.
2) Click on the dropdown box next to the "Edit button"
3) Click on "Classic Editor"
4) Click on the tab that says "Source"
5) Copy all the text in the box
6) Leave the editor and click on any other page in the wiki.
7) Click on the contribute button
8) Click create a new page.
9) Enter a name for the page
10) Hit edit, then switch to the classic editor, and then click on the source tab
11) Paste the template and fill it out with your character information

Galleries of Power Armor images for character creation

imgur.com/a/T5ALI#0
imgur.com/a/15yRR#0
imgur.com/a/MHmTp#0
imgur.com/a/RoluL#0
imgur.com/a/SdnQd#0
imgur.com/a/Tj41X#0
imgur.com/a/4TNwf#0
imgur.com/a/rfqhT#0

WELL THEN.

We're still missing a few players to finish the mission. If they don't show up, we can continue without them, or just add new people instead.

Continuing with a smaller party will be a problem because the encounters were scaled to a team of six-eight people, so there might be some balance issues.

And just slapping new people in fucks with the continuity of the game.

Either way, if the players are up for it, we'll finish the game today. The decision is up to you guys.

>And just slapping new people in fucks with the continuity of the game.
Its all just VR this time, right? It shouldn't be too hard to make up some excuse for new arrivals if we have slots open and people on standby.

I may or may not be available, had work come up at the last second. Hopefully I'll be back in time for the start.

>that fucking Dom

But yes, we could make up a random excuse to have new people show up. It's just that I feel like it breaks the flow a bit.

That looks very fire emblemesque. Sauce?

Bubuki Buranki. Artist is the same.

Jesus, I haven't seen this in a while

I have some questions to anyone who can answer them.

1. Experimental #004 says that 1 power can recharge instantly, does that mean you can fire it twice or more per turn if you spend enough POW?

2. Can AP Ammo stack with Sidewinder to make a 4 AP weapon?

3. Why is no one going Hanse?

youtu.be/YjvTy2u9qxE?list=PLIhkcIGY7AQRl_G1IOEAeYtH1mFh4vZ3X

>is there a body type for 80s af?

People have been getting away with blimps and TIE fighters and shit, so sure, why not a car?

>FE
>this

c'mon guys i thought we were better than this

>being anything but an 80s mecha

You can fluff your Suit as pretty much anything, dude. Go fucking nuts.

Hey, it's the same character designer as Awakening and Fates. There's no denying those two are the most famous ones.

Pretty sure he's from No More Heroes too.

That is correct. He also did the last Ace Combat game. I like his style.

>1. Experimental #004 says that 1 power can recharge instantly, does that mean you can fire it twice or more per turn if you spend enough POW?

I assume so, though that'd probably make it better than the Titan Laser

>2. Can AP Ammo stack with Sidewinder to make a 4 AP weapon?

Nope, AP can only go to the amount of damage a weapon can do, for 3 AP damage.

>3. Why is no one going Hanse?

we had a bunch of them a couple threads back.

>Need at least 1 in characteristic
Welp, that kills my build.

Rolled 43, 82 + 1 = 126 (2d100 + 1)

this is a test roll

>Callsign
Golden Fang
>Class
Medium
>Features
Natural Weapon
>Type
Predator(190)
>Ai
Soldier(180)
>Interface
Nerve Suit(175)
>HUD
Advanced Suit Status(170)
Night Vision(160)
>Comms
Radio
FSOT(150)
Defence Maze(140)
>Defence
Parry Shield(Light+Light)(130)
Tesla Collider(EMP+EMP)(110)
>Weapon
Plasma Rifle(90)
Impact Knuckles(80)
>Upgrades
EC II(70)
Cyber Brain(60)
Martial Arts(55)
Veteran Soul(50)
Kinetic Stabilizer(40)
Armor Plating(30)
Subarmor Piston(20)
Uplift(10)
Jump Pack(0)
>Faction
Phoenix Collective Lynx
>Stat
Dex 4
Dur 4
Pow 4
Rec 4
Spd 6
Str 5

Impact Knuckles + Parry Shield = Kinetic Reversal Fist

You could always go Puppet and use the extra points to make it happen. Don't let your memes be dreams user.

1. If a suit with 10 base DUR with harden up (for 20 DUR +shield) hit by a flamer (for -1 dur) have 18 or 19 DUR?

2. Does a Dragon-type suit do 9 damage with Wyvern's Breath?

3. Does a suit have to roll a D6 to see if they block damage from an explosion they create (ie with heavy bomb generator)?

1. 19 and the harden shield is reduced first.

2. that one I do not know I think it does.

3. If it's in/on the weapon then no. Near then possibly.

You better be talking about Infinity or 6 cause if he did Assault Horizon then he is shit.

If only it wasn't so ;_;

>Callsign
Patriot
>Class
Medium
>Features
None
>Type
Biped
>Ai
Soldier (190)
>Interface
Nerve Suit (185)
>HUD
Advanced Suit Status (180)
Night Vision (170)
>Comms
Terminal (160)
Defence Maze (150)
>Defenses
Nullification Field (125)
Flak Armor (105)
Light shield (100)
>Upgrades
Armour plating (90)
Collapsible (85)
Repair Gel (75)
Jump Jets (65)
Capacitor I (55)
>Weapons
Power fists (40)
Plasma Rifle (20)
Rocket Pods (0)

>M8

Uh, rookie here. I guess I post a build? Faction undecided.

Callsign: Trespasser
Nationality: German
Faction: Currently none.

Class
Mesh Class (Improved Stealth, Assassinate, Hyper Sweep)
Body Type
Hybrid: Drider/Hunter (Thermal, Radar,Night Vision, Adhesion, Tremorsense, Spinner)
User Interface
Nerve Suit
HUD
Suit Status, Advanced Suit Status, Hawkeye
Comms
Radio Transmitter
Weapons
Plasma Bow, Particle Edge Blade, Laser Rifle
Upgrades
Environmental Controls I, Capacitor I & Capacitor II, Storage, Multi Sensor, Lockpick Countermeasures, Sub-armor pistons
Nanites
Mycelium, Hydra

Primarily equipped for reconnaissance, infiltration, and elimination of soft targets, Trespasser has only recently emerged onto the PA scene in the wake of the Bright Offensive. While his work to date has been as an independent contractor, Trespasser has been discussing joining the Armor Corps with its recruiters.

When playing a /qst/, is it better to have an all around suit or to specialize in one particular stat? Because when i look at the stats of some armor, they really specialize in one stat only

Can we have some kind of flare-gun item? Above and beyond whatever illumination a flare might provide colored flares would be invaluable as signaling devices (especially to suits who've turned off their radios so they don't get haxored).

>It would also give me more opportunities to make breakfast club jokes

It kind of depends on the stat. A good number of the builds posted in thread are hammy go-fast builds as opposed to power-gamer stomp machines.

It really varies with certain types being more popular at times than others.

How about a Hanse Assassin? Bonuses to take down soft targets with higher Dexy and Damage over Time. They're also Germany based, so there's that.

That might be neat. Is faction stuff usually an issue when doing missions/qst-ing?
And can I just add this character to the wiki?

Many missions are restricted to pilots from certain faction(s)

go ahead and add your dude to the wiki

This is false.

Is it? I felt pretty sure at least a couple of the missions I was on were restricted, has it changed? Has it not changed and I'm just totally wrong?

"A couple" is not "many".
Factions don't matter for the vast majority of missions.

I believe the only faction-specific missions were the Resurgence/Crime & Punishment duo.

>Many missions are restricted to pilots from certain faction(s)
> I felt pretty sure at least a couple of the missions I was on were restricted
pic related

>Even those allowed exceptions buns because GI cannot into tech.
>TE enjoys near 100% mission allowance.

Feels good desu

1. How does your suit protect you from 1-shot melee Assassination?

Clownfish tries to blow up/set everything nearby on fire.

Wing Jaeger uses stealth to avoid detection and has radar, Sonar, BIS/Hypersweep to try and detect enemy mesh before they can get close enough.

Aerion has some sensors but mostly he hopes somebody else on the team has enough detect to protect him from the unrighteous.

Keiser uses a combination of smarm and ensuring he's never the highest priority target.

2. How many points of your suit build are there solely for the fluff/RP?

3. How are you using spinners?

4. Is Clownfish the only one who decided "I don't really NEED spotlights or nightvision if I've got a flamethrower do I?"

5. Anybody else with a Moq face-tank interested in forming a fluff-only subfaction?

Apologies.

>If missions are equal opportunity how is my Phoenix pilot going to develop a martyr complex?

>Phoenix Collective
>Caring about anything but spoils of war
Shit son, learn to merc

>1. How does your suit protect you from 1-shot melee Assassination?

AP can't be guarded unless PBed, and since Assassination can't be logically PB you can't. 15 dam mesh builds are OP in my thoughts.

Nonsense.

Mesh assassin players have to deal with the fact that:
A: TA suits have 30 HP (though I suspect this may vary depending on GM)
B: You only get one attack from stealth that ignores DUR etc and it could miss even if you stack melee to-hit bonuses. (in fact if you play the pilot regularly your almost guaranteed to miss at some point.)
C: once you've blown your wad it'll be 30 seconds before you can cloak again. If there are any other TA suits in the area or you didn't drop your target you'll have to super-runaway or face a slugging match meshes are least predisposed towards.
D: you can't really melee assassinate anything allied fortresses are shooting.

TA melee assassins have things quite a bit better however:
1. TA pilots not having much left in the way of impulse control its a rare TA pilot that can actually engage in that kind of skulking.
>In crunch terms GMs will (or so I've been told) avoid having a PC killed outright by a single attack without allowing some kind of roll)
2: Properly equipped your suit has a chance to warn you in time to foil a melee assassination attempt.
3: hardlight can be used to create decoys which enemy TAs might blow their chance on instead of you (though hardlight projectors seem like their utility can vary widely from GM to GM)
4: speed-stacking go-fast stig builds should have a fair degree of immunity as a TA suit will be extremely hard pressed to close with them.
5. Basically what I'm saying is that if you look past pure stats there are ways to counter them (GM-willing)

>Disclaimer: any or all of what I just said may be complete bullshit take with grain of salt

Does "Duck it" work for stat Debuffs?

I am unsure what you are referring too.

Hey that's fyhlen

I still don't know if that's pronounced "Fihlen" or "Fuhlen"

didnt know the section 8 suit was already claimed for looks

the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Fyhlen

Try this suit instead.

probably should have checked the wiki
callsign patriot is already taken too

I was talking about player suits desu.
It's not fun getting an anal probe with a pile driver.

Let's get some fluff rolling in here.

1. How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters? If you don'y have a faction, just describe Armored Corp HQ in New Zealand.

2. What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?

Explain to me the current story of PACYOA, since the Wiki is greatly outdated to my knowledge.

Prompts like this are great.

Kind of torn on whether or not a middle eastern fortress like Margat or Kerak would be fitting (for the sheer fuck yeah value), or a more mundane, functional building complex. Probably the later. Would probably not be very much in use most of the time, since most of the suiters would be out and about or staying over in more problem-prone areas. Presumably there would be a handful of intel suiters keeping tabs over the Internet, and news sources, outgoing emergency supplies, and the occasional training. Could imagine a bunch of bunks and maybe a sickbay / medical wing. The place would presumably be very quiet most of the time, overall.

>What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?
Dolt laying around x1000. Flying around and sightseeing would get old. Would be doing nothing but blasting shitty music no one else likes, harassing other members, and acting up injuries to try and garner sympathy from his suit AI.

I always pictured AC HQ as being 90% underground with the surface structures all being obviously military reinforced concrete types. Lots of airfields connecting to massive hanger complexes with elevators going far underground.

Around this central complex it sprawls for miles and miles with defensive, sensor, communications and other structures occasionally peeking out of the New Zealandian LotR-esque looking landscape. In addition to the main complex there are firing ranges and smaller out-complexes etc

>ie a higher tech Middle-Earth Camp Pendleton

I believe that there are more than just suits in the complexes. Since Earth was mostydestoryed during the apocalypse, I like to think that there are survivors, crewmen, engineers, and even families living inside, each serving a purpose to try to rebuild their lost world.

I concur. I envisioned as a small more-or-less self-contained city with hydroponics bays and desalinization plants, schools, residential areas, theaters, jails, etc.

Plus I'd imagine that once people have learned of it they'll kill to relocate within AC HQs [secured area] (there's a specific term I want to use but I cant remember what it is)

>How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters?
I feel like Hanse Behörde has a very 'clinically clean' sort of feel, a professional air to it that is nothing short of a facade for the innumerable mental health problems that all of the pilots have. For instance: The canteen may have rugs, booths, classical music, and an all-you-can-eat buffet with caviar and red wine as appetizers. But there is also an incredible amount of booze, the medical centers in the HB Headquarters and bases are almost always full of pilots wanting one medication or another. Combat sims run almost 24/7 because it takes the pilot's minds off of things. There is also a large amount of legal drugs, hookers, etc, to help with the pilot's constant and unending stress. BUT all of this in an incredibly classy way. Your prostitute is 5-star or above, your cocaine could make a Colombian drug lord turn green with jealously, that kind of thing.

>What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions?
Drugs, combat sims, hiding away in his suit and generally staying away from everyone. He talks with his A.I. (Who still hasn't been uplifted, but he wants to for her. They have strange conversations). Oh and drinking, drinking ALOT.

1.I Generally imagine it as a pretty big complex with various things, including some recreational things as well as important utility areas.

2.Relax, look into news of other things. I figure Pilots are just tasked with piloting as they'd want them to be at their best at about all times.

absolute shit taste confirmed

Somehow, I've never really believed in the whole GI having a single, permanent headquarters. I've always seen GI as scattered, with hidden Viet Cong like underground bases and training camps dotted throughout the world, connected through messengers and various communications systems. (Possibly even buried telegram lines in some cases).

The HQ, if any indeed exists, would be moved from place to place or from camp to camp periodically, in order to minimize risk of the proverbial head getting cut off.

So... what you're saying is that GIs headquarters is in Laos?

GI formed in Venezuela, South America, so their strongest presence still remains there, though they are confirmed to have military outposts in Mexico, Italy, Africa and Russia as well. I could see a group of them setting up in Indochina purely for the lulz.

I wanted to go fast.

so i went fast

1. By going FAST
2. All of it. Because it's FAST.
3. Making other people SLOW, so I can go FAST.
4. Who cares, you gotta go FAST.
5. a huhwhanow

but

you gotta go FAST

This and I kinda see it as this very, very clean, almost Fountainheadesque style building... But there's nothing around it for a couple miles except cannibalized buildings and ruins, and a massive array of fortifications in a huge radius around it.

We seriously need a support group and some kind of 12 step program for our stig pilots

>We seriously need a support group and some kind of 12 step program for our stig pilots
Fuck you, I am the wind.

Its alright user. We understand you feel threatened by this, but admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

Roist isn’t really allowed to have a lot of off time. The Templar Order was originally founded to protect pilgrims to the Holy Land and they’ve intentionally tried to spend much of their time returning to those roots. The Templar have taken upon themselves the defense of any settlement attempting to evacuate in the face of TA attack, any group of civilians likely to come under TA attack before reaching its destination, and other such situations so Roist spends most all of his time engaged in such tasks. Only when Moqaddas or their allies want the Templar’s heavy assault capabilities for missions of particular strategic importance are they recalled to Moq HQ.

Aside from engaging in combat operations and traveling to or from combat operations Roist spends most of the remaining time praying, exercising, cleaning Aerion, and washing his tabbard. His sole recreational activity is jamming with his band Deus Volt (they're all Moq pilots, they use Aerion as a combination stage/amp)
>they do a lot of AC/DC covers

>Are you a Moqaddas pilot with a suit geared towards front line slugging matches? Do you want to join a knightly order and get a snazzy tabbard? Contact Sir Roist von Silenen today, because DEUS VULT! (Christ-killers, cow-worshipers, rag-heads, and all other manner of idolatrous heathens welcome!)

>12 step
>not 12 SPEED

DMZ? FOB?

Does a light gain the benefit of crossfire itself?

its the area of protection/control extending around a fortress/castle

DMZ: De-militarized zone
AKA a neutral zone which has guns pointed at it from both sides.

FOB: Forward operating base.
Think of it as a gas station for military ops. Or the showers for a public pool.

I think the closest is the safe haven term which is the term for a designated zone to evacuate civs.

Found it: Defense envelope

Did Peacewalker survive Hidden Dagger? the last I remember he'd convinced every AT-AT to shoot at him and the building he was on collapsed.

>1. How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters?

I feel like the TE base is a mix between a giant hive honeycomb structure, the underground raccoon building from the resident evil movie, and a little bit of SETA radar and military drone hangars.

2. What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?

Being Tommy is the director of TE now, he doesn't have much free time while in TE. You think they being the head scientist he would do more of the engineering science he loves. Well you would be wrong. It's paperwork, meetings, and otherwise dealing with everyone's problems all to continue to continue being the "leader" of a direct democracy that only means he has enough sway to move TE in a "general" direction. At least he gets first pick on the TE anime stream. He only picks gundam seed when he really feels like a monster.

I'm the faggot prince after all. : ^ )

>Tommy is the director of TE now
[disgust]

>Complaining about Tommy when Turtle was a leader. Heck he's still a public face no less.

;_;

Players just shouldn't be put in charge of factions unless people ask for it.

Did someone say faction elections?
I think someone said faction elections.

Wait, PACYOA is a thing again?

I've made builds for this before, but I've not ever participated in any of these sort of almost RPG like things, though I am interested in maybe doing it, so I have a few questions:

1. How viable is a satellite-esque build? Like, could I just hide in space and take potshots at people like the coward I am?

2. Does siege mode work whilst in space?

3. Can I be useful whilst in space?

4. What stats would be good for a tanky space fortress?

Space never

Is being in space just useless across the board, or could I be useful in a counter/intelligence role? Like Soundwave, in the new shitty movies

Space is straight up not an option

But the cyoa implies multiple times that orbital combat is a thing that happens? Like with environmental controls III, flight, and the (OTG) tags under some weapons?

Is it not an option because it's not allowed, or just prohibitively difficult?

M695 said no and that means you're shit out of luck

Daww. That's unfortunate. I have no idea who that is, but I'll assume he's acting as a DM or something.

If I were to build a fortress mech, what should I be looking into?

Firepower and drones obviously

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, but I'm new to all this, and I'm not really sure how the "meta" of this is working.

So if I were to make a fortress, I'd be relying mostly on drones? How good are fortress mechs, generally? I wouldn't be ending up in a shit situation would I?

You could try and go maximum stealth fort, with Railguns and other OTG weapons. Overlod, all that stuff

It's... Kind of not an option since most alien forces are surrounding Earth and therefore control space. Anything that goes up gets blown up, but low atmosphere is still doable.

Ah right. I was thinking just chilling out in L1 taking potshots and cunts with a railgun, but if I'm going to get hunted down by ayys that's probably not an option.

I was mostly just considering it as a way to put myself out of direct combat, whilst still allowing myself to interfere using OTG weapons and ECM and other computers shit. I'm guessing hiding from the ayys isn't really an option either?

Would any sort of mobile command thing be useful? Like relying communications, and hacking and stuff?

An overlord body that floats around relaying messages and communications is certainly helpful. It could also serve as a highly mobile artillery platform.

And transport. Especially if you take mount and all rec upgrades so you can operate your suit forever.

Just drafting this up, tell me if I've made some hilariously stupid mistakes, that's bound to happen, because I'm an idiot.

Class: Fortress
Body Type: Overlord (190)
AI: Engineer (180)
UI: Brain Implant (160)
HUD: Advanced Suit Status (155), Hawkeye (150), Thermal (140), Radar (130)
Comms: Terminal (120), FSOT (110) Comm Buoy (100), Spider (95), Spyware (90), Defense Maze (80)
Weapons: Stinger Howitzer (60)
Drones: 2x Heavy, Autocannon (40), Scavenger (30)
Upgrades: Solar Panels (20), Photosynthetic Augment (10), Cyber Brain (0)

Kind of started to run out of points towards the end, but I think this should be fairly useful. If needs be, I can kill myself and just live in the mech forever.

Use the drones to cover me from attacks at closer range, and hit people at long range with the cannon, whilst using the scavenger drones to repair and rebuild drones.

Looks pretty good. just a quick note, Forts get drones at 2x1,so you'd have 4 heavies and two machinists