>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

first for me

Anonymous 11/27/16(Sun)21:05:42 No.50423601 ▶
Roughly how many points is say, 20 rubrics, 15 rubrinators, 3 rhinos, 3 sorcerers and Ahriman?

I'd like to know how much points that core formation is to actually kit out for reroll ones on saves.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

first for I hope they make chimeras 55 pts base like it is in IA

Anons, I wouldn't actually mind a Sigmarization of 40k, at least rules-wise. Actually checking them out they seem pretty easy to use, and not that bad at all.

9 man squad of naked rubrics is 242
Scarabs is 250 for 5 naked
Sorcerer is 160 base + 40 for Familiar and ML 3

1k for that is that unreasonable. people forget how overpriced Thousand Sons are and you start taking more than one unit things add up fast.

2 ten man squads is 265 ea naked
Scarabs are 250 ea for 5 naked (rumors)
Rhinos 35ea
Sorcerers are 60 naked, you want exated those are 160 naked, probably 200 kitted (rumors)
Arhiman is 230 (atm)
so....
~2215ish

This is why Thousand Sons suck. not because they are bad units but because you pay way to much for them.

So Looking into this. 2x Sorcerers, 1 unit of Occult Terminators and 1 unit of Rubric Marines is one of the more basic and straight forward ways onto the board.

That's pretty hefty. But I have always liked the few models approach.
Where is the list of Points per model situated or is this mostly guess work currently?

Shit, are you sure?

Okay hang on...

750 for rubrinators

125 per 5 rubrics, right? So about 500

Then 105 for rhinos...

Does four sorcerers cost more than 800 points?!!

>Not just biffing your points a bit

Ive taken 25% more points with my orks without saying anything. Ive even won a handful of games doing this.

You're ready to add some tzaemons then!

see

>lol guys just cheat

Baaaaa....aaaa...aaaiiii....iiittt...

>Its cheating when the man who is only supposed to bring a knife to a gunfight sneaks in a gun

So they designed a literally unusable decurion? Shit.

Okay.... I lack some books, tell me if this bare bones setup is feasible within 2000 points?

-Ahriman
-10 rubrics
-5 scarabs
-Helbrute as rubric dread

-Allied Daemons with at least one big guy (Lord of Change or DP), some horrors, screamers, flamers?

What's the problem? Gladius players bring something like 400pts more to the table than their opponent and no one cares, they would never win eldar or tau if they couldn't.

My opponent has more fun this way. Instead of just wiping me off the board with no effort at all

What makes you think that 4x Thousand Sons and 3x Terminators will completely fill the Cabal?

The reroll saves thing is irrelevant for Thousand Sons and Scarab Occult, because the sheer point value involved in getting it leaves no room for units that aren't ass.

>So they designed a literally unusable decurion?

Tell me about it.

>Gladius players bring something like 400pts more to the table than their opponent and no one cares
Except that's actually allowed by the rules, is something the opposing player would be aware of instead of being lied to, and is most certainly not something that "nobody cares about", but is instead bitched about by many people.

Arhiman 230
Rubrics 150 ea (300)
Scarabs 250
Dread 100 (May want to take a Ferrum Infernis from IA13. Not Insane and fits better for a Rubric Dread)
so 880 (~930ish with Ferrum Infernis)

so ~500 for Daemons and some room for options on the other guys.

Another option is an Exalted Sorcerer with the Jump Relic instead of Ahriman for 12in moving Scarabs

>More completely unrealistic decurion bonuses that will never see play because theyre 2500+ points and thousands of dollars in models

thanks gw, i so glad you found it in your heart to give us lowly chaos players a pittance of attention. please let me suck you off more gw

It's a traitor legion. it actually makes sense both fluff wise and rule wise for them to be better in large games, as it parallels both how the legions fought and the rules of 30k

You expected anything else for Thousand Sons?

Orks and IG need a new Decurion also.

There should be some sort of unending horde rule for particular Ork units. Being able to throw disposable units at your enemy's guns is the only way melee armies have a chance.

OK, because the stuff you guys came up for Angels Cardinal last thread was cool, I'm gonna summarize and repost it, to see if anyone else comes up with anything cool:

>BA Successors
>Believe Emps was divine and Sanguinius was the manifestation of his will
>Believe the Black Rage is punishment from Emps for failing to save Sanguinius
>Refuse to attempt to cure Red Thirst/Black Rage due to it being Emps' will
>Tight with Eccleisiarchyl, due to reverence of Emps
>Tactics centered around jump packs and flame weapons
>Death Company who don't die in battle don't get Astorath'd, get to fight again and again until they die in battle

>GW are actively engaging ITC and their cancer

15 sons, 15 terminators, 3 exalted or regular sorcerers, 1 from a list of various sorcerer types.

I listed exalted sorcerers because they're the actually 1ksons ones and 5 extra rubrics because I'd assume you'd want one full unit for the soul reaper cannon and fluff, but I guess that was unrealistic and pushed it over 2000.

Now GSC literally have "If unit is wiped out, replace unit and try again", there's no reason ork boys and tyranid gants shouldn't also have it.

>So they designed a literally unusable decurion? Shit

Don't you remember the Great Waaagh-Band? Guys if we get Ghazzy in there it's fearless Waaagh every turn. 1200 pts with minimum boyz squads, no transports, and no upgrades.

If you're upfront and say let me take 250 more points so it's fair that's one thing, phantom upgrades that forever change or a unit you shoehorn in cuz "Meh it's only 100 more points :^)" is bullshit, I don't do either and I play orks and deldar. Maybe if you played better or asked to play games types that favoured your army that'd be more sportsman like than just cheating

What's so bad about ITC?
>inb4 "i-it's homebrew!"
Do you even know what changes ITC format makes?

fucking Phil Kelly

>No upgrades, shittiest characters makes that formation ~1100 if you wanna get the reroll ones

The Grand Coven is perfectly usable, and (ignoring the reroll saves thing as it will never ever come up in a normal game) the benefits that it offers are pretty nice. The issue is that baseline Thousand Sons are still hideously expensive and lackluster, and every one of your Psykers loses a spell to the Tzeentch Discipline which is still extremely mediocre. Scarab Occult are just too expensive to be truly viable, and they clash with the Cabal formation benefits.

For a small points cost there's no reason why not at all. Makes perfect sense for those units and we'd see more fluffy, playable armies on the tabletop.

>GW actively engaging with player base trying to balance game - FTFY

Cancer defence force right on cue.

>GW interacting with their playerbase is not a bad thing
>HURRDURR CANCER CANCER CANCER CANCER CANCER

It's a slow day, so I'll give you this (you). Don't spend it all in one place!

Thanks for correcting the record, friendo.

"Engaging" implies that GW is interested in their input. Do the new Horror rules look like something that a rational, balance-conscious person gave input on?

ITC is being fed table scraps a bit early to stop the ITC from growing too divergent from mainstream 40k. This is just GW ensuring that they don't have a 3.5/Pathfinder situation when 40k gets Sigmar'd next year.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. That seems somewhat more likely to come up in a game, but I still doubt that it will be worth it.

>ITCancer
>Regular player base

Pick one.

3 squads of 4 rubrics + 1 aspie sorc= 450 points
3 squads of 4 rubric terminators + 1 sorc = 750 points
3 rhinos = 105 points
3 sorcs ~ 180 points
Ahriman = 230 points

1715 points minimum for the build you are suggesting. You will have a lot of psychic powers but not a lot of bodies unless you don't take upgrades and take more rubrics instead.

Finally got my Genestealer Cult codex. I have all the models from Deathwatch: Overkill built (still working on painting).

What's the next best purchase for my cult? I have plenty of Genestealers from my Tyranid army, so I'm covered there. The trucks look pretty tempting, but so do the metamorphs.

Ahriman- 230
3x Sorcerer- Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Mastery Level 3- 140x3= 420
3x Thousand Sons- Rhino- 185x3- 555
3x Scarab Occult Terminators- 250x3= 750

Total is 1955. You could do it at 2500, but that's not going to leave many points for supporting units once you take into account additonal upgrades for the Sorcerers/Scarab Occult. At 3000 it might be workable for casual games since you could fit in a dual-gatling Renegade Knight for fire support.

Honestly I just like terminator armies and was enamoured with a build that gave them rerollable 2+, reroll 1s 3++.

What kind of points level do gw think people play at?

Is this a "good deal"

Just played Kill Team, Tau (me) vs Raven Guard. Close game, ended up losing by elimination. Took down a good chunk of his guys, but missiles are serious business.

What's /40kg/ played this week?

Who the fuck knows? 2000 is fairly common in the uk, but it's vastly more common to scale down than to play some scaled up apocalpytic mess.

GW doesnt care about the game, As they have said they are a model company not a games company. So they think people play at all levels i think.

Nobody knows

I don't think many people at GW actually play. It's just not possible that someone played with splitting Horrors and thought it was a good idea at the end of the game.

If people at GW do still play the game, they're likely turbo-casual morons that never moved past the "mixed weapons in a devastator squad" level of beginner list-building.

You could try this at 2000 points, but you would be banking on generating the psychic powers you need.

>Just bring your whole collection! It doesn't matter if you've got a bit of Adeptus Astartes™ Space Marines, a helping of Astra Militarum™ and even a dash of Tyranids™, you can use all of them at the same time in an Unbound™ list!

Just fine ad opponent who loves the look of your awesome army and settle down for a game. Points are more like a set of guidelines to judge your army's power level, but it's alright if they don't match up! The winner is the one who has the most fun.

No time to play. I've only got 20 or so dudes left to paint for my slaanesh marines. I got drunk on Thanksgiving and bought 4 Rhino's off ebay. once it's all painted I'm going organize a 4255 point apocalypse game.

1500 deldar vs eldar
1500 deldar vs SM iron hands
3 kill team games vs imperial guard and SM

kill team tyranids vs tau. first time running my tau list and it went very well for me. a crisis suit with infiltrate creates great board control.

in my gw we usually play 1k and 3k, rarely more, sometimes less

Played 1250 Tzeentch Daemons Vs SM

He couldn't claim the tower of Horrors nor overcome my Prince. I won by sheer volume of tac objectives.

I'm sorry for having to ask but I have been working for the past few months and haven't been able to keep up with the Veeky Forums rumors and leaks.

Has there been any hints at guard/IG stuff recently? Do we know yet if anything is dropping in January?

Which is a very risky business and extremely prone to being shot off the board if you don't get first turn. Ahriman gets 3 rolls to go power fishing, and each of the Sorcerers only gets 2 (I also forgot 40 points per Scarab Occult unit for ML3 and the Spell Familiar).

Once you burn all those dice fishing for the durability and mobility powers you need, what actually does the killing? You've got a handful of Thousand Sons squads that, under optimal conditions, can kill most of an MEQ combat squad. If it doesn't have Feel no Pain, or a bush to hide behind, or any other mitigating factor. You've got a bunch of Terminators that will likewise kill most of an MEQ combat squad with shooting under optimal condition, or can go into melee with the awesome might of I4 S4 Power Swords.

To fit into 2k, you'd have to trim at least a Mastery Level from the Sorcerers to make room for the Grand Coven's auxiliary choice (cheapest would be a Predator).

>ignore the decurion
>run War Cabal and a Daemons of Tzeentch CAD(horrors + exalted horror)

>bring 10 sorcerers with Terminator armor or disks
>they are all ML3 depending on points available
>save on 2+/3++ rerolling 1s, 2 wound each, independent characters

>Deathstar it up
>have ObSec meatshield that provides warp charges and summons new units whenever it takes damage

You can do this at 1850.

Does Veeky Forums think I'll be able to give a Maulerfiend a 3++ rerolling save with the t-sons book?

Do you not know what 'literally' means?

Can't do Termi armor and Disks =[

Disks is PA only, same with the rest of the daemon mounts

Played two games on Saturday, a 1000 point matchup against SM and a 1215 against GSC. I play Orks.

First match was a total whitewash. I didn't kill a single model. In fact, the only damage I caused was immobilizing a land speeder and knocking one HP off of a Rhino. His wasn't a cheesy list or anything either; 2 10 man squads of Tacticals in Rhinos, a Dread with a Lascannon, a 10 man squad of Assault Marines and 3 Land Speeders with missiles and Heavy Bolters. My Boyz Trukk immobalized itself on Turn 1 even with a reroll thanks to its Ram, my MANZ trukk was blown apart by the Dread and my Tankbusta Trukk suffered a similar fate. But it was my Biker mob lead by my Warboss trying to charge a Tactical squad, losing two bikes to the Overwatch of 3 Marines and then rolling a 4 inch charge, followed by a 5 inch charge with a reroll. Next turn Tacticals gunned down two more, and I failed a Ld9 test and ran 15 inches. He just moved in after that and gunned everything down.

Second game was much more even. I managed to get my Shoota Boyz mob into close combat with his Patriarch and Genestealer horde, and tie them down for multiple turns. Killed 11 Stealers on the charge which was good. My Biker squad were very nasty, taking down T3 5+ saves with their guns. But on my backline, his ability to pop up anywhere was nasty. And he blocked LOS to my Promethium Pipe burnas using the terrain nicely.

Came down to a lone Loota on an objective who survived 11 Lasguns firing.

Start looking at how you want to build out your Decurion. One of the big Choices is whether you'll use Brood Cycle or Neophyte Cavalcade as your core. For Brood Cycle you'll need Metamorphs, an Iconward, and probably a few more Acolytes/Neophytes. For Cavalcade you'll need two Chimeras, a Russ and a Sentinel, and maybe a few more neophytes.

After that look at what Auxiliary detachment you want. I'd recommend Subterranean Uprising since it unlocks a lot of the power of Cult Ambush, so that would mean some more Metamorphs and Hybrids. But if you wanted to keep things cheap money wise you could take Shadow Skulkers since you already have the purestrains.

>Just fine ad opponent who loves the look of your awesome army and settle down for a game. Points are more like a set of guidelines to judge your army's power level, but it's alright if they don't match up! The winner is the one who has the most fun.

What's wrong with this?

What are they gonna do about death company when they bring all the primarchs back

Oh we're all emo because daddy went away for a few years

no word yet m8

>Sanguinius
>coming back

Nothing, but the community just does not work that way.

Only a low percentage of people are outright netlisting WAACfags, but the majority have a stick up their butt about houserules or winging things and tend to lightly optimise within their theme, take cool and powerful shit with no regard for how balanced that makes their list.

It's hostile and exhausting and I just want to have close games where the majority of both armies die by the end

It'd be pretty lame if they asspulled all the Primarchs magically showing up after a 10,000 year abscence at once but -didn't- bring back the what, two dead ones who aren't Horus?

No wait, three dead ones I think. Sandwich, tickle-me-emo and metalfinger.

Mortarion is also dead, at least judging by the way he smells

Sanguinius, of ANY Primarch, is the least likely to come back.

Ferrus fucking Manus has a better chance of coming back than Sanguinius.

How dare you insult space jesus daddy.

I'm sure Sandwich would have enough humour to take a few jokey nicknames.

Nope Ferrus is as dead as Sanguinius.

It's not even "a deal" if I remember correctly. Online bundles don't offer any saving.

Agreed

When are vehicles going to be made not shit?
Can you run different aircraft in dfts squadron formations or do they have to be part of the same unit?

Kelly only did fluff.

>this guy thinks you can join CSM ICs to Daemons.

AKA, the book most people won't open, taking the rules out of the slipcase and forgetting there even was another half.

Kill yourself

You could in KDK, they got rid of daemonic instability for fearless.

When we go back to 5th edition rules

Games need some sort of balancing mechanic for you build your army around. You can play loose with them and try to correct GW's blatant disregard for a fun and balanced game. Unfortunately, the more subjective the system, the more likely you are to get disagreements and hurt feelings. A hard point limit is objective and less open to interpretation and quibbling.

Taking units that are capable of accomplishing a goal is just basic list-building. If you find that hostile and exhausting, you should find a hobby that doesn't involve competing against other individuals as a core component.

>Want to play 40k
>No friends
>Local GW is packed with kids, autistic neckbeards, and awkward spaghetti-dropping teenagers
What do? :(

Go seal clubbing

Played a 2vs2 2000 points yesterday and it was nuts.
I expected a "veterans" game and brought a good but fair list (A marine pod, Grav-cents with no bullshit added, a piromancy librarian with Tome of Velkona and deep striking ASSAULT terminators).
Turns out one of the players was at his third game and had footslogging Tau.
Tried our best to teach him and explain him rules, tables and such but he was such a dick the whole time that in the end I bursted out at him. He kept bitching because "people told me Tau were strong" and "Meh, I'll just get Stormsurges!"

But they're precious creatures, and i don't need to nor want to. And seals don't play 40k...

>Super excited about the new release
>Preorder everything, including linited WoM book
>All of this talk and proof of them being incredibly mediocre and one of the most overpriced unis in the hame has completely taken the wind out of my sails and I amd considering just cancelling all my preorders

Why cant I just be excited for once without getting burned

Chapter generator.

>games workshop is changing for the better they said!
>rules that are still trash with completely random quality

Fulgrim's been cloning his ass for the past 10,000 years trying to get ONE of them to agree to Chaos it up. None have. If ONE of those clones gets away, Ferrus is back.

And all GW has to do for Sanguinius is say "The Sanguinor was his ghost and possessed Dante."

Hey I don't remember making this post.

But it's exactly how I fucking feel.