Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your favorite part of the world?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/1816336/dwc2Sg
f-list.net/c/Hassana
youtube.com/watch?v=NaBI1SqIhak
docs.google.com/document/d/1bAIDzGfqyiMAzFJ5Ka2gwuguqAud5oxBi-g7kQCfORw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

two not awful OPs in a row?

Its a thanksgiving miracle

REMINDER THAT THERE'S A ROTJR IRC.
#RotJR on rizon. Take it there.

For me, I like Eagl- I mean Andoran.

I need to create about 7 more possible DMPCs for the party to recruit for their excursion into the base of the current story's villain.

They decided to go and recruit as much help as they can, and unless I can find temporary players, I'm going to have to play them all.

Right now I have an Elven Slayer focused on using a Curved Sword, a gunslinger with a multitude of weapons, and a Tattooed Sorcerer. Any other ideas that, at level 4, could create some interesting characters I could hand off to temporary players if possible?

Did you miss the part in the last couple threads where some idiots made a pregnancy formula?

that's that sleeping eagle guy or whatever sameposting repeatedly

we just ignore him

Yeah, but it wasn't in the OP, so it's fine and contained.

shhh

we've got decent OPs at least

Its ok

Its.. Its going to be ok.

I really hate the whole pushing of the "lol thicc/motherly" agenda.

So, I had a thought. Part of the problem of having multiple people run RotJR games is that they won't get to play, right? What about if someone runs a game for THEM (like a month ahead of the other games), so they aren't left out?

Andoran because that's prettyuch the only one I know
One thing I don't get about it, why is the number declared high or low? Why not just pick one and stop complicating things?
A Brawler that punches with gauntlets and also throws them

Sounds great user! Are you DMing?

The number is high or low because the range is variable, a human could have a low of 1-26 while a half-Orc could have a low of 1-31

You know that sounds fantastic.

Only played pathfinder a couple of times and I was wondering if I could get some advice/recommendations on gear, special materials, and enchantments. GM wanted monster races so I'm taking the opportunity to play a centaur gendarme, even if its cliche its new to my group and should be fun. Level 3 so I have 3k gold right?

New thread, time to shill! I'm running a mummy's mask game in a few weeks, Imma link it here and see if any of you goys wanna play

app.roll20.net/join/1816336/dwc2Sg

Honestly, I wish there was more info on the Sodden Lands

I'm the over-DM in this case, so yes.

Yuuuuup, level 3 is 3k gold! Not enough for most special materials, but enough for a spiffy suit of plate and a masterwork lance with longsword.

or you can blow it all on a handy havensack (tm), the best magical item in the game

Sounds good to me, a shame though since I heard someone talking about elysian bronze and it sounded super cool.

Maybe one of the caster will do that, I feel like I'd rather have my bread and butter gear squared away first.

Any cool miscellaneous items you guys like?

>Any cool miscellaneous items you guys like?
Weapon Cord, that's what I go for. Also smokesticks can be useful for the right situations, and you can never go wrong with 100ft of rope and a crowbar.

Also, since you're a centuaur, you may want to make sure you have enough money for armor, since it costs extra for non humanoids. Maybe also getting a horse blanket and some saddlebags.

>you may want to make sure you have enough money for armor, since it costs extra for non humanoids

Oh god you're right, looks like I'm going to be sinking a huge chunk into something just to fit me because >large nonhumanoid

I'm a big fan of Nobodygivesafuckia.

Fuck it, I'm a game.

I'm running RotJR Fridays at any time between 4pm and midnight Central. Text only.

NUMEERIUHHH
FUCK YEAH

Is that the only time you have available? It might work for enough people, but two options are usually better.

Either way, get in touch with the GM on roll20.

Awesome, link to the game?

That time works for me at least

Gimme a sec, i made this decision in the car. I still have to set everything up.

>Something something BioDread Empire something something Casshern something something Yor's World something something RIP AND TEAR something something

I finally found the character art I intended to use for Ricktor. I'm glad I have it in my character art folder now.

Strangely enough, that's the exact artwork I used for my Dark Tapestry Oracle.

He looks like a hobo

So par the course for an NTR guy.

I like the witches area myself. The whole Reign of Winter path was really fun to.

I need to get a picture for Rinka

That's the picture I've used for my City Thief in a Dungeon World game. It has that "sly & slicky smartass" feel to it.

Fire emblem Rinka?

Irrisen.

Did you look at the rats posted in the last thread?

Yeah there was a fairly sickly-looking ratgal in the last thread.

SO!

I am going to run the game, however Main GM has informed me to hold off on starting untill either the main game starts, or more people are on board with DMing. Or playing.

The character is essentially homeless. He lives in a church's attic.

Yeah none of them are right

I'll have to descend into the world of horrifying furry art most likely

So what hobbies does your character have?

I have no idea what either of you are on.
or about.

Okay, skinny gunrat. Anything else?

yeah, sadly rodent art is lacking compared to other beast men out there.
Even my rodent folder is honestly kinda small, smaller than i would like at least

Welcome to Golarion Lore

>Character 1
Making sweets and eating sweets
>Character 2
Collecting figurines

Skaven seems like a good tag to search for

character one
Playing cards

Character two
Massive Overeating

Character three
Playing games with her children.

Drinking, hunting small animals, bullying small people, and playing the didgeridoo.

I'll go roll through FA, see what I can find for ya

All about Iblydos. Most of the rest of Distant Shores gets to be runner up. I can't decide if the Inner Sea areas are the worst because they have bad concepts, or if they just seem worse because they've had more attention from bad writers.

user, you're the bravest of us all.

Eh, more like desensitized.

The most aggravating thing I've had to deal with so far is they went and changed the layout since a few hours ago.

How realistic/cartoony are you after?

Good god do I want to get an AP in Ilbdydos, characters fighting cyclops and becoming Hero-Gods? My kind of jam!

Eating all the trail rations and blaming them on rats.

Don't say I never did anything for you user f-list.net/c/Hassana for all your ratty needs.

youtube.com/watch?v=NaBI1SqIhak

What manner of squeaker are you looking for?

Albino and that's about it

Y'all don't have to go through FA for me I'll do it myself later tonight lol

Pretty good, I'll see what non-smut I can pull outta that for our girl Rinka.

In the mean time, I found this. I didn't even have to crop it or nothin'!

This one was apparently made for a pathfinder game as well. Who'd'a thunk.

What is this, a Servant of Ants?

>want to try my hand at DMing for /pfg/
>only really ran a shitty oneshot

Plenty of people are jonesing hard for a game, and there's probably a few decent oneshots you could pull if you don't want to be locked into something long term.

Everybody's got to start somewhere, user. And I'm sure there's any number of thirsty motherfuckers in the thread who'd love to try your game.

Everyone has to start somewhere! Just throw something together!

I was just looking at thumbnails before I posted it.

Stupid sexy Skaven.

Nezumi-bito, actually.

Is having a 14 in Charisma really that damning for a Paladin or Commando? Or should I aim for a 16.

Couldn't tell you about commandos, but a paladin's CHA-based features are beneficial enough that there's very little reason NOT to get a 16.

It's not damning, but the bonuses from Gambits would suffer beneath a Charisma Bonus of +2.

So here is a thought. If finals doesn't leave me a hollow shell of a man, I might try running We Be Goblins/We be Goblins too/some other low level modules for the holidays. Would you guys be interested?

Hello people, its me again

Working on an Initiating Skald archetype, themed off of Heavy Metal, called the Man O'War. with options based off of different subgenres of Metal.

About halfway into this project, I realized I knew very little about the different metal genres, since I mostly listen to Power, Classic, and occasionally some Prog. So I need help getting ideas for different bonuses and gameplay niches for each genre to provide.

So far these are the genres I'm working with
>Black
>Death
>Folk
>Heavy
>Glam
>Power
>Prog
>Speed
>Thrash
>Industrial

Each genre will get a basic set of abilities at 1st level (replacing Bardic Knowledge) and a more powerful set at 7th (replacing Lore Master), with each set having a passive ability, and an ability that triggers when you perform your Raging Song. Each set will also be named off of a particular band or song in their respective genre.

Currently, I've been having a hard time choosing abilities that best represent the genres. I've got a few ideas for names of abilities, and a few of the sets (like the 1st level set for Black and Speed) are done, but currently I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew, and need some help here.

Here is the Link to make comments and for you to otherwise comment and point out where I'm being a retard.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1bAIDzGfqyiMAzFJ5Ka2gwuguqAud5oxBi-g7kQCfORw/edit?usp=sharing

Also, if anyone has any pics of heavy metal Bards/Skalds, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the offer, but We Be Goblins doesn't tickle my fancy. Don't use me as the example though.

Just to spite you, the next OP is gonna be about pregnant monstergirl waifus.

So Rinkanon, anything catch your eye?

Hmm, so assuming a level 3 Half-Giant with 25 Point Buy, I'd ideally be looking at a 16(+2) 13 (-2) 14 11 7(+2) 16? Or would a 16(+2) 13(-2) 14 11 9(+2) 15 work better.

I just want to make this GENETIC FREAK the King of the Ring!

Have you considered going animu kemonomimi route? That would be more in-line with other applicants. Not that I have anything against actual ratgirls.

We had that once. Blowed up even more than usual.

love that pic
that is what broken blade should be

>that is what broken blade should be

And that is what I will be using Broken Blade for, user.

No blades no bullshit, just fists and the desire to acquaint them with an opponent's face.

Well outside of that being boring and ratfolk not being like that in golarion, it does run counter to what the player had put down for her backstory, which specifically includes her being ostracized for being a ratfolk.

Being kawaii uguu anime would kinda... make that not work.

And how would animu fit in better with other apps?

It could be less appearance and more superstition.

Suppose some people think Ratfolks brought the plague or are natural kleptomaniacs like kender, etc.

>Suppose some people think Ratfolks brought the plague or are natural kleptomaniacs like kender, etc.

People don't like ratfolk because they look like filthy stinking vermin.

They also love to hoard coins.

good
however
going back to your stats
15+2, 12-2, 14, 13, 12-2,16
with the level 4 +1 into str to make it an even 18
giving you , 18,10,14,13,10,16

Isn't that one awoo paladin going with traditional wolfgirl look? There is also a DSP kitsune instead of the Paizo version.

Besides that, I am not saying he's doing anything wrong. I like the picutres provided and asked only because finding something animesque could be somewhat easier.

>implying it is any old coins
should only be the rarest
kept in a little case, with a tiny engraved plague underneath explaining their significance

The only kitsune I know of in the game is either fox or human, no accessory-hairband middleground.

We've got more nonweeb characters than weeb ones.

so jews of golarion?

I know nothing of the setting but the map made me sorta want to check it out.
Good accidental marketing, OP.

>People don't like ratfolk because they look like filthy stinking vermin.
>They also love to hoard coins.

But user, Dwarves already are stereotyped as the Jew-race.

god damn it /pol/

I mean, pretty sure he COULD do the "accessory-hairband middleground" but just chooses not to for flavor reasons. Kinda hard to pretend to be a human if you've got animal features.

Man, I want to be friends with a ratfolk numismatist.

>mfw the Colossus of Cassomir, the Titan of Taldor is actually a fairly intelligent fellow

I love it, user! Though half-giants get a +2 to Wisdom, not a negative, so he'd be wise as well as strong!

All the better to teach children about the virtues of a balanced breakfast, good exercise and fair play.

In my world, ratfolks tend to take the role of Kenders. A race of street-urchins who pilfer food, steal coin purses and hide out in sewers. The only reason they weren't evicted was because they "paid" rent so the corrupt lords turn a blind eye to their crimes.

Sorry, I just still can't get accustomed to how non-fluffy that game is. Where are the fluffy tails /pfg/ is famous for? I guess I'll have to finish my blinkling shota maid trap to counterbalance that.