What are your favorite airships Veeky Forums?

What are your favorite airships Veeky Forums?

Mine's dieselpunk and lost technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

aoiwaffle0608.deviantart.com/art/Implantation-452464570?q=AoiWaffle0608/35682578&qo=113
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't really care for them, but I did like A Princess of Mars and its light-powered airships.

Requesting the pic with the airship running on fire elementals. Surrounded by a ring of fire.

You ever hear of "fancloth"? It's an idea that some futurists have proposed for nanotech-based flying machines. You get a wire mesh like a screen door, and in every empty space you put a tiny propeller. The result is a ducted fan with an enormous surface area. Probably not at all feasible, but it's cool. I like the idea of a lighter than air vehicle (if we're using nanotech anyway, might as well have the frame itself be lighter than air through vacuum vessicles instead of needing a gasbag) with these huge sails extending out perpendicular from its central axis in every direction. The sails are fancloth, so rather than being at the whim of any errant breeze they can push against the current. Generate their own wind, so to speak.

Can't help you with that, but have this.

I prefer to run them off troll physics.

Look up eberron airships

That's the shit. Give me one of them, a foul-mouthed parrot, a crew of motley misfits and a good heading.

They can also use air elementals
So lightning

It's incredibly stupid and silly, but I'll always love Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Would love to play in this setting
>Pic related, my PC

>implying you'd actually be able to pull off Jack Harkness without coming across as a That Guy.

As would I.

Reminder that this guy's airships are powered by vore, and sky whales.

Vore? They have "float organs" that are bio-genetically grown but there's no vore... what are you smoking man?

I love it too, user. It's an absolutely terrible film.

what else do you call a girl being digested by a heart?

>An airship styled off of 2000s internet culture

I post-ironically want to make a meme-punk setting.

Wh-what...?

I've dug pretty extensively through this guy's website (mostly in moon runes) and have seen nothing of what you speak about. Unless I'm missing something and you have a link or something, I think you're confused with another artist.

ok maybe not gore per say. But close enough for my tastes.
aoiwaffle0608.deviantart.com/art/Implantation-452464570?q=AoiWaffle0608/35682578&qo=113

Oh wow, guess my deviantart filtered the naughty ones! Had no idea he was a perv.

I'm by no means a fanatic. He's just a Nip with a really cool art style and a few good worldbuilding ideas. He really captures the lost-tech vibe well. A shame he ruined it with stupid cutesy stuff and piddled away a decent original world idea.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like his ships too. Certainly plenty of inspiration for my own world building endeavors.

Just wanted to remind everyone.

Where's the pool?

Since I'm also kinda piggy backing off some of his ideas, care to share what you've been inspired to create at all? I love this kind of stuff.

I was originally going to go for a Victorian era sky ship world. Still have a bit of that age of mystery as things go unexplored, the world had vast storms to the south that diddled with magitech infuriating explorers the world over. The race to the poles was on (and the clock started ticking before people discovered they actually lived on a very spherical toroid, rather than a proper sphere). As 2 great empires hit that point where colonialism starts to backfire, struggling to remain whole and relevant in changing times.

Which then morphed into let's do that but with more studio Ghibli. So less worrying about your crew of several hundred getting lung rot and the constant worry of getting more coal behind enemy lines, and more whimsy despite retaining a core nugget of depression. The toroid became many flat worlds. I threw in some non-humans, and have been debating the central tension involving a rogue "planet x/nibiru" sister planetoid to the main one, showing back up in the form of a pseudo living space ship maintained by the remains of a fallen civilization consuming the very essence of reality to maintain itself.

I might as well throw some of my pictures to the mix if I'm going to babble on.

I kinda like zerahypts aesthetic...for the vehicles at least

If they are space whales, does the ships explode into blood and gore when you shoot them? If yous earch properly, can you find the girl humanoid bump fused to the inned piece?

>I post-ironically want to make a meme-punk setting.
Too late; /pol/ already elected a president using rare Pepes.

Anyone any more ships like this?

Moorcock style stuff.

Those look like zeppelins, dude