Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Dong Hunters of Retcon Library Edition
I'm doing summaries again Sub-Edition
Last time on Horus Heresy G we still discussed Primarch world conquering and conversions/art changes/BL and their fluff changes(and turns out we're the best 30k community out of the alternatives), Mr. Bones and pumpkin headed Night Lords made appearances, World Eater corpses make comfy chairs, and we refused to dig up ancient history. All of this plus more in the old bread! >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

1st for AL, Grey Knights and Custodes being the all star players of the 40k End Times that usher in the Age of the Emperor

And they're all led by Omegon who was Valdor the entire time.

Let's pray that doesn't happen. That's not even truly related to the current timeline of 30k. Grey Knights aren't even a thing yet.

There is always "Magna".

Her eidetic memory focused on Malcador's voice. "OUR Emperor has already commented on that issue". No one else mattered right now, she needed to talk with her father. She'd seen men born and die, and their children have children of their own, their bodies aging before her very eye, and collected information all the while, yet right now she was being reduced to a girl asking permission to her father.

"Halt" protested a gold-clad custodian. She would have been offended by the crossed glaives barring her way had she not reminded herself they were simply following orders and protocol. "Good day, custodians. I'm on my way to see our Emperor" she told them.

-None shall pass, said the leftmost Custodian, his voice betraying Haedo's identity
-I simply must speak to Him, it's a matter concerning all legiones astartes, not just mine
-None shall pass
-Well I cannot simply abide on that decision

"Lord Valdor abides,” said the other warrior, whom she then identified as Amon.
“I expect he does,” she said, reaching out to touch the beginning of the spiralling script on Amon’s shoulder. “You have an old name, Amon, a proud name. It is a name borne by my equerry, a student of poetry and the hidden nature of things. If the name maketh the man, does that mean you are a similar student of the unknown?” continued , as she pulled herself closer to him, her slender fingers still dancing upon the parchment covering his armour
“Defending the Emperor requires a talent for discerning hidden truths,” replied Amon carefully. “I pride myself on having a certain skill in that regard.”
“Yes, I see you do. You are an exceptional man, Amon, and I believe you will go far within your order" she said, her hands now caressing the side of her helmet. "I see great things ahead for you,” said XV, before adding, “and for you also, Haedo.”
Amon inclined his head at the primarch’s comment, and the two Guardian Spears were lifted aside, allowing her to pass.

Hey, can we get another glowing eyes pic of the other BL authors? Do ADB next, user. And for a more serious question to get this thread on track, what are you guys going to add to your army next? What are you going to buy next?

>I'm doing summaries again Sub-Edition
And I'm happy now! Thank you so much user
Because bread user is making thread summaries again, I'll consider it, but a bigger image would be nice to have.

>40k End Times doesn't even blow up the universe or nothing, and Emperor gets revived to fast track straight to Mary Sue mode and breaks out all the good secret deus ex machina he's been stockpiling.

Trying to add armor studs to existing models is the devil. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for studs?

>And I'm happy now! Thank you so much user
You're welcome.
>Because bread user is making thread summaries again, I'll consider it, but a bigger image would be nice to have.
Here's one of him with a baby. I think he mentioned somewhere in one of his books he has a kid, so it's probably his.

I found a pic, but besides daddy issues, what's there about him?

Pretty good.

Fact is, the second half of it is mostly copy pasted, I added like two lines. I swear this would be an ero flick if the primarchs were girls
Hey, that's nice too. How did you make it?

He's a Chaosfag that shills for Abby for a lack of better terms, or rather sums him up.
Thanks, user.

It's funny, I've seen the smiling Perty shoop so many times I get them confused now

>Abaddon becomes truly blessed by all four gods, ascends further than Horus ever did.
>the main Tyranid hive fleet arrives
>the necrons all wake up
>the eldar put into motion their plans to create Ynnead, the Phoenix Lords arrive for the final battle
>The Alpha Legion finally show their true faces as kinda maybe loyalists
>Russ, Omegon, Khan, Dorn, Guilliman, Corax and Lion come back
>Traitor primarchs all get off their asses
>Emperor is revived in a long winding scheme by the Inquisition/Omegon/Janus/Grey Knights/Custodes
>Imperiamania 40k free for all
>ends with the Emperor truly dead but Chaos grip on reality weakened. The golden throne and astronomicon are no longer necessary, for now. Eldar defeat Slaanesh and create Ynnead but just barely survive, they must continue to fight to exist in the 42nd millenium.
>Tyranids are mostly lured into the Eye of Terror and Maelstrom by the Death Watch, remaining 1% still enough to nearly destroy the eastern fringes of the Imperium.
>Most primarchs survive, create mini empires out of the remnants of the Imperium.

>New status quo in place from the 42nd millenium onward. Stagnant, but different.

That honestly sounds way cooler than what happened with WHFB end times where Chaos just plainly won.

Couple of seconds in GIMP with the airbrush tool. Adds a nice gradient effect.

Greenstuff and a (metal) mechanical pencil without lead.

1) Press a small blob of greenstuff onto the surface you want to stud until you reach desired thiccness.

2) Lube up pencil nib with water and press into greenstuff. Try to hit the greenstuff as perpendicularly as possible.

3) Carefully lift the pencil directly away (horizontally and you rip apart your work!)

4) You now have a stud surrounded by excess GS, carefully cut away excess with a lubricated tool of choice.

Is this from a video game? The way those SOH are textured makes it look like a promo screenshot from an in-engine cutscene.

>implying Iron Warriors aren't all pigs in human clothing

Gimp? I do it all in Paint. I even programmed once with paint
L-leave them alone, user! Petra isn't thick, she's just wearing big armour, that's al!

>Emperor is revived in a long winding scheme by the Inquisition/Omegon/Janus/Grey Knights/Custodes
>None of these schemes are compatible
>Half dozen Emperors created
>Each has their own color-coded gene-son forces
>Age of Emperor begins.

Angron did nothing wrong!

Also everyone's attempts to insult Angron are literally just agreeing with him.
>The Emperor should have left you to die.
>NO SHIT BUTTMUNCH!

Oh, GIMPanon, if you want to do that stuff with the eyes, you'd be welcome.

You're a best, ya know that? Might have to use different colors though. How about blue?

Aww thanks. Blue eyes? If you think it's look better then go ahead. I was basing myself on the new Primarch special eyes.

>If you think it's look better then go ahead. I was basing myself on the new Primarch special eyes.
>new Primarch eyes
That actual fits better.

is AA + PF on vet sergeants a meme or is it actually worth putting 25 points of gear on a sarge?

when that sarge insta-gibs a praetor, you'll see it's no longer a meme

Okay I did one of the Blighnade and I figured he'd deserved golden eyes so he won't deny us Inferno.

But I like the Dreadnought. It looks unique among them, and looks perfect for either one with Extra Armor or as a Contemptor Cortus.

I'm just surprised that out of all the shops I've seen on here, it's the one that looks least shops.

but do they need AA as well as the fist? I figured it was AA to tank AP3 wounds but I wouldn't wanna tank with a mister fister.

>it's the one that looks least shops.
Uncanny, right?
Huh, so that's how Blighnade looks like. Thanks user. I'm a bit tired, I'll think of a title later.

>High Test Petra
Hnnng!

>Huh, so that's how Blighnade looks like.
Yep.
>Thanks user. I'm a bit tired, I'll think of a title later.
Glad to be of help.

Would any of the new TS plastics be usable in a 30k force?

Maybe mixing in some rubrics into tac squads or using exalted sorcerers as librarians

Man, where have all the good looking GW employees gone?

Duncan and Rob are too busy making videos for Warhammer TV, as well as working on the Community pages.

Is a conversion Beamer Forge lord + rad missile servitors just a fun pick or is it actually good?

Also are they worth attaching a vigilator for that sweet sweet stealth?

They're a good alternative to Sniper Vets, both good against MEQs and monstrous creatures.

What I can tell from trying them once is that they rape quad mortar rapiers. That's all I need to know :^)

Would anyone get angry of this was posted on TFE for Goulding to see? I kind of want to see his reaction.

Don't do it man. No one likes someone who rubs mud on your face, which would be very different to him one day discovering that image on his own. I made the pic to entertain you, not to offend him, even if it does both.

You do know he's seen this one, right? Though he simply laughed it off instead of answering the question why stupid shoehorn retcons should replace old fluff.

What is this meant to portray, is it that the chestplates and the dreadnought look dumb as fuck? I mean they really do, who thought lets slap a shuriken on a table coaster.

I'd say that the Scarab Occult would be usable with minimal work, it'd just involve the removal of Tzeentch and Eye of Horus iconography. The Rubric Marines could probably be used if you want some really ornate TS Marines, and have some different helmets, weapons, and backpacks on hand to swap out.

with some work the Rubrics might make good Veterans

Maybe he could take offense at some guy grabbing a pic of him from his hockey team page, chopping his eyes away and adding butthurt-ish remarks to the pic.
But it's not like I can stop you. I hope he takes it as what it is. Just a silly joke.

>Author with daddy issues: "I am growing stronger"

>Emperors and Emperor accessories (Perpetuals) become their own faction with multiple sub expansions and various verisons of the Emperor and his craziest allies
>Codex:Emperor sells like hot cakes and out spam Space Marines because lol super special snowflake appeal.

>All the various microfactions within the Imperium complete their new Emperor plans at once
>Emperors now outnumber humanity

I really dont like all this new fluff surrounding the emperor

so what's the deal with imperium secundus and how is pharos the origin of the nids?

So I want to do a Primarch Quest, set vaguely on a desert planet in the Space Middle East. What method of war isn't covered by the other eighteen dudes? Human auxiliaries? Drop-pod assaults? Armored cavalry? Using the most advanced wargear?

Because if I recall right, we have - Speedy assaults, terror attacks, endurance, stealth, treachery, magic, religious fanaticism, cybernetics, fire and forging stuff, berserk rage, vampirism, wolf vikings, the balanced approach to warfare in two different ways, knights, and being the best at everything, just the best.

Is no niche left uncovered?

Armoured warfare. The primarch is a command upgrade for superheavy tanks. Access to all types of tanks.

Don't the Iron Hands do that?

Iron Hands and Iron Warriors. Pert himself has a pimped out Shadowsword with Titan Void shields and a transport capacity of 15.

So Mad Max scavengers who become a tank Legion? Could work.

That's basically just tallarn but marines. Which is kind of stupid.

Gotta sell those sweet overpriced Emperor and Primarch models m8.

His afterword in Master of Mankind seemed too biased for my liking, even though he did mention he was a primary Chaos writer and fan.

He fails to forget that Chaos is a mostly human faction and interchangably uses humanity with the Imperium when the Emperor himself says that the Imperium is just an empire that can be reconquered whenever. And he also says that any one faction can wipe out the Imperium solo which is just blatantly wrong, since its the other way around at least for the smaller xenos factions.

I think he spends too much time on bolter and chainsword to be balanced. Because wanking Chaos leads to underdeveloped "progression" like the transition to Age of Sigmar, and I don't want that garbage in 40k.

Some folks like me just want the good guys to chainsaw daemons in the face and throw civilian populations in death camps and conversion into mutilated cybernetic slaves. Because no other setting has that shit.

>e fails to forget that Chaos is a mostly human faction and interchangably uses humanity

Wrong, Chaos is mostly daemonic. These guys are the ones who really won the HH and basically are having the galaxy delivered to them. The corrupted humans are just there to invite them in.

> when the Emperor himself says that the Imperium is just an empire that can be reconquered whenever.

That's when the Webway was still in his possession. Fucking hell and you accuses ADB of being biased? The Emperor was talking how the Webway war is more important than whatever was going on out there in the galaxy. If the Webway war is won, then humanity's future is safe. The galaxy can be easily reconquered. However, with the Webway lose, you can see the Emperor falling into doubt and despair with him saying that humanity and the Imperium are doomed.

>nd he also says that any one faction can wipe out the Imperium solo which is just blatantly wrong, since its the other way around at least for the smaller xenos factions.

Obviously, he was referring to the Nercrons, Orks, and Tyranids. Each and everyone of them are capable of destroying the Imperium alone without Chaos's help.

sorry but you're out of date with the fluff - Eldar tried the Ynnead shit and failed. Catch up noob

To be fair 40k has alaways been about the inevitable death of the imperium as mankind makes its last stand against the coming darkness from all sides and chaos has always been the greatest threat.

Link to Audiobook of MoM that's doing the rounds?

>tfw Dank Angels are what I want in a Heresy army with their cool swords and bonuses to swords, cool Heavy Bolters, love of plasma, and other things
>Am Iron Warrior

That sounds like it might actually work, thanks user.

the thing holding me back from DA is the black armor

Will people hate me for using Anacharis Scoria? I really really like his rules (programming so hard that he programmed warp stuff is fucking awesome) and I'm a huge Dark Mechanicus fan, so he seems right up my alley.

Furthermore what's the best way to deploy him? With some footslogging automata or what?

Looks like 40k is progressing into Age of Sigmar tier with he lastest fluff advancements.

At least everything is not terrible in 30k even if the BL material is for the most part terrible.

40k is less retarted as 30k at this point with what they're doing to the big E

Isn't that just Blood Angels?

Nah, 40k has now established that the Space Wolves Runepriests were right all along and that there were no hypocrisy from the Space Wolves part on psychich powers.

>The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40,000 – in all its Gothic, towering, Cyclopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty – has taken its first irrevocable step.
Black Library confirmed non-canon.

oh for fucks sake really ?
still it doesn't irk me quite as much as the emperor becoming an emotionless social retard and the increasing likeliness of horus losing being JUST AS PLANNED to the point that the gods are the reason where he lost

I find it hilarious how much people are reading into a poorly worded summary of a book barely anyone has read yet.

I have just assumed for quite a while now that the Emperor was autistic based on the BL books.

It has been in print for at least 3-6 months prior to its release, it's coming out this weekend and a lot of redshirts has probably had time to read it.

Have you? Or are you taking the poorly worded summary on its own merits?

I think we know which one youre doing.

I'm assuming it's entierly true because it sounds just like the kind of writing that the team who also writes Age of Sigmar would write.

I'm not sure there is anyone working outside of FW at modern GW who is not a hack author.

In a way I dont blame you. Im more saying be cautious about assuming everything was exactly correct as explained by that guy. For example what did Ahriman do? We dont have the information yet, lets wait for the scans before declaring Fenris runs on the power of yiffs yeah?

GUYS!

I understand now! I read the Chaos Space Marine Codex again and with all the stuff I read in the Forge-World books and maybe one or two HH novells... it is clearer now.

There was a fucking reason the rebellion happened beyond "lol,chaos!".

The Legiones Astartes were warriors and soldiers, but the 40k space marines are so heavily indoctrinated they are basically a STC produced type of machine.

Yes, there is individuality...but not the same amount of indivudal culture as the Codex Astartes reigns them in as hard as possible.

Horus and his pals disliking the rise of the Bureaucrats and fearing that there would be no place for them anymore after the crusade was done were pratty damn logical fears.

Of course, they would probably not been canned like the Thunderwarriors, as you'll allways need policing and defensive forces (See RT era space marines arresting punks), but the price is basically being neutered.

Of course that price would have been worth to pay for a save imperiam...but still.

Shit sucks.

Either way; I have zero interest in modern 40k fluff. It's poorly written and it's for the most part very uninspired. I'm really more disappointed that it's not sticking with the status quo and that the writers are probably moving it into an Age of Sigmar direction.

fuck, rules of nature always gets me
what's the most RULES OF NATURE moment in 30k

I am afraid of that....

Still sad they killed Fantasy.

At least they can't turn 30k into something completely different than what it's intended to be.

let us rephrase this to "At least they can't turn 30k into something completely different than what it's intended to be..right?"

They will do it in a heartbeat if it sold better, in the future that is.

BL novells seriously skirt at the edge of this as I dislike most of the dudes they implement.
Luckily FW seems to have the good sense to pick their favourites.

I have a question on recon-squads.

I am planning to use 2 of them for my Outlander Black Shields to be used as teleporter stations and monstrous mechanicum squashers with sniper rifles.

Seems to be very risky though, with all the big template weapons running around.
I am unsure how much chameoline and scout armour would help.

PS:

By the whole thing, I mean that GW could just order them to do it.

Luckily FW seems to have good taste in general, which protected us.

I'm just saying that it already has an established template of what's going to happen. It's not like in 40k where anything can happen.

Sort of, yeah.

But they broke with old lore before, as I believe I remember that originally Garro and his guys were world-eaters instead or somesuch.

In ye olde heresy book.

He's a bit like Angron in that he doesn't really help his army much besides the truly gigantic pile of dead bodies he leaves behind him. His Warlord trait is meh, since in a Cybernetica detatchment you already have 24" controller range and the likelihood of any robot being outside that and really needing to make a sweeping advance is rather low.

His personal cybertheurgy powers are badass, and work really well on either Vorax or Castellax, bringing them to I5/6.

Personally I use him with 3 Vorax and Outflank him at the enemy, which will either wreck all their fire support or force him to fire nearly everything at the unkillable Dark Archmagos. Either way, you have a free turn for Dakka.

As he has no assault transport, he really isn't powerful enough to get butthurt about, especially if your opponents are running stuff like Ironfire (curse you for being so powerful, otherwise I would be tempted to start IW, but I can't play too fluffily without being a dick.) or Spartan deathstars. They do tend to get mad when they kill their special snowflake Primarch in one round of combat, though.

Sure. They could always do something retarded out of the blue. I guess they could just make it so that the Emperor actually never fought Horus and that it's just a clone sitting on the Golden Throne and that the real Emperor will return in 40k for the Age of the Emperor reboot of the setting.

>Omegon who was Valdor the entire time.
Surely you jest

Even if that is true, they're still using warp energy. It would even make their use of Fenris' power more questionable, as it has been established multiple times that Fenris hates things living on it and the deeper underground you live the more corrupt you become. Just like Caliban in the HH novels ....

Basically if it is true then Runepriests are tapping their power from a daemonic entity trapped inside Fenris is what I'm saying.

It's probably a whole lot safer to use than tapping directly into the Warp. Although, the Fenris spirits are probably still predatory even if they are not Chaos daemons.