Warhammer 40k General

Purging with my Kin, your wounds will not heal, fear is why you fall, confused with what is real edition

Last Thread Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Dark Eldar

Second to combine mechanicus when?

third for LEVIATHANS

So pink horrors are just unusable in their current form right?

Better left using the pre-split rules with friends?

I've decided to start up a Khorne worshipping Warband.

I don't know what scheme I want to do. The Iron Warrior lover in me wants to do them, but on the other hand, I also want to do My Dudes.

Wat do?

For fa/tg/uy in last thread who said he couldn't paint:
>Spray model Black
>Lightly paint whole model in primary colour (ie Red) so you can't see any Black underneath
>Use Black wash paint over whole model, but don't let it pool too much
>Paint details in other colours
>Wash that too
>Score 8.5 for painting abilty on dakka dakka

Take the IW scheme and alter it slightly.

Just do what you think looks cool. Paint up a model or two as color tests if you like and see which look you prefer.

Khornate IWs don't make much sense anyway unless you're going full Your Dudes with it.

Edition sounds like something out of a linkin park song.

Make them your own dudes with a similar colour scheme.

Edition is from a ETTSD episode.

Ive decided that im going to be building a tau list next so thank you all for helping with that decision.

>Being that guy with a boring army

>Tau
>boring
Come on man, you don't even know what he's taking. Fuck, he doesn't know what he's taking.

Splits are optional.

Yea I dont know what the hell im going to be playing but i know i want it to be suit tau but like i dont even want to actually use riptides because they are stupid. Tho tau do seem quite difficult what with the marker lights and all.

>tau
>not boring
>gunline:the army, with a dash of shoot and scoot
nice one, ethereal internet defence force

>Super anime robots
>Not being boring

>gunline:the army, with a dash of shoot and scoot
Tau haven't been gunline since the start of 6th. Do you even know what the Tau meta is these days? They are one of the most mobile armies around because they spam JSJ suits, be they Crisis or Riptides.

>what is an opinion?

Sorry user we cant all have superior tastes in armies like you.

But if you paint them like gundam they become less boring

That's okay champ, keep at it.

Buy the new battleforce.
1 xv95
1 xv88
1 squad of pathfinders
1 devilfish
Was there anything else? I don't remember
Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed. Then buy start collecting box, run 1 xv8 as a hq and the other 2 as mandatory troop choices. If you want to buy 2 stealth teams and the the OSC formation with the xv95 for ultimate anti vehicle rape since you auti hit rear AV. Then pick up some remora drones or a barracuda ax-5-2 from FW as they are great units. make sure to run drones attached to a commander with drone controller and vrt.

It comes with:
>1 Devilfish
>1 Pathfinder Squad
>1 Stealth Team
>1 Broadside
>1 Ghostkeel
>1 Commander

>Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed
Seriously, stop suggesting this. As someone who actually owns multiple Hammerheads, Devilfish and Railsides, I'm telling you it would look retarded.

wait is this for me or what?

ok how about converting 2 HRR into a single railgun?

Idk, are you the new tau player?
It is just a suggestion honestly, take a look and see what you like. But the new battleforce with the start collecting box is one of the best ways to start as you get so many good units.

i am the new tau player. Im thinking of running a farsight enclave just for the sweet suit troops.

My Leviathan killed Bjorn in glorious melee last Friday!

Could do that.

Yeah, that's true. Though iirc, there's at least a couple named Khornate IW, and if there's any of the four gods an IW would worship, it'd likely be Khorne or Tzeentch, in my opinion.

Might go with that.

More likely. I said this a couple of times back, but a HRR is half the width of a Railhead, and just over half the length too. You could perhaps set them up like a fusion cannon, as long as you didn't do it in such a way that they'd be mistaken for one.

Imperial Agents leak when?

I'm hoping for some Inquisition updates but I'm sure it'll just be a lame copy-paste job.

USE THEM ON WRAITHKNIGHTS NOT HEROES

No one in my meta plays Eldar :)

expect the leaks next week. this leak there will be traitor legion leaks

>implying a leviathan would survive the turn it needs to get a wraithknight in combat
>implying the wraithknight wouldnt just move 12" away and laugh at the leviathan as it tries to catch it with its stubby little legs as it turns invisible

I want a Leviathan, how should I outfit one? I Play Minotaurs with plenty of Forgeworld like a fire raptor, contemptor dread, sicaran and a Spartan (with TH/SS termies inside lead by Asterion)

New to 40k here.

I posted last week about my fiancee getting me some guard stuff for christmas. I'm getting the guard start collecting box, a command squad, GCS armoured claw box(which I wont use the GS sprues) and the cadian special weapons box.

Trying to make a small list for that stuff. Will vets work with armoured shield or does it need to be a regular infantry squad?

Mine solo'd a knight last saturday! Fuckin' 2 hull points off of the knight in overwatch, 4 more over the course of 2 combats! He survived to see the end of the apoc game!

Here's the glorious fucker FATMAN standing next to the trophy he helped me get for most frags.

>MFW my Google pixel randomly capitalises it's autocorrects

AUGH lets try something else

I usually give mine a Leviathan Storm Cannon, Siege Claw, the Hunter-Killers, Ceramite Plating, and recently started sticking it in a Lucius Drop Pod.

Does anyone know why the Leviathan comes with Frag Grenades anyways?

I was going to help you, but then I noticed that you posted the cute gril who does disturbing things.

Regular dudes.

I'm thinking about building a Haemonculi coven to supplement my regular dark eldar, what shold I aim for, lots of Wracks, lots of Grotesques, Pain Engines, or a balance of them? Or are they best as an allied force for regular dark eldar? Or vice versa? I play with chill friends (Tau who slowly phasing out for Skitarii, and Ork who's gonna get some 1k Sons, and a soon-to-be C:SM who's gonna run Cultists and Word Bearers).

>unpainted models in apoc
disgusting
also, please fix your gun barrels user, every time i seem it makes me sick

You can't go wrong with either of the ranged weapons, and the Severing Claws. It's also good to give it the Hunter Killer rack, especially for the hilarious amount of protection it provides from Weapon Destroyed. Armoured Ceramite helps too. And give it a drop pod. The Lucius Pod means it can STAY in the damn pod for a turn, and then charge the dumb motherfucker that stayed too close to it.

If you can remember it, note that ALL your weapon shots happen at the same time. So your frag-grenade can contribute to its ability to thin hordes out. Also the Severing Cut wounds spread to additional models. So if you play your weapons right, a Leviathan can easily shred through the entirety of a conscript blob in a single turn. Those 6 'thingies' on the outside of the sarcophagus are actually its frag grenades. It can shoot them into nearby blobs to thin them out as it charges.

Are you sure the Severing Cut spreads? Looking at the rule makes it seems like its just that one model.

Okay so im thinking about putting kroot into my list for some cheap fodder is it worth it anons?

>Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed.

Don't you dare use the rail rifle, it'll look dumb as fuck.
Buy a bunch of plasticard/styrene sheets. between 1 and 2mm, for a few (insert currency here) and make your own railgun, it's really not that hard. Find a suitable bottle cap of the turret and you're done. I'm half tempted to make one now just to show you'd be a fool not to.

It spreads by virtue of how wound pools work. Model takes a wound, triggering the Severing Cut, Severing Cut adds d3 more wounds. Because it doesn't explicitly state that they don't spread to other models, then the victims must continue to keep making saves until the number of wounds inflicted hits 0, or they run out of models.

It's mostly only D weapons that cause wounds that don't spread, and they explicitly state their wounds don't spread.

The hand that Chaplin Dreadnought is goofy looking as fuck.

You do know that the additional wounds dont generate more right?

Yea, so a Leviathan can at most deal a whopping 20 wounds on the charge. 5 attacks for 5 wounds, plus 5d3 from Severing Cut.

See, I told you Saturday I see you on here all the time. Our victory was complete. Ref even had to give reinforcements to the other team to keep us from winning so quickly- too bad they just deployed in the kill box created by our tanks, knights, drop pods, and dreadnoughts. Good game, my raptor brother. For Sanguinius and the Emperor!

You can either look up a realtively unknown canon warband, or fluff your own

Personally I only "my dude" my DE because they have so much potential, but play CSM as The Purge because they are surprisingly unknown and i love their fluff

Oh, I forgot it was each UNSAVED, I thought it was just the one roll

Does anyone have experience with running the R&H "Purge" detachment? Or even any Guard artillery army. I want to make a warband of The Purge (the CSM, not the formation) supported by renegade chemical artillery in the Purge (the formation, lel). Something like

>Nurgle Lord
>Plague Marines
>Regular CSM
>Obliterators
+
>As many blast templates as possible

I quite like the idea of the Purge as a warband ("life is cyclical and currently corrupt, kill literally everything for Nurgle so we can start this shitshow over"). CSM may suck and artillery may also suck but that doesn't really concern me. My main concern is that putting down that many blast templates means each turn will take over 9000 hours.

With the relatively recent errata adding 2 attacks to all space wolves and blood angels dreads, including named ones like Bjorn and Murderfang, anyone know if this applies to ALL dreads taken in either army including contemptors or even leviathans?

While the relic leviathan has a rule stating it cannot benefit from formation or detachment bonuses this change was for the dreadnoughts stats in each army, so i wonder if they'd apply

Has to be regular dudes. Their entire purpose in life is to cling to the tank and prevent melee enemies from charging it. To this end they get a 4+ cover save while they're near it, and it gets a 5+ cover save from intervening models (which you can boost to a 4+ using Camo Netting).

You can punish baddies that DO charge the squad by buying a flamer and giving the Commissar and Sergeant power weapons. 35 points.

Your turns will take literally forever, yes.

The plan is to turn it into a Dreadnought-sized Crozius Arcanum. Probably by taking two custodian shields and mashing them together on top of the pike.

Personally I tend to err on the side of yes. Which brings the hilarious fun of 3 attacks base Deredeos. Also if you email forgeworld about their dreadnoughts, they end up saying that all of their "dreadnoughts" count as dreadnoughts for formations. Hilariously enough their Chaplain Dreadnought also counts as BOTH or EITHER a Chaplain and a Dreadnought. So for them, you -could- bring a Leviathan or a Chaplain Dread in a gladius. It's just that because of the Leviathan's Relic of Darkness rule, it can't ever claim a benefit from whatever formation you stick him in. No free drop pod, and no rerolls to hit on his BS5 guns. While a Deredeo ~can~ claim the formation benefits, he doesn't realistically benefit from them since all of it's guns are BS5 Twin Linked.. And who in their right mind puts a Deredeo in a drop pod?

Thank you based anons

I prefer the Dark Artisan formation as a complement to a regular DE force. I also like the idea of the Grotesquerie although I haven't run it yet. Based on my experience with regular Grotesques and considering how much better the formation makes them it's probably pretty awesome.

Some other user I was talking with this morning seemed to support a similar conclusion

Some people like the Corpsethief Claw but it seems like overkill to me. Too unwieldy and it all counts as one unit. You'd be better off running 2 Dark Artisans or just 1 Dark Artisan and 3 Heavy Support slot Talos squads in my opinion (backed up by 0 experience since I only have 1 Talos and the 1 Chronos so far)

Ask in 30k gen about how to play IW, that's the closest you'll get to 40k The Purge

>torbjorn gets play of the game again
kek
that aside, its only the codex dreads that get it, FW deals with the rest of their stuff seperately

Fuck. I'm going to play a counts-as game and see if I can figure out how to make it take under 8999 hours instead. Because the idea is cool as fuck but boring the shit out of my opponent is not.

WWWHHHHYYYYY!!!!????!!!!!???

i mean we all need a spider in our mouths now and then user.

I ran an army that looked something like this last week:

3 Basilisks
Manticore
2 Wyverns
Command Exterminator w/ 2 battle tanks
2 meltavets

Played against 30k Space marines. He got stomped. Even without the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company (the reason I bought the models) that much ordnance can turn the map into a parking lot fast. He neglected to bring drop pods and without any way to attack my backline he gut buried.

In short, barrage and blast templates can win you a battle if you can keep the shooting units alive. Even Land Raiders (or a Spartan Assault Transport, in the case of that battle) won't stand up to the rain of pain an artillery-focused Guard army can shit out.

I warned you that she was a cute gril who did disturbing things, but you clicked on that gif anyways.

Gotcha. And while we're on the topic of dark eldar, Scourges are the current hotness these days in regards to anti-vehicle? I used to run triple Ravagers, or swarms of jetbikes (18 of them). Does inability to give incubi grenades at all now really make them useless as assault units?

And mandrakes don't suck ass anymore? I haven't played my dark eldar since 2012.

What list maker are you using.

Thanks. What choice should I take for the heavy weapons team in my HQ? I've went with a missle launcher, but from a more fluffy perspective I'd like to go with mortar, but I don't know if a mortar is a good choice or not.

That's actually a good idea, thanks user.

Thanks as well. I imagine the effect is even better when your blast templates stay around as a dangerous terrain blob for one turn just to fuck with the other guy.

Not him but I actually blindly clicked on it without checking the filetype. >mfw

>it's asked literally every thread
This is why we ask for it to go in the OP, guys. Not because it's good, but because it's pretty enough that everyone keeps asking. >tfw I was the guy who originally pushed Marines user to post the site I have to atone for my sins

The only problem with webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator is that it doesn't have any FW armies

How am i supposed to quickly draw up a Heretic + Renegade list for Veeky Forums to review?

>Scourges

There are mixed opinions on this, I like them. Haywire Blaster is superior to Heat Lance because it effectively has almost 3 times as much range.

>Triple Ravagers

Still a good strategy

>Swarms of Reavers

I love this but I only have 9 because they're expensive as fuck. Reavers are some of our best units.

>Incubi

Haven't run them so can't say for sure but yes people generally say they're fucked due to lack of grenades. I guess it kind of depends what you're running them with, and why?

>Mandrakes

I actually like them now but they still die in 0.5 seconds to anything Ignores Cover. They're mostly good for
>1 cheap trolling units to fuck with enemy target priority (if you aren't taking Blasterborn then you can just run 3 units of 3 infiltrating)
>2 can also shoot GEQs pretty decently and can camp on objectives

All of the retarded "no baleblast until you pain token somehow but the pain token is impossible to get because you have no baleblast" shit is gone lel

> Based NIPPLE marines
Ah it was a glorious battle! It's a shame they did not deploy their free deathstrikes wisely, instead trying to use them on singular targets. For Corax and the Emperor!

Yeah, it was pretty bad when they get a free guard army and orbital death strikes and still can't catch us in points. It was amazing.

What a good weapons to put onto crisis battle suits?

One of the most memorable matches I had versus the ork player was fielding all 18 of my bikes. Unfortunately I lost because he completed his week-long secret project of mechanizing his orks. My arrival shattered their local meta since I was the only one with vehicles (I had been told that dark eldar were worthless without their flying cardboard boxes). I ended up forcing the mechanization of the ork player.

I used to use my incubi to carve up MEQs and non-TT/SS termies, or Crisis and Broadsides. But now that cover saves are handed like candy AND I can't even use PGL's to make up for the lack of grenades, I'm wary of using them. A shame, since I loved fielding them in a Drazhar lead army. I even kitbashed that Drazhar.

C'mon GW, just give Incubi their tormentor's rules already and make them count as assault grenades. Or cancelling Overwatch. Or both.

Actually user that os exactly how I play. DG in 30k can also play like so with fun chem weapons. I'll post my list when I'm home

If you're going to be investing into more guard, don't.

The mortar is bad for two reasons:

First, it only performs well against GEQ and worse, since it uses a small blast with mediocre strength and poor AP. A densely packed squad of Space Marines will likely only take one unsaved wound, and TEQ, MC's, and vehicles walk through it like it's not there.

The second reason this is bad is because a LOT of other Guard stuff does that job. Rank-Firing lasguns can deal with crowds without having to invest the extra points and lack of mobility for a weapons team, and the Wyvern does better than an entire squad of mortars for an almost nonexistent increase in cost.

As far as heavy weapons go, here's your lowdown:
>Conscript Tier
Mortars, for reasons already stated. Heavy Bolters fall here too, since they're outclassed by other weapons for the same cost and appear on almost every vehicle in your motor pool.
>Trooper Tier
The Missile Launcher. It's a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. The Frag round has the same problems as the Mortar, and the Krak round underperforms against vehicles due to poor AP compared to other, more dedicated AT weaponry.
>Kasrkin Tier
The Autocannon. It's better than the Heavy Bolter against literally everything except GEQ, and as I already mentioned you have other weapons to do that job anyway. Unlike the Missile Launcher it uses rate of fire to deal with crowds instead of blasts, and hits at S7, which turns any infantry into paste once they fail their save - and at AP4, most of them will. And unlike the Heavy Bolter, it also works against vehicles.
The Lascannon. There's a reason Space Marines use it all the time. It hits like a train, can oneshot vehicles, and has great range. What's not to like?

Depending on what you want your HWT to do, you'll probably go for one of these two. If you're having your CCS sit out in cover instead of a Chimera, kitbashing or proxying a Master of Ordnance isn't a bad idea either.

Can anyone tell me how long The Devil You Know and Dead In the Water are (both audio dramas by Sandy Mitchell)?

Going on a road trip soon but Black Library doesn't mention their length like newer dramas.

New Tau user here and this is the list i drew up in like 20 minutes. Do me a favor and tell me what i did wrong.

About 1 hour 20 minutes each.

Dead in the Water is the better one if you're torn between choosing.

>It's got to the point where you can no longer have various fluffy units and have a decent list
I hate that CSM have no barrage weapons

Put the two of same weapon on each suit in the entire squad
Burst cannons for anti GEQ (But fire warriors cover this)
Plasma rifles for TEQ
Fusion Blasters for Vehicle hunting

If you're going to be bad at JSJing away from melee (like when fighting GSC), consider adding maybe one or two flamers if you have points to spare.

>1475 points
Buy sniper rounds for the Kroot, they make them worthwhile.
Split your Pathfinders into two teams of five.
Drop counterfires on the Broadsides, they really don't get much use out of it. Replace with EWOs.
Don't buy more than two guns for any battlesuit because they can only shoot two. The only exception is throwing on a spare flamer every now and again for free overwatch hits.
The FSC Broadsides probably don't need stims but do what you want.

While not optimal you haven't made any glaring mistakes.

sorry the website freaked out on me and i could only do about that many points before losing it all when i had to refresh. But thank you very much for the input i thought i was going to be berated for using kroot. im trying my best to figure out how to use the support systems.

scourges are great, haywire blasters all round, though heat lances can also work, just takes a bit more work
i usually DS my scourges unless theres tons of LOS blocking terrain
triple ravagers is good, though it is expensive for what you get, especially since you oinly get 2 at full BS when you move
reavers are fucking god tier as long as you neutralize any ignores cover with/near their target, but they will gut most targets they get a charge on, units of 6, cluster caltrops. beautiful objective grabbers in maelstrom, especially turn one when they rock out with a 2+ jink save
incubi are alright, but getting into combat can be a chore, only invest in them as a bodyguard for a succubus, in a venom or raider with a webway portal
mandrakes are good at sitting on a objective in ruins and harassing lighter units that deign to come near but should avoid ever exiting their ruins ever

>people is genuinely surprised that the TS as a codex is weaker than the space wolves aka Kelly's chapter
I told you anons, didn't I warned you?

Bretty gud user, just going to list out what I'd do with those models
>Don't mix weapons on Crisis suits. Always have 2 of the same, and if you add a 3rd weapon it should be a flamer for overwatch.
>Give the commander Iridium armour for survivability
>Give Kroot Sniper rounds
>Split the Pathfinder squad so you can markerlight two enemy squads a turn
>Drop the Bonding Knife ritual on the Broadsides and Crisis suits. It is useless until the squad gets 4 heads or more.
>Drop Counterfire defence systems too, if you're being charged all you're doing is paying a premium just to spite maybe one extra guy.
>Drop Stim on the Broadsides, Railsides are backfield and it's more cost effective to just buy more troops
>Ion Accelerator on the Riptide, you have enough anti infantry going on.

DAILY REMINDER THAT CRISIS SUITS ARE STRICTLY SUPERIOR ORK NOBZ, IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY
> 22 POINTS
> 3+ Armour
> 2 Attacks base
> Better Leadership
> NO MOB RULE, YOUR DUDES DON'T KILL THEMSELVES
> RELENTLESS
> I2
> BS3

Show me in the codex where Crisis suits can buy klaws, I'd happily pay a premium for squads of motherfuckers with pile bunkers for arms.

Bonding knife ritual is required on all units that can take it in a farsight enclave.

> ONAGER GAUNTLET
S10 fucking melee.