/btg/ Battletech General

Hatchetman Hello Edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

MechCommander & Mechwarrior 3 pilot voices and SFX
mediafire.com/file/pehas5xyoaocfaz/2016-11-12_MechCommanderGold-Pilots-with-Instructions.rar
mediafire.com/file/wplodo9q9f1f377/2016-11-19_PC_Mechwarrior3-SFX-Vocals.rar

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_Missile
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hatchetman Adieu

>Axman without hatchet
Some people just want to watch the world burn

>Can't fire shoulder missiles while carrying handheld

That's Stalker II levels of retarded design. I can't recall if the rules were changed before or after that though. I know the experimental Quickdraw had the PPC in it's head specifically because of that problem.

lol mwo, you tried

Glorious Dracs don't need filthy hatchets. We have honorable --samurai-- swords folded two million times to be sharper than a laser.

That reminds me, did we ever get official sheets for the fluff drac sword refits for the Hatchetman and the Axeman?

What are some mechs without hands, but without much in the way of guns in the arms?

Ostsol, Ostroc, Ostscout

Ostscout is the classic. Shim should have never given the new one proper hands.

>roc and sol
>no hands

Ostsol has hands

I stand corrected. I somehow got it confused with how originally FASA tried to use the Macross battlepod for the Ostsol and Ostroc. It's been a long day, gentlemen.

Awkward drawings or do the Osts actually do the swag walk?

Cicada?

Of course the Ostsol has SOUL

Hatchetman best mech.

Was there ever fluff for that?

I remember fluff for them building Hatchetmen (Hatchetmans?) but those were basically hand-done and their Hatchets kept breaking until the Dracs finally figured them out after like five years of trying to replicate them.

And then when they actually tried assigning them to warriors they were "Fuck you and fuck this, it's a knock-off of a foreign machine with a barbaric hatchet on."

The original fluff was about Dracs retrofitting salvaged ones they got from fighting the Draconis March because the samurai were refusing to pilot them.

I don't recall the Dracs actually building any, but maybe they got the ability later or captured a plant. I mean hell, they own Robinson in the DA.

well lads, it's a new thread, so let's go

Introtech machines with Thunderbolt missiles, get to it.
Bonus points for 3050-style refits of said designs

>I don't recall the Dracs actually building any

Old fluff in TR 3025 had them trying to replicate it and there was something in the old THB as well, which was why the front cover art was of Hatchetmans with Drac emblems on.

They never actually had a factory, it was all bespoke.

The Suns' HCT factory, assuming it survived the Jihad and Dark Age, is on New Syrtis.

Apparently there is a sheet for the -5K but it's a Jihad-era design.

I always wanted a disposable Battlepod type mech along the lines of the Ost-series. It had to be something that would be a decent challenge and yet not weak like one of the bugs.

What do you mean by disposable? Just cheap? A drone? Industrial mech with guns?

About to send a few mechs off to Plog, and one of them is a medium with a partial wing that is about as close to being a LAM as you can get without dedicating space to transforming. But I don't have a strong picture in my head for look or pose, so...

Post your favorite mechs that look like they live in the sky, from any franchise or artist.

Kind of like a bug. Something mass produced you could use to fill out a light lance. A stepping stone to a better mech later.

I want to make mechs with the One-Shot Thunderbolt missile, but I can't seem to find it on either MegeMek Lab or SSW.

Forget this. I found the OS under experimental tech. Stupid me.

Replace A/C-10s and A/C-20s with Thunderbolts.

Et viola.

Carrying stuff prohibiting torso weapons from firing has been a thing since at least 2E. The only general rule change that had an effect on handhelds I'm aware of is that mechs carrying 10% of their total weight in their hands no longer suffer a -1 MP penalty.

The AXM-6T has problems way beyond limiting its torso guns, namely the fact that many of its handhelds are crappy anyway, notably the one consisting of a single ERML. I mean, it has four ERMLs in its legs, why does it need to carry around another one? And if it does discard its handheld to use the T-Bolt 15s, it only has 8 shots for each one.

bushwacker? bushwacker bushwacker bushwacker

This doesn't really apply to the Thunderbolt challenge for Introtech machines, but I couldn't help myself.

Now make a Thunderbolt with Thunderbolts

Easy Peasey,
the Catabolt

>bushwacker
>can't even jump, let alone fly

excuse me wtf r u doin

OK.

You really need 3050 tech to make it worthwhile. Otherwise I guess you could drop two of them for some HS but your damage drops below what the normal variant can manage.

>this seems like it would be a fun setting to run an RPG. Any suggestions on what to run it in?
People sometimes use Traveller, Gurps or Shadowrun for it, though I suspect the 2nd or 3rd edition of MechWarrior are most common. Everything is flawed in different ways... what systems are you familiar with, and how much character detail do you want?

One would hope that's automated, though I suppose their automation could've failed. Have you checked your spam filter?

>Post your favorite mechs that look like they live in the sky, from any franchise or artist.

luks r erything, stats r nuthing

>You really need 3050 tech to make it worthwhile.
I disagree. A T-Bolt 10 nicely swaps with the LRM-15 on a stock Thud 5S, tonnage and heat are the same. Yes, you lose out on total damage potential and a few shots, but gain in damage consistency and concentration. I can understand why it might not be one's cup of tea though.

>Post your favorite mechs that look like they live in the sky, from any franchise or artist.

I almost wish these could be licensed to make modern versions of the Wasp, Stinger and Phoenix Hawk. I like the 11 Thunderbolt from Macross Plus as a great lineman.

Gotta say the mech from MUSHA although I don't know what Battletech weapons would translate into the rapid firing quad shots this thing has for a main weapon.

Post your favorite mechs that look like they live in the sky, from any franchise or artist.
Okay, this one with the wings.

From last thread:
Tried to make something that still feels very Zeus-like while making use of weapons CNC is known for. ERLL and ERPPC are no brainers, and CNC started incorporating ATM's into a huge amount of their designs post-abjuration. CMPLs because. Didn't change the engine, or internals because I figured that would get too far away from the spirit of the prompt.

普通は日本人で来たら左のに乗ります、改良され過ぎて原型が残ってません、変わりはいくつかありますが、壊して回ってる連中が居るらしく保険屋が騒いでる?あと俺のは鶏で無く七面鳥です

Freaking really?
What did happen to that vaporware anyway?

>What did happen to that vaporware anyway?

It became Mechwarrior Online

Thexder and it's sequel, Firehawk.

>finally get around to reading "Betrayal of Ideals"
>Wolverines were the good guys all along

I don't know how to feel about this.

Did you fellows like the story?

Is this still a thing?
sarna.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_Missile
It's the one-shot thing being only one ton that interests me.

No current rules or mention of it in recent books exist at the least.

They were too good for this world, I suppose. Plus it kind of makes the RL 15 and 20 even worse than they already are.

Dammit. I kind of wanted to make Dougram-esque machines with shoulder missile pods more befitting the source material. Oh well.

Along the lines of what Muninn asked...
is there any aerospace fighters or warships you like?
>Captcha "CASA LOVE"
Damn straight it's love for the Silpheed.

I was gonna suggest the Aries suits from Gundam Wing, but I didn't remember them looking nearly as twiggy as they actually do. But then I found this, which is mashup someone did of the Aries and Virgo suits, which is way more along the lines of what my brain had tried to remember them like.

Well, current T-Bolts can still basically fill in the role. Just use fractional accounting on the ammo bins to make the cumber of missiles total the number of tubes, though you do lose the ability for multiple launch.

Fun fact I just ran across reading the DA novels. The ruling family of Lopez relocated to Andurien after it got wrecked to kingdom come. In the intervening 55 years, they built huge exotic plant and animal management and safari areas on the southern continent, the biggest in the Duchy.

Why? To save the space dragons. That's right boys and girls, as of 3135, they're still around. Even the Duke of Andurien himself has a branth he rides around.

I would add the warships from that game are cool for their time as well. Stage 8 was a massive space battle if I recall.
Also I put in for the UN Spacy warships from Macross II.

I don't remember if regular Starfuries were atmo capable, but the Thunderbolts are just as sexy.

So what you're saying Lopez is now a post-apocolyptic Pern. Sounds like an amazing ATOW campaign.

I don't know why I like this hunk of junk, but this and the old rebel fighters from Star Wars before it became the crap it is today.

Wasn't exactly bad... and with the way the Zug and Ebon's groups diverged at Barbados... I have to wonder if the group that fed Chandy the line on the Blakists being Wolverines... was not infact Wolverine survivors out to screw with the Blakists.

Freespace had a few neat designs to it.

Needs more hatchets.

SSW and Sarna both have stats for them. Sarna lists TRO 3050: Upgrade as the source.

Done.

We must be the only two people in the western hemisphere that remember that game. I tried, but if you look closely, you'll see my math is off.

What about ships from Homeworld?
I loved the asymmetrical look of the Taiidan interceptor

Also the kind-of sequel for the Sega CD, Robo Aleste. I'm glad there's someone else with bad ass taste and memories around here.
Both games had awesome music.

FASA's Renegade Legion had a few good ships as well.

My all-time favourite space fighter, the Avery Model 212 Hornet. If there was something that made me love space stuff in the first place, it was the Terran Trade Authority books and that other similar series by the same author. I can't remember the name but there was one book about various aliens, including an awesome rock with a screaming face and another about a scout ship buggering off into the great unknown to track down an alien ship.

Reposting with more mechs.

Nope. The Thunderbolt of today is nothing like the Unbound version. Probably for the best, as IIRC it was supposed be only one missile per torso, going by the GM bitching I had a half dozen of the things on a mech at a FASA game once. And this thing.

Dear god, that illustration looks positively orky. It just needs a red-checked roll pattern around it and it would definitely be.

>I can't remember the name but there was one book about various aliens

Are you thinking of Wayne Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials? Barlowe's still at it; he worked with Guillermo del Toro designing some of the kaiju for Pacific Rim.

Swag life

I'm not falling over, I swear, this is fine. It's fine.

Man, there's a blast from the past. I used to spend hours poring over that book in middle school.

No, it turns out it was the Galactic Encounter series of books (published as the Galax series in Finland in 1980 or so). The alien book was the one on the left, named Aliens in Space in English.

On the right, the four (out of six) Galactic Encounters books that were translated here: Star Quest (the one about the scout ship), Aliens in Space, Space Patrol, The Fantastic Planet.

All of them shared the same format with the TTA books: tech fluff, story, etc. interspersed with awesome sci-fi art.

I really have to look up that Guide to Extraterrestrials, I've never seen it.

Isn't that the animated switched image that was grabbed from the old Ostsol pic? I had both the original and reprint of 3025 back in the day (I wore the hell out of my original copy).

My school used to have a bunch of futurist type books from that era. That style of art just brings back that feeling of reading them so hard.

Oh yeeeeeaaaaahh!

>Not sure if Hatchetman or Axeman, but leaning toward Axeman

Which mechs have the most spacious and/or comfortable cockpit?

The Shad's said to have a really comfortable cockpit thanks to its life-support system.

Command 'Mechs and ones with full-head ejection systems since those are supposed to keep the pilot alive for a while even in hostile environments.

>You will never be taken as a bondsman for an assertive QT3.14 ghost bear pilot
>She will never use her feminine charms to convince you of the clans superiority and turn you against the inner sphere coalition.
>You will never fight together back to back, trusting each other with your lives.

Life is suffering.

Ghost Bears don't take Bondsmen, they toss people out airlocks. Much rather be taken by a Goliath Scorpion Seeker, and go for exciting travels.

Ghost Bears are too boring to find interesting.

>get taken by a tsundere Smoke Jaguar
>nothing but alternating femdom sex and her ordering you to treat her like "trashborn" and dominate her with your freeborn meat

Life is indeed suffering.

If I were a Goliath Scorpion Seeker I would just abuse that power to take lower caste qts as living heraldry to try and get them better living conditions.

Exactly, perfect clan with whom to settle down in a second line unit once you're past your fighting prime and have loving, non-procreative sex.

>a warrior striving for a bloodname and a genetic legacy
>being attracted to your lazy desire to *actually* be posted to a second line unit or live to be "past your prime"

She'd probably rather bondsref herself than be with you, my man

I always loved that one.

Why not join the Diamond Sharks, where you can retire to make mad dosh but still be considered fighting ready if need be?

Or Hell's Horses, where any good member won't judge your second line status at all.

A Hell's Horses waifu might be what the user is looking for. They can even watch MLP together.

Is there a place to see them all?

I'd be willing to let her beat that desire out of me.

We freebirths have a lot to learn after all, and dying for her doesn't really sound too bad.

Please tell me this is not a meme now.

>tfw no mystic Nova Cat gf

So I was considering getting into Battletech but I was wondering what the preferred method of play was, board game or minatures game?

IT'S GO TIME

I lament this too, but 's waifu and the snakes made sure there's not many to be had anymore.

>TFW she bids "edge" to not couple with you.

There is that brand new Blue Gunner Booru somewhere online, but last time I checked the thousands of pics are being tagged very slowly. I think there is a category for "silly," but again, the site needs a lot of work. I think they might have the silly stuff like that again, but it'd be hell to go through at this point.