Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Maps edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread(s)

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62906/helnar
mega.nz/#F!L0xjUZaI!iZBKT3WaZb6HxjQ2XEhXGA
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-3rd-party-publishers/spes-magna-games---sorcerer-bloodline/ooze-bloodline
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62955/slash-pfg-slash-hells-vengeance
sys.Veeky
pastebin.com/HADMdGfg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting because i need a relatively quick answer.
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what stats/feats etc i might want to look for for a jojo (avant gard) kineticist?

Whoever had the bob ross sword idea, I thank you. Its now become the core of the character idea

i hope you're happy.

CON is king, it even gives you your number of spare Magnum Opus per day, and works on craft sculptures too which is hilarious.

Other than that, while your astral construct (that's what it is... remember that for feats, I think there's a handful that help) is capable of melee attacks - I like to think of it as a Force unit - you're still a kineticist, and only the level 1 starting blast got replaced. Blast and wild ability improvements are still wanted as normal, but remember you now qualify for shit like empowered shots, psionic shot, etc etc because you're a psi entity.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62906/helnar

Posting again for the new thread. Looking for players around Sunday, 6pm PST for about 3-4 hours to play in a campaign that focuses on dungeon delving, inter-guild fighting, city politics, and lewdness.

How harsh you guys are 3pps? I've only had games with Paizo-only DMs, so kinda curious.

I want to make 4 ratfolk npcs using Rat Stack and Tunnel Rat feats. Which funny/interesting/effective combinations you can suggest, /pfg/?

3PPs are for degenerates only

Most 3pp is on par with Paizo material. Both hits and misses. Some companies put out consistently better stuff, which is why you see it around here.

And this place is quite degenerate.

I allow most DSP material and Radiance House spirit binding stuff. Anything else is on a case by case basis.

That said, I'm really not sure if I'll GM Pathfinder again.

>Prepare for the anthro panther titty waifus

Start with naming one A Tiny, Clever Commander

"Little Creed"

>I need to have a word with the leader of these backwater, no dock having motherfuckers.

Post the last words of your most recently dead party member.

>I've tanked harder fighting drunk peasants!

I don't even know why I'm still here, I haven't played Pathfinder in a year. But you guys are my people.

"IF SERGE WAS HERE, HE'D GIVE YOU A FLOWERY SPEECH! I'M NOT SERGE! WE'RE ALL, EVERY LAST ONE OF US, GOING TO DIE, SO THAT THOUSANDS WILL LIVE. THAT'S ABOUT ALL THERE IS TO IT, SO, I GUESS, LET'S HOP TO IT?"

Cool thanks, and i still get Gather Power right? Im a bit confused about that. So the general idea is rather than shooting a blast i get my astral construct to punch someone an extra time per turn?

Then at level 7 i expand my element and also get a blast to use when i feel like it?

I want to make one of them drill sergeant fighter. I think, he is suitable for this role.

yes you do (the gambler replaces it though, but then what doesn't it!)

>"It's fine kids. You'll manage without me."

RIP team mom ;_;7

Only War?

Does an Augmented Blade that augments a ranged weapon fire ammo for it? It says it's augmented as if soulbolt, but that's probably in respect to what enchants you put on it.

>working on magus stuff

I WILL NOT TWINK OUT SHOCKING GRASP I REFUSE TO

Repost since I posted this one too late.

So I got invited to a game and decided to play a Kensai Magus. Been in it 2 sessions now and we're all level 2, though this DM allows most 3rd party stuff, including spells from 1001 Spells.

So, is there major feats or spells in third party content deemed essential for a magus?

I drew this up a minute ago glad someone might use it
Flood of Blades
4~6 man party
mininum 5th level
1 Ratfolk Cavalier+ X Ratfolk Rogues
>Feats
Combat reflexes
Gang Up
Paired opportunists
>Rogue talents
Finesse rogue
Assault leader

Keen Rapiers
flood chains:
> Critical hit
> [Outflank] Gives AoO to the middle Ratfolk
> [paired opportunist] grants AoO to all other rogues
> [keen rapiers] 25% crit chance
> ~64% chance to repeat

Well now I know what to make the next encounter for my players.

Feats you absolutely want:
>Augmented Elements
Get your utiliy talent back (this is mainly if you pick aether or really want the starter talent), and you also get a normal blast which may or may not be better than an extra punch, but is good for versatility and qualifying for composites down the line.
>Boost Construct
A huge permanent boost to your stand's power and versatility, this should be a very early choice, if not your first choice.

>Precise shot
Kineticists still need this if you're using your normal kinetic blasts. It's kind of sad. Hope your GM is sensible enough to homerule it out.
If you take blasts that target touch, you don't need it so much.

Feats that are nice to have:
>Advanced constructs
Optional. The new options it gives you aren't actually that good until the third tier, though even though you teleport your stand next to them, Reach is deceptively still useful if you want to do a lot of checking casters/ranged builds.
>Psicrystal Containment
You qualify for this feat. Always nice to have a scout.

>Kensai/ZS warder for evil game is becoming a Sadomasochist

I've gone too far and I don't want to stop.

What do I do

So I have an idea for a Shadow Oracle with the Blackened curse. I like the flavor and spells of Blackened but the penalty to weapons is a bit much, and I want to develop her as an avid follower of Desna. Since the penalty drops to -2 at level 10 to hit with Weapons, if at level 11 I took Divine Fighting Technique to get Cha to hit/dmg with a Starknife would that be alright? I plan on having a high Cha anyways for spells, spellcasting, spell DC's for my Shadow spells.

Also any other things I can do to sure up that -2? I'm not looking to optimize to the ends of the earth, just make it fun but functional. Also feat suggestions for doing cool stuff with a Starknife would be appreciated as well.

Is the unsworn shaman really that bad compared to a vanilla one? I thought that the added versatity could make up for the delayed spirit ability but I've never played one and all the threads I found on pathfinder forum seems to conclude that is trash

Can a creature that has normally only one Natural attack, do unarmed attacks on top of it if it gets Imp.Unarmed?
What if its like, a goat? Unarmed+Gore?

A creature with any number of natural attacks can make those natural attacks + any iterative weapon attacks they have (including unarmed attacks)

Building a Psychic Armory for the first time, though I've never played a soulknife. Any advice on feats or traits, anons?

3PP allowed.

Traits: Trick Shot (PsiAug Soulknives 2). Actual attack roll bonus and also best psionic talent.
Feats: Rapid shot, Psicrystal Affinity, and anything else you want; go to town.

Stacking archetypes:
-Be aware of the free gifted blade recommendation
-Warsoul stacks with PsyArm

Is the avowed's Aether Pulse a spell-like or a spell outright?

I believe it's the former, but I'd rather make sure.

>Aether Pulse (Sp)
It's a spell-like.

Hell, the entire text of it makes a dozen references to the fact it's a SLA.

So, if one were multiclassed or gestalt - it would likely be compensated for by the much lower damage in the former case - and used a conductive weapon, it would be possible to use Aether Channel (swift), and on one of the channeled attacks, charge a target, and activate conductive to channel an Aether Lance into them on hit?

Okay i got Psionic Body as my first level feat, so ill get Augmented Elements at level 3.
Having Wild Talent + Psionic Talent meant Psibody gave me 6 hp, which seemed good.

No.
For one thing, conductive melee weapons only work with abilities that are melee touch attacks, so aether lance is out no matter what.
Second, that falls under the rule that you can't use two different shapes per round.

>Psionic body
Holy fuck why, maybe it's useful at level 1 if your GM is going to shank you, but it's otherwise an awful option that pales in usefulness compared to what all those other feats could give you.
Do you even understand how your class abilities work if Boost Construct isn't on your priority list?

actually: You may only give one shape and modulation to a given aether pulse. The part that prevents the use user asks about is that if you are using an ONGOING pulse, you cannot use any other different pulses "unless otherwise specified".

You can (here comes the exception) use Aether Shield despite other ongoing shapes being active, IF you have the Aether Armory feat.

However if you had an ability that lets you fire off a weapon attack as part of a pulse, and that weapon were conductive, then you could have it carry a second, entirely different pulse if you wish, so long as it fits the conductive rules.

I allowed it a few times in 3.0, and I regret it. But, the player was a munchkin.

When I was running PF, I would have allowed DSP psionics and PoW, along with the Genius guides. When I run a game next year, I'll allow them also.

How often does Gelatinous Cube show up on the random encounter tables? I once ran a sewer adventure, and the Air-blooded Sorcerer and the Paladin almost died to one of them. The Magus who specialized in fire spells was sick that day.

hopy shit have you guys seen the pathetic "trove" 7chan is working with? mega.nz/#F!L0xjUZaI!iZBKT3WaZb6HxjQ2XEhXGA

GCs can be a character class now.
I so wanna play a borg cube...

>And thanks to the valiant efforts of.. uh...
>Is Futile. That's my last name.
>... And your first name?
>Resistance.

LEGENDARY GAMES WROTE A CYBORGS BOOK. JUST STUFFED ITS ASS INTO THE TROVE FOR YOU. MAYBE THAT'LL HELP? OR MAYBE IT'S SHIT? I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!

It's also a bloodline:

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-3rd-party-publishers/spes-magna-games---sorcerer-bloodline/ooze-bloodline

Resistance is futile. Suu is best girl.

Ah, the ever lovely QANON. You still have my eternal gratitude for taking the burden of trove upkeep off me.

QANON, where are you getting all these books from? With the way you pull extra ones out of nothing and all.

Is there a big pile that you only take the interesting ones from?

Probably how I got the books in my trove. Waiting for VH to clean stuff for us.

Posting the link to the Hammy/Lewd Hell's Vengeance.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62955/slash-pfg-slash-hells-vengeance

Is the game time a lock or is there chance that the hours can be changed?

Money, money, money.
How do you manage characters' gp income when you create an adventure?

Need some help deciding on a chargen dilemma:
Gonna be playing a Fool's Errand focused character. Starting level 5. My lock DC is 18. Should I take Disc. Focus or is 18 high enough?

Hello dear user/ette/s,would any kind soul have a link for Strange Aeons vol.3?

Higher DCs are always better.
Also consider that since /everything/ is a discipline weapon for FE, it's also a flat +2 damage.

However if you don't have any other style feats I'd recommend Fool's Errand style as well; the no-save debuff works well with multi-hit attacks but the real benefit is free lock once per round.

One of the npcs is a Barber shop chorus bogeyman from Earth.

>Sure, enjoy getting infected with living crystal, mauled by a shoggoth then dumped onto another planet with no air.
>Tribes that warn explorers not to explore actually being right? who'da thunk
SAUCE

>mfw pfg isn't covered in kitsune fag ops lately

What's everyone making for this campaign? I'm more interested in hearing concept than class, and how does it fit into the raw, smutty 1980s exploitation theme they're going for?

I am debating between the psychopath who doesn't dwell in reality, probably CE or NE, something along the lines of The Kurgen and Sweeny Todd. Or something LE so I can be a Hellknight. Idk. I like the idea that my character would talk more to his weapon than actual people.

A chelish noblewoman with more money than sense, a dim and smiling girl who, while cruel as expected from a hereditary noble in Cheliax, is mostly harmless. She travels everywhere with her big, fluffy pet wolfhound, who she spoils viciously.

AND AT NIGHT, THE JACKAL-HEADED SLAYER RIDES, LOOKING FOR NEW VICTIMS TO CORRUPT AND KILL, HER FIENDISH HOUND EVER AT HER SIDE.

Vigilante is fun.

Dude, what if the "character" is the weapon: A blackblade's managed to possess a poor, strong local and is controlling him or her like a meat-puppet, indulging in every base pleasure and vice as it works towards it's own ends in service to House Thrune.

>Vigilante is fun.

tfw serial killer archetype

Is that the Magus archetype? I was looking at that to pair with Vigilante or Slayer.

Yuuuuup, it's a Magus archetype, and one of the better ones too! Pair it with Slayer and you've got a one "man" killing machine constantly ridiculing it's flesh-form's lack of finesse or magical aptitude, forcing the poor thing to endure every blow or shameful act as it talks with a different voice.

That is, in fact, the plan.

Psychopath. Butcher. Villain and Monster. Much and more has been said of Jack Cormac, the infamous Warrior of Westcrown, a man of prodigious size and an insatiable capacity for bloodshed and mayhem. After a Nirmathan mace left him with a lifetime of debilitating headaches that only increased his blood-rage and addiction to healing magic, Jack was forcibly "retired" to Longacre where he has earned the unfortunate reputation of being the local sour apple, a war-machine forced to waste away in peace.

Until House Thrune calls upon him and others to complete ONE. LAST. MISSION.

>tfw you have no art for your character

Thank goodness you have a vigilante because that second book is very difficult without one.

that is a fucking beautiful hilt, my god. It even looks relatively well balanced.

So I'm in a vanilla Jade Regent game and due to my first character's untimely demise, my current character hasn't touched the magical seal yet.

I'm pondering seeing how long i can go without having them touching it, is this an awful idea? I've never played jade regent before.

You can go the entire campaign without touching it, senpai. Just means you won't be an Amatatsu scion.

>tfw I'm thinking of whipping out my equally cruel and brainless Chelish nobleman (a Henderthane, no less!) With a greater focus on haughty disregard for the lower classes and casual decadence.

Kyra Vales spent most of her life wishing she could escape; from her family, from her job, and from her life itself. The happiest day of her life was joining with the symbiote 'Missing Light', allowing herself to leave her life whenever she wanted, not caring what her symbiote did while it was in control. As long as she could live without consequence, she was fine with whatever the creature wanted to do.

Symbiotic Slayer/Dimensional Ripper

All you have to do is pick it up user. Touch it. Caress it. Feel it grow warm in your hand. See how the edge smiles back at you. Listen, can you hear it whisper all the wonders you will do together?

Since i have no idea what that really entails yet and my backup character is a down on their luck mercenary from Sargava who got dragged into the party just outside of Kalsgard, I am okay with this.

They're in it for the money, the fights and the free food.

Them new high-tech firearms... Dat sniper rifle... Dat nanoweave...

>Sniper rifle
>4d6 damage
>Plus Scope V for sneak attacks at 1800 feet
Fuck, man. I've never wanted to play an assassin so badly.

How do you optimize sneak attacks?

>tfw Stargazer (trait) doesn't give Knowledge (Geography) as a class skill

I just want to know the road, map the stars and point out each celestial body as I discuss their folklore to a woman resting her head on my shoulder as we spend a tender moment atop a hill overlooking the town.

You don't, they're sneak attacks, things are immune to them.

You optimize the gun for Big. Already at Large that's 6d6. Huge 8d6. Gargantuan 12d6. Colossal 16d6. CII 24d6. CIII 32d6....

I just checked; Vital Strike works with this, so whatever number of dice you hit, you can double it (and eventually triple and quadruple it)

So, half-orc to take the mighty frame feat so you can just straight up have a large sniper rifle base, then you take a class that gives you EFlux so you can take that stance for, when you're in earth attunement, it makes your weapon count as a size larger (two sizes larger at level 10), then you slap on enlarge person at.

At level 11, assuming you've taken Improved Vital Strike, this thing deals 48d6 damage in a single shot.

Hopefully, you have a mage cast true strike on you so you can do a called shot to the head with little fanfare.

>Hopefully, you have a mage cast true strike on you so you can do a called shot to the head with little fanfare.
Called shots don't work with true strike for that very reason.

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fonnk3oskhbc5aos%2FVampire%2520Hunter%2520D%2520Pathfinder%2520Supplement.pdf%3Fdl%3D0

Can anyone review the Vampire Hunter class in this. Im interested in playing it

You're a Full BAB 4th Caster with loads of skill points.

It would honestly be a good class if the focus wasn't so narrow.

That's 168 DPR. Throw in the typical enchants and small amount of static bonuses you can get to it, say, at least dex to damage and a +3 weapon, and you're cleanly in the "is doing his damned job" range of primary attackers.

With single shots, at that. Nearly unprecedented in Pathfinder and associated systems.

Since you're an initiator (given you have that one EFlux stance) I wonder what boosts you can apply to this thing to make it crazier. I haven't really looked into ranged initiators before. Go with a Gunsmoke Mystic for free ammo and you're stylin.

Worth noting is that the sniper rifle can be crafted with gunsmithing, making it accessible even to characters without access to high tech labs and shit. That's an understated but extremely important benefit.

Mighty Frame feat? is that 1pp or 3pp, and what book is it from?

Issue with that is that Vital Strike doesn't work with Initiating.

Trust me, ranged initiators may not have the support the melees get but they truly can shine.

First, consider that the Warsoul's the only reasonable way to get use out of the tech energy weapons. Even though older firearms hit way harder, if you want to use these, well, that's the only way that isn't a gigantic trap.

Second, while many disciplines will have "melee attack" maneuvers you can't touch with a ranged weapon, many other maneuvers remain available and can even be a better trick at range. Prime among these is Silver Spiral Strike, which is just meh if you're using a greatsword, but will wipe an army off the map if used with a machinegun (that's a lot of attacks on a lot of enemies that just happen to fire out as lines...)

Finally, big guns get big boosts from big bigger; when your weapon deals damage as two sizes larger, and you were already wielding a large Hackbut, shit gets nasty fast.

But, don't just take my word for it.
Use Hunting Zephyr on a stalker who put his critical-multiplier-up onto his favorite gun, and remember to have boosted with phantom sunstorm first.

How is this for the evil campaign? Bladebound Magus and either Slayer or Vigilante for the gestalt. Not sure about names yet. I wanted something more cheery sounding or maybe ironic.

pastebin.com/HADMdGfg

>Chelish woman with dog she may or may not fuck is already done
God damn it

>Not sure about names yet. I wanted something more cheery sounding or maybe ironic.

The host's name should be something mundane and vaguely pleasant, like Ned or William or Steven.

The sword's name should be pompous, over-the-top and edgy. Silverlight works really well, as would Blackflame or Icefire.

I'm sorry you can't play a dog-fucker, why not upgrade and play a lovely young knight that has an unhealthy relationship with her horse?

Common filth get out

Riddle me this, then.

What are some top-tier kinks and concepts I should try to use for a male character that will *probably* be some sort of martial?

I mean, there will absolutely be a character built around these, but the campaign's campy to begin with and designed to represent the worst (aka best) parts of exploitation films.

>The host's name should be something mundane and vaguely pleasant

I like Ned. Simple. I was going to go with Thaddeus Mynor and just cut it to the last name seeing as how the blade is running the show and his last name doesnt really matter anymore.

I will think more on simple and pleasant names. Thanks user.

Sadomasochism.

But I don't like horse fucking I like dog fucking. Maybe I'll just play a serial rapist instead or serial killer if that's too much.