Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Wrath of the Dong Hunters Edition
There's nothing more immoral than refusing a wholesome Xenocide Sub-Edition
Well, that's wrong. Word Bearer removal best day of any Imperial's life. Last time on the HHG the aftershocks of MoM caused a good portion of the thread to turn into a debate about the Emperor's/other Imperials' morality. Alien morality even! A discussion on BL canon vs other sources being more canon also happened. That's about it really. See it all in the thread of old >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y
megabitzshop.com/bilder/produkte/gross/Warhammer-40k-Bitz-Space-Marines-Assault-Squad-2015-Kopf-A.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should I keep my Custodes and get the Rolls Royce hover tank to make people hate me and refuse to play me or should I just sell them off?

Just finished Legion. Only I find AL reason for aiding Horus and this whole Cabal thing retarded?

Nah, other people do. There's a reason why Legion is considered to be the point where the series goes down hill.

No. BL made a few of the Primarchs into manchildren, but they managed to turn Alpharius from an armoured duck int something worse.

>into something worse
An armoured goose?

An armoured meme

>that part where Kane shoots some random mook just to send the others running
A little unnecessary man. Sure they were a little blasphemous but you could have just given them a mild mangling and hope that sets them straight.
>Once we have retaken our homeland, Kane thought, I will end you.
Didn't Land go missing in M32, and did Kane survive the Heresy?

Right. Xana army is now ordered for being ready for Xmas games, hopefully. This will be my first 30k army, and as my painting skills are somewhat better than when I started 40k a few months back, I am going to go all out on this.

So, as well as my Stormsword/Lord/Hellhammer/Shadowsword baneblade magenetised hybrid I will soon be working on, I want House Malinax to walk with the Taghmata Scoria.

Entirely torn on what knight to get/use.
Either a Paladin, Warden, Errant or Crusader.

Spoiler they betray the cabal after getting what they want and have no intention of actually killing humanity

And why is Legion always in the top X of Heresy books if someone asks which book to read?

So they understand the shit going down in other novels.

As a test and a warning. It shows the dropping point in quality of the series. Also it's probably a joke.

So most of my army atm is infantry and Contemptors. I want to pick up some armour this christmas but I'm not sure whatts decent. I'm looking at either a vindicator (of either flavor) or a scorpius. Any suggestions? Want something witth a bit of punch.

>after getting what they want
Eh?

5 predators.
Enjoy your new HQ and Troops.

because an equally large number of people want to lick abnett's balls

Because it's a good book, perpetual and cabal bullshit withstanding
>Before we go, let me say this: I understand the conflict in your hearts, how one may beat for duty while the other bleeds for your Legion brothers who will be sacrificed. But this is civil war. It is a time of confusion, and realigned loyalty. We have many heads but we act as one – one Legion with a single will. We are a union of the alike and the like-minded. We will not tolerate treachery. We will not allow our compact to fracture. We will not suffer the short-sightedness of our brother Legions, nor the averted gaze of the wider Imperium. We are Alpha Legion and we take the long view."

The cabal was instrumental in giving the AL the Intel about the Emperor giving Corax the primarch gene mix.

The cabal wanted them to destroy it, the AL instead kept it for themselves and flushed the cabal delegate out an airlock.

>The hydra is in fact a dire goose

That is some fucking delusion you've got going on m8. You think the twins were shown the Acuity, showing the doom of all humanity and the entire galaxy, and thought "hmm, this is a way to get magic geneseed to make loads of marines, that's totally the most important issue here"? You seriously think that was the reason the Alpha Legion turned traitor?

Well not him but it's pretty clear Omegon's either a loyalist or playing the cabal

Well, yeah, it seems fairly safe that one of them is traitor while the other is playing at it. But claiming the opportunity to do the Deliverance mission was the AL's entire reason for turning is ridiculous.

Did you read Deliverance Lost? That's verbatim what happens after Legion.

The AL obviously mean to play both sides of the heresy to ensure their own survival, their agreement with the cabal was pretty clearly going to end in a backstab by one of the two parties.

Yes. The cabal tells Omegon he shouldn't give the primarch genedata to Horus because it'll skew the war too far his way, and he's like "no worries, we won't, this is for us alone". No actually disobeying of the cabal's orders, if we're considering what's "verbatim". Although he then threw the agent out of an airlock because lolhumanity.

The Emperor genuinely wanted what was best for as much of humanity as possible, and truly loved his sons.

Well that is what BL makes it look like.

Funny how every interesting plot that's set up for AL gets killed off alongside a character intergral to said plot.
>AL taking or not taking advice from alien cabal
>Cabal delegatus gets flushed into the void alongside any and all hints of the cabal

>AL civil war between the primarchs (bit far fetched with the whole one-soul-two-bodies thing but ok)
>Alpharius bites the dust, Omegon now replaces Alpharius and that's that

>The Emperor genuinely wanted what was best for as much of humanity as possible
Sure
>and truly loved his sons.
I truly love this bait.

Nah, he's 100% right. Emps just considered the custodes his sons, not the primarchs.

Yes. Number 16 was his favorite out of all of them. He even referred to it as Horus.

Index Astartes showed how the Emperor loved Horus. I don't know why it would be bait.

Hey, you're right. On hindsight it's a clever truth then.
That used to be the case, yeah.

Nah it's still canon. Everything is to some degree.

not according to the new, retconning lore in the recent book

youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y

Less talk about shitty lore, more talk about shitty games!

What's the most efficient way to build Thallax Cohorts?

What's the most efficient way to build Castellax Maniples?

Are Boxnoughts acceptable in 30k?

>Implying BL is canon
Shoo shoo spooky.

you can be in denial all you want.

>Are Boxnoughts acceptable in 30k?

Yes though they are outclassed by Cortus Contemptors but I still love the boxy fucks.

I'm not saying I just watched Liam Hemsworth get BTFO by Michael Cera...but I do choose to believe that.
Make Boxnoughts Great Again

Little white sprays.
BIG BLACK CANS.

>he treats BL as canon
>he lets Aaron "daddy issues" Dembski-Bowden and Laurie "has a girls name, gives lovers of old fluff pain" goulding tell him what is canon

>These damn Cortus Dreadnoughts taking hard working Castaferrum Dreadnought jobs.

>When the Legions create Cortus dreads they're not interring their best.

Boxnought talons can take legion drop pods as dedicated transports, done

How useful will 2x 50 man Inducted Levy units be with Cyber Augmetics and Tainted Flesh? I want to use them in an Allied Detachment as a tarpit unit.

I require pics of your sergeants, your captains, and your praetors for science. Also did you have a moment in a game that can be summed up with my pic?

The cabal crab made it pretty clear that if he didn't destroy the gene mix that the cabal would consider it a complete betrayal, which it was. Omegon outright stated his end game was a universe with the AL in control rather than one where humanity wiped itself out

Not so much a random mook running off, but dispatching Batman off from his retinue and killing a riptide, then making the two FW squads who were planning on gunning him down shit their pants and run away counts, then yeah

Usually my single Myrmidon Destructor with an Irradiation Engine against a unit of tactical marines

My Siege Breaker

Dynat surrounded by 4 castellax and a magos

yarrick and ammoless manticore with his bolter destroyed charging a contemptor , preator and tyrant siege guard (we we're playing 30 vs 40k)
yarrick managed to wipe out the full unit of tyrant siege guard by consistently coming back from being dead 3 turns in a row but i couldn't damage the contemptor or the praetor

>Poor little blue guy

Because it's a good book with a crummy last chapter.

Like the vast majority of Abnett's work. Possibly with the exception of Titanicus.

double eagle is probably his only book I've liked all the way through

I still don't understand the love for gaunt's ghosts.

Fuck lads, I've got nearly 2600pts of WS, but I just got a major hard on for the custodes models

What do? I don't have enough money for two armies

take custodes as allies in your WS army?

The time my solo librarian wiped a squad of headhunters and a delegatus in a ZM game

Eh Prospero Burns' epilogue was pretty good

Hey, what happened with the hostage campaign?

Fuck, I completely forgot allies were even a thing

I feel silly now

Im the original creator of this image that gets circulated around, and It's hilarious to see just how despised Master of Mankind is by the community at large for its depiction of the Emperor.

I'm only at chapter 10 atm so am undecided, but where I place the book for the updated version will be most entertaining indeed.

I also need to rank Sons of the Forge but can't be bothered to read it.

Good, because you should feel silly.

One of our players got quite ill and we haven't played in a few weeks, hence why I haven't posted anything about it, but I'll post a little batrep of my last game, WS vs IW

>I also need to rank Sons of the Forge but can't be bothered to read it.
it's kyme tier, I imagine

don't think too hard about it

Just create a Kyme Containment Tier off to the side or something.

I still don't think Angel Exterminatus deserves to be all the way down there, but what the hell.

Here's my WE Praetor, don't have any war stories yet sadly.

Can Cortus dreads actually roll 3d6 for armour pen? Leviathan best dread

This is the greatest shit ever, I love Duncan and the new GW social team.

>legion in good tier
>mechanicum in acceptable tier

what you smoking boy

Just remember that not only does the Emperor's visage change, but what he says can change depending on who is viewing him. This simple concept explains away a lot of people's issues with the Emperor's early portrayal.

That's fine too, thanks. Hope his IWND kicks in

Nice.
How did that happen?
Sounds like Yarrick needed himself some prunes.

>roll 3d6 for armour pen
But that's its Str X grav bombard, thus averaging 11. Not anything too impressive.
>Skullbane
When I have offered your skull to khorne, then you'll have my permission to die.

Hey it's you again.

I only have two complaints about MoM. How Emps views the Primarchs, and how Abby's sword became so stronk after it was born from Easy E's dad's murder. I love everything else about it.

>people still not getting that the first murder wasn't Emps' dad

The first murder is described as the guy being stabbed in the stomach with a spear. Emps' dad was stabbed in the head

Do you think the head on the right is a 'good enough' to be MkV armor?
Because that is the only head I can find in my bits box that will fit with this collared torso for my scratch build MkIII Apothecaries, and isn't screaming MkVII

Mechanicum was utter dog shit. The retard robowaifu and the Mary Sue just made it worse.

I really shouldn't read while having a busy day. But still. That daemon should have been born way before the first human murder, and I am well aware of how human centric 40k and the Warp is

Presumably he's only humanity's first murder, and each race has their own Drach'nyen?

Good to see Champion Gains painted up

How would the daemon of human murders would be born before the first human murder? Maybe in the warp, where everything happens at the same time yesterday-always-but-never Doc Manhattan style, but in realspace he was born out of it, nothing wrong with that.

Please tell me I did make myself clear, I'm not memeing. Not on purpose at least

Drach'nyen was born from the brother of one barely evolved human killing another with a stick. It's heavily implied to be Cain and Abel and the Emperor himself says it took place before his birth.

As for its strength, ADB basically says that symbol and meaning are very much relevant with regards to Chaos (this has always been a thing, they can gain strength through the meaning of symbolic rituals) and the meaning of the first human killing another out of malice was so significant that the Daemon was enormously powerful.

I think the problem is that he's called the first murder, not humanity's first murder

yep that armor is good enough to be MkV

>Xenos killing each other
That's not murder, that's community service.

I thought it was implied it was about killing humans on purpose by other humans.
Drach'bel and Cai'nyen

The daemon is symbolic to humanity and thus makes it powerful with regard to humans but that in itself doesn't mean anything to non-humans. I'm sure there's millions of daemons tied to hyper-specific Eldar events and actions that would be completely incomprehensible to a human, but just the idea that such a thing could take physical form would freeze an Eldar in their tracks. A daemon that represented Isha's first moment of helplessness would be a great and terrible thing to the Eldar.

It is still a human-given name though. The humanity part is implied. I doubt it would have the same name for other races.

4 castellax managed to shoot and then charge 9 tartaros termies off the board while Dynat wiffed his challenge and was last man standing, having succeeded his break test

WS & BA shattered legion vs IW-1250pts

No objective in this game, it was an all out annihilation game, the idea being that the white scars had caught the IW in a surprise attack in an attempt to kill some of their reinforcements headed for the main bulk of their force

My list consisted of a BA delegatus, BA terminator squad, A squad of WS weaponmaster vets in a rhino, and a squad of jetbikers. I was running PotL

He brought a chaplain, a Herald (first time I've ever seen one used), two 15 man tac squads with CC weapons, and 3 maxed out quad launcher batteries all with incendiary shells. I'll give you one guess what took out most of my list. If you hadn't guessed already he was running ironfire.

WS & BA TURN ONE
> I manage to sieze the initiative, and made my entire game plan "fuck up those mortars"
>Rhino turbo-boosts as far as it can up the board, and I'm faced with the choice of letting my vets weather out the storm safely in the rhino or risk it all and disembark them so I can charge next turn, end up keeping them in the rhino
>Terminators and delegatus walk up the board doing fuck all, out of range of hitting everything
>No point jinking jetbikes due to ignores cover on those incendiaries, so I move them up as far as I can and try to shoot at the mortars. Unfortunately theres no clear shot amongst the IW squads so I make do with what I have and open up on the Heralds squad.

IW TURN ONE
>this is where my game started to go downhill
>I was expecting the mortars to fire on both ther termis and the bikes
>fucking nope, 36 s5 blasts directly into my termis
>ends up being something like 60 hits total, I dread to think what would of happened if They'd had ironfire markers near them
>The genius of tactical dreadnought armour keeps all but 2 alive somehow
>but they fucking fail their leadership test
>immediately fall back off board edge
>both tac squads begin to move in to rhino
>32 bitter iron warriors, all re-rolling 1's in the turn they charge

pt1

I could believe that. Abby presumably has been shortchanged with our Drach'nyen and there are probably stronger versions of it. Just imagine the Tau Drach'nyen. Wait I have just the thing.
Aliens have been killing themselves long before the Emps's dad knocked Mommy E up.
I can take that.
And where is it?

>Drach'bel and Cai'nyen

He [Arkhan Land] had been instrumental in designing the gravitic suspensor plates in Legio Custodes’ battle tanks, as well as their – rather beautiful, in his opinion – Paragon-pattern jetbikes.
>Paragon-pattern jetbikes.
We've got a name for them folks. So, Bullock, Scimitar (dickbike) and Paragon (pic related).

There's pic related from the Tactical box.

Personally I used these ones:
megabitzshop.com/bilder/produkte/gross/Warhammer-40k-Bitz-Space-Marines-Assault-Squad-2015-Kopf-A.jpg
Because I felt the lugs on either side of the mouth were more important than the shape of the grill.

You could always use a MkIV helmet. At least in old fluff some MkV were given MkIV helmets when available.

Where is what?

Also I suddenly have a strong hankering for Chaos-corrupted Tau vehicles.

>3 maxed out quad launcher batteries
Dammit, isn't that like 48 blasts? Just asking, Incendiary or Phosphex? Those are vastly different thiings
>Herald
You got pics? I have an idea of what they look like, I want to contrast reality to my headcanon

It's MkIII armor, the MkV 'heresy' mark is just random armor slabs thrown together, so it makes more sense to see it on a MkIII suit than the supposedly hard to incorporate with MkIV helmet.

>Dammit, isn't that like 48 blasts?

36. 4 batteries would be 48.