Why don't you have a race of sheep people in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you have a race of sheep people in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Because my setting doesn't have a race of Scotts.

Because I'm not retarded.

But I do.

I have plenty of religious people in my setting, user. After all, it's dark ages.

I do.

That's Welsh. Scots would be a race of heroin elementals.

I can't fluff them out

That sounds like a problem in need of fixing.

What unique traits would you give them? What sort of society would their's be? Major or minor sexual dimorphism?

Why would I?

Really good at headbutting stuff. Cozy wool. A fainting goatperson subspecies with tremendous magical aptitude but a very unfortunate problem with stressed induced seizures, exported to cities all over the world in large numbers to serve as seers and diviners kept under heavy guard.

Because nobody wanted to play one and humans with animal ears are too vanilla.

Besides, its easier to find art for NPCs if you just make the furbait races catfolk and lizardfolk. Plenty of Khajiit and Argonian art to steal from.

strictly herbivorous?

What are most of the normal sheep/goat people like? I like that subspecies idea a lot though...

A mixture of Nomadic and Settlemental life; the sheep prefer to shack up in large, fortfied, and well hidden hide outs during winter. It is during the spring that the Sheep herds shave themselves, revealing the fact that underneath their heavy wool, they actually look almost identical to humans, with the addition of horns and snow white fleece.

Unlike humans, the tribes body hair is very soft, clean, and most of all, thick. It is, in all ways, superior to regular wool, and it is much easier to weave. Unlike human bodyhair, it simply never stops growing. Thus, by the time winter comes, they look like big, walking fluffballs.

>humans with animal ears are too vanilla
According to whom?

fluffy sheeps

They refuse to wake up.

But human exist in my setting ;)

>dark ages
I guess you're a sheep too, considering you either you either flunked history class or bought into hollywood memes

Yes. And virtually all of them find humans eating meat around them unnerving, aside from the well assimilated city dwellers.

A mixture of placid kindness and extremely stubborn steadfastness. They're tough and sturdy, but nice. There are villages full of them, way out there on remote mountain plateaus. If you walk through, you'll attract a crowd of curious sheep people milling about and staring at you. They're very hospitable to guests, once you've introduced yourself. Virtually nobody makes it up there.

The occasional unusually aggressive member of the species will leave the remote plateaus and plains and seek a career adventuring in human lands. They're well known to be excellent mountaineers and determined warriors. Some of them wear specially constructed helmets made for ramming things.

The fainting subspecies, of course, makes terrible warriors and equally bad mountaineers.

Change it so that the climate they live in is mostly either rain and snow, nearly completely isolated (islands, mountains, etc.), and instead of constant growth their shaving circle is centered around a ten year period so their wool is rarer and therefore cost more. Let's make it so the wool has quasi-magical properties for warding off cold, they almost exclusively employ guerrilla warfare to protect their homelands, and the very few individuals who receive magical blessings are incredibly powerful. They are revered as demi-gods and always seem to exemplify the countenance of one of their many gods.

Their culture does not use fire. They don't cook - lasting food is preserved by salting or drying. They have good low-light vision and can stay warm on their own in the winter. Most members of the species dread fire on instinctual level.

In bigger settlements there might be individuals that are working with fire - usually as blacksmiths. Those have unique role in the society - are both venerated and shunted. Their house / workshop will be away from the rest and separated by moat (even just symbolical one). Firekeepers shave all year long.

Because I don't have Basques in my setting.

You're fedorable.

We're making some good shit here guys.

Because satyrs are better.

Tolkien didn't do it.

If I did, at least 2 of my players would seduce them before you could say "waifu-bait".

They're THE Stereotypical example of Welsh. They're nice enough but given the right circumstances, I have no doubt that either of them would engage in outright bestiality.