>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328002-traitor-legions/page-16
talonsalight.blogspot.fi/2016/11/november-19th-elliscon-tournament-first.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wz3UdL7Nf0Q
hq-builder.com/shared/157685
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When do you think we can get scans of the new books?

I predict you will have an epub on Saturday.

Going to guess Thursday

So what's the point in Gaze of Magnus if he already automatically knows Prismatic Gaze? Is it a beam or something? How does that make it any better against Baneblades?

Is the Ork suppliment any good? I want to expand my WAAGH.

Mate, it's Orks, none if it helps, just buy what you like.

Continuing from the last thread.

Is Eternal Crusade worth it to someone who enjoyed the Multiplayer in Space Marine?

I'd ask /v/, but they suck at this, they don't have the hobby factor.

It is basically Space Marine's multiplayer but with more variety and less balance.

It still feels like it's in alpha

its a beam
what does his melee weapon do?

So I'm new to the game and I love the idea of a cyborg army. What's the deal with Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii and why are they 2 armies instead of 1?

For the record, /v/ will absolutely shit on it for being an unfinished piece of shit, and they would be right to do so.
>it's /v/

It's unpolished, unfinished and unbalanced, but it can still be enjoyable if you were into Space Marine. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone outside of Veeky Forums unless they're a huge 40k nerd.

Are there any torrents for any of these mega libraries? Because fuck that download quota bullshit.

not worth the full asking price by any stretch. it's still basically an alpha, packaged into a full release by corporate overlords.

I'm mostly interested in the relics to be honest, the decurion too.

My Orks do very well at the moment but I was looking to beef them up for 1500 points. My tau friend is expanding his army so I thought I should too.

>Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii
The more you got the better the buffs, all around good army.
>why are they 2 armies instead of 1
$$$

>Cult Mech
Big stompy robots actually are Monstrous Creatures :^) and heavy weapons everywhere, nothing is fast but everything is tanky as fuck
>Skitarii
Fucking fast medium infantry with excellent basic guns and decent firepower, not much in the way of tankiness or big guns, outside of the moderately-durable Onager and whatever gun you prefer.

They are made to be used together but you can play them separately if you like. The real reason behind there being 2 codices is because GW loves cashgrabs

Is it worth $25 bucks, or about an hour and a half of work?

ap2, force soul blaze , on a roll of a 6 transform killed model into a chaos spawn under your control.

Two separate releases. Skitarii seem more like Imperial Guard, and have footslogging troops and vehicles. Pretty straightforward.

Cult Mechanicus has more warmachines and weirdos. Stompy robots and servitors and electro-priests who can shoot a whole lot of lightning when used right. Not exactly a straightforward army.

They seem to have been intended as simple ally codices that people could bring units from, adapting them to whatever they need, be it additional infantrymen and vehicles or big stompy robots.

sure, you'll get some fun out if it, especially since they're still updating it. just don't expect any real quality.

So I'm certain there are no full leaks to be had of the Traitor Legions supplement yet, but I'm obligated to ask if we've had ANY image releases of its contents.
I somehow convinced myself to start a noise marine army, and after tearing off all their sonic weapons in favor of plasma guns I now have hope that something therein will make fielding actual noise marines worthwhile again (if they indeed ever were in the first place).

From Bolter and Chainsword:

>Since Warhammer Community thankfully posted this today with a good glimpse of what's in the book I can at least say this much. I'm a Death Guard player in 30K and probably will be in 40K eventually (though sticking with Building a TS army off the Wrath of Magnus release and then once I win the lottery, naturally, a 30K TS legion since Inferno will be out in February.) ...but, back to DG. Can't say anything specific until the review but I'm quite pleased with the DG rules, warlord traits, expanded Nurgle lore, artefacts, 6 specific objective cards and bonuses. But disclaimer: I'm only now with TS release becoming a CSM player for the first time so my expectations and satisfaction with content may be vastly different from anyone's, and I don't care for competitive 40K (especially the past 2 years), but I feel the fluff/theme of the legions is reflected well in the new rules.

>To all my fellow sons of Mortarion, Count the Seven!

>bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328002-traitor-legions/page-16

such great fan art one of the best

>I don't play 40k but things look good!

Definitely one of my favorites. It's hard to stack up since official artwork sets the bar so high, but there are some really good non-professional pieces out there.

Yeah the whole "I don't like competitive 40k + I'm not a CSM player yet" thing is very concerning.

He reviewed the 1k Sons stuff from WoM and said he liked it, then it came out and a lot of CSM players thought it was balls, so he's probably trying to mitigate expectations.

Starting Orks even if they are currently terrible.

Is it worth taking the formations from the ghazz Supplement or is it better to just role with the standard CAD?

The Goff Killmob seems like a fun way to initially build my army. Waagh every turn, plus rerolls to charge distance and Hammer of Wrath on the boys mobs seems like fun.

So I skimmed over the WoM rule stuffs:
Is Magnus exempt from the 3++ limit or is he no longer King Cheesewheel?
And am I missing something or are Horrors the new cheese factory of the book?

Not so fast, stinky.

It's a far cry from Space Marine multiplayer. At least Space Marine felt polished and complete. Eternal Crusade is an absolute mess.

The animations are clunky, controls aren't fluid t at all, and there isn't even the slightest attempt at balance.

Now for the original question if it's worth $25? No... but is it worth $25 knowing you can get a refund if you don't enjoy it because Steam is amazing? Sure.

Buy it, find out if it's something you enjoy and make the decision yourself. If you hate it, return it and buy it again in a few months when it's on sale or they've patched it.

Either go with what you want and play against other flavorful casual lists. You don't really have "trap units" as the whole power level is pretty low in orkdex.

Current competitive list for orks is Zhadsnark + painboy on bike + 2+ warbosses on bikes, and 6+ bikerboyz, Buzzgob mek stompa and lots of MSU shooty units like deffkoptas, tankbustas etc. This requires ITC setting but can be a potent list in the right hands:
talonsalight.blogspot.fi/2016/11/november-19th-elliscon-tournament-first.html

>I don't play 40k but things look good!
/40kg/ in a nutshell

It plays like shit, looks like shit. I mean, if you NEED some 40k multiplayer and you have no other options? I guess?
I wouldn't pay $25 for it. Maybe $10 tops. I'd rather put that $25 into something I won't hate/be eternally disappointed by.

Magnus is a Daemons of Tzeentch with a 4++. He will always have a 2++ because of the Grimoire.

Horrors are fucking faggotrocious now.

So who's planning on buying the XL primers?

I am, and it's an alright deal too. You save like 8$ compared to buying two.

Thanks for clearing up. I don't play Daemons but I might try the new Tzeentch list for the Tzaanagor tarpits and Horror shenanigans.
Any word on how those will be packaged. Will there be a box of pink, blue, and brimstone models or will I have to buy a box of each?

Do we have a definitive GSC tourny strong list?

Interesting, everything is equal in power level(Tho that power level is low) so its sort of hard to fuck up as far as that goes at least. Thanks!

What is the best way to outfit my Rock 'em Sock 'em Kastellan Robots?

I will be, hope they expand the colours available, as I am looking at 40k/HH Blood Angels next

That ad looks gay as fuck, so not me.

fuck you, gw's new ads are hilarious

>>Heralds of Tzeentch got their own cabal formation
>each herald generates another power die

SCREAMER STAR FOR DAYS

phosphor blasters all round, bring down the DAKKA
the fists are alright but not super necessary unless you need to bitchslap a wraithknight or something that's strayed too close

No one is going to play against splitting Horrors, and you're a shitter for even considering buying them.

I'm curious what the White Scars guy was running if a Stompa was essentially immune to the list.

I wish VSG had been severely curtailed in Stronghold Assault.

So there tonnes of shitty pic of the new rules see So where are my poorly shot photos of the fluff?

>The Goff Killmob seems like a fun way to initially build my army. Waagh every turn, plus rerolls to charge distance and Hammer of Wrath on the boys mobs seems like fun.
it's not, just use CAD.

I can't say I've tried it, but I'd never field a gorkanaught so I never will try it.

S3 HoW is balls.

Waaagh every turn is also only useful if you build around the gimmick. Most of Orks straight up best units don't make any use of waaaghs.

Stormboyz are one of the best to utilise it, since on the first turn they can move 12" run 2d6 and then charge another 2d6, but if you want to do this then your entire army will revolve around this tactic.

>not buying brimstones because they're 3ppm psykers that free up points for more cabal Heralds

There's like 140 pages of fluff. No one is taking photos of all that.

If the boxes are separate I might consider too. I just like the idea of fielding a lot of cheap fodder to back up my 1-2 squads of rubricae.

>There's like 140 pages of fluff.
Kek really? I didnt realise it was so big. I'll stop being an impatient douche then. For now.

Also that makes those people taking that shitty lore summary as gospel ten times funnier.

>This 136-page hardback book contains the thunderous, galaxy-shaking story of the Wrath of Magnus; set over 3 chapters, it features a huge selection of brand-new artwork supporting the story within.

That's the first book, with the story.

>The 64-page book 2 of War Zone Fenris: Wrath of Magnus features a huge amount of new Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons

And that's book 2.

Man I loved those cups when I was in cap. I think I still have one.

Anyone got some/all of the rules photos? I'm curious to see how the 1k sons are looking.

Bout to build some Crisis suits. I don't plan on magnetizing them, how should I kit them out? Or go for rule of cool?

Fug. Ok.

How long did it take the first warzone book to come out/get scanned after release?

Im a video game pleb who just likes learing about the settingDOW2 still best 40k game

What do they need to do for your army? What niche do they have to fill that your current list leaves open Kit accordingly.

Well, they're only my 4th-6th suits in the army. So I'm not sure if I should make a big 6 suit squad with a buffmander or 2 3 man squads with the buffmander in one squad.

Magnetize them so they can look cool with every weapon.

There'll probably be an upub up saturday or monday at latest.

That isn't how you spell Dark Heresy.
>vidya
Pretty close but you seem to have typed 2 instead of 1.

Always smaller units. Always. Never go bigger than a squad of three unless you're playing a Farsight bomb.

Ok, thanks.

I would love to, but my previous ventures into magnetizing have ALWAYS ended with wobbly pieces that fall if the model is hit with a slight breeze.

You probably need stronger magnets, I use K&J Magnets and they work pretty good for their size.

I've used different types of magnets from different sources. I can try again, but I don't want to end up with shitty holes in my models where the weapons won't stick. Is there a guide somewhere for Crisis suits?

youtube.com/watch?v=wz3UdL7Nf0Q

This one is pretty good, just magnetize the attachment points.

Alright cheers user.

>Pretty close but you seem to have typed 2 instead of 1.
Subjectively INCORRECT.

Sweet, those are the exact size magnets I own. Thanks, user.

But you're clearly wrong user, because they're both great series with different strengths. DoW2 campaign was the shit but Dow1, WA and DC had their moments, really I just prefer the actual gameplay and aesthetic of the first line.

Lets just both agree to say were both really worried about DOW3.

K&J magnets are strong. I use a 3mm drill bit and 1/8x1/16 disc magnets. Clip down the mounting point on the inside of the gun, drill a shallow hole into it. Drill out the same size circle in the existing hole in the arm. Test fit a magnet in the arm first till it fits, then in the weapon. Repeat for the other side. If you use the magnetized wrapon to insert the other arm's magnet, you can keep the polarity more consistent.

God, I forgot it was that huge.

has a better size of magnet, FWIW. I use my 1/8x1/16 on vehicles as well, hence why I have larger ones.

So, question. If a model inflicts instant death hits against multiple models with several wounds, when seeing how much a squad lost by is it the wounds dealt or the wounds lost?

Mine are some I got off Aliexpress. They seem to work well enough to hold my Reavers on their bases because they don't have enough natural grip on the ball socket.

Magnetizing is for poors.

Not sure if it was FAQ'd, but my pals and I play it as reduced by the amount of wounds that the model lost, so a captain that got smashed by a powerfist, we count as lost 3 wounds.

Wounds lost, which is why 3W T4 Tyranid warriors is a nerf compared to 2W T5 like they should be.

Cruddace a shit.

That's a lot of plasma.

QUICK! I MUST KNOW JUST HOW MUCH PLASMA YOU CAN TAKE IN A 2,000 POINT LIST! ANY ARMY!

Also how the heck this guy painted that awesome glow.

Damn that is a fucking crazy optical illusion.

should of picked it up during the sale. fucking terrible game but you can have fun playing it, provided you aren't loyalists

>worried
Pic related, I've basically already given up hope I'll get it anyway because motherfucking Wraithknights

What are the most important parts of an Imperial Guard army?

I've got like 80-90 guardsmen/officers, 3 chimeras, 2 wyverns, and some heavy weapons teams.

Do I get Leman Russes now? How essential are they?

probably take as many imperial guard command squads with 4 plasma guns and a pistol on your commander, leman russ executioners with sponsons, stormblade, ally Dangels, captain with lions roar and a plasma gun command squad, black knight command squad with all talons and plascannon devvys

I would like to know too. That's the best glow I've ever seen.

I forget the name of the technique, something like true light source highlighting or some shit.

It looks like shit unless you do it properly in which case it's fucking incredible.

hq-builder.com/shared/157685

Excuse the shitty site, but it's like 63 Plasma Cannons and like 21 Plasma Pistol/Combi-Plasma

Are you running vets or platoons? Either way picking up the start collecting box wouldn't be a bad idea. You get a Russ, another heavy weapons base, and a commissar. Other than that I would consider picking up a Russ or two, some air support, and maybe some bullgryns next.

This is reviewer code for "This book is hot garbage and doesn't improve anything"

It seems like the actual effect is little more than while with a hint of blue but the glow effect is established by the different colored highlights.
It looks damn fine

4 teams of 9 crisis suits with 2 plasma rifles
1 naked commander
36 points of bonding knife ritual
Farsight enclaves
72 plasma shots from 12"-24" or 144 at less than 12"

Object Source Lighting

This was meant for you, sorry

thats not real plasma, taucuck
thats babbies first training wheel plasma

Farsight Enclave CAD
HQ: Commander, 2xPlasma rifle
Troop1 9xCrisis suit, 2xPlasma rifle each
Troop2 9xCrisis suit, 2xPlasma rifle each
Troop3 9xCrisis suit, 2xPlasma rifle each
Troop4 8xCrisis suit, 2xPlasma rifle each

That's 36 crisis suits or 72 plasma rifles. 1970p/2000p so you could upgrade 6 plasma rifles into twin-linked plasma rifles.

R8 my Genestealer cult list?

HQ: Magnus

Troop: Acolyte Hybrids (20) 8 Demo Charges

I call it Aloha Snackbar

Right now I've got 2 squads of meltavets (2 in each) in the chimeras. Then like 4 infantry squads, 2 CCS, and 2 PCS. I could probably field 5 infantry squads if I did 1 CCS/PCS.

Thanks for the reply. Are bullgryn good for "run at you" guard armies? Their cover save bonus seems pretty awesome