Original: the Greentext

Veeky Forums I heard you wanted some new greentext and BIG RAY is here to deliver! Who’s BIG RAY? Champion of the Summer Court’s underground fight club, favoured of the Queen of Spring, maker of the greatest pot of soup ever concocted in a russian’s Soup Kitchen, and the UGLIEST Gristlegrinder any Changeling: the Lost game has ever seen! Watch as he accomplishes marvellous feats of strength! Tremble as he sinks his nightmarish teeth into the necks of vampires! Sigh in frustration as he barely manages to complete a sentence while in the presence of a pretty girl!
>Friend starts Changeling game after being a player in mine. I’m ecstatic because I’m usually Forever DM and Changeling is something I’ve always wanted to be a player in.
>Roll randomly for character’s Seeming and Kith (1e, by the way) and end up with a Gristlegrinder Ogre. I decide to make the most of this and create a real monster.
>Physical primary, Mental secondary with a crazy amount of Strength. Contracts of stone, points in brawl, specialty in grappling so I can bite people for the 2 lethal.
>BIG RAY has the Giant merit and a whole host of every nasty kind of teeth you can imagine, from sharklike triangular teeth to thin rat teeth, liberally spread through his gaping maw. They complement his beady black eyes and upturned piglike nose. Truly a face only a mother could love.
>Other players both Wizened Mental primaries, one an Artist and the other an Oracle (Sev, the inventor, and Floyd, more a con man type).
>Meet other players in huge Goblin Market after a careful trip through the Hedge (Using my contracts to steer clear of danger like a wise little Lost).
>One player duped into eating a highly narcotic, addictive Fruit by some spring satyr. Ray stops the pusher by showing off his pearly whites and threatening to give the pusher a closer look.

Cont.

>We meet and greet, then ditch before the rest of the Spring Court (All pushers and stoners) start getting rowdy.
>Floyd and Sev (My dear companions) swipe some woman’s wallet while I play distraction. After they book, I head into the nearby 7-Eleven for some Glamour.
>Gets it by getting WAY TOO CLOSE to the poor cashier’s face over how BS the chips in the place are.
>Nearly cause the punk to piss himself, toss the chips across the room, leave in a huff, enjoying my hard-earned fae mana.
>Meet back up with Floyd and Sev.
>Ray decides he likes these two wimpy little punks, and decides to hang with them for now.
>We buy McDonald’s and get a hotel room for the night.
If I only knew the trouble these two brats were gonna get me in, I’d have turned and walked away as soon as I saw that pusher plying his wares.

Next time: I illuminate the little adventure Sev went on through the Hedge, and we see why taunting two-headed Hobs the size of houses is a terrible idea.

Original Greentext general. Also, pic related is how I picture Floyd. I'll see if I can dig up something that looks like Sev.

I love Veeky Forums right now. Thanks op. Alright, lets hear it, what was the deal with the two headed hob?

Seems like fun. Thanks OP.

Upon consideration i have decided i should drop some green as well. Be the positive change you want to see on the board and all that.

This is the story of Samantha "Eve" Greyson. Who died and lived again. Wooer of werewolves, comforter of spirits, and bane of abusers every where.

First, some background.

>Be me
>DM friend invites me to play in a game of Geist set in a high school.
>Pretty exited, decide i want to play a Torn.
>Wonder what a good story for a high schooler dying violently is?
>I know, Abuse! Accidentally beaten to death by mother (wanted to avoid abusive father stereotype).
>Thinking about it, decide to play a female character for the first time ever
>Choose reaper as my archetype, cause it seems like it would be most fun
>Decide the character aspiration is to help those who suffer abuse
>Don't wanna be a stereotypical edgy kill bot (besides what kinda high schooler just up and starts killing people one day?) so i decide my modus operandi will be screwing with peoples heads until they change their ways.
>My Geist looks like a waifish semi skeletal kid with a crushed skull.
>His name is 'the uninvited guest' but mostly i just call him my little buddy

To be continued as i tell the tale of how i accidentally killed a cop in my first session.

So, Sev, while a brilliant inventor and the only reason why I made it through some later dilemmas, is a clear indicator of why Wisdom and Intelligence are considered separate stats in many games. He has a mind that frequently outruns itself, and this lands him in a lot of trouble. For starters, he hasn’t played Changeling before and as such has a difficult time understanding what is and is not a reasonable request to make of the GM.
>”Okay, so you’re escaping from Arcad-“
>”I bring someone with me!”
>”…Huh?”
>”I want to bring an NPC along with me. Come up with one. Anything will do I just want an ally.”
My GM sighs in frustration but acquiesces and creates Jimbo. In an effort to swear to himself that this character NEVER enters the game proper, my GM makes the most racist stereotype of a black man that he can. We’re talking “Hey Huck, let’s go down the river, but not until we get us some watermelon!” levels.
Not that I think my GM is actually racist, I recall he was mortified when Sev’s player spilled the beans on that. Go figure.
>Sev and Jimbo scramble through the Hedge, coming to a thorny wall.
>Huge Hob with two heads and a hungry look crawls over the wall.
>Two heads start to argue about whether to just eat the two or toy with them first.

Pic soon to be very related.

>The beast suggests they draw straws for which one they eat.
>Sev is given the chance to cheat and pick the safe straw
>Cheats
>Picks the straw that will get him killed and save the life of Jimbo
>GM bangs head on wall
>Sev tries to (quote) “Kick it in the balls!”
>Jimbo, desperate for martyrdom, scrambles in front of Sev, only to be picked up and be horrifically eaten through the stomach.
>Sev scrambles away with tears in his eyes for his dear friend Jimbo, who died without ever getting to taste the succulent juices of a fried chicken again.
And then he manages to escape, where he and some other Wizened are offered delicious drug fruit and saved by a huge guy with scary teeth.

NEXT TIME we go through some real danger before managing to find our own place, and start living like true homeless people.

>So Eve is working her crappy job at the local diner where she is a waitress.
>Kid comes in with his dad
>See the bruises under sleeves, watch the behavior, recognize the signs.
>it's go time now
>Get the dads name off of their check
>Ask around a bit and do some googling, he's a member of the local police force.
>Find his address.
>Need a way to observe
>Make para-scope out of fruity pebbles box and some mirrors so i can look over his fence
>Go at night, use ghostly powers to hide in shadows, look over fence
>observe behavior, suspicions confirmed mission is a go
>have ability that lets me open up cuts on people that wont clot and just keep bleeding so long as i can see them.
>explicitly stated in rule book that it can be used to spell words
>wait in coffee shop across from police station
>When i see him in the station i use my ghost powers to carve "Child beater" and "Monster" across his fore arms
>cue freak out.
>I ain't done yet.
>Next day go to his house in the morning, wait on street in car down the road. when he's coming out carve "we are watching you" in his flesh
>Nearly there only one thing left to do
>Final day, third day go at night.
>bring para-scope.
> look over fence and see him in house.
>last message "stop or die".
>feeling pretty good, betting that will have scared him straight
>oops, i caused a psychotic break down
>he runs out of the house screaming and waving a shot gun
>he sees me
>I use curse to open up cuts on his palm so he'll drop the gun before he shoots me
>works a little to well. He doesn't just drop the gun, he drops like a sack of potatoes
>I hadn't been paying attention to how much damage i was putting on the guy.
>aaand i just totally killed a cop
>crap. what do?
>decide to stick around. i mean i never actually touched the guy, so it's not like they can pin me with anything
>end up talking with the kid.
>feel like a dick for killing his dad

tb cont

>kid doesn't know what will happen to him now, only relative is mother who lost custody battle that he hasn't seen in a long time
>considering how hard it is for the mother to loose a custody battle....that does not sound appealing to me
>consider consequences of my actions
>question if i did the right thing
>moral dilemma
>Eventually the dead kid piggy backing in my body convinces me i did the right thing
>resolve to be more careful in the future
>return home

And that's that Veeky Forums. more? Anyone else wanna tell some stories?

Is there more of this? I wanna hear about that Russian soup kitchen. Also, why is the other player running into a monster bad for you?

Oh, and your dm kinda sounds like a railroading dick.

Bumping, because i wanna believe Veeky Forums can tell us more stories.

I will post my idiot players going through the first book of the Giovanni Chronicles in about nine hours if this thread is still up. Jesus Christ the dumb shit they pulled.

Please do user. Here is to hoping it's still here.

fuck it greentext it is.
so me and a few friends have been playing 3.5 for a bit and our forever DM seems to have gotten bored with killing us multiple times. now he's inventive.

>be user.
>be stereotypical sword and shield town guard type.
>have shit tons of extended family. (back up characters)
>visit only sibling (other sibling died to game shenanigans)
>3 days of vacay with sis and meeting assorted nieces and nephews.
>last day "hey DM I playfully nudge the youngest kid with my foot."
>"Roll to hit."
>"uh ok i guess."
>nat 20
>"roll damage"
>nat 1
>"after playfully kicking your nephew who is still in diapers he falls over and doesn't wake up."
>do a heal check to make sure i haven't killed a family member
>kid's breathing just fine
>pick up kid and go find sis.
>"hey sis here's your kid. he fell asleep."
>"thanks user you're a great uncle."
>leave posthaste

my character still has no idea if the kid recovered or if the little guy died or what.

Keeping it alive for this guy.

I'll be posting in about half an hour or so

So this starts off with a group made up of two people who I met from other groups that had broken up. It sucks when that happens so I said I'll run a game for them.
>Look through games I have
>Find my copy of Vampire the Masquarede: Dark Ages 20th Anniversry Edition
>Huh, I haven't played this one before but I've played modern day
>Learn about the various chronicle campaigns White Wolf has made
>Flip through the first Giovannit Chronicle book and amazed by the edge
>Get papercuts from a PDF
>Have to run this shit and make it better
>Find out both players have never played and know nothing about the metaplot
>Both players decide to let me pick their clans
>This is gonna be good

>M makes a bastard girl child of the Medici who has invested a shit load of points into disguising herself and having multiple identities
>Her family wants her dead since she now slightly muddles up inheritance and is reminder of a patriarch's dalliance
>Decent concept, sounds fun
>C needs more help making his guy, says fuck it and makes a priest
>Big dude, bit learned, 1 Dex
>Try to tell him that's a bad idea, he won't listen at all
>During first session, when we are finishing up his character, he says he is a relative of the Medici family
>He had no idea about M's character
>Me and her laugh in skype chat about this coincidence
>Ask C why he chose that family
>"They are in Assassin's Creed"
>Oh, this is gonna be good

>Characters get invited to a dinner in a castle ways out
>They meet, figure they were somewhat decent and could hang out before dinner
>Meet Paul, a slightly crippled crusader who just wants a job
>They decide to take him under their wing
>Drinks and food all around, on the house from slightly terrified barkeep
>Suddenly crazy preacher comes in screaming how the local lord, the dinner host, is a demon thing
>Gets right up in C's face
>C gets pissed, punches preacher in face
>Preacher screams curses and runs away
>Whole bar obviously interested in two holy men engaging in fisticuffs
>Not too long after comes in Lothar, creepy main servant
>He sniffs alot and licks a shit load of hands
>C realizes that he recognizes this creep from his seminary asking around about him
>Weirded out

Up until this point the only really stupid thing that happened was the priest fight but it escalates the next session

>Next morning, the characters go on a walk around the shithole village they are in
>Hear moans from a hut far from village
>Investigate and find a dude obviously very sick left to die
>M hangs back as C wants to get in and help
>C starts to pray and tries to medicine
>Crit fail
>Priest slaps the sick man's face to shut him up, slaps off a good deal of skin
>SCREAMS INTENSIFY
>C panics, tries again to medicine
>Crit fail
>Makes things worse
>C cries, panics more, smothers the sick man
>Loses humanity for killing defenseless sick person
>M is shaking her head at shenanigans
>Walk into tavern, all eyes on shit covered and shaken C
>After a bit of clean up, they and rest of guests get picked up by carriages to go to the castle.
>Pass by what is casually confirmed by the driver to be a few crucified men
>"It's ok, they were thieves"
>"Riiiiiiiight"

>Get to Castle Giovanni
>Meet up with super condescending Lothar again
>Get taken into main ball room where the new guests are to provide entertainment by talking for the people in there already
>M gets cornered by an overbearing jackass who just wants to talk about power dynamics
>Awkwardly talks to him until a dashing older Saracen jumps in
>They kinda flirt for a bit
>C meanwhile starts talking to an almost midget
>Sees a striking older gentleman and gravitates to him
>They go to visit paintings in other rooms
>Older man looks at him with hypnotic eyes
>C successfully counter seduces
>In between flirting M just hears a bunch of gay sex noises echoing around the ball room
>Entire party stops and looks around awkwardly until the older gentleman and C (who has taken some damage) walk back in a bit more stained
>Dinner is called and everyone sits down
>Giovanni makes a speech, decides to have fun with food
>Brings out goat and handler, asks a new guest to slaughter goat with ax
>M steps up, crit fails, kills handler when ax slips out of hands
>Giovanni cheers and fills a goblet with blood
>M and C end up drinking from it as normies look on horrified

So that's where I'll leave it unless someone asks for more.

ok i admit the bit with the handler made me kek

Were their characters vampires? If so, catching a sunrise is bad.

AND I'M BACK. They weren't vamps yet. The scenario wants them to be drained at the dinner table and get brainwashed in to fighting the forces that are going to attack as meatshields. I changed things up a bit because that is railroading bullshit. I'll get back to the story next post

>After the goblet gets passed around, Giovanni says that it's time for the real fun to begin
>Points at Paul, who has been awkwardly tagging alone through all this because the characters hired him
>"We seem to have one too many. Can someone handle that for me?"
>Jackass who sounded like a first year poli-sci major grins and breaks all of Paul's limbs and throws him into the corner of the room
>Boytoy is still playing footsie with Cas he looks on horrified
>Saracen holds back M from doing something dumb
>Giovanni says it's time for the game to start!
>All the talking was to make sure that the real guests could figure out who was supposed to be their food. Guess right and you get a prize! Food gets a five minute head start.
>ASAP C runs to Paul
>Boytoy comes over
>"Hey babe, I really like you. I'm still gonna kill you but I'll make sure that your friend here lives through the night. Now go ahead and run."
>Quick makeout and then C bolts for the basement
>M meanwhile has pissed off the Noble Hambeast guest who is tangentially related to both PCs
>Hambeast decides to go "I don't have to be fast, only faster than you bitch."
>Cue Chase Scene with much running up stairs, rounds of indecision of what to do as Hambeast caught her breath a few times, a botched roll on throwing an ax down stairs giving Hambeast a weapon, and some outside wall climbing to get away
>C is in the dungeon downstairs (because of course a vampire has a dungeon) and locks himself and Bard guest in a room
>Turns out Bard had already sacced the hot blonde he was vibing with to get away from a vamp
>C kicks him out of room, into the arms a shadow monster thing
>Shadow flood into the Bard and drown him much to the amusement of a preistly vamp
>C decides to take off clothes, put them on the torch to get a big fire, and rushes at the vamp
>Shadows cut and drain a bit from C, scaring him upstairs

>M enters the Saracen's room from the window and explores a bit
>Realizes the game is rigged so might as well die with her choice of killer and lays on the bed
>C is now naked running up stairs
>Goes into a hallway and sees a gypsy laughing at the Hambeast
>Hambeast is screaming and swiping at imaginary birds eating her face
>Bits of flesh disappear
>Still holding torch, C says fuck it and lights everything in hallway on fire
>Gypsy laughs and drags Hambeast into a room
>C realizes that he is naked in a hallway on fire with a nearly burned out torch and runs upstairs
>He enters a few bed rooms and finds the one that is the most well furnished/decorated
>Seems to be Boytoy's and hangs out there, puts on some bright green tights
>The not-midget enters room, pissed off
>Door slams shut without touching anything
>Book C is holding lights on fire
>C barely holds on to shit and doesn't freak
>Defies not-midget until he is pressed down on the bed with huge force he can't see
>C is drained and turned
>M is hanging out when the Saracen's voice comes from a chair
>Door never opened
>He walks to bed, some more flirt, fade to black/turning
>Both wake up nude or mostly nude
>C has not-midget in the room, gets mindfucked to attack the soldiers attacking castle so he can escape
>M wakes up alone, very confused, meets C in hallway and follows him
>SOLDIERS EVERYWHERE
>C manages to take out a few before tackled down
>M surrenders
And this is how they got turned

Got to go again but if I get back and this thread lives, I'll tell the story about how one character was taken out a session before the finale by these two idiots going after a literal combat monster

Is vampire always this sexual? It seems like every time I hear about it there is sex involved, more so than with other Nwod or generic games like dnd or something.

I'm interested. Go ahead!

Vamp can be. It's kinda part of the themes that VtM and VtR draws upon for inspiration, such as everything Anne Rice has done to Carmilla to The Lost Boys. Evil is seductive and corruptive and sex is a good tool for it. To be honest though, I didn't think C would go for Boytoy at all when I thought it up since he never indicated that the character was gay and M ended up playing a slightly sub character who entered a very unhealthy relationship with her sire. Whenever something like this happened, after the session or even during play I would stop and just ask is this going to far/are they comfortable/should we retcon what just happened. They were good with all the unhealthy relationships the characters entered into.

Well alright then. Far from the most fucked up thing I've heard of happening in vampire.

Well, that unhealthy relationship was cemented with her sire ordering her to kill her half siblings in her childhood home. This was just an order, no powers, no blood bond, not even phrased strongly. He just told her to go to the house and kill the people in the room with the lighthouse door. Good thing that was her solo session because holy fuck that was an intense session. Anyway, I'll start up on the second to last session which resulted in a character getting so fucked up we needed to improve what the hell would that player play for the FINAL GOSHDARN SESSION.

>After they get captured, the characters end up in the dungeons of some very unfriendly vamps
>After a week of torture the unfriendly vamps realize that these kids might not know anything
>Turns out they are a counter-conspiracy out to stop the conspiracy lead by Giovanni, which is trying to diablerize an Elder
>Players become double agents for the unfriendly vamps in exchange for freedom
>Eventually find the assholes who turned them and go through training montage
>Important part of montage is C being savaged and chased a bunch by The Hound, a Gargoyle built to be scary and combative who is controlled by not-midget
>Players have no idea what the fuck it is because of course they don't read the rulebook or do independent research in character
>Safe to say, they are freaked out the Hound and hate it almost as much they hate not-midget.
>C, who is blood bound to not-midget, gets great plan! Get other people to kill him!
>Goes to zealot monks and tell them monster is in city. Rolls really well and they are up to whip up a mob.
>Player gets them to wait until he can bring definitive proof or something
>Main reason was to get Giovanni in same house at same time to kill two vamps with one stake
>M hires toughs to break into not-midget's house and steal shit
>C walks in as the Hound is eating the remains while not-midget goes to change shoes which are covered in blood
>C goes outside and climbs up the side of the building using Potence. He wanted to go fast instead of sneaky
>Gets inside of room, gets shoes, leaps out of window and runs
>As he runs, he realizes that the fucking HOUND IS TRACKING THE SHOE BECAUSE OF THE BLOOD
>Player notes to self to be sneaky when breaking into a vampire wizard's bedroom next time
>Rolls Courage and fails badly

>M walks out of a house after having a lovely night visiting a slightly depressed Boytoy, who can't be with C since not-Midget ordered that relationship to end
>Sees C running down the street like a bear is after him
>Sees a monstrous shadow leaping from building to building
>Follows this clusterfuck
>C gets horrifically lost and ends up in the worst part of the slums with buildings starting to crumble
>C rushes into one building just ahead of the Hound
>The Hound breaks the door frame and starts to claw it's way up
>M goes into an adjacent building and makes a leap into the room C is
>C is trying to light the room on fire with his shitty magic ability. It goes not as fast as he wants it to burn
>C hands off shoe to M to run away
>THE HOUND GETS IN THE ROOM AND LATCHES ONTO M
>C tries to fight the Hound, M tries to run away
>THE HOUND IS STRONK AND BITES AWAY
>M's arm gets mangled and ripped away
>Should have killed her but I say she is in torpor
>C gets FUCKING PISSED and grapples the Hound, which now has the shoe and wants to go home to master
>C wrestles the Hound and throws it into the fire
>Fire is bad, M'kay? One of the things that actually fucks up vamps, M'kay?
>Eventually kills the Hound through lots of fire
>C picks up M's body and runs away, leaving the shoe and a slum to burn down behind him

And that's how a player pretty much got killed the session before the final one over a fucking shoe

Well I mean the shoue was their evidence. Though honestly that's pretty shItty evidence.

My players are not the best at in the moment thought. We all had a nice laugh after the game over and scrambled to find M a new character that would fit in. I will now type out the insanity that was the last session. Also, for the most part, I played from the book.

Shit, need to wait a bit on the finale. Will post it though.

Good god. Do you, though? I'm torn between laughing and being alarmed in sympathy for your character.