mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for 1001 points

Why does your OP image have two waifus and a USELESS FAGGOT WHORE in it

I heard there was heresy and I got here as fast as I could.

Remember guys, if you make a general saying you're right, you're inarguably right!

Blood Angels best angels

That's OVER 100 MULTIMELTAS (っ`Д´ς )

Remember it's not cheating if you call anyone that complains a friendless autist.

user-kun!
Would you like to play a 1001 point game with me?

You were wrong last thread, and you're wrong now. Going over the points limit is cheating. Move on.

HAVE YOU PRAISED THE OMNISSIAH FOR THIS GLORIOUS MORNING AND THE MIRACLE OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK TO LET YOU SEE IT

Xth for taking 2 heavies a squad and calling anyone who complains a sperg

>100% sealed
>box is punctured
I'm a little triggered.

No it's not.

No, piss of aladdin.

Shrink wrap wasn't perforated. HAHAHA SUCKA

>starts selling "shrink-wrapped" products on eBay
>it's just sprues in cling wrap

Holy shit master of mankind was bad. It just shat on the central tenet of the setting for me. I will never accept this depiction of the Emperor as canon. ADB needs to be taken out and shot for this disgrace of a book.

For a guy who once talked about keeping mystery in the setting... I dont even know what to to fucking say. Im disgusted by this book.

Care to elaborate?

No. Dont read it and ignore it completely.

What was bad about it? I don't mind spoilers.

Well, I kinda can't, as if it's *that* bad, and it's from BL, then it's canon. So I need to know.

Breh

>reading BL ever

There's a reason dozens of people every day tell you not to do this and say BL is shit. Guess you just don't listen.

brb buying it now

I have two heavy weapons in a squad

in my pants

Spoilers I guess.

>‘I will face the Sixteenth,’ the Emperor interrupted
This is Emps talking about Horus. He thinks about the Primarchs by fucking serial number. This is Horus his favourite son that he could bare to kill until the end. Its all fucked now bois.

>The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40,000 – in all its Gothic, towering, Cyclopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty – has taken its first irrevocable step.

This is the start to ADB's afterword. Unless youre a Chaos fag leave this shitty hobby behind cause that s the future now.

How much did that cost?

SQUAD BROKEN

Sure.
You don't have a legal army list.
I win.

>expecting the "good" guys to win when GW are trying their hardest to make a edgy grim dark reality where nothing matters
>not expecting them to do the exact same thing as they did in fantasy
>being this blind

Of course it was gonna dark end to the galaxy, who would actually be happy with "and then the chaos gods gave up and all the chaos bad men died and humanity prospered and the emperor got better"

You don't even know that it'll all end the same yet.

It's Horus on the golden throne.

>>expecting the "good" guys to win
Its the HH you stupid fucking cunt. We already know who wins and what happens go fuck yourself with a rake

For 30 years, GW have said the Imperium is doomed. If not Chaos, then Nids, or Necrons, or Orks or whatever.

And you're surprised it's got dark endings?

>who would actually be happy with "and then the chaos gods gave up and all the chaos bad men died and humanity prospered and the emperor got better"

About the same number of people who would be happy with "and then the evil spiky badmen killed everyone and raped their souls for ever and ever and ever while the chaos gods laughed at the silly mortals who thought they had a chance of escape".

Advancing the setting was the worst decision GW has made for 40k in a decade. The End Times in Fantasy proves they can't write an engaging story to save their lives, and now we're all stuck with the same shit being rehashed in another game line.

£35, which I thought was pretty good

honestly the chaos fags are being played to
the whole stalemate was JUST AS PLANNED
i bet the fucking detached writers at bl think this is an ending that satisfies everyone because "nobody wins lmao" to

>this is exactly how people talked about the Old World in fantasy shortly before the End Times, that it was only a matter of time before chaos won and the good guys were just prolonging the inevitable
scared.jpg

Abaddons sword is stronger then the Emperor. Your point is invalid.

To be fair, that's the Emperor at his most private. He's going to think weirdly about things.

He's 50,000 years old.

So he might refer to them as numbers, he might still like them. Or at least Horus.

Can anyone help me with this list and tell me if it can take on all types of lists?

The idea is to have loads of objective secured troops with the weapons to take on any kind of threat, that way there is nothing I cant handle.
The scouts just sit in my deployment zone.

Either commit to the drop pod or don't use it. What'll happen is the drop pod will come in, the marines inside get one round of shooting, then get wiped out because none of their support was nearby because they're still driving up the board.

>started a deathwatch army and have no idea what they're doing with it?

I know more or less what I'm doing with it.

Making an allied force that's basically a deep-striking dakka squad that enemies will fear charging.
And having fun making unique models.

Spoilers again. Sorry I had to go find this bit. ADB's Emperor does not like the Primarchs.

‘Divine One,’ he said, before he knew he was going to say anything at all.
‘A compromised primarch is still a primarch,’ the Emperor mused, still distracted. ‘What is it, Arkhan?’ Land hesitated. ‘You are more sanguine than I would have imagined in this moment, even knowing of your holy detachment from emotion.’ ‘What would the alternative be?’ The Emperor laid the bloodstained gloves on a nearby surgical trolley, where red-marked knives and other instruments lay wet and freshly used. ‘That I might mourn the Twelfth as though it were my injured son, and I its grieving father?’ ‘Never that, Divine One.’ Arkhan chose his words with care. ‘Though some might expect that.’ The Emperor unlocked the sealed vambraces of His hazard suit, then removed the surgical mask that had covered His face until now. ‘It is not my son, Arkhan. None of them are. They are warlords, generals, tools bred to serve a purpose. Just as the Legions were bred to serve a purpose.’

As we can see any and all interactions with the Primarchs were simply attempts at manipulation. The Triumph at Ullanor, manipulation. Fulgrim wearing the Emperors Aquila, manipulation. Emperor thinking he could save horus until he watched custodes/Pious die, manipulation I guess? Its just so fucking dumb and retcons so much. The tragedy of the Heresy is now gone.

Is this decent enough of a list or should I cut down a bit on the squad size and maybe add some Ruststalkers or Dragoons instead?

ADB is fucking cancer. He's one of BL's best writers from a technical standpoint, but he pisses all over the lore in a way not even Abnett can match.

>1001 points is the new forced meme

I like it.

Also Emps waiting for Horus to kill Pius after he killed Sanguinius is equally as stupid.

Yeah its a well written book. But its hard to care about that when its shitting on the lore when the lore is the reason I'm reading it anyway. I wouldnt read his series if he wrote one.

It wouldn't be if people didn't get so butthurt and feed and the trolls.
>FUCKING CHEATERS, LOOK HOW NOT TROLLED I AM. WOOOOOOOW YOU GUYS ARE NOT GETTING TO ME AT ALL, STONE, FUCKING, WALL.

To be fair, saying they were made as tools and warlords, not as his sons, doesn't mean that he does not like them. He might not love them like a father, but he still might like them like a person might like their car or PC or miniatures.

I only have one more drop pod and I plan to buy an ironclad for that.
How can I support them?

Completely shit-tier meme at that, too.

That'd be a valid point, if the person claiming it wasn't cheating was trolling in the first place. But they weren't. Sure, the idiots bandwagoning afterwards might be, but hey.

sanguinius had a fighting chance
killing ollanius was just cruelty
but yeah he shoudla went ballistic as soon as he saw dead space jesus

What makes a meme a meme is repetition.

Even if you believe the first guy was genuine, the only thing leaving ANGRY messages full of abuse does is encourage contrarian shitposting to rile up people more.

I didn't even have anything to do with the argument. But yeah, it doesn't matter how wrong someone is, people will always "pretend" to be retards and encourage a reaction.

Well, the original post was an ork player saying "just take more points than them :^)" with no mention of whether they asked to do this, which is cheating whether they were trolling or not. I assumed this 1001 point list game meme was to trigger autists who don't like it not being a round number, not that he was insinuating he'd take an extra point in a 1000 point game

It seriously, really, honestly isn't cheating.

I don't do it, but if someone rocked up with a 1003 point army in a 1000 point game, I wouldn't care, and outside of tourneys no one else really should either.

I sincerely don't understand why this is causing so many arguments. I am legitimately confused, guys. Can someone chime in on why it matters so much?

I'd get 1050 or even 1020, but who cares if they're a couple of points over? Why does it matter?

Is it OK to take 1001 points if you base your army around Aladdin? :^)

See, this is cheating, I get this. But if someone asked prior, why does it matter?

This is me, by the way.

>he
Don't pretend you're not the one who brought the 1001 point thing into a new thread, Mr. Everyone Who Disagrees Is An Autist.

>autists
Take ANY number of points over the limit is cheating you stupid prick, stop forcing this stale fucking meme.

It doesn't matter if it's even ONE, POINT.

how do you make these lists?

On reading the thread, I think the point of it was that they were trying to belittle anyone who disagreed with a falsely equivalent argument.

>"Taking extra wargear on all my squads for free is fine, because Orks need it so it's totally fine"
>"But that's cheating"
>"WOOOOOOW 1001 POINTS GOT YOU RILED UP AUTIST AUTIST AUTIST"

It's just some idiot assmad a lot of people disagreed with them.

Been a while since I 40k. Whats with these start collecting boxes? Is this gamesworkshops way of trying to sell me cheaper Chaos Space Marine boxes?

I feel like there has to be a catch here with these...

That's fucked

How did ADB get the green light for this?

Going over the points limit is cheating. The limit is there for a reason, if you can't get your list within the limit then change it.

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Here you are my friend.
It crashes sometimes but it has pretty pictures.

The catch is you're giving GW money

I feel the same way but, yes, it is technically against the rules which upsets some people.

It's like the RAW vs RAI arguments, following the spirit of the game vs following the rules of the game.
Without the rules there would be no game, without fun there would be no players.

I didn't bring it in, but getting butt blasted about people playing 1001 point games instead of 1000 is pretty autismal as fuck m80

Yes, but you're saying in a roundabout way that you need to cheat in order to have fun. That's not a truthful argument.

Going over points isn't in the spirit of the game. It's really, really not that hard. If you're at 996 points, being 4 under isn't going to kill you. Same with 1499.

I wasn't saying take any points over the limit, I said I assumed as it wasn't stated that the original poster of this shit meme was playing a 1001 point game, not 1000 and taking an extra point. If they've agreed to it then what's the problem? Where in the rules does it say "Games may only be played with lists consisting of 750, 1000, 1500 and 1850 points. Any deviation is CHEEEATINGGG"

People aren't upset about that. You can play whatever point limit you want. It's about people going over the point limit that is set.

If you play 1001 points, or 1550, or whatever, then that's fine to go to that limit. Playing 1000, and going to 1001, is cheating. Same as going to 1020, or 1050. I don't understand the confusion here.

Either you STRICTLY enforce the rules against everyone's better judgement or you don't.

If you think that going just one point over the limit, that the rules are sacred, then you support cataphracii captains taking bikes and blue/brimstone horrors rolling on malefic.

If you don't mind, you support fun and interesting games.
That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Well, even though I disagree with taking free wargear as cheating and don't go over the appointed amount of points, just posting my interpretation got me 5 replies of hate without them even reading it, so yeah they're being pretty autistic and sperging out at seeing 1001 without even reading the post.

Not the point of the argument. Nobody's saying that there must be set increments of points. The point is that going over a limit set for the game is cheating.

I know, Jesus Christ I don't even go over points I'm usually 4 points under because shitty costings. I don't even approve of this meme shit but everyone's reading it like I was defending it when I was just interpreting it as they're playing 1001 point games.

Which it is.

It's against the spirit of the game, just like taking multiple riptides within a list or... well, pretty much anything Tau do.

That's not really the point of the discussion at hand, and you know it. RAW/RAI (even with the examples you've given, which are pretty clear-cut illegal unless you're an absolute full-blown autist) and actual cheating are two completely separate issues.

Which brings me to my first post which garnered all the hate. Some ork player took free upgrades and extra points which is cheating.
The 1001 douchebag never explicitly stated he was taking more points than the limit and asked other anons for a 1001 point game, people are incapable of separating the idea that the game could be 1001 not 1000+1 cheating. Fuck me.

At least we can all agree that the Tau are faggots. Through blueberry hate, unity.

Completely agree. It makes his stance on the Thousand Sons all the more retarded.

The HH series started promising enough, but it's just been a slow, steady decline into stupidity.

This argument is like watching two retards fighting to suck a door knob.

Nemesis was the end of the HH being even halfway decent.

>which are pretty clear-cut illegal
... if you're playing RAI.

RAW they're perfectly legal.

>it's autism
No, it's the fucking rules. The whole point of two people agreeing to play 40k or warmahordes or whatever is they obey what the rulebook for that particular game says, and the 40k rulebook explicitly says you do not go over the agreed limit. Asking people to follow this rule is no more autistic than asking them to obey the rules for the rest of the game.

Fucking thank you. It's not that hard to follow the rules set out in the book. Going over the set limit is cheating. End of story.

Eh, Battle for the Abyss was just a very shitty book, and Legion was beginning of inserting really, really stupid subplots that no one wanted.

I think you've gotten too emotionally I vested in the father son side of thingas. The emperor has always seen the primarchs as tools, just as he did the thunder warriors. This is consistent with his personality.

Not following this is like someone saying "Yeah but I want my Fire Warriors to have Split Fire and Preferred Enemy (Everything), that's fine right? Yeah that's fine."

"But that's blatant cheating."

"WHY DO YOU CARE AUTIST I ASKED YOU BEFOREHAND JESUS GET SOME FRIENDS"

Yeah, I remember the time I almost let my socket wrench murder me because I loved it too much.

So, moving away from this shitfight...

What's everyone working on at the moment?

Many thanks to whoever got the Dec issue of white dwarf into the trove! Great help, cheers

Building up my first army, starting with the Skitarii Start Collecting box.

CRABTANK MOTHERFUCKERS

>I think you've gotten too emotionally I vested in the father son side of thingas.
Yeah I hate when people take the canon view of things. Thats why I wait for a BL author to come along and tell me why the old fluff was wrong.

Upblinging some of my 4th company Ultramarine vets with 30k bits.
Mildly disappointed a lot of it is model parts, rather than bling. I like to decorate my dudes, and I can't use a lot of the baller 30k items without just making new dudes.

How many two shot rending lascannons can my smashfuckers in landraiders take at 1,001 points?

Fuck those legs FUCK THOSE LEGS FUCK THOSE FUCKING LEGS

The person who decided those things needs spikes on the parts you need to hold together when assembling needs to be fucking shot.