Guay Foamers Edition

Whats your jam?
Stock list or spicy tech?
Are you winning, son?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-07-16-knightfall/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-11-16-esper-narset/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I built grixis control and have been having fun. Just the stock list everyone is running, I haven't seen much variation to it anywhere. I'm still learning, mostly having difficulty game 1 where I find it hard to determine when I should be aggressive. Once sideboard cards come in it's a lot easier due to the large amount of cantrips available to go through the deck.

>Whats your jam?
pic related in everything
>Stock list or spicy tech?
Spicy pic related main deck in Tron
>Are you winning, son?
I Ghost Quarter'd two of my own tron pieces in a game to keep them from being hit by Crumble to Dust, then played pic related and milled a World Breaker. Felt good. Winning most of my matches.

>Whats your jam?
Infect, playing more Ad NAuseam right now
I don't run THE stock list but it's fairly standard
Run mystical teachings in nauseam, really great
>Are you winning, son?
Yup

>Playing expensive linear, uninteractive formats

This is not standard m8

It's quite paradoxical how formats where more fast mana exists lends itself to more interactive games

>that triple mutagenic growth at the world cup
the banhammer looms

>Whats your jam?
Finally decided to play something other than infect. I built Mono Red burn and so far against infect and hatebears I have done pretty well.
>Stock List or Spicy Tech
Spicy tech is Magma Jet on end step
>Are you winning?
So far yes the real challange will be delver control varients, 8 rack, and twin sisters, and of course dredge but I have high hopes for this deck.

>all this salt about infect finally being competitive
its not hard to beat infect force sack and for discard is a easy win.

I play infect, my point is more about the fact that a turn 2 kill happened on camera at giant with a deck that people already think wizards might hit.

It's not the fast mana that lends itself to interactive games. It's free counterspells like force of will and wasteland actually policing the use of nonbasics.

How'd it win?

>Whats your jam?

Lantern control. We tier one now baby.

Fairly stock. I run the birds.

>Are you winning, son?

Pretty much every week. Need to focus on doing better at large events. GPs etc.

turn 2 might + Triple muta

>Jam
Affinity master race
>Stock/spicy
Pretty much stock, but I may run more ensoul artifacts than normal
>Win?
Barely

>Affinity master race
Literally wewuzkings.dec.
Can't win a gp to save its life.
People will never stop playing bad decks.

On the draw.
T1 opponent
>Git Probe
>Inkmoth
>pass
T1 winner
>Git Probe
>Fetch
>basic Forest
>Glistener Elf
>pass
T2 opponent
>fetch
>Breeding Pool
>attack with Inkmoth
>pass
T2 winner
>Might
>Attack with Glistener
>Muta Growth
>Muta Growth
>Muta Growth
11 infect damage, opponent dies to SBA

How many? one? one might be too many.
Have you tried Toolcraft Exemplars and Dispatches and playing white affinity? I don't know if it's good but it's a thought. a 3/2 first strike for W might be worth your time if you're okay with it not being an artifact itself

modern is a format where people will play what they have

>both turn 1 git probe
>one guy didn't just concede immediately
I'd have understood if he kept mana up and pretended he drew vines or some shit with his 1 unknown draw, but what's the point of even playing on when you know your opponent has you dead and there's nothing you can do?
Also git probe is aids

Spicy tech. Esper midrange deck. I'm doing well enough (about 55% win rate)
That I'm down to continue experimenting til I get it right.
Thoughtseize x2
Inquisition x4
Path to Exile x4
Thought scour x4
Snapcaster x3
Jace, VP x3
Lingering souls x3
Liliana of the Veil x2
Liliana, the last hope x1
Esper Charm x3
Anguished Unmaking x1
Cryptic Command x4
Murderous Cut x1
Tasigur, TGF x3
Gurmag Angler x1

I like esper Charm but not sure if it's necessary, might cut it for more removal, or supreme verdicts, or possibly some low curve counters like spell Snares or something.

55% win rate in what? your LCS, mtgo?

Xmage. I have the deck irl just haven't had time to play it yet.

I play it because it's a solid deck with zero drops and artifacts. Those are two of my favorite things.

Or couldn't he have held back and blocked? Misplay imo.

>friend wants to sell some cards
>our lgs is closed,so we google another one
>drive there
>friend tells the owner he wants to sell
>if the cards you wanna sell are more than 5$, you gotta bring at least two
>you wanna sell? you gotta rip at least one
>even if they're foils
>"fakes are getting better and better!"
>mfw

>>if the cards you wanna sell are more than 5$, you gotta bring at least two
>>you wanna sell? you gotta rip at least one
>>even if they're foils
what the actual fuck

Is it just stock GR with Loams in the flex spots, or is it even spicier?

>Whats your jam?
UW Emeria Titan
Spiciest tech is celestial flare for the infect/bogles blowouts. Still havent gotten around to testing reflector mage but the aggro matchups are already so good...
>Are you winning, son?
my FNM is 75% linear aggro decks so... yeah.

>using strictly worse blessed Alliance.
>expects to be taken seriously.

It's not strictly better

I can target myself with it, so it's not strictly worse. What if I really need to get rid of one of my creatures with shroud?

TFW swing with sun titan into a fat fuck vigilant pro creature bogle for a reanimate trigger and they bite the block.
Flare won me that game, alliance wouldn't have.

>Whats your jam?
Jund. I don't feel like building anything else.
Kalitas and Grim Flayers still manage to catch people off guard some how.
>Are you winning, son
I've made top 4 at every local, including standard, for the last 6 weeks. I feel like my win streak will end soon

>Buy fakes
>Rip the real one
>Sell the fake more expensive because of ripping the other
>Profit

>Whats your jam?
Knightfall
Budget. The only actual money card is the Hierarchs. In dire need of those Voices.
Some mainboard Smiters because fuck LotV and every deck running them.
Running Thassa in a flex spot for spice. Nice alternative to Coralhelm that doesn't require the combo to achieve similar results. Also being able to be CoCo'd is nice.
>Are you winning, son?
Haha fuck no.

ITT; things that never happened

Got a list m8? Knightfall sounds like it might be fun.

Will it get banned?
Yes or YES?

what the fuuuuuuuck

I'll have to update my old list. In the meantime, look up some of the pro lists. Personally I don't run the Coursers that they all include, because if you do combo out, you have to show your library inbetween each shuffle, which is just a pain in paper magic.

2BB
All creatures get -3/-3 until end of turn.
You may cast a card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your hand without paying its mana cost.

I'm gunna say no? good sideboard card for grixis control though

>wipe board
>free cast ancestral

Shit is fucking nuts

Fine with this in standard, could go Grixis or UB tower and go this into tower tap

it only really fits in grixis control though, and even then it's not worth main boarding. And if you suspended AV turn 1 you'd have gotten it turn 5, same turn you'd be able to use the cards from your free AV off this.

>BGX decks just keep getting better

selling out of standard right now desu

You hit that with Spell Queller
In modern, you can cast a LotV for free with it.

nuoh my god

Here it is in its current state.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-07-16-knightfall/

It is a fun deck, just make sure you're okay with combo wins (they can feel deflating to some people, even if it's your combo), and be prepared to actually run through the combo in a decent amount of time if it goes off. Solitairing helps.

So what decks besides Grixis control SB want this?

Thopter-Foundry/Tezzerator sideboard maybe?

That's not a modern deck

>Jund against affinity
>Wipe the board, free cast LotV

It fits just fine into jund, thank you very much.

I think K command would be a better free cast after wiping their board.

>shitty top deck
>in jund
I dunno

I'd have to watch it again but I don't think he had all four cards in hand at the time.

It's stock otherwise. I'm thinking about playing more World Breakers, Kozi's Return and Loams and ply a 'dredge tron' build.

For now it's 19 lands, 3 Kozi's Return and Loam. Crucible is 'fine' in that slot but I only want two land returning cards total and crucible can be hit G2 by artifact destruction.

2 Spellskite
2 Wurmcoil Engine
2 World Breaker
2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Karn Liberated
2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
3 Kozilek's Return
3 Oblivion Stone
4 Ancient Stirrings
4 Sylvan Scrying
1 Life from the Loam
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Chromatic Star
4 Expedition Map

4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Urza's Tower
4 Grove of the Burnwillows
1 Forest
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Sanctum of Ugin

Sideboard:
1 Spellskite
2 Thragtusk
3 Nature's Claim
3 Warping Wail
3 Relic of Progenitus
1 Life from the Loam
1 Forest
1 Ghost Quarter

How is it a shitty top deck

Esper control. Works great with esper Charm. Wipe the board then draw 2

when you top deck it it's an anger of the gods that costs 1 more and doesn't exile.

is ajani blue white now or something?

>Dynavolt tutor
shweet

blue is probably just the color of the rebels for Aether Revolt

That doesn't seem shitty to me. Sure, it's less efficient, but that doesn't mean it's a bad card to draw.

can someone write out quicksmith rebel and/or scrap trawler? They're hard to read

but realistically this is a sideboard card. Any situation you're bringing this in for you either want anger of the gods or damnation over this. By what measure are cards bad if not being worse than the other available options?

Quick Smith is obscured, but likely lets artifacts ping creatures for their mana costs.

Scrap trawler:
Whenever ~or another artifact you control dies, return to your hand another artifact card with less converted mana cost.

>get super in to mtg for a few months
>trade and buy in to standard to get shitty budget mono green ramp deck
>destroy at some scg qualifier my friend wanted to go to
>overhyped
>upgrade it with new cards releasing in EDM
>don't go to a single event after 1-2 weeks post release
>now I have all these cards for a format I hate, despite loving the deck
>no time, money, or friends to go with

This is why I play modern; slow upkeep, slow collecting, and I can go once every few months without needing a new deck (because I don't play the latest memes).

Oh, and I can play the color blue.

Quick question:
I want to build a Valakut Deck, which one is better (and if possible, more fun):
-GR Scapeshift;
-GR Breach.

I'm a bit more inclined to Breach since I own 4x Chalice of the Void, but I would prefer, if possible, an opinion of people that already tried both or played against them often.

>get out tasigur turn 3
>new wrath turn 4
>play Boom // Bust for free
new tier 1 deck coming through

Breach with a singleton scapeshift

Does any of the online mtg software work on tablets?
Not forge. Ai opponents are pointless

Playing esper narset deck lately and it's god awful against dredge. I'm tempted to through this piece of shit in just to see reactions to a 30/30 assuming I'm not already dead.

LOL no trample

LOL obviously it's shit.

>no flying
>no trample
>no fucking keywords

I'm just going to keep dying to dredge.

RiP????

Running this list:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-11-16-esper-narset/

I might swap out the Halo's for RiPs, but they help out in other matches. Maybe the Extirpate since we're already running double Surgicals.

What is with modern Nexus staff writers and wild nacatl?

Every time I check this site they're shilling a """new""" build of wild nacatl, tarmogoyf, hooting mandrill, snapcaster, and delver of secrets.

Does scg have a ton extra in stock or something? Why else would they pretend this deck is the new meta time after time, only to get proven wrong time after time?

That's only Jordan's posts. Because that's the archetype he likes.
You're kind of retarded

Blue sucks in modern, and UW Flash is the best deck in standard right now

You're probably right. My question is now why do they let a guy whose response to any meta game is to hoard nacatl write for their site? He's really bringing the quality of analysis down.

Counter Cat Illuminati

I mostly play sealed and draft at an LGS that centers on modern and I'm thinking about bringing this budget 8 Whack deck. I'd find myself content if I win 2 of 4 rounds with it, but I wanted to know: what do y'all niggas think of it?

whats the rg card next to mogg war marshal?

you might like frenzied goblin

It's Tattermunge Maniac. I'm sorry for the shitty quality. I'm actually buying the lot for about 40 USD from a dude that has retired. Including this sideboard.

It almost doesn't matter how bad you build 8whack, it still wins. That said replace the tattermunge thing with Goblin Guides, if you don't have those, a couple of Goblin Chieftans and Frenzied Goblins.

>archetype
This fucking WORD man. What happened to the word "deck"? Did people stop using it when talking about Modern because it distracts from how everything is a different flavour of aggro or combo?

>It almost doesn't matter how bad you build 8whack, it still wins.
heheh I like how that sounds. Yeah, this is a super budget list and of course Goblin Guides are a must on this deck. I would get them if I end up liking it. I will definitely get a couple Chieftains if I see them and the Frenzied Goblins too, just to try em out.

Scrap Trawler
3 (Rare)
Artifact Creature - Construct
Whenever ~ or another artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return to your hand target artifact card in your graveyard with lesser converted mana cost.
3/2

E G G S
G
G
S

>B O L T

>O

>L

>T

>In response I'll sac it to Krark-Clan Ironworks and return Myr Retriever
>Use the 2 to cast Myr Retriever
>Sac Retriver to KCI
>Get back Scrap Trawler
If given free reign, I'm pretty sure there's some real degenerate shit you could do. If affinity creatures like Frogmite or fuck it, Mycosynth Golem, ever got near the field your opponent is most likely fucked in some way.

So I'm trying to build my first modern deck and I was thinking about some variation of elves. I was thinking about GW but excluded horizon canopy and cavern of souls. Here's my list so far (I havent bought anything other than the pieces that are in most elf decks anyway):

4 Blossoming Sands
4 Collected Company
4 Dwynen's Elite
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Elvish Visionary
3 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
11 Forest
4 Heritage Druid
3 Lead the Stampede
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Nettle Sentinel
2 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
2 Stirring Wildwood
3 Sylvan Messenger

the splash of white is for the sideboard but I still don't even know if I want to run White or Black.

MY FUCKING DI-
>Pro tour qualifier only

I want it

>dredge, discard and LOAM
gets me hard...
need more combos

that is pretty and pricey

Myr Enforcer would come back into the main deck before Mycosynth Golem ever shows its head.