40corps

guys hear me out on this one

You take the factions in 40k...

and you make them companies in the world of high stakes corporate raiding

In the grim darkness of the 21st century, there is only war, and it's fought behind closed doors with cigars and whiskey

Go on...

>The Imperium is a hidebound company that chugs along through sheer force of will and twisted reinterpretations of its older self, defended by legions upon legions of lawyers.

You have my attention OP

Obligatory Tau = Apple post

The Heresy was Horus being fed up with Emps having to give a yes on every decision even after being named CEO.

I'd say the Imperium's more like a consortium, full of different companies that frequently clash and rarely cooperate.

Our lord, savior and emperor Gaben was working on his secret project half life 3, when the gaming community was betrayed by EA.
Because of the EA heresy the 21st century is plagued by micro transactions and early access.

All right, it's obvious >Space Wolves are a pet shop chain.

>Thousand sons are a bookshop chain

>Death Guard is sanitary supplies

Help for others needed!

Ultramarines are an animation studio.
blood ravens are the oreo company.

I imagine the whole setting takes place in some former Warsaw pact nation still getting used to capitalism.

The Imperium is an old mafia/oligarchic family business that's long since gone legit and gone soft. The patriarch started to aggressively expand in the post-soviet era and came to control the whole region. After a succession feud that left the patriarch in a vegetative state, his many sons all try to maintain his empire in their own ways, with varying levels of success.

The Eldar are old money, remnants of old aristocrats, bankers and zaibatsu. In the past they ruled the region, but their wealth made them complacent, and they ended up supporting a political revolution that turned on them and killed most of them once it succeeded. The survivors and remnants returned once the revolution was itself overthrown, but they are distrusting of the new money that has arisen since then.

The Tau are a startup of young college graduates who were schooled abroad. They don't really know how much of the business world works yet on the surface, and they aren't even aware there's still anything under the surface. But their products work and are aesthetically pleasing and appealing, particularly to a younger market tired of constantly having to pay protection and obey the Imperium.

Tyranids are a somewhat shady megacorporation from overseas. They don't know the rules of business or the culture here, and they don't care, and they have the means to get their hands dirty.

Chaos is anarchism and/or communism. Back when the Eldar ruled the region, they supported and adopted fringe political beliefs in an attempt to control the new government, but the new soviet government turned on them. They were eventually overthrown in a violent civil war backed by the remnants of the Eldar, but there are still many unknown sympathizers to the old people's republic loitering around.

>blood ravens are the oreo company.
I'd think them to be more of antique shop.
That never sells anything.

Orks are like starbucks, some chain that pops up like a weed and relentlessly drives competitors that actually have character out of business.

>>death guard is sanitary supplies
How about a morally bankrupt pharmaceutical company?

This is good

I dunno, Mortarion is funnier when joked about odours are being thrown at him.

Aha ha. No. Eldar = Apple
*Old company
*Closed source
*Form over function (though functions well enough)
*Cultish, otherproductphobic followers
*Haughty founder died due to hubris

Tau = Samsung
Necrons = IBM
Admech = Microsoft

But somehow always seems to get more stock from somewhere.

Facebook is Warp Spiders.

The bookshop from Good Omens?