/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

PERCIVAL EDITION

Want a FAQ? Go read the KS comments.

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/001/991/140/1ab74a3a7b4f2d6d984c89acec83d68e_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1399720918&auto=format&q=92&s=eeeee102b57db230df8c09f5ea96b21d
ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/002/616/047/c59d3e77445121cb50e82bd1ce3dd25b_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1411283358&auto=format&q=92&s=1e9c7ca1a214a0682a443cbfd944d38d
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone know when I should expect my order from the black friday sale to ship?

Lazy OP edition
For the kingdomdeath website store's black friday, I'd expect about a week from now. The busy times take longer to get everything sent out.

Reposted, cause whatever.

So, that Gold Smoke Knight change...

Who else thinks that there's going to be an expansion featuring The King with a new campaign that replaces the Gold Smoke Knight as the final boss? We already know he has a mold made for The King. We already know the tagline for this campaign is "They Await The King". And this is the perfect time to design these two encounters to be interchangeable to a degree.

I really, really want to get into Kingdom Death and give it a try, but the other members of my gaming group have made it into one big fucking joke about "the penis monster game."

For over a goddamn year now, every reference to Kingdom Death in my game group has been someone bringing it up out of the blue to talk about how it's "gross anime shit" or how the guys behind it "raised millions of dollars to sell people their guro fetish art" and it's made the fact that I find the game both aesthetically and mechanically interesting my secret shame.

The 1.5 kickstarter seems like the perfect oppontunity to jump on board and finally play the game, but I know that if I actually proposed trying it out all my gaming friends would think I was some sort of degenerate. Does anyone know how I might get sell my group on giving it a try without getting shouted down with their stupid fucking "lol boob and penis bird" shit?

Ok, was just wondering. Thanks, user. I should've picked up more than the one model, could've used it for the secret santa. :/

What armor set is most comfy?

Does anyone remember what he said in the old updated about things being finished? I mean, if they actually made all those plastic Scribe and King models and it was just the rules Poots wasn't satisfied with, then surely there'd be no reason not to release them here in some way or another.

Screaming Fur, White Lion or Phoenix probably. All warm and fuzzy suits.

Get a group that isn't full of morons.

Have you tried finding a gaming group that isn't made up of autistic normies?

But for real, if they can't be adult enough to at least try the fucking game after you ask them nicely, fuck them. There are plenty of worse fucking things I can think of that KD. Hell, no one bats an eye when vidiya games do this shit. See Bayonetta, God of War, etc.

Though Gorm may well be very comfy if you're wearing the Gorm undersuit.

The game is best played with 2 or 3 people. Find one or two other people who aren't complete cads and play it with them.

I'm scrolling through the updates for the original kickstarter and just came across this image ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/001/991/140/1ab74a3a7b4f2d6d984c89acec83d68e_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1399720918&auto=format&q=92&s=eeeee102b57db230df8c09f5ea96b21d which has the full King miniature including sprue. So yeah, at least for that they made a sprue for it. Probably Scribe too, but I'm not there yet in the archive crawl.

If they're all PC 14 year olds that cannot frame sexual themes in any other way than fetishism then there's not much you can do.
Maybe talk about the obvious similarities to Dark Souls?

>Lazy OP edition
Do it yourself next time.

I just busted it out and told everyone we were playing. After reading the tutorial people thought it was a bit silly but went with it. Then they started getting decapitated and the laughter stopped.

The biggest hurdle for me was getting fags to play with the women models because they're better mechanically.

>they're better mechanically
Non-player here, how so?

Huh, can't remember seeing that before. All props to them for refunding us rather than just shoving out the model and half-arsed rules, but I wish we'd gotten the option of just buying the model at a discount or something then.

There's events that specifically target male survivors. Females are more likely to live through them.

Gorm Suit looks stinky and sticky, not very comfy.

[Latex fashion excitement intensifies]

What are those Events? Spoil me.
The only one I encountered was Satan visiting the settlement and making all males love sick and all females mad jelly.

Found the scribe.
ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/002/616/047/c59d3e77445121cb50e82bd1ce3dd25b_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1411283358&auto=format&q=92&s=1e9c7ca1a214a0682a443cbfd944d38d

And yeah, props to Poots for not shipping something he wasn't 100% certain was good.

It kinda evens out with the chance for female deaths due to the frequency of engaging in Intimacy, since mothers die more often than fathers.

Image Related is the regeneration suit.
It serves as an underlayer for the Gorm Armour, it has no official model, only a pinup, which actually is included in the Gorm expansion.
It looks really comfy.

I got my girlfriend to play it in spite of her apprehensions by telling her that the Slenderman was in the game as an official expansion.

"user, that's a very specific situation," you might say, but it's more useful advice that you might think: while you probably do not have an autistic gf with a special interest that causes her to obsess over characters from internet creepypastas, you probably have friends in your gaming group that have other interests beyond tabletop games and being prudes about penises. There's a lot of stuff in this game that looks like its straight out of Dark Souls, and people fucking love Dark Souls. Play up how much the game looks and feels like Dark Souls when you aren't using the monsters with obvious genitalia and see where that takes you.

There's 100~ random events, I can't remember them all and I'm not about to go through them. Suffice to say there's multiple instances where having a cock will get you ded.

That's another reason why you play Harem Mode with a shit ton of woman to use as baby factories.

Men are more expendable, yes. Just don't go overboard.

Nightmare Ram armor 100%

user, is there more of this? This is golden.

What is the purpose of the Nightmare Ram having such a criminal booty?

One question, the armor sets make complete models, or are they just aditional bits to slap onto some generic survivors which you have justa a few of?

He does lots of squats.

Each armour set gives you 4 more survivors, 2 male and 2 female. Plus the armour and weapons to equip them.

There's some exceptions, for example the DBK only comes with 2 survivors. Phoenix comes with 2 extras in the "Intimacy Couple" and the Gorm comes with;
This pin up for free. In addition to the armour sets.

Just this one as far as I know.

That scribe sprue gives me phoenix assembly flashbacks with all those arms that make up the throne.

>Assembly guide to be posted online
sure it will poots

You can actually mix every armor piece with everything else.
Like for example give one dude rawhide boots, lion skirt, antelope helmet and so on.

Yea, 4 models for most of them, plus tons of extras.

Bummer. I always love a little dumb humor interspersed in my horrific nightmare realms. That brief moment of levity just makes the horrific reality all the more soul crushing.

Another exception is the Dragon King, with 2 additional "People of the Dragon" included, and I believe the Sunstalker has 2 additional "civilian" models as well.

>46 on the gambler's chest is the king.

>Assembly guide to be posted online
>sure it will poots
Lol he just directs people to Vibrant Lantern.

Poots is a bit of a goof.

Jesus fuck when will he post the next update

That WOULD explain why he cheated the roll, I guess.

>They Await the King... and must Await until the end of the KS.

Really though you'd think something worthy of cheating would be on 00 (or 01 I guess) and not something with a 3-count hit range. I'd bet it's something that augments another element that hasn't been revealed yet (Like a Ram Armor Kit before the ram was revealed)

That was exceptionally homosexual of him.
>$5 million pledged.
>Hasn't even revealed the stretch goals to $1 million.
>Changing rewards because of autism.
Once again, Poots is a bit of a goof.

Extra update is fine by me

Rolled 97 (1d100)

He rolled just a few minutes ago.

>Caring about the opinions of mouthbreathing normies

If you want to kickstart the game, kickstart the game. If your normie friends give you shit for it, tell them they won't be invited over to play.

In any case, you should get some friends with better fucking taste and consideration. If they're not willing to try a game you're legitimately excited about because they're afraid of being outed for playing le titty monster objectification game or if nothing will convince them it's not le titty monster objectification game then you need some better friends.

Man hunter, flower knight, lion knight. Solid expanses? The guy I'm buying my base game also has these, are they worth?

Where...?

How much are you paying

Still negotiating, was just curious if these expanses had cool stuff in them. The models look dope

He said it in his last post. Might be preparing the update right now.

If you pay more than 300 it's not worth it and I would just pledge to the KS.

Those are decent expansions though no DBK is whack.

Where is he posting? The KS comment section?

I hope it was 46 again.

Yeah kinda bummed no DBK, but hey beggars can't be choosers. So those 3 expanses have solid content then?

Ye, he rolled a half hour ago.

Yes. Use this link to track his posts, cause fuck that comments thread is goddamn cancer.

kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments

start a new group. I'm sure you can find people who like the game but are too poor to buy it to play with you.

How do I get my refund for Lantern Festival? Gonna put that money towards this kickstarter.

Flower knight is the most worth of the 3, the other two arent as good.

They're not bad, depends on the price.

Say goodbye to that money user.

>Roll made!
>inb4 like 5 more hours til update

Nah, like an hour or two.

Wow, thank you. That comment section is rough

you should have received an email from Adam around November 6th with the announcement of the Lantern Festival's cancellation. (It's Update #100 on the old kickstarter).

That same day you should have also received a Paypal backcharge for the $45 you payed for the expansion.

In the comment field was the following:

Hello Bakcer!! As one of the final steps to concluding the Kingdom Death Monster Kickstarter (2012-2013) we are issuing a refund for your Lantern Festival expansion add-on item. This is the final outstanding item of your pledge. Please follow the link below to PayPal to receive your refund (available for 30 days). We appreciate your unwavering support and thank you for making this dream a reality.

So if you haven't accepted it yet, there is still time. ;)

Anyone here played with 5-6 survivors long term? I played 2 years with variant and went back to normal.

#4 in games
#14 in everything

You should've gotten a mail about it weeks ago.

Pretty sure your stupid normalfag friends will have no problem with playing the most funded game on Kickstarter.

I got the #100 update mail saying it was cancelled but didn't get another mail after that. I have a paypal account that matches the e-mail of my kickstarter account and there is no money in there or any notification.

What happen?

>What happen?
How the fuck are we supposed to know.

Email Poots you idiot.

Contact support, I believe there's a link in the update. Something must have gone wrong.

Another option is that your spam filter ate it.
You can log in on your paypal account to check if there's a transaction waiting, it won't go through without your permission.

>What happen?
Fuck off twinpleb.

Nothing there. I fucking hate paypal and I haven't used this account in years. Who knows.

I've messaged support so hopefully they can help me. At least I can convert the none-existent lantern festival into the nightmare ram if I can get that refund.

Anons, may I please ask you to share whatever images of well painted KD miniatures you have? I'm in dire need of some inspiration. I'll share mine if nobody has anything to object to a little image dump.

Why not. These aren't mine but they sure look sweet

One image per post really sucks though, wtf is the new nip overlord doing.

>All that effort with a airbrush and they don't even bother making the leg flush or GS it.
I'm probably alone in thinking these are crap.

And here's my fucking favourite model ever

"Crap" is a pretty big word.

On the one hand, I really love the effect with the OSL on the otherwise dark minis, but at the same time, I can't help but feel that they're missing the opportunity to paint in more details.

I think there is something wrong with "The Hand" right arm, he doesn't have his right hand

I like this one, it looks like it's out from a late 80's horror movie.