Stat him Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7bOtOs1Q8c
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wick_(game_designer)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mary Sue Retard Who Can't Take a Joke 8

How is he a Mary Sue?

In every conceivable way? To be more precise, Mary Sue edgelord extraordinaire snowflake

I asked that Veeky Forums stat him not bitch about whether he's a Marty Stu or not

-1 dog

I'd argue that he's not a mary sue. Mary Sue's can't fail. The nightclub scene proved that he A) certainly doesn't possess plot armor, and B) whatever the kid's name is actually escapes.

Over the top? Yes. Edgelord? ...yeah probably. Infallible Special Snowflake? No.

Same here, I've watched the movie a couple times and his abilities while certainly a little over the top, are all very realistic and are certainly plausible if not outright possible for a man with military training.

Bad at designing L5R 10
Triggering GMs 8
Unapologetic 2

That makes no sense.

-1 d-
fuck

Thanks! As far as stats, he seems like a min-maxed DEX sort of guy with above average CON, and super low CHA and maybe below average INT.

I only sway the INT part due to all the times Willem Dafoe could have sniped his ass. Seriously, close the curtains...

And I asked you to stop being such a faggot cuck, but you clearly didn't deliver

Are you ok user?

Um... user, don't want to break it for you, but he does carry a substantial plot armour.
Remember how he's captured in the middle of the film? And the bad guy just talk with him instead instantly putting a bullet to his forehead, while being perfectly aware how fucking dangerous Wick is as his former emplyer.

Hive world ganger.
Enforces sale of flects.
Has two women to juggle.
Stub pistol runs out of bullets just two minutes before an apprentice moritat disembowels him from behind.

-1 wife
0 dog
+1 pointless sequel

That makes sense but i think maybe average or slightly above average int, he was rusty at first but not stupid, because i don't think anyone is supposed to kill on or directly adjacent to the Continental, so technically when you're there you're safe.

John Wick
Infantry (Character)
Ws5 BS8 S4 T4 W3 A3 LD10 Sv-
Weapons and Wargear: Autopistol, close combat weapon, autogun, sniper rifle, frag grenades.
Special rules: Move Through Cover, Fearless, Relentless, Feel No Pain (5+), Adamantium Will, The Boogeyman's Boogeyman, Supreme Focus.

The Boogyman's Boogeyman: John Wick is a walking nightmare of bullets and blood. John may never join another unit or be joined by an Independent Character. In addition, all of John Wick's shooting and close combat attacks automatically wound and ignore armour saves on a 6 to wound.

Supreme Focus: When John comes for you, there's nothing you can do. John has a 4++ invulnerable save. In addition, when making shooting or close combat attacks, each successful roll to hit generates additional rolls to hit. These subsequent rolls to hit generate more rolls, and so in and so forth until John either misses a roll to hit, or successfully hits a number of times equal to the number of models in the target unit. Finally, all of John Wick's shooting and Close Combat attacks are treated as precision shots/strikes, with a -2 penalty to Look Out Sir! Rolls.

I can see where you're coming from. I view the concept of plot armor more as a, "Survives point blank shot to the chest because the good luck charm given to the MC by the love interest blocked the bullet." sort of affair. But if you see plot armor more as people making an admittedly stupid decision regarding the MC, then you'd be right.

And you are right from that PoV, the BG should have capped him instantly. But he did leave with his henchman about to kill Wick for him, so that kinda cancels out in my opinion. Dafoe saving his ass right then seems more plot armor-y than the BG leaving after talking with him though.

I am making assumptions about how you view the concept.

>When John comes for you, there's nothing you can do. John has a 4++ invulnerable save.

"Four up is hardly 'nothing', chappy. The old Walther PPK will handle it."

What system did you use to make this?

Oh, if so...

The guy is stabbed in the kidney with a tulip. Then kicked and punched over the patched-up wound numerous times. He should end up hospitalised, not just taking few more painkillers and adding alcohol to those (liver would crack under the pressure, and damaged kidney wouldn't help either).

Plus it's still a plot armour when you are not capping people the moment you can. It's pretty much part of the basic premise of the plot armour.

I think you misunderstood the movie. Defoe was never trying to kill Wick, he was protecting him.

No man, they call that Made Of Iron, and anyway he wasn't stabbed in a vital area, the bottle missed any major organs.

Not him, but I think you miss the point he makes.

Wick is not protecing himself from sniper hits. Assuming anyone else than Defoe would be send after him, he's dead without even considering such trivial option like being sniper away.
Preferably while sleeping next to the panoramic window

Warhammer 40k.

Tried mixing a mortariat and a vindicare assassin and turning it up to 11 for MC plot armor.

that's the 40k statblock and special rules

Get the fuck out of Veeky Forums.

And you know exactly why you should get the fuck out, you fucking cunt.

Aside of that - since fucking when kidneys aren't vital nor being stabbed where they are is not hitting vital area, you fucking TV Trope mongoloid?

The kidneys are much higher up, mostly hidden by the ribcage. Where he got stabbed is probably vital, but it's not the kidneys.

Didn't he go to the Hotel Doc more than once though? Also never underestimate the liver lol.

Where do you get your definition for plot armor? Hubris may be the reason someone fails in decision making, but that is not a sudden change within the characterization of the BG. If the a character suddenly changes their modus operandi without well defined reason when they come into contact with the MC, that decision making I would consider plot armor. A Mob Boss leaving a guy well tied up for his goons to finish off? Na, he's been doing that shit for years.

You're right, he wasn't. But a significant portion of the movie did not have which way Dafoe would act revealed yet. Also other people with rifles.

He wasn't stabbed in the kidney, he was stabbed in the front in an area that does not have any vital to life sustainment organs, he wasn't even fully stabbed because his vest caught half of it so what is your problem?

Cool, and thanks.

That's a lot of salt there buddy, you ok? Dehydrated?

I'm a dumbass. I was thinking of the bottle scene. In the ending knife fight, it looks like he gets stabbed closer to the midline, where the stomach is.

I think you should open a fucking anatomy atlas, you stupid cunt.

>Trying to be smug
>While using TV Tropes as a reference
Typical...

Not him, but it's more about the shitty production than anything else.
When he's stabbed with the bottle, it's clearly in the kidney, where any sensible attacker would go anyway.
When the wound is dressed up, it's suddenly not only in front (while it should be on the side), but also much, much lower than the stabbing.

So depending on how script handles it, the wound either was intended as non-fatal from the start OR someone really needs an anatomy lesson. But one thing for sure - they shouldn't be making such fuck-huge continuity errors.

He isn't me.
this is me

>Implying I'm the same guy that posted.
>Calling others smug.

Not today shitdick!

Hey Satan, it makes perfect sense, you just need to spend more time on Veeky Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=v7bOtOs1Q8c

- All Black
- 1 Gun
- Bad Man

while i can appreciate the effort that song blows.

Doesn't possess plot armor? Are you fucking insane? He killed an entire CARTEL worth of gangsters in the span of few days, all by himself. That is as ridiculously mary sue as it can get.

And other than his invincible gun-fu and godlike endurance, as a character, John Wick has NOTHING going for him. NOTHING. No memorable quotes, no charisma, just a pathetic self-pitying cry-me-some-more-how-your-life-is-fucked-up story conveyed through a performance so dull that nobody could care about it. The whole movie is superficial, from his backstory to the "secret coin society".

If you want to know how an actually good action movie character looks like, go watch The Rundown or bing Die Hard 1-3 or some of the "classic" Van Damme/Scwarzenegger movie . John Wick has nothing positive going for it so fuck him and fuck his stats.

Op here seen all those movies, didn't think they were any better than John Wick, Except maybe Die Hard 1, The Rundown isn't really any better about character development it starts you off with a basic premise and doesn't really change the character throughout, but it was great entertainment. As for Die Hard McClane is a standard action hero who despite being a regular cop with no military background or otherwise, somehow manages to consistently take down criminals who would completely destroy him in the real world. John Wick is interesting not because we know a lot about him but because unlike most action heroes he has a motivation that is 100% relatable to kick off the story, revenge, not for the car but for the dog, or rather what the dog meant to him, the gift it was, from the wife he had just lost, yeah maybe he needs more development but for one movie so far it's fine, as for the mary sueness, it's not there because all of the gun-fu and endurance are, in fact, well within real-world possibilities, the style Wick uses is actually used by US Marines and I'm assuming Navy Seals.

You sound autistic, talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

There is also Lethal Weapon series, where it even becomes a plot point throughout the series how much beating Riggs took in the past and previous films.

Said that, I must admit John Wick is the closest thing in the past ten years I've got to half-decent action flick that is also self-aware about own shitness, so I'm lenient on it.

+1 sequel that is going to ruin everything

I'm predicting they are going to take the Taken path and turn a pretty decent action flick into a ridiculous, unfunny trilogy eating own tail by the end of it.

John "Baba Yaga" Wick
Solo

ATT 5, BOD 8, EMP 4, INT 9, LCK 5, MA 7, REF 10, TCH 7

Combat sense +10

Athletics +6, Awareness/Notice +8, Brawling +6, Martial Art (Sambo) +6, Melee +7, Pistols +9, Rifles +9, SMGs +7, Stealth +9

Driving +9, Intimidate +6, Look & Style +5, Social +4, Streetwise +7

Concealable body armor (SP 12), Heckler & Kock P30L with muzzle brake (WA+1, RNG 50, ROF 3, MAG 15, DMG 2d6+1, J, VR), Glock 26 (WA 0, RNG 50, ROF 2, MAG 9, DMG 2d6+1, P, VR), knife (DMG 1d6+2+BD).

Shadowrun?

Good assassin.
Bad game designer.

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Orc)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (+3 studded leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+4
Attack: Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18-20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18-20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +0, Will -2
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +1, Spot +1
Feats: Alertness
Environment: Temperate hills
Organization: Gang (2-4), squad (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader
of 3rd-6th level), or band (30-100 plus 150% noncombatants plus
1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and
3 7th-level captains)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0

>somebody kills your dog, steals your car and beats the shit out of you in your house
>joke

user, I really think you should talk to somebody, you know, professional.

It's Cyberpunk 2020, you bloody troll.

I was asking don't be a dick i'm not familiar with current or future tech rpg systems. which is why i asked Veeky Forums to stat John Wick.

yeah I totally agree with this. Die hard is a great movie but McClane is just a cop and really shouldn't be able to take out all those terrorists himself but that's the appeal. The whole point of these style of action movies is to give just enough character to feel for them and then you get to watch them do badass shit while caring just enough about their wellbeing to not be bored

I guess you never saw the first Die Hard movie then. Just like most people never actually saw the first Rocky and less and less people are able to recall first Rambo.

And the list goes on and on, but one thing is certain - McClane barely makes it through the Die Hard 1. He wasn't turned into a over-the-top badass you probably recall him as until the 2nd movie, while ever since the 4th one the series lost any pretense of him NOT being a Superman.

Bad GM

>really shouldn't be able to take out all those terrorists himself
He doesn't.
More than half of them are well and alive by the end. He kills grand total of 5 of them over the course of the story, while being so beat up by the end of the film he can barely walk, and not just because his feet are full of shards of glass.

You are probably thinking about Die Hard 2, where he literally mows down an infantry platoon. Or his nigh impossible survivability in Die Hard 3, including biting through steel-cord cable to get a piece for lockpicking.

>Die hard
>Those style of action movies
user, that's an unique film that has been badly copied and cloned ad nauseam, but the original is still fresh and unique.

You should watch it, rather than talking about it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wick_(game_designer)

Sounds like a pretty standard game of D20 modern. He juts got more levels from the previous adventures.

ah thank you for clarifying i didn't know there was a game designer named john wick.

What? Nothing going for him? In my opinion the movie has this bit of brilliance to it. John Wick is played by Keanu Reeves who, lets put it this way, has a limited range. His character is a shell of a human being, which is a perfect fit. John Wick never really characterizes himself, but he is constantly characterized by the way other people react to him.

Exactly

ST 12, DX 16, IQ 11, HT 12, Per 14, Will 14. Gunslinger, Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Luck (Ridiculous), Loner, Bloodlust, Reputation (Legendary Hitman). Guns-22, Stealth-18, Wrestling-18, Brawling-18, a ton of Techiniques from Gun-Fu and Tactical Shooting, Targeted Shooting on practically all hit locations up to max.

System?

N64.

GURPS. GURPS Action with Gun-Fu is practically created for shooter movies.

>I come from the abyss and whisper to you
>GURPS

Violence and crimes are considered funny by normies there's a difference between normie scum and normal well-adjusted self-confident people

Not him, but it's plain and obvious his point was about how Reeves is absolutely unable to express emotions on set, especially being happy or just simply laughing
I mean this guy is most famous for his wooden, expressionless acting, come on!

Now a real question: how would John Wick stand up against John Preston? Or any Grammaton Cleric, for that matter?

No contest, clerics take it. Half the shit in that movie they do for TRAINING would kill Wick. It's not even peak human, it's creeping into suprahuman

I thought he was pretty good in constantine

user, you're complaining about the writing in a movie with a plot that's basically "Keanu Reeves shoots 300 people right in the face"

John Wick's character is not at all important, he and everything else in the movie is just a catalyst for the action. Anything that's not a catalyst for the action is either the action itself or a little bit of flavor on top of the action.

This is like bitching about the plot in DOOM. You're missing the point

John Wick would win because he uses actual tactics instead of dancing around while he dual-wields pistols

If I still had my Spycraft classic books, he'd be a Wheelman with high DEX/CON and low WIS/CHA and a lot of combat feats.

Wick is entirely defined by his possessions and the fear/respect of everyone around him.

You forgot
>Blowhard 10
>Douchebag 12

there's a sequel? awesome!

>Sequel
>Awesome
How new you are to Hollywood?

To be fair, next to the original Die Hard, any action-movie in the world will pretty much look like a steaming pile of shit.
I'm not saying it definitely is the best action movie ever, but it is the crowning achievement of the late 80s to mid 90s action movie wave.
And it is fucking awesome.

Cough cough Lethal weapon cought cough

These threads always remind me that Veeky Forums has a very loose interpretation of what a Mary Sue is.

A Mary Sue is a self-insert power fantasy. John Wick is not that.

I can't believe my thread still hasn't been pruned, but yeah i gathered that Veeky Forums didn't have a clear definition of what a Mary Sue is.