Return to The Culling Edition

Old thread:
Links and Collections:
pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djyViSY332M
pastebin.com/AT1BGPnT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why come there's no meta CYOAs with a "avoid pvp" option?

There is in the Sartre one because you can do whatever you want in it.

There is no actual pvp in monster hunter.

What sort of lies ship will tell you to get you to remove your pants?

First page seems a bit small

DLC

I've got a great idea for a cyoa.

Other people end up gaining powers, abilities, etc. from some other cyoa... and you were left out. Fortunately, some nice extra dimensional dudes give you some power, but it's only a few scraps worth. Nothing that can move planets or make people juggle elephants, but just minor stuff.

In addition, you get to pick what type of cyoa was undertaken by others, get a small bonus from it, and a mission to complete with a possible reward at the end. I was also considering mentioning specific cyoas in it, but I'm still on the fence on it.

Thoughts?

Its just me and ship, why would I wear any pants to begin with?

Some user a few threads ago asked for ideas and the first response was "heal plz". Figured I'd expand on that user's answer and say a CYOA about managing/healing/dealing with waifus with various forms of mental illnesses (or just some psychological issue) might be interesting. Heal a broken waifu!

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def ++++++
>Agi +++
>Int +++++++++++++
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+3 Stat Points

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Fire
>Water
>Arcane
>Lightning
>Frost
>Blink
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>Bloodlust
>Binding
Weaponry
>Marksmanship
>Enchantment
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Kraken 60
>Dragon 110

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Forge 20
>Library 30
>Alchemy 40
>Market 50
>Healing 55
>Training 60
>Scavenging 65
>Diner 70
>Bar 75
>Hot Springs 80
>Low 100

Time to hunt some monsters with the power of magic! I will become the greatest elementalist and make the Master of the Hunt proud!

Sounds kind of awkward. I think the fact it acknowledges the others' powers came from a CYOA is a little goofy, unless it makes fun of the fact a ton of neckbeards turned into little girls suddenly.

I know the author asked for some submissions for a possible DLC DLC made by anons, but did he want people to write from the perspective of Humans or of the Ships? SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED.

Can you elaborate? It just sounds like yet another meta CYOA which I dislike because it screws the balance of a CYOA.

I will admit, it does sound kind of awkward, but who says I can't make it work? If possible, I'll try and put in the "Neckbeards turned into little girls" thing, assuming I don't forget, that is.

Posting the most up to date MH cyoa, because OP fucked up.

You have fairly minor powers and are thrust into the general or somewhat specific setting of various types of cyoas (from comfort and waifus to fantasy and power armor to god creators and pretty much anything that isn't meta cyoa.) Don't worry about it; it's not going to be a meta cyoa, rather it's own standalone thing.

I didn't mean that in a wholly serious way. I just meant that if it's self-aware as a CYOA, then you might as well make fun of the culture that tends to make itself present here. While there are some (fairly) unique CYOAs like Monster Hunter featured in OP, you also see a dozen "You are not X", whether it be twins, little girls, little twin girls, etc. I see some backlash and some like for these largely interchangeable CYOAs. I feel like the fact "The CYOAs came true" is the setting presents a nearly farcical scenario.

>presents a nearly farcical scenario.
>farcical

I have no idea what that word means, so I'll take it as both an insult and a complement until I figure it out.

So besides the obvious choice of powers, there'll also be a choice of CYOA setting? Finally, we'll be able to find out which CYOA has the best (most popular) setting!

A parody of the culture. Resembling a farce. It plays on the absurdity of a CYOA coming true/having any real world impact.

Pretty much. If you have suggestions for powers, I'll read them.

Thanks man.

>that pic
So is your plan for the culling to trade sex for protection, or to get gangraped?

Could be both. Maybe he wants a lot of protection.

None of that!

>barriers
>binding
>all kinds of elemental attack magic

My plan is to hide in a cave with lots of magical protection at the entrance and just lay low camping out for awhile. Plus by then maybe I'd already have a team of hunter friends to hang out with.

>Not wearing pants

I bet she'll tell you to clean up after yourself

I bet someone else wants to hide in your cave with magical protection.

Especially since I'm pretty sure that's Angel.

Previous build :
And

>Name
Captain Lance Murdock

>a few words about myself
I live for the thrill, the decadent pleasure of the unknown&foreign and the occasional comfort of the tried&trusty. I am an utter romantic. What I want is simple, I want everything. The cream at the top, the point of utter defeat and hopelessness(but always within safe boundaries and with the assurance I will bounce back), the comfy rape dungeon magical realm. To visit strange locales, sight see mysterious electrograph nebulae, plow alien 4 titty soil, enjoy their finest cuisine and culturally appropriate their lifestyle and traditions - only to casually discard them once the new flavor of the month comes in - . I can no longer have a sense of community, that was stripped from me when I was extracted from my world. So I might as well kick back and enjoy the show.

>Hab of Cripples
The bets would be an occasional thrill but such a seedy place is the most likely to have exotic Spanish Andromeda Fly extract for sale.

I'll eke a living out of the occasional star collection and Ship scout/rescue oddjobs. The big gigs however will be confirming Xeno life in distant planets and compiling firsthand reports, plus a Xeno-English dictionary 1st edition - by which I mean we'll be mostly abducting and mind probing random aylamaos to figure out their language, if any-.

>Oddities of Interest
Recording some sicc loops in the Grav world would bring some notoriety and sponsorship cash.

Painted sun and Ancient war would be nice distractions in this meaningless uncaring universe. I'll avoid Earth, lest
youtube.com/watch?v=djyViSY332M
starts playing.

I prefer the digital rather than the physical feel of the book, sue me. I would rather read lying down than sitting straight. Fresh will be one of my first big official assignments, given my unique capabilities.

>Xenos
-Tunnels
REQUEST EXTERMINATUS
-Living World
Might be worth to keep an eye on this, for the possible outbreak of sapient life and the very unique experience of living in a moving planet.

>DANGERDANGER
-Rogue Ships&Mad AI
They may be cut from different cloth but ultimatelly they are the same threat. Formidable hostiles. First response is to keep my distance, report their current location and trajectory to the proper authorities so they can dispatch small fleets to hunt them down like the rabid beasts they are. Only if I have my back to the metaphorical wall would I engage in a dogfight.

-The Union
I suppose whoever discovers/introduces life has unique jurisdiction over their fate. Not really interested in politics, but maybe I could terraform distant planets ala Spore and introduce a geneseed to create frontier communities, cockblocking the Union. But only if there's dosh involved.

-Sun Eaters
Like Millipide, but in Space!

So the inspiration for the finished Monster Hunter was the Daedric Lord Hircine from ES, right? Seems like the Culling is pretty much the Wild Hunt.

An incredibly durable magic luggage that walks and has a nasty temper. The ability to sense hostile intent. The ability to hide in someone's shadow for a period of time. Or perhaps a friendly creature lives in your shadow which might occasionally help you. Hands that can liquefy and subsequently harden inorganic matter to craft. An ability to place the mind in something else temporarily in order to explore.

>Those suggestions.

Okay, that was more creative than anything I've thought of so far. Thanks, will probably incorporate at least two of them.

I look forward to thrusting my sword into your magical cave, penetrating all your protection and making you scream for mercy.

>The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time

Hah. Protection. I get it.

she wants to attract men, and then feel justified in torturing them if she succeeds.

Class:
>Hunter

Blessing:
>High Monster soul (Dragon)
I know I know it is a waste long term but most hunters die in their first year.

Skills:20
>One with nature (-1)
>Bloodlust (-1)
>Poisons (-1)
>Monster within (-1)
>Hybrid (-1)
>Killer instinct (-1)
>Incarnation (-3)
>All non final physical abilities(-9)
>Indomitable (-1)
>Blessed (-1)

Stats:
>str:xxxxxx
>def: xxxxx
>agl:xxxxxx
>Int:x
>skl:xxxx

Terrain:
>Volcanic + Molten (+65)
>Mountain + Ancient (+50)

Favor 115
>Age, Beauty, Gender (-15) (Be the hot girl)
>Library (-10)
>Alchemy (-10)
>Market (-10)
>Healing (-5)
>Training (-5)
>Scavenging (-5)
>Club (-5)
>Bounty (-5)
>Gambling (-5) (gonna bet on my living)
>Underground (-5)
>Bar (-5)

35 favor left for reparations, money, etc.

My plan is pretty simple. Be a dragon whenever I hunt, build as many contacts as I can, make money, and get more powerful by any means necessary.

As for the culling my main defense will be staying in draconic form indefinitely and flying to a secluded spot. Be warned that anyone I did not prior agree to spend the culling with will be eaten.

Wouldn't staying in dragon form make you vulnerable to other dragon hunters?

Hi. I have a build that would love to come visit your little cave. I promise I wont rapemurder you too much

Class: Hunter
Blessing: +1 Skill point
21pts to spend

Physical 9
>Tier 1: Martial Arts
>Tier 2: Flurry
>Tier 2: Willpower
>Tier 4: Overdrive
>Tier 4: Nullification

Spiritual 5
>Tier 1: One with Nature
>Tier 2: Monster Within
>Tier 2: Binding
>Tier 3: Fleet-Footed
>Tier 3: Killer Instinct

Weaponry 6
>Tier 1: Marksmanship
>Tier 2: Ancient Weapon
>Tier 3: Charge up
>Tier 4: Skull Weaponry

Ethereal 1
>Tier 1: Indomitable

A ranged magebane. I'll be there when you fight, I'll be there when you eat, I'll be there when you sleep, skulking in the shadows, waiting for the best oppurtunity to strike.

Final Stats:
>STR: ■■■■■■■■
>DEF: ■■■
>AGI: ■■■■■■■■■■■
>INT: ■■
>SKL: ■■■■■

Terrains: (125)
>Underground Desert,
>Twilight Volcano

Seems like the most interesting terrains. D2 Act2-esque desert, and a volcanic infused with arcane energy. Act 4 anyone?

Persona
>Physiology, Gender, Age, Beauty
Being someone who freely indulges the darker passions in life, the Master of the Hunt changed my body to match my mind, a half-demonic creature. To fit my new role, my physical body were also adapted, with age and looks and a feminine penis

Resources
>Provisions: Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market
>Services: Healing, Training, Scavenging
>Hangout: Club, Bounty, Gambling, Underground
>Luxury: Bar, Hot Springs
>Accommodation: Low

>Notes on resources and tactics:
The Library and Training will be helpful in boosting my combat capabilities, learning new techniques or information about the terrains I've chosen but it is in the hangouts that I've decided to make my living. The Club will no doubt be helpful in forming a party with people with similar terrain, but maybe most important.. scout out the rookies in preparation for the Culling, learning their strengths, weaknesses, friends and vulnerabilities. In Bounty, I can recieve money to assassinate someone, a task well suited for my skillset. In Gambling I can well, gamble, aswell as recieve information about the rookies from the bets being made. Underground and Market will be helpful for selling off the loot I take from my bounties or fellow Hunters during the culling, while Bar (and Underground too) will help me get to know the more unsavoury elements of the Hunting world. The rest is mostly just quality of life purchases. My own lodging, healing, scavenging, a warm bath etc.

During Culling, my strategy is fairly straight forward and simple. Skulk around in the shadows and look for prey, laying out traps both physical and magical ones in high-traffic areas during the night, which is when I'll be most active. Searching out campsites made by unwary Hunters, whether they be in caves or high in the treetops, I'll find them using Killer Instinct. I'm unlikely to engage several Hunters at once, and when I do, I'll go for the magic users. With their magic nullified and their frail bodies protected by little more than cloth (and hopefully trapped in one of my traps), using Overdrive and Flurry is really a bit of overkill, but it should do the trick. Ancient Weapon + Skull Weaponry ensures that the bow I use will be real stronk and pack a lot of punch. I dont plan on letting anyone get close to me.

So for Adventures in the Orient, I'm guessing I shouldn't include PvP?

I was originally going to have no companions and have people work together to perform the missions but I'm guessing that isn't something people would want?

Please include PvP in some capacity. Dont let the anti-Culling fags ruin things for the rest of us.

Well there are inevitably some groups of incarnate hunters out there. If I can I will try and hook up with them to form a flock of dragons. Who in their right mind would fight that.

A big issue is the other two souls I manage to bring with me. I am hoping to get a hydra soul due to their excellent regen and aquatic nature (meaning I could hide in the water) I am less committed to my third soul but am leaning towered phoenix for obvious reasons.

>feminine penis
So completely useless and broken from the hormones? How sad

I see rape Angel builds have not gone out of fashion.

Given the style of your cyoas it would probably be a detriment. They are more story based and we have a role to play. PVP could get in the way of that, or even force people to choose between the two.

Feminine=/=broken, and it wasnt a slow transition with hormones and sheit, it was an instant transformation by a deity. Secondly, If this deity cant make the equipment he created work he's not much of a deity. Thirdly, all half-demons have penises that work awesomely. Thats just common knowledge.

Truth be told I was in the process of making it already when she posted hers. I just saw many builds relying heavily on magic, with few builds at all using nullification to counter it. That it'll work great against her is just a bonus.

nullification really is bad news for mages in the culling. I think most magic builds should buy the exemption personally.

I've started work on the second page of the TG order form CYOA

>wearing pants

>wearing underwear, let alone pants

>Spoiler
Ah shit nigger.

>spoiler

>CYOAnons
>working together

Yeah nah. Get ready for 'nothing persimmonel, kid' builds all over the place. btw....
*unsheathes katana and teleports behund u*

u left ur guard down.

*does a bajillion backflips to duge you attacks and slices you with wun blow, impressing my crush emma watson who just happens to be watching*

Train herder.

Though since not even the anti-Culling fags seem to buy exemption , I'm projecting a glorious culling.

No matter what anyone else says, CYOAs with PvP will ALWAYS turn into a shitstorm.

Name 1 (one) CYOA with PvP in it that stayed civil without anyone RPing someone high off their own shit.

OH SHIT Go put some pants on

PRISON CONDUITS

We need more party building CYOAs. Oh wait, those are just TTRPGS.

It's Choose Your Own Adventure.
Not Choose Our Adventure Together.
Huh.

COAT. Neat.

People are vastly overestimating the power of nullification. A mage with blink can easily just run away until nullification ends.

looking forward to it

>blink
>nullificated
pick one

blink is magic and nullification nullifies the spell when cast

Nullify is "close proximity" aka melee range. Nullify is meant to protect the warrior, not open a giant domain in which nobody can use magic.

>Nullify is "close proximity" aka melee range
Pretty sure thats just your interpretation of it. Noone is arguing that the effect is miles wide, but the difference between 2m and 20 m is enormous.

>tfw you betray your companions for profit and become a turnCOAT

Why not just take detect magic?

Detect magic allows you to track,counter and dispel magical effects at a distance.

Think disspelling a trapped chest, not a fucking meteor some mage is about to drop on you.

I agree that 20m would be a big difference, but 20m isn't a "close" distance with a sword. "Close proximity" is the size of personal space, there arent very many ways to describe shorter distances than "close". Its certainly not the size of spellcasting range or bow range, etc.

This, again, seems like interpretation, but it sounds like DM lets you SEE the magic, which is naturally helpful for dispelling magic, but I don't think the skill itself grants dispell. It presumably only grants detection. Likewise, if you know the spell your opponent is casting (via DM), you can then counter it using other magics.

Detect magic can counter spells user.

Not as I understand the text. It gives you arcane eyes that allows you to see magic and traces of it. "for tracking, countering and dispelling" are mentioned as possible uses of it, unless Bliss wants to rephrase it. Like traps from Binding could be seen from Detect Magic, but its powerless against a shard of ice flying at you.

Sure, whatever, but don't expect to just wave your hand and magically make it go away.

*Jedi wave* "This is not the target you are looking for"
*fireball veers off into the distance*

Great, not you're just playing Pong with the mage.

And this is why PvP in CYOAs is a minefield. The spell descriptions have to be really short and pretty vague--it's not exactly a tabletop. And the players more inclined to overreach mechanically are probably going to be the most...aggressive PvPers, which can lead weird places. CYOAs really shouldn't need DM intervention and arbitration...

"Close proximity" depends widely on context, just like "point blank". For a handgun point blank might mean 2-5 meters, but for a howitzer its like 1 km. Close proximity in naval terms is measured in miles. Firing a bow at a target 20m away is close proximity compared to its maximum distance of 2-300 meters.

In fairness though, cyoas can be revised. Vague terms that totally suck can be revised to concretee ones like "2m", while preserving brevity.

I posted this over on /d/, but was then told to put it over here. I guess for maximum possible SLanon visibility.

Anyway, a few suggestions I had for slut life after playing the latest version.

pastebin.com/AT1BGPnT

Another suggestion:
The bitch suit is incompatible with all of the suboptions for "sleep in bondage" without any real rationale behind it. Like a bitch could not sleep in a cage or thrown into a pit of tentacles for the night if a bitch suit is worn?

I agree, but given that the "close proximity" trait is inside of the hand-to-hand/melee weaponry tree, we should obviously be talking in terms of melee "close proximity".
... And the only bows shooting 2-300m are heavy longbows, which is not a pvp or hunting weapon.

>Tentacle Pussies/Tentacle
I don't think that's how tentacles work user. Which is why vines with bulbous flowers are used for that weird magical realm.

CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOS

user its in the Physical tree, and given that you're just ASSuming shit, its not at all obvious that nullification would only work within bitchslapping distance. Besides, if it was intended to complement a melee warrior, why would it give him zero protection until he is already within striking distance?

The problem with SL is that the author nerfed a lot of options because "lol I added a few new sources of points so I'll nerf the existing ones in exchange even if you don't like the new options" and proceeded with it despite feedback opposing it.

What CYOAs let me become a Dinosaur man?

Traveller.

But it DOES give him protection. No magical attack can strike him because it fizzles once it gets close. Nullification enables him to run into range without being gunned down. Nullification is meant to protect the warrior, not make his foes utterly useless. Hence why it builds off of Willpower, which grants pain tolerance.

Shhh, there are no problems with SL. It gives massive piles of points that let you life a life of luxury easily in exchange for a few temporary drawbacks.

Everyone that includes physical reconstruction in the options? Traveller, MH, basically all the scifi ones..

None, there was a race for both of us to strip out of our clothes after she showed me around and finally brought me to the bridge.

I basically spend a fair amount of time lounging together with her on the comfiest chair ever, with neither of us wearing much of anything as we wander through space. I wear boxers, she wears lingerie or nothing, depending on her mood.

Pants don't really figure in unless we're wandering my living area, doing minor maintenance together, or working on the food stocks together with her.

That makes little sense though. It nullifies and deteriorates magic. If I conjure a shard of ice, it would nullify the conjuring, but if I've already launched the shard at my foe, then would Nullification automagically also remove all the kinetic energy from what is now a physical object coming at you in break-neck speeds despite nothing of the sort being mentioned in the text?

HYPE

The shard of ice would just melt instantly. It would be as if you never launched the shard at all.

My last playthrough of slut life, I started with -150 points and ended with +466. I think I've reached fetish saturation to where lewd cyoas can't give me difficult choices anymore, they're just there to let me revel in the deviancy I'll never be able to tell a significant other.

Slut life is great for that, because it's the most comprehensive one out there. But it could be even more comprehensive!

You conjured the water for the icicle, nullification would banish said water back to whence it came.

Now, you may wonder: "Whats to stop me from using magic to accelerate a pebble I picked up" To which the answer is: nothing. How should that be any difference than a 15 STR warrior throwing the pebble at high speed? Nullification nullifying any magic effects like magical fire and lightning is plenty strong, expecting a 3 point skill to entirely defeat a whole skill tree is just silly.