Make up some World Lore

Hey tg, make up some lore, factions and stories just from looking at the map I made.

>Inb4 inkarnate

Other urls found in this thread:

inkarnate.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How did you make that map? Program or complete freehand

Looks like its a spliced together map made in Inkarnate.

he used this website inkarnate.com/

First off, think up some better names, most of these are cribbed, and from obvious sources. Here goes.

>Balmoral acts as a trading hub for most of the region, but is currently under the stranglehold of the Fell Masters of Tavross. In the past, goods from afar would travel on inlets into Balmoral on their way to as far as Woodhurst and Orilon, but now that the Fell Masters have taken control, things are different. Exorbitant tariffs and taxes have bleed the outlying cities dry, and only a handful of Merchant Princes hold any real power that Tavross allows. The Sages of Orilon foretell that Tavross won't be able to hold Balmoral's trade routes forever, but with the nearby serfdoms of Malokai and Goldcrest fueling their burgeoning dreams of Empire, it seems like just another false prophecy.

Pretty bad city placements.
They're all far from stuff.
Cities are usually in/near mountains with a river
Or by large rivers/lakes and seas.

You should name cities by things that exist or mythological stuff. (unless you're the uk with evolved names from a thousand years ago that we now have no idea what they could possibly mean.)

like southwold
who the fuck would build a city there.
I assume the three building icons are towns.
So Southwold should be a large town, but the place it's locared is in nowhere, it's like 100km away from the mountain.

Unless this is a tiny land.

Emberton and Umberton get angry at people commonly mixing up their names.

>Kravenloft
>Everton, Emberton and Umberton
>Caesarbyn
>being so lazy you can't worldbuild on your own and expect some autists on a Nepalese macrame board to do it for you
Also I had a hearty kek at Balmoral, there's a suburb here in Australia called that.

>Dallie

This port city is ruled by a wealthy noble family with ties to the main royal houses in the mainland. The people of Dallie have their own accent that is more soft and round compared to the rest of the mainland, which sometimes makes it hard to understand them.

The main export of Dallie is the Moorecrow clam, a species of giant clam that must be handled with care to be able to open, since it is said that their shell is unbreakable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral
well, if you shit on someones homebrew, at least drop your pants beforehand, kiddo

Ha, that's funny

Real place names on fantasy maps really rustles my jimmies.

At least put Southwold by the sea, for god's sake.

>The sinkhole was caused by a tarrasque waking up from a 1000 year sleep,

Nice idea,

That frosty southern sector was home to a bunch of reclusive mages who were trying to open a portal to the world of their dreams. However, they accidentally opened a portal to some dark realm instead and now they are all undead. Most succumbed to undeath and became mindless but there is an elite that retained their magic. They're mostly slaves to their dark impulses but a few rebel against the nature that was inflicted on them and seek refuge from both mainlanders and other undead in Seagrad, a trading community with strict nonaggression policies. Since the undead wizard people are good at magic, they provide valuable services there that can be exchanged for enough coin to allow them to remain there.

The little grassy islands to the right were enchanted by a jealous (now undead) lover from Kromwall whose wife retreated to Kazak to be with another man. He used his big awesome powers to slow time on the islands so that they're out of sync with the rest of the world. Because he is immortal now, he wants his wife to be alive forever so he can observe her and shit. Anyone who enters the islands succumbs to the time effects and sees the world passing by them really fast.

The mainland is just standard medieval shit with warring factions, strong and conflicting religious influences, dwarves and elves and whatever.

The Sink Hole is actually the nicest place to live.

It looks pretty swampy and tropical, probably a lot of exotic monsters there.

>tfw OP posts my map from Inkarnate in a thread
>has people start worldbuilding for me

Question OP, did you take that from Reddit when I was asking how to fix the shitty map deterioration? Or from the one time I posted it in a map thread on Veeky Forums?

Pic related: original drawing i made of the map then made transparent to transfer to inkarnate. scanned the paper onto my comp. OP image is the only Kingdom I've started working on.

>Kravenloft

Posting up a follow up image to this to validate my claims even further.

Going to hijack the thread now since I was planning on world building today. But looks like I'll build on Teldrasa itself.

Also to all the people mentioning place names. Most of them were taken from town generators online. The only names that I actually thought of myself were about 10 of them in Luskwood which is most of this foresty southern region in pic related.

Happy to change names from those who say are in real life. And happy to take advice on moving towns and what not to more suitable reasons if you guys are willing to help me. And the occasional other village I named for people's backstory in my homebrew.

>First off, think up some better names, most of these are cribbed, and from obvious sources. Here goes.
Will work on it, please let me know which names are the crappy ones. Also I like your idea.

Happy to take advice. And you are correct Southwold is a large town. However it is one of the smallest kingdoms/countries in my homebrew.

kek

>being so lazy you can't worldbuild on your own and expect some autists on a Nepalese macrame board to do it for you
I didn't start the thread so thats something.

The main export of Dallie is the Moorecrow clam, a species of giant clam that must be handled with care to be able to open, since it is said that their shell is unbreakable.
I like it.

I was having the southern region Silver Reach to have some undead influence. Have them religious haters of undead.

Khul is the small island to the east. Haven't really thought too much about it, aside from people originating from another kingdom and kinda taking it for their own.

>people in Rime are really into butt stuff
>like REALLY into butt stuff
>it's kind of creepy actually.

>the map I made

>actual creator shows up with images proving it

Why the fuck did you lie, OP? You could have just said, "Hey, guiz, let's make up some totally rad lore for this dank map I found online~1!!! xD" and I probably would have a higher opinion of you than I do now.

>like southwold
Looking back at my original map before I decided to go and make a much larger map. It reminded me that Southwold was to be a region rather than an actual place. I think I just stuck the large town there simply because I forgot I converted Southwold the city to Irinor the city. Will probably remove it, or replace it with a village or a small town.

>The Sink Hole is actually the nicest place to live.
This is the one area that I have done some thinking into. The Sink Hole itself is a very large prison complex built over the big lake/sink hole thing. Where people are executed by being drowned from the piers inside the prison complex. Weights tied to their feet, nooses around their neck attached to the piers.

The area itself is called The Dead Mire. Thousands of years ago or some shit this whole area used to be filled with 'Mire Elves?' and had quite a bit of Feywild influence. So it used to be a fabulous place to live.

Still haven't decided, but I think the Shadowfell managed to leak through and shit the whole place up. Elf civilizations got fucked up and turned into ruins. Not sure what happened to elves yet, either extinct, mutated, drows? Yuan-ti, or few in numbers.

Haven't completely thought it out yet. But I wanted some sunken elvish civilizations for my party in my homebrew to be able to explore.

>It looks pretty swampy and tropical, probably a lot of exotic monsters there.
Nailed it. Lots of exotic ass creatures not around other places. And some particularly nasty regular ones like Mire Crocodiles/Alligators and Prehistotic-saber-tooth tiger type things, and some homebrew creatures.

Also due to the nature of that place its one of the few places undead tend to appear. Lots of undead that like to just lie under swamp water and rape people as they walk by. Also two different Lizard Folk tribes in that area that used to worship the Mire Serpent, Erinox that was around during the settling of Teldrasa.

>Shadowfell
>Feywild

Neat, so a 4E game? How long have you been running in the world?

>Neat, so a 4E game? How long have you been running in the world?
Running 5E. But just adapted the Feywild and Shadowfell to my setting since I loved the idea.

Honestly haven't been running long. I'm fairly new to tabletops. Only been running games with family so far.

>Ran first campaign last year for one brother as I started getting the ropes.
>Eventually roped elder brother into D&D part way through second campaign.
Interestingly he got me into tabletops inadvertently since I caught him browsing Veeky Forums and wondered what that was.
>Then roped another elder brother in
>Then roped my Father in
Just finished Act 2 of a Campaign in this setting. Been running in this particular world for about 6 months with a proper party of four.

>Looking back at my original map before I decided to go and make a much larger map. It reminded me that Southwold was to be a region rather than an actual place. I think I just stuck the large town there simply because I forgot I converted Southwold the city to Irinor the city. Will probably remove it, or replace it with a village or a small town.

>Looking back at my original map before I decided to go and make a much larger map. It reminded me that Southwold was to be a region rather than an actual place. I think I just stuck the large town there simply because I forgot I converted Southwold the city to Irinor the city. Will probably remove it, or replace it with a village or a small town.
Meant to point out this map which was my original Teldrasa before I expanded into a much more World Buildy mood.

Bhagreed's Bulwark is the result of a fever dream mistakenly taken to be prophetic. It serves no defensive purpose, never has, and likely never will.

It is also much less impressive than the map would make it seem.