MANY MAGIC THE GATHERING PLAYERS ASK THE QUESTION

MANY MAGIC THE GATHERING PLAYERS ASK THE QUESTION

>Why is OP such a faggot?

Are these fake or real leaks?

Just found these two photos on facebook

>Trinket Mage

What do you think?

Prob fake. I just looked that some of the cards didn't even have the foil logo at the bottom. And they are way to boosted as for the cards wotc has been printing lately

Is Chandra, Torch of Defiance too op???

Alpha Investments >>> TCC

Way boosted is better for casual, which is a market that Wizards is losing. They need to attract players again.

what's so bad about this guy?

>Why is TCC the best magic channel ?

Suddenly became hugely popular out of nowhere for no discernible reason because his stuff is pretty bland.
That's about as much as I've been able to gather. He's not a very objectionable guy.

He's inoffensive enough that people don't hate him, so when retards on the internet form a cult around him there's no one to fight back.

>He's inoffensive enough that people don't hate him
>implying it's a bad thing
I get what you're saying though, the guy isn't bad and it's not really that good either

so it's just a case of cancerous fandom, which can be ignored, then?

It's more of a case of cancerous hatedom
TCC's fans are pretty quiet

I don't even know if we can call it that. You have to go looking for his fandom, they tend to stick to his videos. I assume they also turn up on Reddit, but I haven't taken the time to look for them there.
I also forgot to mention that WotC seems to like him a lot. I find that funny considering how often he wags his finger at them.

>literally who

Seriously, who is this guy? From the pic, he looks like one of those smug cunts who touts about dressing classy while just looking frumpy.

He's a """""""""""professor"""""""""""""

while he does seem to criticize WotC, it all seems like constructive criticism to me. like I just watched his most recent video about standard/event promos and he's not wrong in saying that adding more incentive to attend events for free shit also adds incentive to keep buying the products.

He played Magic a long time ago.
Then he sold his stuff.
Then he got back in and started making videos.
At some point his videos took off in a hard way.
It is a mystery.

I actually hate him, I used to like his stuff for the reasons you stated, he was passionate and but inoffensive. HOWEVER, those Cunt Female MTG podcasters joined up with him and those fucks keep trying to start a Gamer Gate like issue in mtg. I really hate the direction that game has gone, I play mtg for that brief escape from the real world issues. I lost so many close friends to the SJW bullshit and lost my best friend of 13 years to the trans mental illness. When I play mtg or read the lore it's because I want to take a break from the real world. Now WotC is working hard to throw fucking gender and race identity politics into my fantasy card game. And fucks like the professor is not helping.

>INTERNETEXPLORER

I know how you feel. If I wanted to see the gender/race/identity political bullshit, I would put on the news or go outside. I don't need that shit in my games that take a break of this shit. Why do they need to push for a strong female character, when there's plenty of strong female characters right in front of their eyes. It's fucking ridiculous, and in the end run it's going to bite them in the ass. I don't know how, but this is going to hurt them more then they think.

I agree, it's asinine to make Pale white Chandra now 50% Indian in world were there are only two white men, her dad and the guy that killed her dad. If you wanted diversity, just have Saheeli join the group I am cool with that. But changing characters we have know for 10 years is just catering to SJW's. I feel that between this, the neglect of modern, all of mtgo problems, and the heartstone like transformation of Standard will kill the game.

Modern is a cancer that needs to die. Just like Extended.

>trying to start a Gamer Gate like issue in mtg
I've never seen a single one of their podcasts. What sort of nonissue are they trying to make an issue?

>make a cool new race
>first thing they tried to push "They are non-binary!"

>make a cool new race that can't have a gender because of how they're formed
>muh SJWs ruining Magic
Actually, let's boil that down some more, this isn't dumb enough.
>introduce a thing that has literally zero impact on the game
>this is indicative of the end times of Magic

>Magic needs more women
>Magic needs to be more inclusive
>Sexy Playmats should be banned
>Making someone feel uncomfortable is a DQ rule in a tournament
>Magic needs more women employees
>Magic needs more LGBTBBQ, fat, and disabled cards
>Said cards need to be made by people of color.

The long short is that they don't make much money thru patreon with their current skills so lets try to get that SJW money that everyone else in nerd culture is making.

This.
Anyone complaining about SJW "ruining muh game" needs to shut the fuck up. There are plenty of things in Magic's lore to complain about them. This is not one of them.

better, mtg does not need fucking republican white nerds, go fuck yourselves faggots, we will enjoy the lesbian SJW ride. kys asap pls

>arguing with yourself in an attempt to fish for more replies
Come on, you can do better than that. Apply yourself.

>kys asap pls
I take it you're a retard who can't spell properly. If you're going to ask me to kill myself, then actually spell the words instead of moonrunes, you daft piece of shit. Imbeciles such as yourself should apologize to the public and then kill yourself because you bring shame to your family.

Found the cuck, enjoy playing your card games with women that will never fuck you.

The artwork was actually in a recent magic story

I stopped reading the lore because the writing became downright atrocious in BFZ
The story about the transboy grandmakin was pretty alright

U mad that wizards panders to me now? they know stink fatguys that don't shower, masturbate to pictures of waifus and lives with his mother are not their target public anymore. or maybe you don't want women i your manchild hobby because then you remind that the only woman that let you touch her is your mommy.don't worry, your mother still will give you the money to buy your cards tho, manchild.

>Republican nerd sperg
>Thinks he does not shame his own family.
NIce meme faggot

>NIce meme faggot
"Nice meme, faggot" is what you are looking for. Secondly, you must be a child that suffers from FAS if you think that everyone you're talking to is American. Please, do this world a favor and suck on a loaded shotgun barrel before pulling the trigger.

Question, 3 or 5?

>I lost so many close friends to the SJW bullshit and lost my best friend of 13 years to the trans mental illness.

Maybe it's not the SJWs that are so much the problem here but your reaction to them.

>made on imgur
Fuck off SJW, no one wants to join your cult anymore.

SJW's are a blight that destroys the work of actual activists and makes some people question the validity of actual cases of discrimination and sexual violence

Since goobergate I literally never see anyone complain about SJWs or spout SJW rhetoric except on Veeky Forums. I don't use Tumblr or reddit either so the only excuse I can see for the SJW "menace" to still exist is your infatuation with your own hatred

Maybe you only go to Veeky Forums then.

>INTERNETEXPLORER
Not that guy, but I think it's the default for a Windows phone.

I mean, there's no excuse for not getting a better browser, but that's probably the reason.

But there is no cancerous fandom. It's just a guy who's mildly entertaining making videos that are what they say they are. The guy is a bit of a scrub when it comes to the game, but there's nothing to hate, and nothing to really fanboy over.

>MANY MAGIC THE GATHERING PLAYERS ASK THE QUESTION
, WHAT DO BREASTS FEEL LIKE?

they've got their own though

>Those Cunt Female MTG podcasters joined up with him and those fucks keep trying to start a Gamer Gate like issue in mtg.
Agreed. The professor himself isn't that bad, and he does good reviews. Shit like the office hours with the cosplayers I have no opinion on. I don't care for it myself, but I wouldn't call it bad content.
But the podcast bullshit with the two cunts is just wearing down on the channel.

Eh... I wish they had just said they were Agender, because they don't have a binary gender to even not adhere to. Which I totally don't mind at all, but by calling them non-binary they are really pandering.

I'm a female visible minority - sorry, I wanted to tick all the boxes for you but I'm not a jew, male in a female body, and I've only teasingly or innocently kissed girls - and the shit that people complain about as "social wrongs" blow my fucking mind.

I mean I don't blow a gasket at non-binary genders in a game that has run the gamut of sci-fi and fantasy, but it is definitely an eye-roll in the context of the way things have been going. But the elevation of some of these issues to the level of social morality is incredibly harmful in light of actual social evils in the world that are 100% alive and going strong, today, and in plain sight.

People want to sell cards, and magazines, and media impressions. I get it. And as long as people buy into this shit in a measurable, it will be an economically supported belief that this kind of mindless and derogatory pandering is a good business move. It's just funny in a sick sort of way that you have to take a risky moral stand now to make good games from a genuine place, and that it's the supposed moral guardians that make it risky.

But the idea that only white male nerds - who want to hurt or discredit important social movements and return to "glory days" of the old status quo - see the damage and stupidity of the overreach of SJW imperatives... that idea is demonstrably without substance.

HOW CAN MY VOICE BE SO FUCKING ANNOYING
WELL, IT'S EASY WHEN YOU SAY EVERYTHING LIKE A SNOOTY ASSHOLE

It's a good thing the time of the tumblr is numberred to exactly 52 days

President Trump

can i have a booster box?

nothing, people just like to hate popular things. half the people here will also tell you desolator magic is good

>unary
>trinary
>nonary
All of these are examples of non binary number systems. The term is completely accurate.
Really look deep inside and ask yourself: are you just looking for things to take issue with?

I hate that the Professor is defending those girls even though they have been shitters.

He was better as just a voice that did reviews of products.

This. I mean I don't love him, but he hasn't really done anything worthy of hating unless you count being cringy.

Still isn't anywhere near as cringy as half of Veeky Forums

nah, aside from EDH modern is the best format simply because no rotation. wizards just needs to reprint the shit out of everything over 30 bucks in modern

>>Magic needs more women
magic already has a shit ton of women in their products, in fact i think magic products are the most women friendly throughout the ages than anything else ive ever been into. its the player base that drives women players away and honestly its not even that bad compared to anything else. mostly just a small group of assholes who give a shit about this
>>Magic needs to be more inclusive
there is literally nothing wrong with this as long as they do not go making random characters gaggot or nigger or whatever for no reason, just make new characters for that. if your talking about player then i can image anything i would care less about, more players isnt bad
>>Sexy Playmats should be banned
this is dumb although i would not care if it were to happen. my one argument for it is that game stores are supposed to be kid friendly and i just dont think thats something people should be allowed to make children have to be around. should be a per store policy i guess, pro magic can enforce it in its own way because fuck pro magic and no one should give it the time of day
>>Making someone feel uncomfortable is a DQ rule in a tournament
this should be a case by case thing. you cant just be a massive fucking asshole or threaten someone or shit like that without consequences but what is considered making someone uncomfortable seems like its just SJW b8. then again pro magic is fucking stupid and everyone cheats in it anyway so who really cares?
>>Magic needs more women employees
literally 0 reason why this is bad unless they are hiring women over more qualified men for no reason which is not only bad but illegal and should be reported
>>Magic needs more LGBTBBQ, fat, and disabled cards
eh, i dont really see why this is bad within reason assuming new characters are made instead of changing old ones. obviously dont try to push a character that everyone hates just because its faggot
>>Said cards need to be made by people of color.
no inherently bad

This user gets it.

Nice post! Upvoted!

>Maybe it's not the SJWs
t. SJW or bluepilled moderate

Then you're blind and missed the entire presidential election and black lives matter.

>U mad that wizards panders to me now?
different user.
Honestly user i have no idea why you waste your time here shit posting about an idealogue you don't believe in.
it's clear you don't believe either, few actual intersectionalist neomarxist idiots actually do come here and when they don't "white males right wing is evil guise?"

>goobergate
jesus nigger just why the fuck do you need to be so juvenile.
also part of the reason you don't tend to see people complain about sjw is because it refers to a behaviour set of borderline narcissists and intersectonalists.
i've met a couple in real life, and they were more then willing to ruin a persons life because they didn't like the way they talked or thought.
declaring political opposition is a good way to get shat on and some people have to just live their lives

nigger what?
i don't know how numerical systems has to do with the unverified assertion that sex is not only entirely non-biological but society has created a binary system for expression of one's identity.

yo tits or gtfo

Tbh I think you REALLY missed the point.

I really don't think the choice of "agender" vs "nonbinary" is an issue tho. Like??? Ok, they used "not man and woman" instead of "neither man nor woman or anything else". That's chill. It's a tough call to make.

how the fuck do layers work?

But your points forget that the implication of women employees and peeohsee designers is "Instead of white men" not, "in addition to white men".

As for "inclusive cards", fuck no. Tokenism is retarded.

How does flanking work.
Yes, you fucking retards made Wizards think flanking was "too complex" and have killed that keyword. Fuck all of you.

This
In theory adding more inclusiveness to your character range is good, but it practice it almost ALWAYS leads to sloppy, lazily designed characters, usually because they use the token-ness as an excuse to spend less time developing the character and they KNOW they can get away with it since there's always a legion of drones that will defend even the laziest written characters as long as they're a minority that's in a traditionally non-minority role

It wasnt always this way, fucking look at tezzeret for gods sake. The man bleeds cool even when he doesn't win and that bitterness of always coming up short made him evil. Now hes just a cardboard cutout that most likely will get a redemption arc. His vedalken crony had more life and character in kaladesh.

Alara was after NWO, yes? I have no idea what could have happened, other then them deciding to stop commissioning proffessional writers and delegating fluffwriting to unpaid interns on their lucnh breaks, and their descision to focus on the five blandest characters in the game at the expense of literally every other

>half the people here will also tell you desolator magic is good

Bull fucking shit, the only times I've ever seen that guy be discussed on here it was in a negative light and mocking his newest video. You must have thought a bait post about him was legitimate praise or something, literally nobody likes him.

>Teachers speaking clearly are assholes

>Overlooked but Awesome
>shows card this is hardly overlooked and not really all that awesome
every fucking time

Oh my, a one-off card in commander on a card that's not legal in most formats. I hope you'll forgive my lack of care. I want Flanking back in a real set.

College Professor who makes MTG videos on the side.

Realized his youtube channel was like a second job, with the number of videos he put out.

College asked him to teach more classes; And he didn't want to but needed additional income,

Started a patreon to see if people liked his stuff enough that he could continue to make mtg videos instead.

His videos are alright, and some of them are quite informative for MTG Newbies.

fpbp

>trinket mage
It says trophy mage, you dummy.

>heartstone like transformation of Standard
I have not followed recent MTG.

How is it now more like Hearthstone?

+1

I have no interest in gender politics shoved in my face in my hobby time, just like I don't want any other real world politics shoved in my face in my hobby time. I get enough of that in day to day life.

You want a nonstraight character in your fiction? I could not care less. Go for it. Just go route of Borgia, or Game of Thrones, and have them go off and fuck a guy. Whatever.

But leave the preachy in-your-face bullshit out of it.

>not legal in most formats.
The only formats worth playing are commander and limited, full stop.

Literally the only thing that's still receiving updates for Windows Phones, is the part of the OS that breaks non-IE browsers.

There are long-standing issues - serious ones, like the sound drivers silently shutting off making it impossible for you to hear your calls or alarms - that they haven't even attempted to fix.

But you can be 100% sure that whatever phone browser you got off the store is gonna stop working every 3 months. I think non-scammers have basically stopped making them.

I'll second this.

>Windows Phone
Not even once.

I stopped watching when he started shilling for absolutely anyone who made custom [useless_acessory].

>Deckbox that looks alright
>80 USD + shipping + tax
>"Literally the best thing ever, it's amazing."

Every time with this guy. I wish he just reviewed sleeves like he used to.

Is it safe to check out MtG again or is it still SJW-ed the fuck up?

Do you mean the fiction, or the card game?

I'd avoid the fiction.

The card game itself is fine, though again I'd strongly suggest sticking to limited (including cube) and EDH.

Those wooden deckboxes were some of my favorite videos. I want one, or several.

If you don't pay attention to the lore (like 99% of the player base) you won't notice anything.

>I want Flanking back in a real set.
Maro has said that it could see print again under a different name and without the "blocked by a creature with flanking" part.

Are there any actually good MtG podcasts?

I really wished Erin wasn't on Magic Mics, Evan and Reuben are super charming but she actually manages to completely ruin it

Something I always wonder with this women and LGBT pushing is why?

As long as the game is fun I don't really care what they do with the lore, but I don't see the purpose it from a business perspective. Do they think that adding more diverse characters will attract players? I really do not think that a lack of female characters is why there are so few female mtg players (and in fact I've always thought MtG was already very good to its female characters compared to many other male-focused franchises)

Nowadays you're not even allowed to say that men and women are different but it's still true, and a fantasy cardgame that involves a lot of math is just inherently much more catered towards men than women.

No idea what you are talking about. The Professor is like 90% Bang on my own opinion.

Those 80 dollar wooden deckboxes? Yeah they are one of the best things ever. Yes they are worth 100ish dollars total. No, I'm never going to buy that because I'd rather put it towards chase rares, but I'd love one as a gift.

What a pointless post. Obviously there's nothing wrong with hiring women or minoritrs but the statement they should hire more implies that they're actively choosing to not hire them. If qualified people apply they will be hired, they are not being stopped. Same thing like with Carmack and the Oculus project. They hire qualified people who apply.

>Do they think that adding more diverse characters will attract players?
Yes.

As hard as it may be to understand, people like seeing characters in media they enjoy that are the same sex as them. Same goes for race.