mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/30/rumour-engine-november-30/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Lorgar Aurelian.

Magnus did nothing wrong

First for Scarab Occult Terminators are miles more useful than shitty CSM termies who can only termicide-kill-MAYBE-a-single-tank for 110 points a pop.

Gonna build up one of each thousand sons unit (besides Mangoes) plus convert up a rhino and a dread, but doubt I'll actually field them.

Ahriman, 2x Rubrics, 1x Socrs, 1x Termies are on my purchase list.

Should I grab 1 or 2 boxes of Tzaangors?

Wait till you see how big their squad size is. If 20, get 2 for a nice blue blob.

2 boxes.

Since when have Termicide units just disappeared the moment they fire their combi-plasmas? Most armies can't afford to let a trio of ObSec terminators rampage through their backlines, and every shot on the Termicide is a shot that isn't killing something else.

Termicide units aren't great, but they at least can be tailored to fill a niche. Scarab Occult bring nothing together table that Thousand Sons needed.

Drop down to 1x Rubrics, grab 3xTzaangors for a Warherd.

Rubricae are still straight tax-tier, even in their detachment. One box of them is already giving you twice as many as you will ever want to run.

can mr mango the red be taken in csd or just ts?

So any word on Traitor legions? I need leaks

muh Iron warrior chapter tactics
muh legion
muh heavy supports

Just CSM.

Well GW's sent out a bunch of review copies, so if you're lucky, someone will reveal shit. If not, GW might reveal stuff tommorow or friday.

The ban on talking about the review copies goes away friday night/saturday.

Late Friday FrontlineGaming is going to tell us what's going on. Expect disappointment. Every advance word has taken care to praise how thematic they are.

>Release awesome new Bloodthirster
>Release Mongus the Bread instead of a new greater daemon of Tzeentch

Y though?

>release new Thousand Sons kit
>they're still dogshit
y tho

Would Scarab Occult Terminators be good if they could switch their AP 3 Combi-bolters for Volkite Chargers for free?

money

i want a new slaanesh superheavy honestly. a better version of this or a giant chariot that does 6d6 s6 ap- rending hammer of wrath attacks

Magnus has a formation detachment where you can just spam him and daemon princes, and get Librarius style bonuses for doing it.

Taxless tzeentchien flying circus, anyone?

Good? No. They'd be a little more worth it. They need their Sorcerer to not be a bitch (same issue with baseline rubricae) and they need to not be stuck with shitty power swords.

>ftw you know it's not going to allow real heavy weapons
>no basilisks, artillery, special havocs, just dinobots
>atleast we'll get bonuses with hellturkies i hope

I never realized how much I wanted a superheavy chariot pulled by 20+ daemons until this moment.

Give the Sorcerer another wound and mastery level like the Terminator Sorcerer, and let all the Sorcerers that are part of units buy Spell Familiars, then get rid of the Mandatory Tzeentch discipline roll.

There I fixed the Thousand Sons (somewhat).

Hi fa/tg/uys, how can I get into an orks army?

FW confirmed they were doing them for Titanicus, and that they'd be looking into porting the more popular designs from there into 28mm.

>play30k.jpg

Seriously. As a fellow Iron Warrior fag, look up Ironfire Rite of War. Literally everything you want. Also, havocs are BS5 with -1 to enemy cover saves.

So if they could take other Powe Weapons and uppgrade to Powe Fists and Lightning Claws, and If the Sorcerer could take a spell familiar and didn't have to waste a power on Tzeentch they'd be good?

Lower expectations.
Find casual AF group.
Build what you want, but with more bikers.
Don't buy the starting! box.

>Release awesome new Bloodthirster
>3/4 variations (Skarbrand counts) are crap

Don't worry, GW always gives their new kits OP rules to help sales.

>Leviathan Owners Club Edition
Are there really that many people here with levithans?

What's the cheapest way of getting a legit Leviathan model? I want to join the club.

Right now it's only like 90 USD on forge world because of the current exchange rate, right?

>Find casual AF group

Get 15-20 bikes plus various biker bosses and painboyz, converted mekguns and buggies, some trukks, tankbustas and possibly battlewagons and MANZ.
Alternatively, start collecting a dreadmob or boyz-heavy army that you'll automatically lose with every time.

I guess 1x Rubrics and 2x Tzaangors sounds like a plan.

I'm getting two, but I plan on never winning. So, don't take any advice from me.

i play 30k IW
and i swap them between 40k and 30k
problem is i'm one of the few 30k players in my area even with the new boxes.
even went through the trouble of making a ten man tyrant squad that i never get to use.

I wish i could 10man tyrant + mark of tzeench

>3/4 variations (Skarbrand counts) are crap
2/4 more like, Give the standard BT a skullreaver and he's an amazing generalist.

Baseline termies can't threaten anything.
>Combi-weapon
One shot at BS4 then it's back to regular (not even TL!) bolter
>melee weapons
On a slow as fuck unit

The niche filled by them could be filled more efficiently by other, better, more versatile units that can do their job and more.

hol up

i've been out of the loop for a bit but you're telling me the ksons update is out and it's confirmed dogshit? ppppppfffffffffffffffHAHAHAHAHAHA

the laughter hides my pain tzeentch just take me now i don't want to live on terra anymore

I already own 3 and plan on getting a fourth, guess I really don't intend to win.

10 basic, up to 30. 7ppm, starting at 70.

On the plus side, KSons did beat the shit out of the Wolves and killed most of Fenris, so I think it evens out.

Just the iconic units, Do you like Horrors?

They really aren't that bad. I, and many others, were expecting so much worse.

Thousand Sons are still dogshit, meanwhile Pink Horrors became tier one bullshit.

god bless forgeworld

chariots are fun

Well most of the new units are mediocre to decent, rhe problem is they did literally nothing to change the basic Rubrics or address how shit MoT psykers are.

Well, I've not painted mine yet, but I have one yes.

>Expect disappointment
I will never forget the years of disappointment.
I shall never hype again.

We've talked about this in previous threads, they are pretty strong at spamming psykers and getting good saving throws.

But the rubrics are still overcosted.

They doing nonhuman Titans at all?

>Right now it's only like 90 USD on forge world because of the current exchange rate, right?
Yep. It's definitely worth the money, for a myriad of reasons

noice

no, I don't have any daemons. I do have around 20 rubric models I picked up in a lot, I was looking to incorporate them into my existing tzeentch warband which is currently generic CSM, rhinos, some battle tanks, terminators, and helbrutes. I was hoping this update would buff them so I could add these models to my force and not lose every game but not today haha . . . ha . . .

Claw + Drill, or Claw + Cyclonic Melta?

are grot tanks still usable instead of buggie?

The thing is that they didn't address what made the Rubric unit shit in the first place, but they did make it a little bit better in a way. Problem is you have to utilize formations and artefacts to make them work and pay extra points for that privilege.

Rubrics with flamers moving 12" per turn with the book artefact is quite lovely. Make a big blob of them, mix some weapons in there and keep Force up at all times to give them a 3++ makes them fucking immortal.

yes and it's well over 1000 points, and that's minimum

>tfw still no psyker focused space marine chapter tactics

CSM players never stop fucking complaining. They're like Ork players except with no sense of fun.

Yeah, but Magnus ends up getting beaten up and running away like a little bitch in a fight with Logan Grimnar.

>pysker focused chapter tactics
>psyker
>chapter tactics

Do . Let Scarab Occult take whatever melee weapons they want from the usual marine terminator stuff.

That makes both units viable.

Is it ever worth buying a codex?

I'm tempted to pick up WoM as I'm sure it will have some great artwork and a great read. But why does it cost so much.

I mean I still buy models with the money saved. GW isn't really missing out much.

No shit they're complaining, there's plenty to quite rightfully complain about.

>"Honey... I'm pregnant!"
>"Don't care. Our son will be a disappointment anyway"
>"Why can't you be happy for us?!"
>"YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAIN!"

Blood Ravens Chapter Tactics:
>Can take an additional Librarian as part of each detachment or formation
>Can use Relics/Artefacts from any space marine army, whether loyalist or Chaos

>I wish i could 10man tyrant + mark of tzeench
just park a atomantic pavaise dorito near them

>great read
you've got the damn thing here
>40k great read
Nah man, dfc is as close you can get to a good read if you like reading war reports

Yeah, you can kill me but I have to ask - were there any attempts to make something like fan made (or not) "sigmarized" rules for 40k? Maybe some kind of format with simplified rules and statistics?

No, it's not a bait. I have tried to sunk into WH40K but everything in rules looks so messy and needlessly. The setting and models look amazing and I want to do something with them but compared to AoS it is 3overgrown5me

INB4 reeeee normie get out

Then comes back, kicks more ass and uses whatever the fuck "the power of Fenris" is to pull the Planet of the Sorcerors out of the Warp into realspace, pulls every fucking Daemon Primarch back into Realspace and generally wrecks up the Imperium bad with a single strike.

This applies quite well here.

why CSM so weak? i mean they supposed to be the main foe of the SM.....

>total +2 invul
would cost a fuck ton

Wait for 8th.

>fan made
no but geeewubs is planning on doing it
also i fail to see the problem with the current rules outside of formations, flier and allies. it seems about right

Hence why they're so weak

I'd suggest starting off with killteam if you want less clutter.

Blud Angles, Grey Nights, 1K+1 Sons

Take your pick.

>HERALDS OF RUIN killteam
FTFY

20-man rubric blob. 2 Soulreaper Cannons, 10 flamers, attached Sorc with Third Eye helm, granting overwatch.

Second Sorc on disc, 5 spawn retinue with book artefact. Both squads move 12" per turn. Force maintained at all times for 3++

I'm honestly doubtful anything but the Mighty D can take that out in any decent length of time.

Shit my bad, nice save.

So?

Some people will love taking a flying monstrous creature Psyker only army. Burn things to death from the sky, land in the later turns when no resistance is presented. Grab objectives, wreck remaining face.

BUT BUT this not make any fucking sense

Perturabo mini when?

Easy win for the wankmarines.

>1K+1 Sons

What is this new meme?

How am I looking for 1k?

Like 2018, if you're lucky.

Going 1pt over in 1k games.

It dies pretty easily to massed lasgun fire.

As was mentioned in the previous thread, you should consider termicide squads with 3 combi-flamers + 1 chainfist each, or an allied detachment with 3x rapier quad heavy bolters and a melta termicide, to compensate for the list's weaknesses.

How did that even become a thing? It seems so inane.

Have any cheap 11 point upgrades to top off your list?

People screaming CHEAT at someone who's a couple points over when they post a list, so people started baiting those guys.

Well having your main AT be on squishy skittles is a bit of a risk, people talk big shit about grav for anti-tank, but it relies on 6s to do anything at all.

But unless you're facing Leman Russ 2:The Cannoning, you should be fine.

I want in NOW!

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/30/rumour-engine-november-30/

Who's hype for some Admech?

Cognis Flamers aren't worth the cost IMO, Destroyers should be operating far back enough that they won't get charged. And if you're lucky enough to get a wound with your Phosphor Blaster pot-shots, your Grav shots become that much deadlier.

Also, swap the Infiltrator weapons for Taser Goats and Flechette Blasters. They do more damage via sheer number of hits than the base weapons do, and it's a free upgrade.

But any lasgun in range is going to get stomped flat. Fast movement, range, ignores cover and weight of shots.