Would your character be able to win a drinking contest against the local tavern's regulars?

Would your character be able to win a drinking contest against the local tavern's regulars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yywGI1H_oyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, Paladins are invulnerable to poisoning or any sort of intoxication (what includes heavy drinking)

What if they have a small bladder?

Given that my character is inspired in large part by this scene, I'd say yes.
He already carries a practically infinite supply of homemade liquor in his coat, and has probably not been fully sober since he was 8 or so.

Is the setting in Ireland/Fantasy Ireland?
If so, no.

Depends on the tavern and depends on the regulars.

Which edition are we talking about here?
You may have overlooked Paladins losing their immunity to inebriation when consuming alcohol or narcotics willingly.

Let's say your character is up against Seska.

>The days before Shirow turned to shit.

don't remind us

What if Willibald is the village friar?

Willibald would crush Seska.
For Jesus.

>Ireland
One slav can drink as much as three gingerpeople.
Why do you think all the highest blood alcohol levels come from eastern Europe

Jesus is powerless against the blessings of the god of aqua loco!

Depends on what the drinks are spiked with.

Yeah, she could beat her. She could probably outdrink every Shirow gal together, being a half-giant fighter.

>implying Willibald isn't the patron Saint of Aqua Loco

Size means nothing! Three gulps of this stuff would kill a normal human being, I'd be surprised if your jumbo-sized bimbo could go through four without passing out!

It's a homebrew variant, based on the Pathfinder Paladin but still rather diferent.
But I didn't knew vanilla paladins had that catch. Good to know

Yeah, developed datura habit after booze stopped giving the buzz. Supernatural endurance is handy for a lot of stuff but sometimes you wish it could be turned off.

Smartass talk from a spell scroll.

It was the source of a lot of "Ways to make the Paladin PC fall" schemes in 3.5s Book of Vile Darkness.
It may not have existed before that rulebook, but I know a couple of DMs who used the rule and nothing else from BoVD.

Your last line doen't surprise me, sadly

>Seska
blessed by the god of Aqua Loco
>Leona
literally drinks gasoline straight from the pump
>Puma twins
can ingurgitate anything thanks to cold fusion reactor
>M-66 sisters
run on rocket fuel and vaporize any liquid they drink to cool down
>Crolis
is plant, plant dont get dronk
>Duna
hangs around all day long at a bar
>Sybil
always has a can of beer nearby
>Ferris
typical party girl, not afraid of a few drinks
>Deunan
pretty average endurance
>Hitomi
gets hammered with two glasses of whisky
>Motoko
same, but does it on the regular

Put together they can contain more booze than an industrial brewery.

So you might wanna back that claim up.

High constitution, helped out in her family's brewery, treated a huge barrel of beer like a normal person would a pint. Outdrinks the local dwarven quaffing champion on every festival before she left on her journey to both sell distribution for her family's brewery's stuff and to do the whole adventure thing.

Yes. By denaturing the opponents alcohol in secret.

edible too!

Yep. Seska isn't a drinking partner. She's a quest item!

>>Motoko
>same, but does it on the regular
She's a cyborg! That's cheating!

The absolute best.

Honestly that sounds like a pretty good plot hook!

The question is: how would you stat Seska for Pathfinder?

Nah, I like low constitution wizards with a talent for enduring a lot supernatural things past superhuman levels but a lack of ability to tolerate normal intoxication.

fuggen christuns

what is the source on this drunken lady picture book?

Orion; perhaps the least known of Shirow Masamune's comics.

As a scroll, she'd just be a macguffin. As a character herself, a high con sorceror?

sweet. I'll have to track it down later.

Orion

And probably the best.

abysmally low Wis, but how high Int?

Pretty high. She is a fairly powerful sorcerer.

fuck, there are so many taken down manga links for this one.
Some legal department was busy.

Can't help you there. I've got it in print.

well, just know it's a hard search.
Also for some reason like 90% of the results are some jojo I've not read yet.

That's always the problem with an abstract stat like Int; what do you make of characters who know complex magical systems by heart but are objectively massive bimbos?

try to ask around in /a/ scanlator threads, it was recently re-scanned and uploaded in hi-res, like two months ago.

they hate delivering on /a/, but I might have to do that.

At least she still has a brain that can be affected by alcohol, unlike a certain brainless robo-nugget.

Yes if only because he lost most of his organs in a suicide attack against the BBEG and survived as RoboCop/Terrorist, it was a fun Star wars campaign

No, my paladin is a teetotaler who tries to convince everyone he meets that alcohol is the devil's drink and that purifying water via magic is much more efficient than brewing alcoholic beverages.

I dunno, on one hand he's a Drunken Boxing Master, on the other hand he's Asian.

So yeah, probably not.

Like everything else from that book, it's still a fairly retarded rule. There's no reason to suggest Paladins lose their immunity to toxins if they go to the tavern.
Especially if they're a Paladin of a God who is known to go out and get wasted.

Besides, isn't Ale and Wine the most common drink period in fantasy settings? Water is for the common folk too poor to buy watered down beer.

My current character never puts anything into his body that isn't 100% nutritionally efficient, since he is trying to become the perfect human being through a combination of diet, exercise, surgery, and magic

my character is undead, he'll be fine.

Our group interprets immunity to poison as including alcohol, meaning that my Monk could beat the local regulars in a drinking contest.

my character is a ghost, i cant even drink no more, nor eat or anything, but i can fly

Is that Akira? I miss the bastard...

No idea, sadly. I just like the picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=yywGI1H_oyM

This is catchy as hell, thanks user.

Willibald Willibald is a level 5 monk? Purity of Body and all that. Haven't read Vinlandsaga though.

man, I think I'm going to pull this on players now.
"Outdrink this cowboy ghoul or he will goddamn shoot you"

>Rogue spy based loosely off Locke Lamora
50/50 if he's being legit, though they'd likely cheat if there's anything important on the line to make it a sure win.

>Not-Viking Totem Barbarian
>Lvl 11, 20 CON
He'll win easily, unless he is competing with dwarves. Against them he still got pretty good chances.

>Baltazar Duran, level 8 Ebudan Freelancer
Before he achieved his destiny? No.
After, yes, as nothing that can't damage energy could scratch him.
His destiny was to move a god.
Lady Gabriel gave him a peck on the cheek for fostering good feelings between the Inquisition and inhumans through booze and music.

Pop goes the space witch!