Why are you not watching the chess world championship Veeky Forums?

Why are you not watching the chess world championship Veeky Forums?

twitch dot tv/chessnetwork

>playing solved games
kek

chess is pretty boring.

people only played it in the ancient times because there was nothing else to do.

Chess is not solved. We have AI that can surpass best human, but that alone doesn't make the game solved.

>playing unsolved games
topkek

Fuck why did Karjakin have to sauck at rapid.

Well If Carlsen hadn't thrown two games during the main series it wouldn't have mattered

Well, a stylish last move at least.

Rapid should be the default rule 2bh

>default rule
??

Why do you think such a move would be a blunder?

I don't understand what you're saying.

He feels that high-level competition should default to rapid time controls. Rather than the classical standard (90 mins/30 mins + increment).

KING MAGNUS

>chess
>solved

Anyone have good chess strategies?

They should remove classical games and have them all be rapid. Rapid games are more entertaining because they have a faster pace.

Who are 'they'? Most people prefer playing classical, go to any chessclub and check how their club championship is played.
Play some other game where all the people you played with as a teenager don't stop when they grow up.

>Rapid games are more entertaining because they have a faster pace.
I sincerely hope you're not trying to sell yourself as a good lover with the same argument.

I sincerely hope you aren't always this retarded.

They in the first instance refers to FIDE
They in the second instance refers to the rapid games

>They in the first instance refers to FIDE
What are you saying they should remove them from?

"Them" would be "the chess games in the World Championship tournaments"

>FIDE should remove classical games and have the chess games in the World Championship tournaments all be rapid. Rapid games are more entertaining because rapid games have a faster pace.

I didn't know my post was that confusing. Are you ESL?

>I didn't know my post was that confusing. Are you ESL?
Yes, but it could obviously be interpreted in more than one way. Stupid idea anyway.

>Chess
>Only 64 possible combinations
>Trading card games (MtG)
>Billions of different combinations across several formats

One of these is an Olympic sport

>He thinks that a luck dependent game designed for the sole purpose of selling cardboard to teenagers is anywhere near worthy of being an Olympic sport

And chess has an uncountable amount of board states

Neither is an Olympic sport, nor would it be relevant if one were.

Uncountable must mean something different from what I'd think it means, since I'm sure it'd be fairly simple just to calculate how many different ways you can arrange the pieces available on the 64x64 grid, ignoring the fact that a large number of those arrangements could never happen.

>64x64
I meant 8x8=64 cell grid. There's a reason I didn't try calculating it myself just now.

Speedchess is an entirely different game from chess. Chess is about thinking, fast chess is about being retarded.

>Rapid games are more entertaining because they have a faster pace
So basically you have ADHD and want to drag everyone down to your level.

Carjackin was a good opponent but CM was just a notch better at this point

He wasn't that much better.

>chess isn't based on using those combinations to trick and deceive your opponent
>not based off war itself
wew

>Why are you not watching the chess world championship Veeky Forums?

I'll just wait for someone to make a webm about the loser flipping a table and storming out.

chess is fun to play, meh to watch.

>Play some other game where all the people you played with as a teenager don't stop when they grow up.

I'm not good enough to play against adults online. I'm literally getting beaten by elementary schoolers.

*up to your level

FTFY

>When was in high school, school had chess club
>Actually managed to get a grandmaster to come over and give lessons.
>Studied under him, kept up a few private lessons when I was in college
>Have since moved away, but still keep in touch with him. Mostly through his help, have developed into a reasonably strong amateur player, hover around 2,000 FIDE.
>Going over one of the games from the WC match, just analyzing what was played and what wasn't.
>Trying to predict what moves were played as an exercise.
>Old Coach: And then of course you see that they had to have played[totally non obvious move] because it's obvious that this is necessary.

He's not even doing it to be malicious. I really don't think he understands how other people just don't see this stuff. Drives me up the wall.

>tfw 400 rank online

JUST

>400 rank
How is that even possible

Not him, but I've seen some absolutely terrible players in my time.

The worst was when I was overseeing a tibebreak round in this one tournament in my school. Black's got his back rank cleared except for his king and rooks, which are in their starting positions. White slips his queen in, takes on h8 with check, forces the king to move, and I figure he's going to take the other rook, right?

Hahaha, hell no. He does some other stupid shit, and 2-3 turns later, black notices that white has a hanging queen, and takes it with the rook that was sitting on a8.

Physically painful to watch.

I basically only know how the pieces move, no strategies.

I haven't played a serious game of chess in a fucking decade, dude, you expect me to be able to follow MASTERS?

>Chess
>Ancient times

Apparently the Early Medieval Period is now Ancient.

Went to Veeky Forums and I saw people there thinking Galois was an ancient mathematician.

People nowadays have no sense of time.