/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

fuck off /pol/posters edition

Old thread:
>wtf is kingdom death
A game by a company of the same name, released a few years ago. It has 12 expansions, and the core game is getting a reprint. It is on kickstarter now. kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

>how does shipping work
Game will ship out in waves, starting in 2017, and ending in 2020. Each wave will have its own pledge manager, and you will pay shipping for it once they are ready to ship that wave.

>how do addons work
Just increase the amount you are pledging by the cost of the add on. For example, if you are backing at the $50 level, and would like the First Hero expansion ($35), you would leave your pledge LEVEL the same, but change the pledge AMOUNT to $85.

>do I need both the core game and the update pack?
The Kickstarter is to fund a new edition of the game. If you get the game through the Kickstarter, it will have the update pack already included. If you already own the core game, you need to by the update pack to make everything compatible.

>do I need the update pack to use new expansions?
We don't know yet, but that may be the case. Other way, there are no levels you can back at that don't include either the update pack, or the updated core game, so any base pledge you get will be compatible with the new expansions either way.

>FAQ from BGG
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monster-15-kickstarter-faq

Other questions? lurk moar, ask if it hasn't been asked a million times before.

Have complaints about the minis being THICC?
Fuck off, twinpleb.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguepainter.com/kingdom-death-survivor-magnetization-tutorial/
adventuresinminiaturegaming.blogspot.de/2016/06/kingdom-death-survivor-magnetizing.html
beastsofwar.com/monster/play-kingdom-death-monster-lantern-year/
beastsofwar.com/monster/play-kingdom-death-monster-lantern-year-two/
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15213520#comment-15213519
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quit forcing the twinpleb meme.

some shitposting makes threads fun. thats one of them.

just no more political talk.

upgrade to a proper pledge

What armor would make best cosplay and who should be wearing it?

So, some questions to those who have played and / or are in the know:

1. How hard is the level 1 antelope compared to the level 1 lion? I know that the antelope unlocks almost immediately; is it viable to hunt it right then?

2. What expansions can be added to the game that increase choice without adding bloat? By this I mean, what are purely additive and don't come with any built-in replacement or downside? I know that the Gorm has the Gorm Climate event that fucks with you, and that Spidicules completely replaces the Antelope so those are out, but, for example, could one add the Dung Beetle Knight and then never hunt the guy and have the same experience as if you hadn't added him?

It wasn't even funny in the first place.

>1. How hard is the level 1 antelope compared to the level 1 lion? I know that the antelope unlocks almost immediately; is it viable to hunt it right then?
The Antelope is all about movement, it is bloody fast, that makes it a very different fight from the Lion. You'll want some decent ranged weapons on some people, as it is going to run away from you quite often.

i usually read the update in the mornings.
around what time does he usually update ?

Enji night in the starting gear

Just pledged the gold lantern.
Super hyped for this.

Only problem will be having both this and the Dark Souls board game. Though I guess Dark Souls will be the more casual game to play...huh...never thought I'd say that...

I'm at gamblers, I dont need all the old stuff because I already have it.
Your shitty meme is still not funny.

L1 Antelope is a fair step up but not nearly as much as the L2 Lion. It'll introduce you pretty handily to Super-Dense which can be trouble when all your weapons are frail bone and has some nasty reactions and AI. You might take one down right when it unlocks but fighting L1 Lions until after Butcher is smarter.

Every new quarry will come with a starting event that introduces them. So at the very least you will have +1 Settlement Event. The nemesis expansions WILL come and fuck with you, so they theoretically have more of an impact. DBK, Flower Knight, Dragon, and Lion God will all sit happily by and let you hunt other things after being introduced though.

Seen an instruction on how to magnitize the models. Now the only problem is finding magnets small enough.
The guide used 1x1 mm, 2x1 mm and 2x2 mm magnets, but for the life of me I can't seem to find them this small anywhere.

but you have a proper pledge.

its way better then pleb satan, even basic latern is better.

>doesnt share links

I don't care about pledge level, I just think forcing a meme is stupid.

It's unfunny and just shit posting up everything.

roguepainter.com/kingdom-death-survivor-magnetization-tutorial/

adventuresinminiaturegaming.blogspot.de/2016/06/kingdom-death-survivor-magnetizing.html

Can't find the one I was talking about, but have these you lazy prick.

dark souls def. the casual one of the two

besides, you'll probably get DS way before KDM

as someone who has everything of KDM round 1 and getting everything else KDM round 2...
they're both targetting different people

DS seems like a quick-ish game. Nothing like a multiple week campaign of KDM. Also kinda more action-y

Just ignore it. Bringing attention to it is only going to encourage people to keep using it because they know, deep in the cockles of their little hearts, that someone is getting annoyed with it and that's just the right amount of joy they need to get through their day.

Yes, but can we crossover the two?

I want to have Ornstein and Smough be a single Nemesis Encounter in KDM, and the Pheonix and other monsters could be Dark Souls bosses or minibosses easy.

>tfw when my cousin told me he enjoys shitposting online
>tfw I've never been so disappointed in him

I dont even get why people are so bothered by it

I have a pleb satan and i actively encourage it. its funny as fuck

between when and when does poots usually update ?

You are not your cousin's keeper.

You have to be at least 18 years old to browse this website.

Can't Poots see his lack of updates is causing this thread to self implode? what if he's the one double Satan shitposting

One update per day is pretty standard for big Kickstarters.

It has been kind of spontaneous, usually at night like 12 am est or something like that.

12 in the morning? i figured he would update in the afternoon or something.

Usually late afternoon through 3am.

Because people are overly sensitive. This is an anonymous message board. Even if you met someone here in real life, you'd probably never know (Unless, you know, you were actively trying to meet up with someone on here, which is besides the point). Just about none of these people, on average, will actually affect your life in anyway and you can safely ignore their opinions, because who cares what some Anonymous jackass thinks of your pledge tier? Who cares what someone on this Tibetan Sherpa Fetish board thinks? He's probably too busy jerking it to Chinese Cave Paintings to form a real opinion on you in the first place.

Btw I'm talking East Coast USA times.

Adam is 100% night-owl, I have no idea why.

Because he lives in new York

Because he still works in the KD store warehouse to help pack and ship things. All in all, he may be the boss but it's still a small business that he has to personally help more with than just preparing kickstarter posts.

When an expansion adds things to a deck you draw randomly from, should I just shuffle them in (e.g. like you would for treasure cards in Descent) or should I keep them separate and only add them when using that monster?

Where do you live?

Just add all the cards to the decks as instructed.

If you draw something not related to your campaign, such as drawing the Flower Addiction disorder when you aren't using the Flower Knight in this campaign, just draw another card.

All the cards are clearly marked to which expansions they come from, so there shouldn't be issue.

Another question: Is it recommended that you beat the base game before using expansions?

Not necessarily. Some like Dragon and Sunstalker require another campaign than the default one, but others like Gorm just add options to the base campaign.

I know, but my question was, should I finish a base campaign with just Lion/Antelope/Phoenix before adding Gorm/Flower Knight/etc.? Or should I just start mixing them in now that we have the basics of the game down?

I wouldnt say you have to finish the campaign as most groups dont go the distance, probably just do all the standard nemesis and hunts at least once.

you should start of with the core game only and get rekt hard.

then you can add an expansion if you want

Guess I'll stick to the base game, since last campaign we died before facing the phoenix. Nemesis and level 2 monsters wrecked us hard.

>you should start of with the core game only and get rekt hard.
Done and done.

Thanks for posting my mini

Not OP, but that is a sexy paint job.

I am on this plan, might pickup expansions later, for now it's just the core game and gambler's box.

Is the dragon the largest KD model currently?

Also just case people have missed them, I worked with the Beasts of War team on their let's play videos (yeah I am the one with the spiky hair).

beastsofwar.com/monster/play-kingdom-death-monster-lantern-year/
beastsofwar.com/monster/play-kingdom-death-monster-lantern-year-two/

Yes

whats it like working with BoW? They seem like they are standing on a tightrope of cringeyness and awkward social failure, and the balancing pole they use is the fact that they do seem like genuinely nice guys... just like on the edge of asperger cringey.

Oh cool, that was one of the videos that made me look into the game a few weeks back.

The fat guy seemed funnier a couple years back but it was a good little lp.

>(yeah I am the one with the spiky hair).
I'm so sorry. Is there a cure?

It was OK. I used to work in a GW store during my undergrad days, so I am used to that sort of thing and keeping a straight face. I think in the next few videos you see Warren really get into the setting.

No. No cure for it. And I don't work in the right sort of labs to find a cure for that sort of thing either. If anything it just gets worse.

Are you telling me it's terminal?

>still no hints of update being prepared or poots even being awake

Yeah, Warren seems like that friend whos nice and fun to play with, but you just kinda shake your head at his jokes. Watching him interact with Carlos from Corvus Belli is almost painful sometimes.

The bald fella with the goatee seems pretty chill too. In any case, I'd game with them as a group: they don't seem like entitled pricks, just nice but awkward fa/tg/uys

Yeah. In 3 years of working in a GW I have seem some shit. Bad enough dealing with university students these days, and worse, those in the sciences (says me a postdoc :P )

>If anything it just gets worse.

Next stop, Paul Phoenix

If you don't mind me asking, what else do you support or broadcast?

Can has green-text about working in a GW store?

Anyone tried the new Survival of the Fittest? Is +1 evasion good enough to counteract the lowered chance to have babies?

So Darker Days Radio is the podcast I co-host and have done for some 6 years or so now. That focuses on World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness rpgs.

Network Zero is my other podcast that focuses on Chronicles of Darkness and we have some episodes on Kingdom Death.

I also co-wrote the soon to be beta released wargame, Noble Armada 3e.

> So working in a GW store back in 2002 was fun, and was a good period for the games in general. I worked in a small store, that was a training store for managers. So we had a high turn over of new managers. In my 3 years working part time there I had 4 managers, and what was unusual for a part time worker was I had been trained to essentially run the store on my own. This of course meant in 2005 I was somewhat sick of it all and the lack of any respect. When shit did go down when I split with my then girlfriend, there was a fuck up on when I should have been in opening the store (again as apart time worker this was over my pay grade - there is only so much free/discounted shit you want), but due to a fuck up I had my old schedule as having this on another day. I was also still pretty cut up. End result was a disciplinary called for by my manager, and my regional manager came in, did it, reckoned I was in no state for it, and then offered me a job as manager. Of course I was on track for a PhD position, and manager wage would be fucking pittance compared to that. Ultimately I learnt a lot working at GW and got out just as the bad days were drawing in as LotR was dying. Being told by your manager to have to buy a LotR army was the end of it though, given GW was able to throw cash about. Sure I could teach the game, but like fuck would I spend money on it. tl;dr Working in GW before the really dark times was fun, learnt a lot, but thank fuck I got out.

Ah, a WoD podcast eh? Do you guys cover owod ir is it primarily nwod/gmc?

>tfw my brothers unironically bring up memes at the dinner table
>tfw my mom talking about pepe the frog because he was on CNN
>tfw my dad buys alex jones' water filter
>tfw I have not said the word "Veeky Forums" once to any of them

Shitposting has gone IRL m8

DDR is WoD and CofD
Network Zero is just CofD

>DS way before KD
DS core comes out March, KD core comes out summer, DS expansions come out (iirc) September.

So we played our first round last night, made it through the tutorial lion. We rolled like shit, had to use all our founding stones. One of us got his jaw turned into soup. Our loot pulls were weird. Alot of hide, not much else, so we are armored but not armed. One of us got the +1 strength off the line, so we gave him a bone axe. I'm worried about the next lion, having to roll all 8's all the time is terrifying.

Next fight has tall grass terrain, so you can at least have chances of not being hit.

Just think of it this way: All your survivors have an 80% chance to crit.

I like how Poots hasn't even confirmed that he has begun to write the update for the day.

Because he ain't, TGN lost.

I thought that meant no gambler, not no update.

This desu

That is what he said. It was + or -1 roll

He specifically said "This will affect tomorrows update." So yeah, your interpretation appears correct. But it might be a late one if he hasn't already begun working on it...

+1 evasion is not what makes it good

The reroll is what makes it good.

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15213520#comment-15213519

ETA 2am. Probably later. You know what they say about time frames...

>Satan pledger makes a shitty thread.
>Immediate faggotry.
Let's just accept that anyone with a satan pledge is a faggot shitlord so we can have good threads again.

>Poots posted the update yesterday
>this update technically won't be till tomorrow
>that means he actually didn't post a gamblers roll today
HE RIGGED THE SYSTEM.

That went unbelievably smoothly for a first settlement.

Hence my general sense of shock. I've started in total 4 campaigns, completed 1, almost finished the People of the Stars, and still the game surprises me.

But stuff will get a lot worse!

More importantly;

What pledge level do you have.

You were visibly taken aback at several points.

Woo, 6 Mill.

Question about how the Antelope Diabolical Trait works.

It says full move the monster towards a target. Does it mean keep going through to cause collision or just move up to the survivor?

We assumed it was to cause massive amounts of pain with trample but now we are not too sure on the wording.

give us the update poots

If that's the specific wording on the monster then that's most likely how you would play it: move it for all of its movement value and use collision rules for anything that gets in its way.

Full Move Towards means it moves through the target, stopping when it reaches the end of its movement.

So our original understanding was correct then, oops.

nice job mothman, great color choices for the asshole bedsheet

Might be a decent scribble.

But I can't tell until you divulge what pledge level you backed.

black friday lantern +$100 for gamblers atm, will likely throw in $500 worth by the end

This isn't really directed at KD(at least not the 2nd kickstarter)but theres no kickstarter general thread up. How many stretch goals getting added to a base pledge is too many to point of possibly losing money on production? Massive darkness, Dark souls, and mythic battles all seems to have loadsa plastic, but I dont really know all the costs of everything.

>Black friday lantern.
Sadly not a high enough pledge to be able to post here.

3/10 picture.

Depends on the average $/pledge. If there's lots of add-ons you can afford to give more away for free.

Is black Friday gold lantern good?

Nope.

gtfo

kk