Member when

I'd like to do a best of Veeky Forums with a twist. Instead of those same five screen caps we can all name. Post a link to a story on 1d4chan or on the archives and tell us why you liked it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Britbongsteros

Summary: an insane alt history take on our world.

This was always my favourite. Comfy thread atmosphere and bombastic lunacy. Also some wonderfully enjoyable characters that I felt I'd known all my life. It brought a warm glow to this neckbeard's cholesterol clogged heart. I loved the world building and the feeling that the place breathed with life.

Read on a comfy evening/10.
Dead? I haven't seen the writefag in a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators
1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Krakens
1d4chan.org/wiki/50_Copper_and_Ludi'drizz't
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/22907962/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Ice_Wraiths
1d4chan.org/wiki/Gav_and_Bob
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The issue is user that this is one of about three good stories which Veeky Forums has produced.

What are the other two then in your opinion?

Op here. Yeah user. Pony up. Until then have a pic.

Of course it helps if I quote the right guy... that being this one. Clearly I should go and commit sudoku now.

In order to try and get the thread rolling.

>Favourite bit
Everything to do with Martians but especially the war of the world's crazy. And Egypt. And the talking bowling ball.

A good slice of the good stories aren't on 1d4chan user, come on.

My favorite bit about the settings are the crusades for my homeland.

Where is home user? America?

Out west specifically. Though i admit the perpetuation of the whole "all americans are blobs" thing is a bit of a turn off i get that it's funny to you people. I mean i laugh at other nations stereotypes, its only right they get to do the same.

Wasn't that just the New Yorkers? I think it was just them who had to eat all the time.

I always rather wished the setting made its way to Sweden and the northlands. I know it was empty up there but I'm sure there must be something stirring.

Tiny octopus is monitoring this thread

i think it was all of us, but i could not be. I mean all they met was one new yorker, its not exactly a large sample size.

The new yorker was a large sample though.

Sorry.

Anyway I always figured because America was lots of little pockets of you name it then each bit and the locals were different.

Fair point. And now we can contemplate what we think it would be like in different little bits of America in setting. Also, i gotta wonder what happened to my little bit, or the equivalent population since my house would be in Indian territory.

Also, nice joke. Low hanging fruit but still not bad.

The trick - and something aldous and Co were always very good at was identifying salient features of an area and then turning them up to 11. I'm thinking for example that Texas would have a GRR wall, lots of cowboys, insane storms and regular injun raids. Arguably it wouldn't change a bit. Then there'd be texas separatism, desert mythology and a healthy dose of ACME lunacy.

Also I somehow feel that "everything is bigger in Texas" would come into it.

Have a bump

and another while I search 1d4 for something nice

1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators

Hua Yuan fuck yeah

1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Krakens

1d4chan.org/wiki/50_Copper_and_Ludi'drizz't

Great example of how to turn a bad situation into a fun one. It's a story about rap and GMPCs.

Aren't they giant special snowflakes?

Fuck yeah

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/22907962/

GRUFF: goats vs trolls. I loved the idea, I don't know why, but GM never delivered. I still want to run it someday, using Into The Odd as system. But I don't know which premise to use (PCs as troll hunters maybe? I wish we got to know more from the original idea)

That was a good day.

If we're talking about Muhreens here is the chapter I like most because I was involved in creating them

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ice_Wraiths

The few AK47 threads we had as board where people posted the OC African shit hole imagi-nations.

They were great and are on sup/tg/ I think.

How should I post in order to get into that cutie's favor?

....is that image a fleshlight joke?

So guys, I don't want to start a separate thread for this, but I could use some help and it's kinda related.

Does anyone have an image describing a session taking place on board of an submarine? Players were all secret agents who's job was to, I think, extract some kind of sunken spaceship with their submarine. The twist was that everyone actually had some sort of secret agenda of their own. One player had to keep them from reaching the ship, other one had to reveal the whole operation to public, one had to kill everyone on board etc. I've seen it once and unfortunately haven't save it.

I'd suggest either discussing stories already posted or posting new ones and telling us why they're fun. I'm not tiny octopus though.

I miss when there were stories about this basically every week. I used to look forward to them so damn much.

If it is I don't get it. It's a Southpark thing.

Sorry user not ringing any bells.

britbongsteros is the fucking bomb man

2D's Shadowrun and the All Guardsmen Party are the other 2 rulers of the "Best of Veeky Forums" Club

Aldous is a busy dude but I have his email if you want to get in touch with him

Last I heard he was working with an artist on a possible webcomic

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gav_and_Bob

I cried more reading this than when my kitten died. It is a good pain.

Ages ago I compiled a pdf of all of these together into a pdf during a quiet night in a university library. Please read this and enjoy.

Currently on page 25, good read so far.

No problem since I managed to find it after all. Posting it here in case anyone's interested.

This thread is fun. Bamp

Member The Heathen West?
Member Gruff?
Member Night Shift?
Member that terrific setting about an endless train filled with mechanical waitresses?

Anyone 'member that wallmart-apocolypse sort of setting reminiscent of Idiocracy's Costco setting?