Name two things you hate fighting

Name two things you hate fighting.
Bonus points if the two can be combined together into one terrible opponent.

Gelatinous Cube Red Half-Dragons

Any enemy that splits into more enemies when damaged.

Strictly RPGs or other tabletops are allowed as well?

I really hate fighting Quachil Uttaus in Arkham Horror.

I'm actually curious if any of the Kingdom Death Monsters are particularly hate-worthy.

Gelatinous Rust Cubes

The screaming antelope exists to trick you into fighting it early, then it eats your gear and since you split your fights between two monsters you don't have enough resources to make anything good before the butcher TPKs you.

>Warning D&D
Well some players I know hate anything that can damage or destroy their weapons, armour, and other items. They also hate anything that doesn't target AC to deal damage. Great when used occasionally to remind them there is more to a character than gear and yes death is a possibility.

As a player I never liked orcs as they usually were used as dull chunks of hp with no tactics or thought, taking to much time to kill. I have some other bugbears but those outside the scope of this thread.

That's right around what I expected, except I expected just a little more rape.

That artist can't draw abs for shit

Wendigos friend. They can quickly fuck a party up.

> An enemy that splits in two when it takes damage.
> An enemy that splits in two when it deals damage.

Owls and bears.

I hate fighting the environment. So mostly swamps, and poisonous/venomous things.

Mindflayers and Rakshasas.

Apathy and time.

Congratulations, you now have a coma.

>GM Rolls on random encounter table
>"Lets see... it says you come across five goblins, and a infinite, uncaring universe, that has no meaning and never will."

Destrachans
Beholders

Mom and Dad

I've found my party really hates these two: poltergeists and animated rugs. They won't play anymore games that involve haunted houses.

Ankhegs, xorn, earth elementals. Fuck lichs, beholders, dragons, demons, whatever. Most of my character deaths have been from getting grappled and suffocated underground.

Mimics and Beholders

...mother of God...

ASS

TITTIES

ASS N' TITTIES

>Any kind of giant crab
>Flying enemies who never land

anything that can alter a person's sexual orientation

enemies that can mind control my character in way that are difficult to roll play. i.e. "your character is now a zealot follower of an ideology you as a player do not understand.

CC mages (as in save or lose your turn) and meat sacks that take ten turns to kill

I'd fucking leave if I fought a meat sack CC mage

Constipation
Assassins

Anima's abomination/black sun abomination and ANYTHING with existential barriers takes the cake.

>on damage effect to instagib you
>huge damage and aoe

I am now visualizing how a creaure like that came into being. I wish I wasn't.

...Is the OP's picture a monster-girl rendering of the Dragon of Athas, or am I just nuts?

Is that a female Dr. Smith from the Lost in Space remake?

Are monsters who change your orientation such a common problem for you? Are they just such heaping hunks of beefcake that ya gotta go gay? And then the GM throws sexy drow ladies at you who change you back? And then the circle keeps repeating itself?

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>I roll to attack the universe

Your spear misses and leaves the universe.

This is golden.

>Dirty things
>Dirty things

Muh obsessive compulsive extends into my role play.

>I cast Recall.
>"The teleport spell? Where'd you leave the Mark you're teleporting to?"
>On that spear.

>end up with mimics that just pretend to be beholders

Somewhat disappointing.

Anything that forces you to recalculate important derived statistics as part of its attack - oh, this thing takes away Stat X? So now my F, G, H and I numbers are all changed too, hold on.

Anything that gives the GM an erection.

Well, I can see how they can be annoying, but add a Gelatinous Aluminum Cube and a Fire Elemental to the same room, and it gets much, much worse.
3000 degrees Celsius worse.

pens, pineapples and apples
In any combination.

Cars and robots, so robocars.

Creatures that have a constant blink or blur effect on them.

When I'm playing a martial it drives me and the group up a wall to the point where that % dice roll has been dubbed "roll to disappoint"

When playing a caster it bugs me because the guy who's supposed to keeps its attention can hit it for shit so it's gonna focus on the guy who actually can hit it.

*cant hit it

could be pretty horrifying if you had something like an acidic slime creature that splits when damaged

split the slimes enough times (sustained magical barrage maybe) and you would essentially end up with the fantasy equivalent of a hostile nano-dissasembler cloud that melts you from the inside out, starting with the lungs.

Beholders that are just piƱata mimics

Enemies that explode on death

Enemies that split into several smaller versions on death

see where I'm going with this?

meet the newfag

False Hydras and the Roman Legions.

It's just the monstrous form of Cestree.

I hate shades, and I hate evil clergy. Cultists are fine, but it the dm breaks put the evil not!catholics I'm out.

1. Creatures with instant death abilities, that kill or incapacitate you if you fail a resistance roll or a saving throw
2. Creatures that paralyze or otherwise prevent you from acting

I'm pretty sure this monster actually exists in older editions of D&D, probably AD&D 2e or something.

I hate fighting pretty waifuable opponents who refuse not to die.

Apathy and laziness.
You can combine them to get depression.

Giant spiders and parasitoid wasps.

>You exit the pattern of causality and land on one of the dark flow causing mega-structures.

Setting: Kingdom of Mimics

Players are thrust into an alien world with ancient ruins and survivalist colonies. The ruins are filled with different kinds of shapehifting monsters, but the worst are the ones that are powerful monsters hiding as treasure chests. Then the players get deep enough in the dungeons, they find the real reason for the world. A prison for changelings, dopplegangers, and their more frightening creators.

Oh, you just opened the gates on them, and they've been unleashed on your barely-scraping-by colonies. Enjoy that.

Beware the bowls

the GM and other PC characters

I learned my lesson when i fought the GM`s sister

>autistic spergs on Veeky Forums quibbling over immersion, crunch, headcannon power level, whatever
>my own urges to waste my time arguing with them

Combined they are probably me.

Im pretty sure instant death also prevents you from acting

>The MalDusaHolder attacks

You are meant to name two different creatures, user.

Gas Spores and Shadows
Imagine poking the shadowy-beholder-looking thing with a sword, having it explode on you, sapping your strength, and then becoming one.

Are you me? Are you also sharply critical of the contrarian tendencies of Veeky Forums?

Anything that can permanently damage a character's stats in a way that can't be worked around, compensated for, or roleplayed through. Have fun with half your strength taken away in a system where strength can't be leveled up or augmented with gear.

Anything (other than death) that can stop a player from controlling their character for more than two turns. Being incapacitated by a stun that lasts for 2d6+4 turns is just stupid.

Mantis spirits.

Wizards that understand the value of a pair of good binoculars

As an Anima GM, I can safely say one player absolutely, positively despised the Necro-Lagor I threw in the !Resident Evil Mansion. Mostly because it turned his character into a full on vegetable with a single Psychic Death.
That was the first time he had to pop Destiny Points.
Come to think of it, he hates most psychics he encounters. Including the Railgun Mentalist's player. Especially the Railgun Mentalist's player.

>Something that debuffs your ability to hit it to the point where it is nigh impossible to hit it.
>Something that Buffs it's own defenses to the point where it is nigh impossible to hit it.

If truly evil
>Immune to all forms of control or debuffing
>Highly evasive
>Invisibility and teleporting as a reaction that nullifies attacks
>Nullifying attacks
>Movepool based entirely on preventing you from moving and attacking it, and slow, ongoing damage that gets worse over time.
>When you are about to kill it it heals to full
>When you actually kill it its reincarnation activates, healing it to full
>When you kill it it reincarnates halfway across the world.
>It destroys your equipment so you can't hit it according to game math.
>It is immune to (thing your character does well)
>While it fights you it mocks you, laughs, and spouts the worst fucking puns known to man.

Spoken from experience.

Wut

Veeky Forums demands storytime!

Not all at once, but in the same campaign.

Debuffs/buffs thing happened a lot cause DM used custom monsters and constantly forgot only one party member hit on a defense other than AC... so some monsters could only be hit on a crit if their buff aura was active (always).

The other thing I didn't mention was massive HP pools.

>Wizards that understand the value of a good pair of binoculars

This is why you team up your mage and sniper in SR.

>beholders
>mind flayers

>mind flayer with eyestalks instead of tentacles

I usually play some sort of melee class (warrior, barb, pally) in fantasy settings, so my two would have to be something along the lines of:
>enemies that are/make themselves hard to hit, or
>summoners/mages who throw shit-tons of adds at you to prevent you from killing them.
I hate being stuck killing endless amount of nothing. Combined:
>an impervious to damage summoner throws wave after wave of adds at you until you die or go mad
pls no

>things that are difficult to hit
>things that must be hit in very specific ways
If you do this I will slap you.

Suicidal Impulses and my fear of Hell/Oblivion

You have a player who's psychic?

>Players, because PvP is stupid.
>Succubi, because they're usually a "fuck you" when you attempt to bang a barmaid, or a "redeemed" one who is basically a hotter Tiefling. Doesn't stop them from being my fetish though.

Sure enough, Succubi players are absolutely awful.

Undead and Constructs. They already are as Bone golems

I hate going against paper.
t. Rock

Try volunteering to help others, it gave me something to live for when I was suicidally depressed in my early 20s

read hamlet friendo

Goblins

also Hobs

Ever heard of a Mindwitness?

>Psions
>Changlings

I swear to all that is holy if anyone makes an enemy that can shift to look like anything and fuck with your mind at the same time the session will end with the police getting involved.

What else?

>everything black sun is undead and strong OR decked in high level artifacts
>also nearly if not all undeads suicide bomb when they die

BIG BOOTY BITCHES

I should try to find an actual ERP game. I'm aware enough to know that playing a succubus or some shit is not acceptable in a casual game amongst friends, but I'd still like to roleplay one in a non-freeform way.

Humans and Danes

Monsters and women.

They're Umbrella Corporation with a worse moral compass and less forethought, what did you expect?

Enemies that slow down/paralyse me
Wizards

In a casual game amongst friends, there's at least the opportunity to play a succubus in a non-linear, interesting manner, like a succubus that acts as the guide for the party through the Realm of Dreams in pursuit of the formerly imprisoned King of Nightmares, with the focus being a succubus's nature as a dream monster with an innate understanding of desires.

In an ERP, you might get as far as "She's hot."

Anything that can turn you to stone/Illithids. You're one save away from statue hood (and the possibility of being knocked over and shattered) or having your brain sucked out and eaten,

No thanks.

>Rakshasas.

Hope you have blessed crossbow bolts handy. Worked for Kolchak.

Also, swastikas.

Cancer and ideology

Hobgoblins.

I'm not even kidding. 4th and 5th turned them into low-level-party TPK material. The last time our DM sent them at us in 5th the encounter was perfectly balanced and we still got our shit kicked in. I ended up getting my glaive stuck in one of their corpses and just bashing them with the blunt end every time one came near. I'm still amazed I survived that.

Fuck hobgoblins.

>The GM
>The rules