Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Back to the Great Crusade edition
Xenos of the Great Crusade sub-edition

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QsCXm1vrk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zoh9xI0huA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QuO09z-SI
youtube.com/watch?v=9d1yDCWicf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Archaeobiology and ye olde hotpockening

The Megarachnids were a thing for a while. What other xenos were there?

Will Great Crusade-era xenos ever get official models?

Probably more appropriate in /WIP/ but really enjoying making progress on my Valdor.

What's everyone else working on?

>Tfw nothing because I can't order my first Mechanicum models until January

>What other xenos were there?
Dead Xenos.

Now there's a lovey shade of white. Nice work, user. Fluff for your dudes?

Auxilla are so goddamn sexy when painted.

I'd be running them if I wasn't already running beep-boops.

>xth for FW better give us Land in the form of a Loyalist Mechanicum character with the option of bringing his Raider ala Dorn & Pert

FW has said they're not going to do xenos and 30k. But there were Orks/Eldar/Crons/and other races.

The guy thinks monkeys naturally evolved tails as stingers and that the idea they lived in trees seems crazy to him.

Arkan Land is to the AdMech what Draco and Cezvak are to the inquisition.

So: Land's Raider: 525 points

14 14 14 HP 5 Transport 35 Super heavy Skimmer
Weapons:
Quad Volkite Caliver
2X Quad Las cannon
Special rules:
Dedicated Transport
Machine Spirit
Assault Vehicle
Flare Shield
Explorator Array
Living Metal
It Will Not Die

Land himself costs 50-75, he is not that great of a warrior.

Only Emps know what monkeys looked like and explaining that would be too time consuming. Also, the only other monkeys in the galaxy are Jokero. I don't think they and Land would get along. m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QsCXm1vrk

Looks a little expensive for that low of HP desu

>>xth for FW better give us Land in the form of a Loyalist Mechanicum character with the option of bringing his Raider ala Dorn & Pert
And here I was already happy about Decima's DT Macrocarid

>Machine Spirit
Wait didn't you say it has a more potent machine spirit? Give those sponsons the Volkite Sentinel rule: independent targetting.

Dammit, I was too late.

New fluff drama, new OP image.

>New fluff drama, more shitting up the thread
FTFY.

Thanks, drawfriend. You're a best.

Actually the Loyal Supreme Magos in exile of Mars (internally) mocked him for not knowing anything about actual monkeys.

Also his Raider should have Icarus Targeting, Auspex, Vox (or AM version) and Command Vehicle (or AM version) with a special rule that Command Vehicle and Vox cannot be used unless a IC other than Land is on board.

Given the other special rules stuff like searchlights and smoke launchers are pointless. Explorator Array, Living Metal and IWND cover any and all imaginable toughness issues besides psychic assault. Given that it withstood direct assault from all 4 Chaos Gods in a extended siege without taking a scratch Blessed Hull from the GK books makes sense. The thing was directly blessed by the Emperors light after all.

The Emperor and Void Dragon don't agree on much. They do agree on two things though: 1: Fuck Chaos. 2: Land has a pimping ride.

ooh, what's this? whatever could be in this package?

A super-heavy?

Oh shit, I didn't know Decima could take one either. Makes me like him slightly more though I'm not big on his personality.

>why aren't you guys keeping me in the loop?
>...
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING TRAITORS

Aww thanks man. I don't have an airbrush but I managed to do a half decent ghetto OSL with a grey basecoat and carefully directed bursts of white spray paint. Pretty happy with how well it's worked out.

The Raven Guard (my main army) have infiltrated a planet that is in open rebellion against the Emperor, and have stoked the fires of loyalty in some members of the Solar Auxilia garrison stationed there. While the ruling nobility have thrown their lot in with the Warmaster and have begun purging those who refuse to adhere to the new order, many of the SA veterans have been biding their time to strike back and regain a modicum of honour for their traitorous regiment. With the RG's help they are able to gather arms and provisions and coordinate a small but effective resistance force.

Cunningly, this provides a plausible reason as to why the highest authority in the SA force is a tank commander, and the backstory for the inclusion of the Valdor is that it was pretty much a retired museum-piece but has quietly been restored and given a bit of a polish before the final glorious last stand. The tank commanders last remaining comrades from his armoured company ride around in either a pair of Vanquishers or a pair of Incinerators, and they are joined by a unit of Veletaris who have strong-armed a las-rifle section into joining their cause with heady tales of fighting for the glory of the Emperor of Mankind, both units mounted in Dracosans.

Agreed, the SA models are gorgeous. Shame the infantry are so tall, but whatever, the added detail the height allows is worth it.

I don't know, I think it's just a bunch of garbage

I see Chinese lettering, guessing it's a recast of something big?

Got any pics of the SA themselves you're willing to share?
It's a super-heavy until proven otherwise.

I'll post pics of my SA when they're a little more complete. At the moment everything is pretty much only basecoated.

Pic related.

6 HP? 7? 8?

5-6 sounds reasonable, it has firepower but not enough when you consider it will be about 600 points with Land. It has supreme defensive abilities though.

If you combine AV 14 with Skimmer, Machine Spirit, Flare Shield, Living Metal and IWND it is almost impervious to non D strength shooting.

It is supposed to be ridiculously tough, not invulnerable which is how it was portrayed. If you need to get someone somewhere or get them away from something safely that is what it does because that is it's job.

Yeah, MoM specifically mentioned that it had independent targeting due to dedicated servitors.

it's 1500 dollars worth of the finest recasted resin money can buy

OMG I usually don't bragg about people using my images like other anons do, but the white-eyed BL authors thing got worked on by Banner user, thank you!

That's an absolute fuckload of plastic crack user.

No super-heavies? Nice to see an IHfag though.

>Yer a pirate, user

What's the stuff?

I recognise that handwriting on the baggie. Truly the best recaster out there.

What did you buy, exactly? An entire IH force?

I'm not banner user, I'm just some guy who decided to whip up a makeshift banner for shits and giggles.

Glad you like it though

Still, thank you :)

So:
>14 14 14 HP 6 Transport 35 Super heavy Skimmer
>Weapons:
>Quad Volkite Caliver
>2X Quad Las cannon
>Special rules:
>Volkite Sentinel independent targeting
>Dedicated Transport
>Machine Spirit
>Assault Vehicle
>Flare Shield
>Explorator Array
>Living Metal
>It Will Not Die

>Volkite Sentinel independent targeting: Volkites may fire Snap Shots at BS 2, even if they had previously fired the previous turn. They may fire at a separate target from the rest of Land's Raider. All Volkites fire by Land's Raider have the Skyfire Rule.

It already is effectively BS5 and the Volkites are heavy 8 twin linked, all this does is let it incinerate a squad charging it and let it create a AA bubble. It was described as incinerating waves of deamons a few squads at a time, i think it is reasonably badass without being absurd.

Land's Raider is a awesome Character. Think about it:

Marine>Custode>Primarch>Emperor
Landraider>Spartan>Mastadon>Land's Raider.

It is the Emperor of Imperial Transportation Technology and guess what? There it is by his side. Land's Raider is the Emperor's pimp mobile. None better bitches!

for me, 20 Immortals and 20 IH tacticals, a dreadnought CCW, some volkite chargers and cataphractii fists, everything else is going to other folks, some WE, EC, and BA along with alpha legion and Night Lords toys, as well as some 40k eldar(gag) stuff

I get a blast out of the fact that Arkan doesn't even think it is that special, it is just his personal transport. Dorn and Pert and the IoM drool over it and he's just like 'hey, WTF? It's just my car you freaks. Get your own ride bitch'

Land knows seven things:
1: The Heresy is some messed up shit.
2: The Emperor is da man, respect yo!
3: Damn i've got a fine ride.
4:Custodes are cool, that BA guy is OK even if he is a tool
5: Fuck Magnus, fuck deamons
6: He don't need your shit, he got Custodes, Sisters and a mother fucking dreadnought as his homies. Some Blood Angel guy too.
7:Did he mention his sweet ass ride?

>Land's Raider is a awesome Character
I don't wish to be obnoxious or cruel, but yes indeed it is, and you're just stating the obvious, friend
>Marine>Custode>Primarch>Emperor
JESUS CHRIST, you're using it backwards!
That sign is a "more than/less than" symbol, and you just said a marine is more powerful than a Custodes, you see the beak thing indicates who is less than the wide part thing. Like this:
10>5, 2

>I recognise that handwriting on the baggie. Truly the best recaster out there.
Where can I find them?

I totally agree on this.
Can anyone explain to me what the Living Metal rule does? I don't necron.
>that BA guy is OK even if he is a tool
Why can't you be cool AND a tool? You can totally be both.
>Fuck Magnus and daemons
Yes, thank you!

>Arkan doesn't even think it is that special, it is just his personal transport
He may think what he will, but not even he can deny it's awesome and one-of-a-kind. But he's angry the regular version isn't grav but tracked.

Oh man, that implies he thinks everyone should have grav-Land's Raiders. He wants the good tech to spread to everybody. Man, can Arkhan Land stop being awesome?!

He finds you, sorry man.

He found me when I was shitting on Z in r/yoyhammer saying his casts were only good for terrain. Sent me a PM and we went from there

The Valdor has a surface to orbit vox unit and serves as the rebels main means of communication to any relief forces. The Loyalists hid it by building a bunker around it in a out of the way tunnel to serve as their command center.

The USSR did this sort of thing in WW2, they buried radios, tanks and even aircraft in isolated places to serve as resistance centers behind German lines.

The tanks are buried with only a vox mast sticking up a few miles away (no doubt linked by miles of buried cables to hide the real command post) waiting to be used for the liberation.

In a worst case scenario the Loyalist leadership could button up in the buried Valdor and other tanks and survive an orbital bombardment or even extemimantus. They would die from hunger or thirst soon after but they could survive and send a message via vox or just roll out for one last act of defiance.

>Pss. Hey kid, would you like some minis? Spartans, Sicarans, Caestii, I've got all the good stuff...

Sorry, Veeky Forums's use of (((>>>))) has ruined my knowledge of basic math and ratios.

>Marine

Kek.

Thanks for this fluff man, thats fucking awesome! Researching buried tank tactics now, just for personal interest...

Hahaha, that original copy of the Codex Astartes

>Living Metal rule does? I don't necron.

It prevents any special rule that assists in penetrating armor. Ordinance, melta, lance, whatever. Whatever special rule your weapon has that gives it special abilities to penetrate armor they don't work.

So Chainfists don't get an extra dice, dark lances don't lower the AV value, meltas don't get an extra d6, nothing affects the AV. All you get is S+d6 to penetrate or glance.

it doesn't do that anymore, it's like extra armour but better, ignores shaken on a 2+ and stunned on a 4+

You're a good user!
I do understant the general sense of the gif, but I wish some russian guy could tell us what is the exact dialogue in that pic.
Wow, great. Amazing on that AV14 chassis.
Booooooo!

Does Haywire work as normal?

How viable is an all infiltration alpha legion army?

Good.
A RG army is more powerful with the whole Furious Charge thing, but the AL have no Flesh over Steel restriction, so they can infiltrating mechanized infantry.

The BA guy was pretty cool, he was the only ration person there besides that Admech guy who died in the first scene.

>Oh man, that implies he thinks everyone should have grav-Land's Raiders. He wants the good tech to spread to everybody. Man, can Arkhan Land stop being awesome?!

He does, that is the tragedy. The new Fabricator General and everyonbe else is thinking of all this other stuff, wars, rebelions and heresy. Land is thinking "hey if we all had invulnerable cars and scaled that up we wouldn't have to worry about anything"

It is why Land loves the webway idea, not having to worry about using the warp to travel is a great idea. He could just drive anywhere.

Infiltrating mechanized? I was thinking Skorr with veterans to infiltrate, then scout and give the vets multimeltas/heavy bolter and machine destroyer/sniper.

Also, how doe Exodus and Saboteur perform? I think they're cool as fuck.

Thank you, it is simple logic. Valdors have advanced communications equipment. The Loyalists cannot win without reinforcement. Logically they must protect their communications as much as possible. They must also hit the traitors communications ability as often as they can.

Why the Raven Guard would want to support them is obvious, they are fighting the way the Raven Guard do.

>Land is thinking "hey if we all had invulnerable cars and scaled that up we wouldn't have to worry about anything"
You'd still have to worry about it if the other side had the same equipment as you, which is why the Heresy was indeed all that worrying, since they had both Land's Raiders AND daemons, which gets Kerbor's rocks off.

>It is why Land loves the webway idea, not having to worry about using the warp to travel is a great idea. He could just drive anywhere.
So you're saying Land's ideal future would be everybody driving everywhere in the web-highway and tanks being a central part of everyone's life like a grav version of Mad Max?

ARKHAN LAND IS INCAPABLE OF NOT BEING AWESOME

Other anons say Saboteur work great, but even better with Dynat. I said mechanized because if you want an infiltrating army and just that the Ravens do it better. But the AL can both do it good enough and who knows what you'll play tomorrow.

Yes, it isn't invulnerable. However:
>35 transport capacity
>Can carry dreadnoughts
>Skimmer
>Assault vehicle
>Probably carrying Custodes, Sisters and a Dreadnought

Haywire works, just don't expect anything using haywire grenades to live after they immobilize it.

>I think it's just a bunch of garbage
Going by the Chinese newspaper, I'd say you're right.

Enjoy your supercancer.

aw is somebody mad that they aren't buying the ultra-official high quality british resin that's proven to shrink tumors and empty wallets? :^)

So I've decided to start up an Iron Warriors army. I'm not really interested in making a "competitive" army because I've learned that it sucks a lot of the fun out of the hobby for me. This is a rough list of what I'm planning on getting. Is it at least feasible to use in friendly games? Anything you would recommend adding?

HQ
Praetor

Elites
3 Iron Circle Battle Automata

1 Destroyer Squad w/ Jump Packs

Troops
1 Tactical Squad

1 Tactical Squad w/ Pistols and melee weapons

1 Breacher Squad

Heavy Support
2 Tyrant Siege Termination Squads

I've always like the Irons Warriors idea of "throw bodies at problem until it is solved" and I'm trying to reflect that in this rough list. The heavy and special weapons I'll be including are auto cannons and plasma guns. If its light on vehicles its because I'm planning to get those legit from Forge World later. Sorry if this is absolutely terrible.

nah, this isn't supercancer resin, it's basically the same as FW stuff, minus the mold oil

>Is it at least feasible to use in friendly games?
Sure. Everything is feasible in friendly games, that's why they're called friendly
>Anything you would recommend adding?
Are those Troop squads maxed?
>Destroyer squad
My best wishes.
>The heavy and special weapons I'll be including are auto cannons and plasma guns
What heavy and/or special weapons? Tyrants can't take the same stuff as terminators. They can't take pretty much anthing, really. And they're Elites ;^)

>So you're saying Land's ideal future would be everybody driving everywhere in the web-highway and tanks being a central part of everyone's life like a grav version of Mad Max?

Well, yeah. Imagine it:

The Emperor completes the Imperial webway. Humanity is now a psychic species immune to chaos. We explore the Galaxy in invunerable hover tanks exploring every last bit of creation. The Eldar get pushed onto a few reservations, they are fun to talk to on a historical level but they are boring after a while. Those Necrontyr statues you and your friends have been collecting are actually Necron Warriors. You talk to them, meet this Necrontyr dude named the Silent King. He tells you that he has a message for the Eldar and the Emperor, there are some bug things that intend to eat us who come from another Galaxy. The Emperor agrees to a meeting, the Eldar bring an Ork and some primitive looking Lizard dude. The Necrontyr show up with the Silent King, Trayzin and a Primarch somehow.

>The Silent King points to the stars and says "bugs from another galaxy are coming to eat us, let's kick their ass"

>Eldrad says: "Second the motion"
>The Lizard next to him burps and gives a thumbs up
>The Ork shouts WHAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
>The Tau Ethereal who wasn't invited but somehow is present says: "It is for the Greater Good"
>The Emperor turns to his 18 loyal sons and says: "Kill me some bugs and find us a new galaxy to invade. Er, i mean enlighten. "

Nah mate, buy cheap shit if you want, I just don't trust anything built in China.

>Are those Troop squads maxed?
All the tactical squads I'm intending to be in squads of 20. The Breachers are in a 10 man squad.

>Destroyer Squads
They seemed neat on paper. Are they shit or just difficult to use?

>What heavy and/or special weapons? Tyrants can't take the same stuff as terminators. They can't take pretty much anything, really.
Tyrants are listed as Heavy Support in the Iron Warriors Red Book. The special and heavy weapons I'm intending to distribute among the tactical squads.

Laer
Kinebrach
Hrud

Yeah I am thinking of making a purely infiltrating Alpha Legion with Dynat, coupled with some saboteurs. Mutable tactics is great.

>The special and heavy weapons I'm intending to distribute among the tactical squads.
Thing is, in 30k tactical squads are bolters-only. Vets are the ones who look like 40k tac squads.
Destroyers aren't bad themselves, but are overcosted. And about Tyrants, it's a bit complicated. FW books are riddled with typos and mistakes.

Okay thanks for telling me. This is my first time with 30k and my 40k instincts are hard to shake. I'll drop the destroyers and just make the terminator squad a 10 man. Is it worth taking transports for the infantry blobs or should instead get something for the Terminators?

>YOU WILL DRIVE UP THE ETERNAL WEBWAY INTO THE VALHALLA, SHINY AND AURIC

Considering you want to use Tyrants, who are great at footslogging thanks to those Cyclone missile launchers, and adding the fact there's a bit too many AP3 pieces of artillery out there, yeah you might want some transports for those tactical squads.

Problem is, there's only one non-LoW land vehicle that can transport a 20-man squad, the Spartan.

You could attach apothecaries to help footslogging them, but that'll help only against phosphex, not against anything bigger than Earthshaker guns.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zoh9xI0huA
I'm not sure which legion this fits. Night Lords? World Eaters?

Fists

Iron Warriors

Pain cleanses the body.

Too easy.
I don't think Dorn would like his kids wasting bolts on each other. Throwing a nigga into a pain glove wih your bare hands is probably more socially acceptable.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy
Also, Fists. How do you think they became BS5?

Okay thanks for the advice.

Magnus did nothing wrong.

We've already had our daily dose of Carnac, why do you seek to shit upon this thread as well?

Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.

I found the Night Lords' beginner's tool m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QuO09z-SI
Don't do this.

And guess who, it turns out, originally said that "assassin" proverb/thought for the day.

Unification Wars.

>Death Whistle
Huh, I didn't know about this. Nice.
>Fear
Kek, that's an illusion of the senses.

It's an effective illusion for most people. Imagine hearing that in the middle of the night. Bonus points if you hear it in a forest.

>camping in the wilderness
>set up tent, just about to fall asleep
>hear that last bit at 110 decibels just behind your pillow
>shit pants
>try and fail to sleep
>happens again the next night
>third night without sleep, you charge out waving an axe around, only to see a little pair of bat wings sticking up from behind a bush
Fuckin terror assault

Well I was pointing out the fact that the NL's only Sworn Brothers are also immune to the Fear they cause, and their Primarch is also scary, but man even if I heard that in plain day I'd be intimidated, no lying.
It's very similar to the "aaaaaah" you hear the natives cry out in the movies, but this means fewer people are required to achieve the same effect. Pretty clever of them.
Another NL instrument, this one for when they are sneaking about
youtube.com/watch?v=9d1yDCWicf0

You don't have to worry about being competitive. Unfortunately, Iron Circlebots are too slow and don't deal enough damage for their points (they're good at being bodyguards), same goes for Breachers, and actually for Destroyers too (which, unlike the other two, don't get survivability for their cost).

You'll do well in Zone Mortalis missions though, which are great fun.

In regular games I'd try to take just one of those three, or if you must take two then not Iron Circle and Breachers. The latter are often out in a Spartan, which is generally considered too fancy for tactical blobs.

If you find yourself losing too much, quad mortars with phosphex, Medusas, and Whirlwind Scorpiuses probably cost too little for the damage they do. Don't take a whole bunch, but they can help.

Dreadnoughts are a lot more effective than Domitar-class automata, and you should take tactical support squads in Rhinos if you can. I'd do that instead of taking Breachers. They can move up together with the ccw/pistol tactical dudes too, who definitely need transport.

Or try the Brethren of Iron rite of war and load up on robots.

give medusan immortals a stock 5+ invuln rather than a 6++/5++, and make hardened armour reroll armour and invulnerable saves against blast and template, not just armour
does this make them good?

Nephilim. Alien giants who cow humans with strange skin masks made from the xenos' own flesh. Blood Angels and Sons of Horus fought them in Fear to Tread.

anyone here collect Solar Auxilia? I wanna see pictures of your shit

>Back to the Great Crusade edition
>No Luna Wolves, Pale Nomads, Storm Walkers, Imperial Heralds, Dusk Raiders, War Hounds....

Literally who?

I can't hear you over the sound of the First Legion's giant footfalls.

Why do knock off Legions even try?

Sorry user, I'm , will take some pictures tomorrow for you if you don't mind mostly basecoated pieces. The Veletaris are closer to being finished I guess, but everything's largely WIP

damn, what a waste of 2nd edition bolters