warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

are all space marines closet homos

Nth for Bingo.

Third for Lorgar Aurelian

Just the word bearers

just the word bearers

Just the Word Bearers

just the bird wearers

Just the word bearers really. Why do you think their chapels had copious amounts of oil in them?

So, how bad is going with CAD or TH Thousand Sons Legion Tactics? Paying for the Mark is rough, but slightly offset by the free VotLW, but I would get access to the jumpy book and the Daemon weapon that may or may not go onto a raptor lord leading a talon.

I was thinking maybe Lost and the Damned, Terminator AF w/Sorc, Raptor Talon, and extra sorcerers. Either that, or just go with a Warband.

I'm mostly building from both HH sets.

Nah, just the Emperor's Children.

>Building from the HH sets
Just use 30k rules then. Wait for Inferno for Legion Tactics.

Nth for Steegion

Reading about the Imperial Guard has me excited to start playing IG. I can't wait to check out local stores and see if the players are cool or not, I really wanna buy some models and get painting them already.

EVERYONE
Is the new codex (1000 Sons) any good, is it a good value to buy the pack?
Are there rubric models anywhere?

Why? The two boxes are utter shit for 30k unless you spend another $1200 on forgeworld.

>mfw I'm surrounded by bitter warriors brothers
HAVE FAITH WORD BEARERS!

Go to the GW website.

Rules are meh to decent, Rubrics still overcosted.

It depends. The weakness of the Rubricae has always been small arms fire, and that remains true. They have gotten more options, and more awesome rules, but remain costed accordingly - which is to say, too many points for a model that dies to small arms fire.

It does Thousand Sons well, but Thousand Sons are a fundamentally flawed concept.

Its better than old 1ksons but you'll lose to all decent armies anyway cause you'll lack anti tank or have so few models you can't hold any objectives.
Decurion is survivable, but a you don't win with 35 models infantry

Have in mind that TS currently resemble GK but with less terminators and we don't know if they get the other toys from the codex CSM, so wait and see how it plays out, also traitor legions supplement might include more formations and shit for them than WoM.

I think Rubrics can get pretty decent with the relic that can make them jump infantry or loading up on flamers with an IC and the overwatch relic.

A word of advice: unless you are truly in love with the standard color scheme for your chosen regiment, experiment with paints until you find a color scheme you like and which is unique to you. You will enjoy your army more if it's something you personalized yourself and not just a copy of the pictures in the codex.

Take some time to think of your regiment, where it's from, what kind of combat doctrine they have, how you want to convert them, etc.

That's one, possibly two squads. That doesn't win games, especially without something like Objective Corrupted or Objective Secured behind it. That's an Allied Detachment at most, and even then it's an expensive one.

Is there any word on the rules for the new Exalted Sorcerers? I'm kind of anxious to see if I should buy three boxes and Ahriman and go a raping.

Mini characters, W2, ML3, 11 Disciplines.

He said "closet homos" not "flaming homosexual rapists"

So the answer is just the Word Bearers

Bad. Ass. How many points?

>That GSC square
Are they actually OP? Why?

As I looked through the regiments that already exist, I found the Elysian jump troopers. I wanted to do them but they're way too expensive. I think I'm going to do what you said and come up with my own regiment. I was already thinking of paint schemes but I'm not sure what I wanna do quite yet. Some greenish grey pants and a camo jacket perhaps, inspired by old Germans. Or something very fashionable yet unpractical. I'll give it some thought!
I look forward to giving them some neat little lore and playing out their stories.

Well, I have a chunk of models, and the rules are there, so I might as well. I have a fluff idea in mind anyway.

It would be cool to include occult terminators in an annihilation force, but I doubt you can. Maybe once they consolidate everything like you said.

Long story short, I don't mind just using the legion tactics.

160 base. They're expensive as balls.

True. Emperor's Children are definitely not in the closet about anything.

infiltrating with tons of rending, they can get into combat easily

I was going to ask something regarding the Dark Angels but then I forgot.

So I came up with another question.

I want to play a successor chapter, but my autism'll be triggered from all the DA icons. Wat do?

But close combats can just be blocked with tarpitters. This is literally shooty-est: the edition.

literally play a game against them before saying anything

They can summon units with free weapon upgrades of the sort you want that enter and shoot twice, or rending melee units that can assault from being summoned.

Wounded/poorly placed units can return to reserves, with the right formation the get d6 models back when they are summoned again.

You can't block them if they appear 6 inches behind their target and charge the same turn leaving the tarpit on the far side, and they can return to the shadows if a big blow is headed their way.

big blob*

with ws4/5, i4/5, and rending on a lot of units those tarpitters won't last long. i play with lots of daemonettes and i'm not sure i would be able to fight them off

Could I get some feedback on my 1850 Raptors list that I made? I am using the Talon Strike Force Decurion.

Pinion Demi-Company
Lias Issodon
Assault Squad w/ Jump Packs
Devestators w/ Lascannons
Scout Squad w/ Snipers
10 Man Tactical Squad w/ Grav Cannon
2x 10 Man Tactical Squad w/ Melta and Combi-Melta
2x Scout Squad
(The snipers are scouting for the devestators and I'm outflanking my two melta tacticals with the scouts)

1st Company Task Force
3x Sternguard Squad w/ Drop Pod and 5x Combi-Melta

Callidus Assassin

I picked up the Death Company Strike force a couple months back just to have a small allied DC force to my regular guys. Thinking about going in for a bit of a Blood Angel force. Is it worth it? Or am I fine with regular space marines and allied DC?

Magnus did nothing wrong.

Would this list be legal?

You're on the right track. The last thing you want, imo, is to invest a couple hundred bucks into the army and end up with a crudely-painted copy of the green and tan cadians, just like everyone else's cadians.

You might also want to look at some of the other GW plastic sets and find some kits that you can kitbash together with IG for a more unique look. Space Marine scouts, Age of Sigmar Empire men at arms, Skitarii, chaos cultists, tempestus scions, tau infantry, etc. all have compatible looks and are the same size. Mixing them into your conversions will definitely make your army look different.

Sekhmet Conclave seems pretty good. T5 2+/3++ with mass AP3 at 40 points per model. And every squad comes with a mini-HQ, who is a psyker with access to all disciplines.

Main weakness is the lack of anti-tank and AP2, really, though you can take predator annihilators as an auxiliary choice to compensate for this.

>tarpitters

Protip: Genestealer Cults are capable of Sisters of Battle tier flamethrower spam.

Yeah but if the rules are awesome enough you can just take the formation with Ahriman and the Sorcerers and run a big fat psychic deathstar with whatever other chaos shit you want.

they're orders of magnitude better at it than sisters

They're not, netlist shitters are just fucking bad and don't know how to play when something metashifting shows up and no one has spelled out a new OP auto-pilot list for dealing with them. They have some neat tricks and will stomp all over garbage tier armies like Orks but that's not really a high bar to cross and doesn't in and of itself make something OP. Eldarfags with minmax lists that rely on mobility get hardcountered and everyone is still buttravaged by Eldar being too stronk so they think anything that can beat the elfwank is also retard-strong but it's more like a case of rock-paper-scissors where eldar was paper and scissors didn't exist yet until the Genestealer Codex.

The only thing about them that is straight up OP is the summoning but they can't do that as well as daemons and even when they build the list around it they can't compete with the amount of free points Space Marines get right at the start. So yeah if you're playing in a casual meta don't spam Magi, and you should be generally okay.

Basically everyone just looks at the stats of Acolytes and Purestrains when they hit combat but they don't realize that, even with the chance to pop up and immediately charge (which is usually a one-in-6 chance, or one-in-three at best on anything more than a single unit) you can still fuck them over by just lrning2bubblewrap, or, in the case of purestrains, sitting in cover since they still hilariously lack assault grenades. It's all a matter of smart deployment and positioning.

>They can summon units with free weapon upgrades of the sort you want that enter and shoot twice
BS 3 units with only a 1-in-6 chance of doing this and a 1-in-3 chance of walking onto the board and not being forced to snap fire from the wrong position.

1/2

>Wounded/poorly placed units can return to reserves, with the right formation the get d6 models back when they are summoned again.
They can't go back if there's an enemy unit within 6" which is usually where they want to be since they're a melee army, and getting back an average of 3 guardsman-strength models every time you lose an entire turn and having to rely on less than 50/50 odds RNG that you can even charge when you come back is not really that broken.

>You can't block them if they appear 6 inches behind their target and charge the same turn leaving the tarpit on the far side
Then you're the idiot who put your tarpit out of position knowing they have the ability to pop up anywhere, like I said earlier, lrn2bubblewrap

This is a fucking joke, the fact that they can spam S 3 AP 6 handflamers which 5 out of 6 times are too far away to get decent coverage on enemy models doesn't put them anywhere close to sisters.

Have the formations leaked yet?

Oh there once was a primarch named Magnus the Red who went flying to Terra with tidings of dread...

>destroying the webway and making the Emperor go like "yep Magnus just doomed humanity"
>nothing wrong
user please

No news there.

Veeky Forums is perpetually terrified of paper dragons and unlikely to change their opinion as they don't even play.

>They're not, netlist shitters are just fucking bad and don't know how to play when something metashifting shows up and no one has spelled out a new OP auto-pilot list for dealing with them.
This sounds very much like the classic Tau player "Tau aren't bad, they lose to melee and you have to know how to target prioritize".

Yes.

What? Where's the T5 come from? I haven't seen any of the new formations.

i ffound it

Is that the champions of Fenris detachment?
>yes
Then yes

I DEMAND MOAR

The difference is that melee tends to be objectively worse than shooting in a broad number of ways and Tau have huge units with beefy stats in mobility, ranged firepower, AND durability all for undercosted price, AND they have a built-in army wide special rule to make them better at countering the thing that is supposedly their counter.

Genestealers have multiple clear weaknesses that can be exploited and don't really have countermeasures to their counters beyond "try to summon more shit after you just lost 30 guys to drop pod flamers and ignores cover large blasts". Sometimes they can pull it off but it's not consistent enough to make them one of the really OP armies.

Where they really shine is Maelstrom games where they can attempt to win on objectives, but this generally still requires you to outplay your opponent rather than just bring a stronk netlist. Any Taufag with a half-functioning brain can plop down 5 Riptides and a couple drone networks and go to fucking town.

I've seen GSC handily table cheesy Eldar by turn 3.

It's like you didn't read the post you responded to where that was directly addressed.

>Eldarfags with minmax lists that rely on mobility get hardcountered and everyone is still buttravaged by Eldar being too stronk so they think anything that can beat the elfwank is also retard-strong but it's more like a case of rock-paper-scissors where eldar was paper and scissors didn't exist yet until the Genestealer Codex.

And it's not even Eldar themselves that are the paper in the RPS analogy, just the popular Eldar lists. The Codex can be tuned to play a more fair game that is less vulnerable to Cult Ambush.

What is the best limit?
What is your favorite?

Best:1500
Favorite: 1250

Is this the appropriate thread to discuss Kill Team? Do any anons here have interest in discussing it, or have anything to share with regards to it?

Best: 1250
Favorite: 1001

Also saw Tau get fucked. SM seems to be the only top army able to counter.

>destroying the webway and making the ADB go like "yep Magnus just doomed humanity"
FTFY

It's fine to talk about it here. They have their own general, but it's still 40k.

I agree that Genestealers are only really OP on maelstrom games, but they dominate maelstrom something fierce.

>after you just lost 30 guys to drop pod flamers and ignores cover large blasts
GSC MSU means you'll be wasting solo combi-flamer shots on mook units at best, and what ignores cover large blast is going to survive the first turn against an army with easy access to infiltrating tank-busters?

Unless you explicitly tailor your list to function against cults and absolutely nothing else, they're ridiculously strong, if also entirely reliant on random chance thanks to the way their ambush works. They are rightly considered a top tier book.

...and the magus did badger plans the Emprah had made, as he ruined the Webway and Great Crusade...

...Then he went quiet, this Magnus the Red, when met with his father, the gold man who said...

One win isn't a verdict on power levels.

I've also seen GSC lose to Eldar, and Tau, and... wait for it... Imperial Guard. I've seen them crush a War Convocation and then get beaten out by KDK.

You need to factor in the player skill on both sides, the random nature of a game based on dice rolling, and get a larger sample size. Saying "they messed up Tau once" isn't enough data.

Also, not saying GSC are weak either. They're solidly upper-mid to lower-top tier, but I don't think being around 7th or 8th on the scale really makes an army "OP". In the hands of a really strong player they devastate, in the hands of a scrub who can't think ahead they get massacred. That's really where any army ought to be.

>weakness of rhubic
>always been small arms fire

Triggered

> Not just building melee lists of Dreadnoughts/Honour Guard to deal with GSC.

Bruh, gene stealers suffer the same problem as orks. They're a dedicated melee army that sucks against other army's dedicated melee units. Have you ever seen a GSC list get fucking tabled by a space marine melee list?

I've brought a list against GSC that consisted entirely of an Eversor Assassin, 2 Dreadnoughts, some sternguard in a razorback, and a captain hanging around with a 10-man honour guard squad. The GSC dude brought his whole decurion, complete with respawning squads, and he still got tabled.

Currently building an HoR list. It stands poised for a 200 campaign starting build with:

Leader [50]
>Sicarian Infiltrator Princeps (45)
>>Either Taser/Flechette or Sword/Carbine, it's magnetized and a free swap anyway
>>Refractor Field (5)
Core [90]
>Vanguard x5 (45)
>Vanguard x5 (45)
Special [60]
>Secutarii Peltast x5 (60)

Seems like a strong start with a good pool of wounds, but I'm wondering if I should instead take some heavier specials like a Dragoon. I'm lacking in hefty firepower as of now even though the Vanguard and Peltasts can fill the field with cheap shots and extra wounds.

And to clarify, I'm not a huge fan of the Cult Mechanicus models available to me, even though some of those heavy weapon servitors

...oh you cast and you scry and arcane tomes do you read, and now this shit with the Nikaean Creed...

7th or 8th? The only strong factions are SM, Daemons, Tau, and Eldar. Maybe necron.

>even though some of those heavy weapon servitors

... Have good weapons on them.

Damn hit post before finished.

Sekhmet Conclave gives a unit +1 toughness as long as it's within 6" of 2 other units from the formation.

Toughness 8 Magnuses for everyone!

Best: 1500
Favorite: 1500

What we started with as a group all those years ago.

>Favorite: 1001

You're one cheeky cunt

Where's that user who was developing the 1 on 1 game mode with HQs? I only remember that they got double wounds and had like a 250pt limit or something. It was like Blood Arena or something.

>Thinks 8pt models with 4 attacks on the charge and rending at S4 I4 WS4 arent effective against melee

so this game never happened did it? They're almost as good as Harlequin for it.

How is this going to actually be useful? And how much is that costing you points wise?

Space Wolves are up there unless you include them under SM, as are AdMech.

Huh. Neat. That's pretty cool. Where are the formations?

>Toughness
>Mattering on Magnus ever
It's meant for the Scarab Occult.

...And so then came burning and yiffing most real, as the Sons of Russ charged in full of zeal...

>They're a dedicated melee army
No they aren't.

>that sucks against other army's dedicated melee units
They're quite good against other dedicated melee units, but more importantly they're cheap as chips, have built-in methods of crossing the table safely AND have easy (and similarly inexpensive) access to anti-tank weapons.

>yeah well my dreadnought list
I can't tell if you're being ironic or just actually being bad please stop Veeky Forums this is too much for me at 3AM aaaahhhh

Are DE Grotesques allowed in Kill Team?
I don't have access to the DE codex at the moment.

Magnus is 650, formation is minimum 3 terminator units, so +750

= 1400pts base

Making him immune to str 4 might be worthwhile at some point, though he'll likely be swooping most of the time so he's not going to be within 6"

Right here!

...and the faggot named Magnus was buttsore for suuuuuure, when he was bent over and made Russ' red whore!

Now that I post that I realize the formation we were talking about isn't there.

In any case it's a Core formation comprised of:
1 x Magnus/Ahriman/Exalted Sorcerer

3-9 x Scarab Occult Terminators

Any unit within 6" of 2 other units from this formation gets +1 toughness.

love that guys face

>10 models for 1400 points
I'm gonna end up just running Magnus with demons aren't I?

The downfall of the Scarab Occult Terminators is the sorcerer that they have to take with them.

If you were to take the sorcerer by itself, it'd be 60+25+25+15 (base+terminator armour+extra ML+Mark of Tzeentch), or 125pts.

This means the terminators are only ~30pts each, which is pretty good for Fearless 4+ invuln termies with ap3 bolters.

If you could just take the terminators by themselves at that price, they'd be decent. Not OP, but decent.

>War Sehkt
>Requires Magnus

Why would suggest that to me?

Oh, my bad. T5 would be good. Even better if they get combi. I assume I could use the HH terminators as occult termies because they're older looking.

capped for posterity