Fallout Florida

So I'm currently writing up a Fallout florida campaign using elements from fountain of dreams and the canceled fallout tactics 2. Also as a local floridian I think there is a lot of potential for interesting fallout locations, such as Disney, the everglades and kennedy space center. I would like to run some ideas by you guys as well see if you have any good ideas for quests/sertings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=oSa_Zu77Tdo
youtube.com/watch?v=d4oNDwagy_4
abc.net.au/news/2007-06-28/florida-man-shot-in-head-complains-of-headache/83320
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/11/florida-man-shoots-himself---but-doesnt-notice-until-days-later/
clickorlando.com/news/florida-man-high-on-flakka-attacked-officer-said-he-was-god-had-sex-with-tree-police-say
miaminewtimes.com/news/drunk-florida-man-tries-to-use-taco-as-id-after-his-car-catches-fire-at-taco-bell-6535056
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Dreams
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So the plot premise for those interested is that a group of followers of the apocalypse finder a geck that has has been breached with radiation and activate it. The geck then covers the Florida wasteland with mutant plant life the is as deadly as it is beautiful. Amongst the new life if a fungus that infects people similar to vault 22 from new vegas, key difference is it affects all living things including ghouls mutants and other irradiated animals. They also seem to work together to spread their infection, as they are controlled in a telepathic network hive mind with the the prime host (one of the followers) calling the shots. Said prime hosts has gone crazy due to the fungal infection and has become a instance plant Lady(similar to Harold from f3) and refers to herself as new gaia. Her goal is to end all conflict and save the earth my uniting all sentient life within her hive mind while making Plant and flesh one.

The players arrive in search for the fountain of life( a misunderstanding from the fountain of youth legend) in hopes of finding a cure for the mutated fungal infection before it can spread across the wasteland.

Disney World would be a setting by itself

Tbh op that sounds fucking hilarious.

You have to give one of the players a crazy variant of the 'mysterious stranger' perk.

The perk will be called Florida Man. All of that players critical successes and failures will instead be caused by Florida Man arriving and ruining everything for someone.

"user Rolls a 20! Florida man emerges from the swamp and throws an alligator at the mook!"

Yeah I would probably make the quests around that one centered around various factions fighting for control of the whole park. Each faction would be based off the park they are centered in and they would worship Disney characters with mascots acting as priests.

HA! I love that. Will definitely use

He would always wear stained whitey tightness and bathrobe, and leaves behind a pile of chems whenever he disappears.

Instead of the mysterious stranger music he would get this youtube.com/shared?ci=oSa_Zu77Tdo

Worshipers of Donald are berserkers while Scrooge guys have the most expensive gear around?

Some say he's a Ghoul, beneath those tattered robes. Some say he's a Super Mutant who ate too much Mentats and fried his brain. Some say that he's actually several people inheriting the title 'Florida Man'.
But all agree that he only appears in Florida, and that he is chaos personified. And that he will appear again, even after you killed him.

>Also as a local floridian
My condolences.

That's the idea. Plus they would have stuff based in the park, Amina kingdom would have tamed Yao guais and such, epcot would have lasers and space suits etc.

To make matters the locals refer to my part of Florida as "Flori-Bama"

I'm stealing that as actual npc dialogue. Thanks user

Other things I plan on including the followig: Ghoul pirates (dressed as old school pirates) terrorizing Bay towns, tribes of mutant man eating gator men, lost treasure of a long dead rum runner, and a hunt for the legendary skunk ape.

Ran a Fallout: Miami game for a couple of months OP, feel free to jack some ideas. The idea of a corrupted GECK was pretty much spot on

>Disney(fallout disney whatever) had androids on par with the Institute
>Alligators were only slightly affected by the FEV and became fuckoff huge animals the size of trains called Radigators - People had to use .50 Cals and the occasional Fat Man to hunt them
>Disney had a group of eight androids trying to influence things in the area with Miami, they failed when Disney got overrun by plantmonsters
>Plant monsters were spreading around the seeds for a useful plant that could be used to easily mass produce stimpacks but had the side effect of making people unable to naturally heal EXCEPT with those specific plants, forcing them to rely on them and possibly come to the source for it
>Enclave had a base there but got BTFO by Miami's army who drowned them in corpses, now only have very few remnants
>Miami itself is a constantly alive party city just like before the war, but hell of a lot more dangerous because there ain't no vice here to save you nigga

I like the stuff with the Disney androids. Definitely going to use some of this. I was going to make miami pretty much as you described but with a group inspired by Cuban communism known as the "New Guevarra" fighting the gangsters. Mostly cause I think a scarface vs Castro scenario would be hilarious.

So what do you guys think I should do with the Kennedy space center? At first I was going to make it a BOS base but that seemed too obvious and could ruin the potential of something more interesting. Problem is that I can't think of anything else.

Some say there is a cult of Him somewhere around. They use a homemade hooch and cheap chems as offerings, in his Name do the most depraved, insane and suicidal rituals, from fucking an mutant gator to trying to kill a a man in power armor with a rusty knife while wearing a pair of trunks.

A cult similar to a Hubologists, calling themselves Kennedys. They all hope to make Ground Control operational again.

>Fallout florida
I love swamp and bayou atmosphere, also a nice contrast to the general Mad-Max style desert post-apocalypse.

youtube.com/watch?v=d4oNDwagy_4

lol that's great. You remind me of close buddy I know, you two seem to have the same style of humor.

Agreed. I also think post apocalyptic sea travel could be interesing.

That's pretty good. I might just go with that

>A cult similar to a Hubologists, calling themselves Kennedys. They all hope to make Ground Control operational again.

"So, who of you guys is the one in charge here?"
"Oh, you want to speak to Major Tom in the Control Center."

I wonder what you could do with swamp gases. Perhaps toxic cloud hazards that can be refined into drugs with specialized machinery?

Airboats, you got to hve airboats

How about combative airboat races? The PC's can even compete in a tournament

ALL MY YES!

I faintly remember a suggestion from rpg.net to have some people force mutated to be amphibious to deal with the Vault being under the water table, therefore constantly flooding.

I had a quest idea that would incorporate that. In the city pensacola there is legend that the lighthouse is haunted. The premise of the quest would center around rumors that people visiting the lighthouse at night would see a ghost in a fog before seeing various hallucinations and passing out before waking up but naked on the beach. The ghost was going to be a hologram and the frog was going to be the fog gas pumped though a fog machine so that the owner can steal people loot and blame the ghost. Probably going to have a rusted out van nearby with the bones of a great dane.

>have some people force mutated to be amphibious to deal with the Vault being under the water table
I mean generally everything goes in Fallout, but personally that seems a tad too far for me.

An underwater vault sounds pretty cool. Kind of a lost city of Atlantis vibe. I'm going to use that

As per every fallout game there is more then a few vaults. Any ideas for vault tech experiments?

I was thinking of one were they filled the vault with authors, musicians, and painters and poisoned there food supplies with LSD. Leaving the players to stumble on there very strange works of art.

Twist, Florida man is sheogorath on vacation.

Just kidding, there could never be a rational explanation to Florida man. He just is.

A Vault specifically designed by daughter of Head of local Vault-Tec office.
It's filled with typical girly stuff, overseer is named "princess" regardless of gender and everything is designed to look and feels like a toy ye olde castle.

With a sleeping, agitated, and highly intelligent deathclaw/gator as dragon whose sole purpose is to kidnap princesses and steal treasures.

OP signing off. So long and thanks for all the fish

Pirates... there needs to be Pirates if the party veers to the coasts. Also a Robco Themed Epcot equivalent could be awesome and potentially hilarious. Since you could take Mr. House's vision for the future and just run with it. Hell the party could find a holotape that is a parody of those 1960's Walt Disney presentations but done with Mr. House. It could also be interesting exploring a Robco facility that didn't get persevered after the Great War.

Zoiks!

Modern Florida could already easily be used as a Fallout setting with very little addition considering how nuts the people there are.

Instead of culture having been the 50s forever fashion in fallout florida is the 80s forever. Go full on mami vice with chemical running ghouls dressed in worn pastel suits.

>get hired by a sheriff to help clear some zeds
>think that you'll be hunting feral ghouls
>nope, instead you spend the night by blasting away meth heads high on bath salts

Honestly, I would prefer shoot feral ghouls than a meth junkies. Much, much safer.

Another plot hook:
>Owner of the local bar wanna help you clear out the squatters.
> Turns out those squatters are ghoul junkies who seems didn't understand or care about their condition. They just wanna a fix, man. Lefty will not abandon them, does he?
>Said lefty is dead for about century.
>Those ghouls just wanna their fix and will be very pissed if it not get them high.

Look at the Tunnelers

If there's not at least one mention of Publix you're doing it wrong.

Dunno how big you plan to make the playable area, but consider using maps like this as loose inspiration to capture the feel of various zones

Florida man forcefully ejaculates in the mutants eye from his hidden vantage point, causing the mutant to be stunned. Florida man then slams his cock ring enhanced dick (the cock ring is an empty plastic beer can ring ala sea turtle strangulation) into the mutants eye socket repeatedly while screaming the lyrics to Hawaiian Christmas by Bing Crosby at the top of his lungs until the mutant dies.

What's the deal with interstate 4?

I lived in Florida as a kid. I 4 is bordered by abandoned semi trucks sinking into the mud, rusted out appliances and other vehicles. It just fucking sucks.

Florida Man resists bullets.

abc.net.au/news/2007-06-28/florida-man-shot-in-head-complains-of-headache/83320

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/11/florida-man-shoots-himself---but-doesnt-notice-until-days-later/

And tasers:
clickorlando.com/news/florida-man-high-on-flakka-attacked-officer-said-he-was-god-had-sex-with-tree-police-say

Just make sure you bring the correct form of ID:
miaminewtimes.com/news/drunk-florida-man-tries-to-use-taco-as-id-after-his-car-catches-fire-at-taco-bell-6535056

I know it might be a bit Bethesda-tier of a concept, but potentially a town of ghoulified old people could be interesting, with a lot of memories of the Pre-War United States. A collection of old once-retired academics, politicians and business people, just as long as its taken seriously and not in a shitty "LOOK GUIZ ITS ALL OLD PEEPOL THEY SO OLD N STUFF EN THARE ZUMBIEZ SO HILARIOUS RITE GUIZ?" that Bethesda would pull, with tons of slapstick humour "BECAUSE THEY'RE OLD LOOK YOU NEED TO GO FIND THE OLD GUYS DENTURES CUZ HES OLD RIGHT ITS LIKE LITTLE LAMPLIGHT BUT WITH OLD PEOPLE", or done in an actual interesting manner due to having people who have seen centuries go by, watching the world change in front of their eyes, from a properous country, to a the mess that was before the war with the lack of resources, to watching their whole world get destroyed before their eyes, and having to deal with the fact that they've seen everything around them fall apart. Could have some interesting things happen, like have one old man who wants to see what happened to his children and grandchildren after the war, having found their charred skeletons in the rubble of their homes, causing him to want to end his life, but being prevented from doing so by the rest of the community, lots of moral questioning involving life and mortality and all that jazz.

Just write your own damn fan fiction, man.

What an odd thing to say to an user giving his honest two cents on a potential plot hook.

always love it when my homestate comes up, I take perverse in it and living here.

anyways one thing you can do is have a faction of post apocalyptic conquistadors holed up in the castillo de san marcos in St.Augustine sort of like a Caesars legion.

A possible element of disneyworld for this setting is having a bunch of different companies representing their pop sci technology. So, just as disneyworld had early, expensive virtual reality, vault tech has an exposition/ attraction in the park that's these vr helmets that also give off various scents and chem injections to brainwash the user. Thus, the park is now filled with psychotic people in high tech vault suits and helmets that make them think they are fighting an eternal war against the dirty commies.

Another expo is a robco hall of presidents type deal with protections in powdered wigs and such. They've lost any knowledge of who they actually are and now just hangout and bitch about the state of the country.

I'm trying to think of other weird super science they tried to show off at Disney back in the 50's and 60s and I'm drawing a blank.

Well for one thing, EPCOT was supposed to be an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, before that was canned and it was turned into a theme park. Maybe in the Fallout universe the project was a success? Or maybe it was too borderline commie for the US to tolerate, and was shut down? Maybe a group of survivors are now trying to make Walt's vision a reality?

Maybe Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen?

Welp, third faction of the park are the weird cargo cult survivors in the closed off ruins of the community of tomorrow that was shitcanned both for being too commie and because vault tech didn't want competition. So, what does a pseudo communist, Walt Disney style community of tomorrow with super experimental high tech stuff look like? Better than a vault tech vault? Worse?

How about the Conch Republic as a naval power to the south?

The great Barrier reef has been greatly affected by FEV and mutant coral has begun to crawl on land. Touching the coral is poisonous to the person touching it, and is as invasive to the beaches as ice plant. Sharks and other sea creatures have developed pseudo leg joints in their fins and have started waddling on land, making land sharks and land fish that are amphibious.

St Augustine is a beautiful town to boot. And the St. Augustine Gator farm would make a great place for intelligent Radigators of all species.

The coast will be terrorized by a group called the dead Bay pirates, there will be rot beard, a ghoul in painted black power armor with a jolly Roger on the chest, he would not wear a helmet but instead wear a fake beard and pirate hat. His goal is one of vengeance against the CTA (coastal trade alliance) for their anti ghoul policies. Back when the CTA was being started his ghoul wife was in up and coming member but her competition (under the guise of racism) got an angry mob together and killed her. " She may of been a ghoul but she was just as beautiful as the day I met her. Before the war....before all this....but all those bastards could see was a damn zombie."

After his wife was killed he attacked the CTA HQ by himself and lost. He barely escaped, wondering the wastes confused and wounded until je stumbled on an old movie set for "Pirates of the Gulf". He retrofitted an intact pirate ship with modern weapons and began his violent campaign against the rest of humanity.

I like that. Though I think I will have the conquistadors will try to aide the party in theory quest for the fountain of life.

>Pensacola

Jesus dude, I went to A school down there. that place was shit

Former Miami fag here, whose also mused a Fallout Florida setting. I figured that Miami would would have some issues with flooding, for sure. With it's proximity to (((communist))) Cuba, I figured that there would be a HEAVY amount of pre-war, anti-red propaganda around the city, and a fair bit of former military equipment. The war could have caused hurricanes down there to be rather strong and radioactive, so it would be a bit more battered than your average city. There's a huge disparity between the rich and poor in Miami today, it would be interesting to see that in the buildings and lore, and how it's now all equal under decay. The language would by the wastelanders would probably be very muddled between Spanish and English. But maybe in the Fallout world, Latinos better assimilated? There's a lot of options with that city, let alone Orlando. Honestly, a quest or two by Cuba could be really interesting.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific system that you're using?

There is a fallout PnP system I found online. But I might make a d20 variant by using the same skill system as the games but deciding bonuses by dividing by by, for example a 57 small guns skills would be a plus 5 to hit as well as any bonuses the gives you. I will include masterwork weapons and mods for additional bonuses. Take a master 10mm would have a plus 1 for masterwork and a reflex sight for additional plus 1. The player with the 57 small guns would basically have a plus 7.

You KNOW you have to have cryo-frozen Walt Disney show up right?

Go and find Fountain of Dreams.

It's all you will ever need for post-apo Florida

Ya gotta make sure that the locals ride Mutated Alligators through the groves of wild swamp oranges while on there way to the local Publix.

>Mutated Alligators
Sound like some boss as shit.
Instead of 13ft, they 26-40 with multiple heads.
Maybe have a moby dick esque 60+ foot albino one rumored to be out there.

Gotta add in the trading post of Jackass Junction. (It wasn't renamed to Yeehaw Junction until the 1950's.)

If you're interested, I highly recommend checking out 'Happiest Wasteland On Earth', which was a Fate-based campaign run in the Fallout-verse. Had some real good stuff, but the main stuff was:

Psuedo-Disneyland is ground zero for a GECK that's been jury-rigged by ghouls to irradiate the surrounding area so's they can have a safe haven.

The local water park is run by a group of raiders all following the theme of 'The Frog Prince', himself a mutated dude who never skipped leg day.

BoS are all up in the space program, trying to follow up on some old intel of 'taking back the moon' from someone (probably the Chinese).

A 'Dinner & Tourney' restaurant's robotic knights all going a bit funny and wandering into the wastes to relive their Arthurian legends (Lance-O being the PC who started this whole line of madness) and discovering their actual purpose.

I'm missing a fuckload of stuff, but yeah. It's a good one.

I can dig it.
Sort of a "White Person only, Make America Great Again" sort of villain.

With adorable animitronic death bots.

You are correct sir it is indeed shit. Escambia County is actually the poorest County in the state.

I can imagine groups of Tribal's that would ride said Mutated Alligators around.
Also Publix would still totes exist considering they opened up back in the 1930's.

Heh. Maybe have two communities sprout up around the bombed out campuses of the University of Florida and the Florida State University? The two communities rival one another and fight in elaborate war games each season where there best warriors don the ancient colors and fight one another in the ancient stadiums that dot the wasteland?

>The two communities rival one another and fight in elaborate war games each season where there best warriors don the ancient colors and fight one another in the ancient stadiums that dot the wasteland?
I'm thinking some elaborate blood sport that determines which caste is dominant in the next year.

Ah, that sounds like it'll serve nicely!

This has either got to be just a ghoulifying pit of rads, or a little hub of advanced medical technology.

Y'all mean Winn-Dixie, right...?

It would be hilarious if wastelanders mistook Daytona racing as an event where you're supposed to crash into each other. The community with the last standing automobile wins.

>Winn-Dixie
I know what I said.

I can dig it. Maybe have two warring nations of tribals.

One who's sure that Deathball is the correct way to determine which tribe leads. And the other who's convinced only Day-ton-a-death Racing is the the right way. Maybe some comedic lilliputian big-end little-end shenanigans.

>This has either got to be just a ghoulifying pit of rads, or a little hub of advanced medical technology.
It's both

Seriously, you never heard about Fountain of Dreams?

>Seriously, you never heard about Fountain of Dreams?
Never heard about it either.
Google isn't particularly helpful either.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Dreams

Literally first hit I had and I also never had about it.

have a Hatfield's and McCoy's scenario but the inbred mutated rednecks fight because they either live in Winn-Dixie's or Publix.