Well played GW, cannot unlearn

Just read Horus Heresy: Betrayer. Good book, 10/10, the best characters were by far Kharn and Lotara Sarrin.

Whenever I get done reading a 40k book, I like going through it again and looking at the different symbolism and name meanings - like how "ursus" is Latin for "bear", bears being a popular motif for berserkers of legend (as "ber" was literally "bear" in old norse).

I couldn't find anything for Kharn's name, unfortunately, but I did find some on Lotara Sarrin's. "Sarin" is the name of a potent chemical weapon of mass destruction, which really fits her personality (DESTROY THEM ALL). "Lotara" is a first-person singular of the word "lotar", which is a verb meaning to cram, pack, or be crammed or packed into, sometimes meaning to be filled with people. That... doesn't make any sense, though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and there's no hidden mea-

Oh.

OH.

Oh my God Emperor.

Not entirely sure what your getting at, are you saying its a Holocaust reference?

Have you read Betrayer? It's never explicitly stated, but hinted at several times that Lotara and Kharn are a thing.

Oh right well you said the first bit was chemical weapons and the second bit was being crammed with people so i just thought gas chambers maybe I've just spent too much time on pol

OY VEY
GW needs to make 40k more progressive unless they want me to sue for emotional damage.

Sex was never so tender and caring.

So she got gan banged by space marines who used their unnaturally large man meat to cram her every hole thereby filling her with people?

Betrayer is one of the only HH books I read more than once and every time is see threads threads like this, I think one thing - you neckbeards need to get fucking laid or soon you'll claim Malcador was secretly Emperor's waifu.

That would be the ca/tg/irls pet theory actually.

>I couldn't find anything for Kharn's name, unfortunately,
Isn't it Arabic for Betrayer? Or at least I heard that somewhere.

ADB has a habit of adding waifus to his books.

I want to like this comic but Kharn was the one who put the bloody hand on Lotara's chest.

spacemarines ain't got no dicks, so i'm sure what you imply he would be cramming

>couldn't find anything for Kharn's name,
It means Betrayer in turkspeak

also it sounds like khorn which is probably the only reason he's called that in the first place

>sm no dicks
Wasn't it the very first hh novel that talks in the very beginning already about how that remembrancer chick looks at the lunar wolf guy and goes "holy shit he has a huge dick"
Also Bjorn canonically still hits on chicks out of his sarcophagus

but HH isn't canon

I'm sorry, but Veeky Forums isn't for brown people, Tyrone

I come from the 90s, they were good times. The lore was legit back then, not full of fan-wank.

author: hmm how do i make this character interesting in a compelling way? oh i know!

"and then some chick ogled his dick and was super impressed"

> All this Talk of Shipping fucking Kharn, the Betrayer, The Kahn Of the Khornates, Mr. Blood 'n Skulls, the The poster child for "it doesn't matter where the blood flows from so long as it flows", the Big Bad Axeman, the truest adherent to the Chaos god of Murder hobos.
>People are un-ironically shipping him with some other Chaos waifu character, not eve as occasional hate-sex buddies, but In a fucking romantic relationship

When the fuck did we turn into Tumblr Veeky Forums?

Even mass-murderers have loved ones, user.

Actually, a lot of them managed to charm several wives. Most of them, now that I think about it.

we have always been Tumblr, search your feeling you know it's true

not Kharn man, battle is his only love

We're not nearly as bad as /co/, though. I see Veeky Forums as the most neutral on the spectrum. We're not quite Tumblr, not quite /pol/.

mostly true, although you won't find anyone more based than /m/

friggin love betrayer. love all of aaron's works. betrayer is a favorite bc its hrd to find good works about kharn with actual substance. good read OP