You a shit.

>chaos with hand flamers
>this triggers the blood angel

4th for Blood Angels.

You think so? Check this out.

Tzzeench strike again!

>silver with very dark blue/yellow chevrons
>this triggers the iron warriors

Well thats some interesting lore right there. Definitely no redeemed Magnus now bois.

I hate that rusemiester with everything i have in me.

>>Everyone else was saying Dec or Jan

Nobody was saying this. There was a little wishlisting rumor that in Dec they will release a plastic cannoness as "teaser" but this was never reliable.

Kelly said soon and the Raziel guy here on TG came up with the Jan/Feb thing

R8 my captains

user if you have the book does it go into the Thousand Sons numbers? Or explain the retconned Rubric?

9/10

The Relic Blade looks daft with the shield.

No he fucking did not. I said February, for months. Even made a bet with a guy where he'd have to make an all Grot army if I was right.

>artwork from bookof tzeench marines
>1/4 of the picture is a greater deamon of khorn
J..just as planned....

Nice, i love the relic blade/sheild guy, look heroic as fuck

Thnx user.

The plasma / fist one is just for fun, the other two I like to use in games

I know but it's a rules vacuum that allows you to take a storm shield with the two handed relic blade.

WYSIWYG? Otherwise I still don't like the shield.

so Veeky Forums which of the chaos gods do you think watches over us?

That is liturally an old recycled bit nice work GW, nice work

Nicely dynamic, nicely varied. Hoping for a great paintjob and basing! Keep us updated, user!

Pretty horrifying tbqh

Has anyone leaked screenshots of the new Daemon stuff in WOM?

Yeah. The sword guy can be proxied to use a power sword , relic blade (the case in the miniature) or the burning blade.

I used that shield because a skull with the halo around it is the badge of my chapter, otherwise I prefer the long shields to the square ones.

I've seen enough henti...
you are dumb

khorne, it explains why some anons are always so angry

Well that makes it a bit more excusable. The other 2 look pretty dope though.

Khorne.

Explains the nerdrage.

I painted my first model in roughly 5 years yesterday. It took me roughly 4-5 hours, and I have 39 more of these bad boys to go. What do you guys think?
kill me

This is a nicely vibrant scheme. If only there was a way to base these miniatures in a fitting manner! If only there were worlds that they frequently would inhabit that could be decorated wildly different with a lot of visually interesting elements, based on the whims of the creator!

Doing Tzeentch's work.
Thanks!

I started to collect Tau some time ago, shortly before the Riptide was released but the loss of my job forced me to stop.
I'm planning on getting back into it with an all robot Tau army. Just the mechs of all sizes, no tanks or footsloggers.

I've heard a lot of opinions, both good and bad, about it and was wondering where the truth is. Would I been seen as a WAAC player or something?

>a unit of 11-20 blue horrors generates 2 warp charges instead of 1

Not bad/10 honestly.

Cause I didn't link to you I'll ask again.

If you have the book does it go into the Thousand Sons numbers? Or explain the retconned Rubric?

Pretty ok

>still can split after pinks are wiped out
>forced into one big group
silver linings

Not if you do it in a fun way. (Ergo, not too many Riptides/Stormsurges.)
Also, make sure you find a fun theme to tie the robot army together!

Rate my fluffy Blue Berry?

From a lore point of view, he's a rogue Shas'ui that was disowned by the Tau Empire and now he can be glimpsed on the skirts of the battlefield lending aid in whatever way he can. He loathes the Ethereals and their practices, but endeavours to work towards a true greater good.

I don't have the book, just posting leaks.

Do you know what's coming?
Or is it just 'Sisters'

Working on an illustration of a Salamander. If anybody here notices something off about the armor details that's particularly... heinous I guess, I'd appreciate it.

Or flame my ass if this isn't the kind of thread for this stuff.

thanks guys, I honestly thought it would turn out a lot worse since the only other models I've ever painted were some battle for mcgraig(?) nids I did when I was like 13-14, and they are truely the embodiment of underage fags painting models. 0 attention to detail, no thinned paints etc. For these guys I'm going for a wild west in space sort of feel, I'm pretty proud of myself desu

Can anyone post the contents of the new Deathwatch box?

It looks nice, but you might want to add some sort of feathers to frame his face or some other touch to make his silhouette more imposing, to add weight to him as a character. That, and to make the base nicely decorated, so that it makes the miniature (ironically) stand out.

Combined Admech codex confirmation/release date fucking when

Typically terminators carry their ranged weapon in their right hand and powerfist on their left.

Very nice. The shapes of the Terminator armour is a little too... womanly, i'd say. The roundness of the knee joint particularly.
Also, you might want to add some iconography, or piece of scale-mail; I thought it was a Death Guard. Be sure to post your progress, user!

thats obviously a genestealers cult guy jangling the keys to those pimpmobiles they had a long time ago

games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathwatch-Overkill-EN
This box?

Cool
Also, you can ask here for painting techniques and tips, and in your games workshop store I assume too

Just learn to batch paint and you'll be able to do all 40 in about that time.

Dark Mechanicum.

>xenos or chaos
>getting more than 1 new release/year

kek

No, the new box set for Christmas.

At least they can't generate from Daemonology anymore.

>Possession look I get a D-Thrister AND 22 Blue Horrors

Abaddon is coming in January, so you're already wrong.

And WHO are you? Or why did you said Feb? Is it just a feeling or do you know... mooooore?

A death star command squad I'm assembling just for fun and casual games.

The apothecary is missing and the guy with one arm is missing the banner, as I dont yet have a command squad box for the parts.

How does that make me already wrong, retard.

Abaddon coming in January would mean that there was one release for Chaos in 2017.

Yes you can, that is what we are here for.
But it might be good to take a look at one of the painting .PDF's in the OP, to get a general grip of the process. You can also check the Games Workshop painting YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/GamesWorkshopWNT/videos

Also, when painting Tyranids, there are some simple management techniques you can get into when painting to make it quicker and easier, such as painting 10 of the same body parts at the same time. 10 heads, then 10 torsos, and so on. This is substantially better than doing one miniature whole, at a time.

A year is 365 days. There's already been one Chaos release in the last 365 days prior to Abaddon coming out. So you're wrong.

I'm thinking about finally starting 40k in a few months after being a fan of the fluff for 10 yrs (and playing WM/H and Malifaux on the tabletop) if I manage to save some money. How viable and expensive would and army of Deathwatch with some Inquisition be?

Thinking about some Henchmen in Chimeras or Razorbacks for numbers and some Ordo Hereticus guy to fuck psykers or Coteaz from the Inquisition, and getting the DW side of Death Masque plus maybe the new battlebox, or some flyer shit.

If you're buying the Command Squad just for the Apothecary set and the banner arm, you might want to consider buying these pieces individually from bits sites such as Bits n Kits or Bitzbox.
I can't vouch for Bitsbarn
You better do justice to those bases, user

The year starts in January you heathen.

Deathwatch are one of the easiest armies to get onto the table quickly, because all their units are expensive to field.

Although, surely your Inquisitor should be Ordo Xenos?

A mini of my inquisitor in power armor.

To be used in roleplay games and tabletop as well.

I will make a retinue with maybe one other space marine, servitors, an eagle etc....

The smoothness of the armor is done on purpose so I can paint details on it, and also because it's a basic mk 8 power armor that he shouldnt have in the first place.

The bolter is a relic he has that a servitor carries, and he only uses to shoot menaces from three feet away, hence why it looks so out of proportion.

He mainly gives orders and is on good terms with my custom chapter.

This means this miniature can be proxied to be an inquisitor, but also a veteran in a command squad, a sternguard or a sergeant in a tactical squad as well.

>Saturday, January 28
>Chinese New Year 2017
Checks out.

Are you getting these d00ds just for painting, or for playing too? You might want to make a list first, then buy according to the list. Kind of like making a shopping list actually
Also, Forge World stuff is generally quite expensive, but your army might overall be cheaper than other armies since you'll have less dudes with more equipment. Kind of like the Grey Knights.

I'll look into what looks good with dark purple armor, but I'm not a big fan of giant bases crammed with shit. I'd rather have standard bases on all my miniatures, regardless of how unique they are.

Yes, 2017 starts in January, but January is not a year after the last chaos release.

I was considering making his Com-device (which he has engineered to listen in on Tau com traffic) and his braid a shade of Red to contrast the skin which will be Blue to frame his face.

I'm user. :^)

Deathwatch is very viable economically but its hard to win games if you dont powergame and minmax, because almost all models are one wound and they have arguably the smallest model count army (tau powergamers aside)

That's a good attitude to have, smack-filled bases can easily bring a miniature down.
But just a bit of sand, paint, shade and pigment makes a model significantly more delicious, user.
Grass might be too contrasting if you're going with purple, an arctic tundra might work with it since there's blue tones, but a dusty, orange sandscape might be just right.

If there was only one Chaos release in 2016, and only one Chaos release in 2017, then that means there was only one chaos release per year, you fucking mongoloid. The fact that they were released a month apart is irrelevant.

I can't believe we're arguing over a joke post

Also you could've shut my argument down a lot easier by mentioning that Chaos literally just got BOTH Wrath of Magnus and Traitor Legions

This sounds daft, but he looks TOO much like a marine to be an inquisitor. I would've used an IG head.

Sounds nice. Depending on the rest of the colour scheme, you might want to make it a more purple-burgrundy red, think Farsight so it doesn't contrast *too* much.

Traitor's Hate, Wrath of Magnus and Traitor Legions.

But I'm just having fun arguing over stupid shit. I am an easily pleased person.

And last but not least, I'm assembling all overkill models with helmets on.

I tried to be as lore accurate as possible, so all models have fluffy helmets.

The helmet on the White Scar is the equivalent of the one he has on his bike in the original model.

I still dont have the Dark Angel helmet or the Iron Hand miniature.

I'll try to get a FW night lords maximus helmet with a skull for Cassius

I always had a boner for Hereticus, but Sisters belong to the kitchen. DWs color scheme is cool and their new models look sweet, and relatively low model count is a huge plus.

I'm mostly interested in playing, painting was often just a chore for me (thank all the Malifaux undead for that).
Haven't made any lists yet, not even read the full rulebooks or anything, just planning in advance. Codex: Imperial Agents might change some of those plans though.

I'll paint it in blue or dark red with imperial / inquisitorial symbols.

It is based on oldhammer, when inquisitors had terminator armor and weird patterns painted on them.

It's also clearly inspired by Silas Hand from the Daemonifuge comics

I have nothing against powergaming and minmaxing as long as the army looks cool in the process. Was seriously considering starting orcs when Nob Bikers and Battlewagons were the shit, but ended up spending my money on more Malifaux as I haven't had time for two games.

Reading the rulebook is my recommendation, it gives you some thoughts as to what parts and aspects of the army you like and want to reflect in your fighting force.
Also, i implore you to atleast prime and basecoat your minis, it looks significantly nicer, takes little time, and might save you issues with sniffy GW or game store employees.

Guys, I've re-started this game's campaing for nostalgia' sake, but I don't remember what was better for Bjo-Davin Thule, if full melee or full assault cannon.

I ask here because this game's general is now long dead.

I actually like this one

The problem is you'll have to spend a fuckton of money to buy bits to build your army

Deathwatch is not good unless you specialize absolutely everything.

This means for example you'll have to buy three extra frag cannons for each 4 frag cannon unit you want to make.

Also you'll probably be better off running them as allies to Imperial Guard because that can give you meatshields.

It sucks to spend a fortune on three terminators and five marines only to see them get rekt in the first turn because they only have one wound.

>not too many Riptides/Stormsurges
One of each of the big ones to much?

That assault cannon is the absolute best gun he can have.

You can rekt everything in the game just with him at a distance.