Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Playing Full Casters Isn't a Sin Edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t's the perfect time to post this again. I have finally finished the last two planned Archetypes for the Broken Shackles martials.

The Knight of the Patchwork Banner is an archetype for the Unchained Cavalier. This archetypes is simpler than the others, merely removing the Mount class feature for the Brawler's martial flexibility, a few extra Oath choices, and a large banner that incorporates multiple banners at once rather than being able to change them out.

The second is the Construct Tinkerer. A gunslinger archetype that loses half of its deeds for a construct companion. This companion comes in three forms, a copter, a small hound like construct, and a heavy lifter. Over time the Tinkerer is able to upgrade his construct companion in a variety of ways. Including spitting acid, blocking line of effect, an afterburner, and more.

These and the entire Broken Shackles Martials can be found here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you everyone for your support during development over the last few months. I hope that as soon as I test play this I will be able to approach a 3pp publisher to get these out there. It means a lot to me all the kind words and use of my system.

This was the original scope I had lain out for the project and it finally is accomplished.

Now the question is where to go next?
>Ritual Magic system to allow martials limited spellcasting
>Unchained Barbarian Redo
>Unchained Brawler
>Unchained Slayer
>My own autistic system that isn't the hellhole that is Pathfinder
>Book of Goblinoids

The Book of Goblinoid is a pet project of mine that I worked on a while ago.

Including the following:
Races:
>Bugbear
>Gubbins (aquatic goblins)
>Fleshed out Monkey Goblins
>Brawdwins (Native Outsider Goblins)
>Kojacks (Half Bugbear/Half Hobgoblin)
>Gremlins (Half Goblin/Half Hobgoblin)
>Meretroll (mistaken for a troll, actually a larger hairless bugbear)

Classes:
>a summoner archetype focused on barghest
>barghest speaker witch archetype
>goblinoid bloodrager & sorcerer bloodlines
>druid & ranger archetypes using goblin dogs
>neutral evil anti-paladin archetype
>goblins oracle mystery
>Bugbear shaman archetype dealing with their weird undead culture
>Bugbear "born into death" oracle curse

I fucking love goblinoids.

In light of the recent discussions about alignments, fixing settings, gods, and preventing threads from falling into absolute nightmares, here's a reminder that hope is an illusion.

Is it still alright to let my players use Tome of Battle from 3.5? I want them to be a bit sturdier, though I don't know if it's been outpaced by now.

I'm at the point now where I'm considering just using ports of the ToB classe instead of using Path of War.

dude do whatever you want

Why is this such a common answer. Why not talk about the implications of the decision.

It's like /pfg/ can't actually think through mechanical implications.

What is the connection between these pictures?

Because it doesn't affect any of us and it doesn't fucking matter to me what he lets his players use.

Because ToB is still pretty darn good compared to base PF. The implications are "Change some skills, enjoy doing more than one attack+move or 5ft step+full attack."

Honestly, converting the classes to PF is easy. The manuvers shouldn't have too much trouble being shunted over either. I think ToB would keep up just fine with Paizo monsters.

What do you mean by "sturdier" though.

It's because Pathfinder should, first and foremost, be a way for people to have fun together. If this means telling a story while the party effortlessly carves through legions of foes, more power to them.

Wait what? No seriously, fucking what? He is asking what will happen if he does it. Your answer is "not playing in your game lol, so I won't answer".

God damn. This actually made me really fucking angry. Holy fuck. I hope you're trolling and not actually retarded.

No, he asked if it was alright. Not 'what would happen'

Its absolutely alright and he should do what he wants

Seems like you're the one thats retarded, friendo.

He asked what would happen if he lets them use it.

You just dance around the question by going:
>lol doesn't matter, I'm not in the game
>lol just do what you want

I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or /pfg/ actually this retarded level of perceived conflict avoidance.

>2hu is applying for the HV gestalt game

Oh god.

Who the heck cares?

nothing meaningful will happen. Its path of war. Almost everyone that plays pathfinder played 3.5

3.5 is easily convertable and usable in PF. So it really doesn't matter, and he should do what he wants

Retard

anyone that likes their games without a guy who is spending his first question asking if he can gestalt two spheres high casters with multiple dips together and get their spell points and talents to stack

Oh hello there witch hunt user.

How are you?

So they're just trying to confirm how the DM is going to rule stuff before game starts? Seems like how stuff is supposed to be done instead of just springing it in the middle of game.

Scared that he might build something more interesting than your Serial Killer Vigilante?

While we're at it, lets bully DHB. We know he is here.

ALright pfg, got any suggestions on feats or gear for a Dragon Disciple Prestige Archetype 3 | Avowed (Dragon Pact) 3 gestalt character? I am going maximum overdragon and I want to dragon my dragon with a dragon dragon, if you dragon.

NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR

DHB more like NTRHB

He only likes Goblins because they're the top tier NTR race.

#BULLIED

you should buy any equipment with the word 'dragon' in it

Realtalk you should look for some 3.5 material like stuff in the draconomicon which had some dragon specific items and try to clear them with the GM.

Get Transformation and Hybrid Transformation for permanent dragon.

Those are all valid questions though? Since Spheres is a semi recent thing and people aren't sure how they interact in a Gestalt scenario?

I'm just more familiar with the OG Weeaboo magic. Newer to PF

I wish I knew

Part of What I had in mind. I thought that it would be a better base for players that aren't looking to minmax it, and not feel SO outpaced by the magic users later on. I just don't know how exactly it stacks up with the PF fighter, as I heard it got buffed up from 3.5

I appreciate the effort. I was wondering more mechanically speaking, that's true.

See Except you should also get the Improved Transformation, so you can add traits and transform as a swift action

Even with the buffs, pathfinder fighter is still pretty shitty compared to spellcasters. The buffs only put it barely on-par with its fellow martials, and that's only with heavy optimization using half a dozen splats.

>I just don't know how exactly it stacks up with the PF fighter, as I heard it got buffed up from 3.5
Unless your players are going to troll through the books to find all the good advanced weapon training + archetypes then ToB classes are still miles better. Even if they do that then the maneuvers still give the ToB classes a leg up.

Warblades, Swordsages, and Crusaders are way more fun than PF fighters.

Thank you, that about resolves my decision!

>. The buffs only put it barely on-par with its fellow martials, and that's only with heavy optimization using half a dozen splats.
Fighter is the best martial though as long as you're allowed archetypes.

When looking at the Transparent ability of a gelatinous cube and similar creatures, would you say that a perception check to notice the enemy is made automatically, as is the case for most creatures, or only when specifically requested like with traps? The DC to see the slime is a flat value, not an opposed roll, so in that regard it's already similar to a trap. When using this ability the slime also effectively functions like a trap, since it must be motionless and simply wait for someone to walk into it.

The ability in question:

"Transparent (Ex): Due to its lack of coloration, a gelatinous cube is difficult to discern. A DC 15 Perception check is required to notice a motionless gelatinous cube. Any creature that fails to notice a gelatinous cube and walks into it is automatically engulfed."

I don't know about "the best", but it at least can do things and not be totally fucked for it. Fighter always required archetypes in order to actually be anything but a total joke anyway.

With archetypes the Fighter becomes the most versatile, especially when you add in VMC.

A Mutation Warrior + Eldritch Guardian Fighter VMC Barbarian shits on the rest of the martials. Especially if he chooses a sage familiar.

don't forget that with the new archetypes a figther can basically trade out all his class features for alchemist features and retain weapon training only.

Isn't that Ratfolk only

or adoptive parentage humans

>On its turn, a creature can attempt to escape your lock whenever it tries to move
So they can receive one escape attempt per move action spent (or more with maneuvers/feats that let you move as a swift action)? Wouldn't this make Lock easier to escape than Grapple?

Actually it doesn't say it is.

So picking up from last thread because I am a masochist with terrible taste.

>local tiefling mage is too fucking lazy to study and cast his own spells anymore, would rather learn other shit, like how to properly use weapons or read weird dead languages
>rather than ditch his magic training entirely, opts to use it to just build something that can use and study his magic for him
>now has an artificial being that is permanently linked to him, can study and grow on its own, with the only downside being that they both draw from the same magical reserves
>now travels the countryside learning everything he can with a reluctant, quite literal buffbot in tow

How can I expand upon this and make this work, from a fluff standpoint. Already have a vague idea of mechanics, I just need to pad out the fluff.
It's an utter abomination, if you have to ask, but I feel compelled to actually go all the way with it. I started with an Alchemist||(Bushi/Vigilante) Stalker base and I'm almost scared to try actually breaking it down to individual components.

Never actually says that. Just that it's typical of ratfolk.

What should I gestalt Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) with if I want to have maximum fight-man power?

whatever you want

Blood of the beast adds some cool archetypes that a lot of characters can use. Ones that are for a race exclusively specify it next to the name of the archetype or with a prerequisite only a few races have the ability to use.

Literally anything you want my nigga.

Aegis for getting swole?
Psion for some mind controls shit or body horror buffing?
Alchemist for buffs and utility, maybe Vivisectionist for sneak attacks?

Alchemist just for Mutagens or Barbarian just for Rage.

Pretty much ZS Warder is pretty much the best fight man. You aren't going to get much better other than just higher numbers by gestalt.

Alchemist and Investigator pair well.

WHICH IS A DAMN GOOD THING, BECAUSE IT'D BE A SHAME IF SOME OF THOSE ARCHETYPES WERE LOCKED TO RACES THAT WERE SHIT AT USING THEM.

so triggered still

FUCK YES I AM. MY ONLY SOLACE IS THAT I COULD UNIRONICALLY BUILD A STOCK WIS/CHA AASIMAR INQUISITOR, THANKS TO STARKNIVES GETTING SO MUCH BULLSHIT SUPPORT, AND LUNAR ORACLE BEING VERY THEMATIC TO A DEDICATE DESNA WORSHIPPER.

Hey, calm down, relax. Just discuss it with your GM.

I'm probably going to go for Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) for that extra DR and stopping power!

>stacking a full BAB d12 class with another full bab d12 class
Shit nigga what are you doing!?

he wants to be the toughest.

Anyone know where i can get scans of BotB like this?

At least stack something with good Reflex save progression

Then what do you suggest, Senpai? Barbarian fits the brutal aesthetic of the character!

Try Slayer.

Still Int-based, good Reflex save, 6+Int skills per level, and sneak attack.

Investigator with a mutagen focus. Gives you more STRONK, as well as 6 skill points and a fast reflex save.

Slayer sounds great!

Is there another way to treat bleed effects as fast healing besides doing Demonic Ovedience for Shax?

Actually, unless you're really into Studied Target and the pitiful selection of Slayer Talents available, Vivisectionist Alchemist has all the same features that I pointed out for the Slayer, but it also has Mutagens and Extracts, with better Sneak Attack progression since it uses Rogue progression.

I'll just be honest I'm the Gregor Clegane guy, I'm looking for a class that is WIS-focused (taking the trait that switches my class abilities to Wilson) and reflects the character's juggernaut status and wanton addiction to performance enhancers.

I KNOW, AND MY GM IS A VERY NICE, LENIENT MAN, BUT IT STILL MAKES ME WANT TO KICK ALEX "NOT A FURRY" AUGUNAS IN HIS KITSUNE LOVING FACE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THE MOTHERFUCKER went and ignored my question about why they didn't just make it entirely cha-based in the first place. Come on bro,

DEDICATED, EVEN. Sorry, I started to phase out of "enraged" into "excited there.

Actually, now that I think about it, if I were to do this, even with the total meme of needing to be level 3 for it to actually work properly (muh noble scion dex-to-initiative), is there a way to get the TWF and/or Ranged feat chains as an inquisitor, without needing to meet the Dex requirements?

The book is in the trove now, though I honestly would prefer it if I could get the pages just in image form, like so. Maybe I'm just retarded and there's a way to do it in a pdf viewer, but I don't know how to do it. Instead of more angry/upset faces, have another page.

>Kitsune get an alternate set of racial ability score mods
>catfolk don't

MUST. NOT. POP. BLOODVESSEL.

>4
Catfolk can't be wise, otherwise curiosity wouldn't kill them!

Oh, you're going for Ordained Defender as well? Well that changes things slightly.

Slayer still works very well, since it only really relies on Int for Slayer Talent DCs and Master Slayer, neither of which are necessary for the class to function.

It makes Alchemist a bit of a worse choice since they actually do use Int for some of their real class features, but it works great if you flavor Mutagens to be your performance enhancers.

There aren't many non-caster Wis-based classes, so if you're tight on point buy and you don't want to split resources between Int and Wis, Inquisitor is a good bad choice considering its potential for self-buffing.

The Mountain is smarter than he is wise.
Alchemist would give him mutagen as perfomance enhancer.

Wait what's wrong here? I can't open the image.

> Buccaneer seems like a neat archetype
> Get to drink booze for more grit
> It's Human only for whatever reason, but I can't really complain since at least that means I get a bonus feat

> Loses Quick Clear
> Don't get Gun Training until level fucking THIRTEEN

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

Wheres book 6 of hells vengeance in the trove?

Ah, but if you pump Intelligence they'll be so smart that they won't have anything to be curious about!

>Inquisitor archetype on the catfolk page of Blood of the Beast
>big draw is that it trades out the Domain for the ability to pick an Oracle Mystery
>at 1st and 8th you get a Revelation from that Mystery that you would qualify for, treating your Inquisitor level as Oracle level for the revelations
>no extra revelations, which is fine, because you still have enough to get the good ones from a Mystery
>but all mystery shit is still based off Charisma, while spellcasting and all other inquisitor features remain based off Wisdom
>the page that this archetype is on is for a race with -2 Wis, +2 Cha
>immediately after this is an archetype for FUCKING SHAMAN, THAT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING RELATED TO CHARISMA

>laughing paizo.jpg

>Building Hell's Vengance character
>motto
>"Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun."
>planning on being CE
This is gonna be a fun time.

What's up, Sips_?

How much gold does a pound of premium dirt go for anyway?

PLS RESPOND

Not true! Even if you know a lot that doesn't stop you from repeating stupid stuff because you're still curious about it! A lot of us are smart enough to know that pathfinder is shit, and we're unwise enough to continue playing it!

>planning on making a character dreaming of the sky
>planning on a dwarf
>he can't do magic himself, literally incapable of learning
>plans on creating something else to fly
>A Dream of Flight is his major theme

What is the best classes to accomplish this with? I am thinking Alchemy can probably get a slide.

Ah, but of course! You have bested me sir!

It's been 7 minutes. Chill

How do I maximize my polymorphing of hapless enemies, /pfg/?

Pic semi-related, I saved it maybe fifty threads ago and am not the artist.

Alchemist then.

WAIT A FUCKING TIC, there's an archetype to change spellcasting modifier for spheres, and the GM of RotJR said that changing an initiator to charisma could be done for free. Do you fuckers know what this means?

CHARISMA BASED ALCHEMY. CHARISMA BASED BRUTAL SLAYER. WE IN BUSINESS, BOYS. TERRIBLE CONCEPTS NEVER DIE, ONLY GROW STRONGER

>Harumphing intensifies!

He did say he'd be keeping an eye out for abuse, so its not a given.

Don't buy the pig while it's still in the bag

its not on the trove? I've got my hands on it

Get in the bag, neppy!

>tfw my group is starting hell's vengeance in a couple weeks
>tfw most of them already know their characters
>they're all concepts i was thinking of playing and now i ran out of ideas

IN THE FUCKING BAG

Absolutely Alchemist. Alchemy is technically not magic, but apart from that there's hang gliders, Buoyant Balloons, and Alchemical Dragons.

Fair enough I suppose, and I still have an Int-based, much less entertaining setup. It'd just be an awful shame to have a dad whose wizard-child is physically stronger than he is.

>CHARISMA BASED ALCHEMY
Can't you already do that? Method to the Madness from Inner Sea Monster Codex.

kind of

That needs the Madness (EX) which only Dwerro's have

>Ones that are for a race exclusively specify it next to the name of the archetype or with a prerequisite only a few races have the ability to use.

Wait, really? Wouldn't that make it so only Nine-Tailed Heir is exclusive?